Nechronica

So some years ago someone was translating this or something.
I wonder does anyone know did the user ever get it done?

Other urls found in this thread:

nechronica.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
exhentai.org/g/536652/171b2855b4/
drive.google.com/open?id=1pfQjbxKdWm4dV6jf-FCLiTRg8Iq0mFG8A2o0dpbn620
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nechronica.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page
Yes. Here's our translation efforts thus far.

Patchwork dolls a cute.

>I wonder does anyone know did the user ever get it done?
We've translated all of the mechanics of the core rulebook, to my knowledge, and are (semi-currently, the translator is h*cka busy irl) working on the fluff. All of the parts, mechanics, doll creation, basically what you need to play have been accurately translated.

I can give a rundown of the system and answer general questions.

I love the theme of the setting, but the combat is so horrendously swingy it's unbearable to actually play.

Sweet, thanks.
It's very late where i live, so ill be checking the link when i have time.

How so? You can't help bad luck, but you can generally use Supports and Hinders to land hits. There are also a number of ways to get re-rolls (Dance of Death, Reckless, Meat Snake) and bonuses to-hit (Made to be Broken, Gun God/God of Death/Mad Demon are a few examples).

Alright. I'll probably be here for the next eight hours or so.

The TLWiki is out of date and hasn't been updated in ages. The most current update of the game can be found at the Miraheze wiki. Just google Nechronica Wiki and you'll see it in the results.

I linked it

Mostly my complaint is how every hit point is a piece of doll that serves a function (other than the exceedingly limited guts), so whoever takes hits first most likely to be deprived of options, and thus become more likely to be worse at combat.
Yes, you can build a Junk/Stacy who works fine until their very last piece breaks, but otherwise your options can very much end up shrinking rapidly.

In my game, generally speaking, the dolls have relied on very few parts to really be useful. The Automaton stays relevant as long as she has a movement part/can be moved by the likes of Boost/Wire Reel and has her Superior Katana and the Baroque stays relevant as long as she has her Meat Snake and a movement part.

Most basic parts (foot, one bone, both entrails, spine, fist, arm, shoulder, jaw) can be lost with no significant impact on your combat performance, beyond your ability to take more damage or support/hinder. It helps to have enemies that only do one or two damage per hit, and not give them bonuses to hit or very minor ones (+1), in addition to one or two supports.

Also, AP loss doesn't apply until the next Round starts, so you can break +AP Reinforcement Parts if you don't expect the fight to go past one Round (Mine rarely do due to the damage output of the party).

can someone give an elevator pitch of this game? From what is rarely posted I've gathered that you play as zombie/cyborgs roaming a postapoc setting, mechanics revolve around grafting body parts onto yourself, and it's Japanese so obviously every PC must be a loli

That's not what it means to be swingy really means but anyway this is something that is up to the GM to learn. You do lose options as you take damage, but as said, you can lose a lot of your parts without hurting your ability to fight.

Even then, as long as the party wins the fight, the unlucky PC can be pieced back together and continue on. There's always the possibility of an enemy getting a lucky crit and removing your only good attack part, but there's also ways to get around it.

Play as an undead, under-aged girl with a variety of mutations, cybernetic enhancements, and weapons. You and the other players must stick together to avoid succumbing to both the creatures which attempt to tear apart your body and the madness which tears at your mind.

The combat system is fairly unique and a lot of it is based on counter-play and the madness system helps encourage roleplaying as well as applying pressure from a direction other than just physical damage.

I'll try my best...

Nechronica is an RPG where you play as amnesiac mutant cyborg zombies (Dolls) in a post-apocalyptic setting. Mechanics revolve around combat & madness and fetters.

Combat's an action point system where you go start at the top of the count and go down, each character on the field of battle taking actions that subtract from their total AP pool, and don't act again until their new total. HP is how many parts you have remaining, and after combat you recover parts, scrounged up from the battlefield. There's a lot of counterplay with quite a few effects, but combat's fast and doesn't get bogged down.

The Dolls are created by Necromancers, usually girls (from young to late teens), and they wake up with their sisters. They have fetters to these sisters, and each fetter can hold up to three madness points. When you reach four madness on a fetter, its effects activate and cause combat effects and change how the character acts. For example, if you have the Friendly fetter towards another PC and it fills up with madness, you'll suffer the Inordinate Empathy madness, where you destroy your own parts until you have the same number of damaged parts as the target of the fetter.

Madness can be used to re-roll (which I forgot to include in , very useful tool) any die roll, and some parts/skills have madness costs. You roll madness checks when scary things happen.

Conversation checks are rolled when you roleplay with your sisters, and they can reduce madness. However, you have a cap on the madness you can reduce based on the number of fragments of memory you have.

Fragments of memory are the bits and pieces of your past that you remember. The Necromancer (GM) will give out more, either having you roll on the table or by making their own.

Well that's not an elevator pitch, so let me try again: tl;dr you're playing an amnesiac mutant cyborg zombie loli who fights off madness with the power of friendship in a post-apocalyptic hellhole.

is there any interparty tension or some kind of mechanic that encourages/prevents the party from dismembering each other or sharing parts?

Sharing parts? In combat, what you can do is strictly defined and there aren't any actions that let you do that. Out of combat, it's up to the GM to decide if you can do that (but it'd definitely be a no in regards to reinforcement parts).

The madness system encourages players to stick together and not fuck each other over since you have these things called fetters on each player character. Each fetter can sustain 4 madness points before the madness effect activates and some of them are pretty nasty. The way to combat this is to make conversation checks with the other player characters. You get bonuses to these checks based on roleplaying and all that. Also the GM could (logically) decide that attacking your fellow sisters is good cause for madness checks.

Really though, the game does not encourage PVP. There's a number of parts and skills that the GM isn't supposed to put on enemies that players can get.

Yes. Every party member has to make a Fetter to each other, which is vaguely a sort of sanity meter.
Though "prevents the party from dismembering each other" can be defied, as one possible Fetter is Hatred, and when that breaks, its corresponding Madness is indeed "Open Hostility" (i.e. any time you're not killing another enemy, you're pretty much trying to kill them).

>one possible Fetter is Hatred, and when that breaks, its corresponding Madness is indeed "Open Hostility"
Ironically it's also best possible Fetter for support. Tough Love.

Save for the part where if you have that madness on, you're the one who needs the tough love, not the target of the fetter.

neat! thanks for being so informative, I personally hate the aesthetic but the system under the hood sounds pretty cool

I had a combat where a giant animatronic teddy bear hugged someone so hard her head popped off.

Nechronica's systems are a thing of beauty.

Aesthetic is the easiest part to fix, unless you hate violent combats.

Here's the PDF.

That PDF is very outdated. It has a lot of things wrong. Please don't share it. Share the wiki instead:

bump

>h*cka
Are you 12? It's ok to swear on the internet. And if you don't want to swear then don't use self-censored neutered swear words as it makes you look like some kind of apologetic wimpy faggot. Curse where appropriate, don't where it is not. Commit to your use of language or fuck off.

There's no reason to use that kind of language, user. Even though the subject matter of this thread might be a bit unwholesome, that doesn't mean it's okay to be rude to others! You should apologize right now.

G*sh d*rn-it, I'm sorry about that outburst. Seeing such behavior just really ruffles my feathers.

Were the supplement books ever scanned?
particularity ネクロニカ・ESPサプリメント
『歪曲の舞踏』 best boy radiohead did the cover

also is there a proper raw for the main book I've only found the comic exhentai.org/g/536652/171b2855b4/ that was in it.

Who is she, I'm seeing alot of fan art on pixiv under the name ゾンビクイーン, is she the antagonist for the scenario?

These books are getting translated. There's three supplements total.

That is the Zombie Queen. One of the antagonists

Wouldn't the solution to that problem be to have more than one good attack part? My groups generally have several attack parts on different locations so that they can take a dismemberment and still be able to attack.

I barely notice any difference. What exactly makes the TLWiki outdated? Did they miss the errata?

TL wiki only covered up to Dance of Distortion and had some mistakes in it's translation as well as missing errata. The new Wiki also covers things that the old wiki left incomplete or missed out, like monster stats.

Ah, thanks! I didn't think of Enemy Data at all so I skipped skimming through it. It's nice to see that someone translated the enemies.

I love the art and images of Nechronica, does it have like an art book or something?

I just i want them all.

There's some art-links in the wiki. Known official artists for the game are Hetza Hellshock, Abubu and megrim haruyo.

I wish more people would try their hand at it. Ray-K gets an honourable mention too. It takes a skilled artist to capture both the horror and the humanity in the average Nechronica character.

Thanks user.

Well i went to pixiv and aparently i didn't want to do anything else today anyways.

He's probably influenced by /jp/'s special brand of shitposting, it's basically their board culture/vocabulary.

>Wouldn't the solution to that problem be to have more than one good attack part?

Or have trusted companion, or a couple of other things. Point is, there's a lot of ways to protect yourself from getting gimped by a lucky crit/dismember.

>What exactly makes the TLWiki outdated? Did they miss the errata?

That and being outright wrong. Some examples

>Crab Legs is listed as Gauntlet but for legs
While a shame for all those potential boot knife builds, it actually provides the defend 1 to the legs, but also allows you to declare a melee or unarmed attack at an enemy if your move is successful.
>Meatshield blocking damage
It doesn't negate the whole attack only additional properties (explosive, chain, etc). The attack still does damage.
>Boost "Doesn't work on your own maneuvers"
The actual intent of it was that you can't move yourself with boost.

And that's three of the major mistakes. Pretty sure there might have been a few others , but there is also errata and the missing sections are being done (one of the errata is just flat out removing Even Unto Tartarus).

Oh wow. Those are some things that really shift the power balance.

Agreed. In higher level games, a lot of fights ended up boiling down to whoever could force the other side to use up all their Anticipates and Meat Shields first. Now they've been corrected the game is far more balanced now.

how would onw go about stating Fran and her sisters? (frankenfran)

Off the top of my head?
Alice (Because she's somewhat humane in a twisted way)
Baroquex2 (All those mutations and meaty parts)
As for a build, add in some Court and Sorority skills to reflect her intelligence and leadership.

so when u pick 2 classes, how is the second different from the first?

During character creation, you get to pick two classes. Your first choice lets you choose two skills from that class. Your second choice lets you choose one skill from that class.

So going Gothic/Baroque will let you pick two gothic skills and one baroque skill to start with.

If you pick two of the same class, you can choose three skills from the class and can choose the special ability for the class, which is normally locked out.

The only difference is you get 2 skills from the main class and 1 skill from the sub class. That's it.

so Fran would be like: mutated being, karmic corpse and regeneration? where are you seeing this information? on the wiki?

I've actually been working on gathering as many translated stuff as I can and put in a collected rulebook. This was before the current translation project (with exception of the monster info which I wholesale grabbed from there) But I did it to show to normal people who may not be interested in playing zombie lolis so shit got rewrote to be more gender neutral/less loli. It's also missing Drag Eater.

I can drop a link to the doc if anyone wants it, just keep in mind the original translation's got some weird prose to the rules.

Whoa, scratch that the translation project is going along real strong. Damn, I've wasted time on this, my doco is way out of date.

Yall are doing gods work on your translation.

Wait so is the Crab Legs bonus attack free or does it just effectively let you do it with Rapid timing?

On that subject, how do people adjudicate the Defend 1 from Gauntlet and Crab Legs? I took it to mean it's once a round for 0 AP, like most things with Damage timing.

You still have to pay the cost for a Crab Legs attack, and as for timing it doesn't really specify but it's probably the same timing as how you move, or perhaps just always Action. And the defend is Auto timing, so it's reusable as many times per round as you get hit there.

would be interested in more gender neutral less loli nechronica. friends are normies who die at the sight of animu.

But when you stip away the animu all that's left is pretty much just feels and guro. And I think we've all grown out of the /b/ phase...

If you're interested, I guess.

drive.google.com/open?id=1pfQjbxKdWm4dV6jf-FCLiTRg8Iq0mFG8A2o0dpbn620

And the combat/madness system. There's still that. That is, honestly, the main draw to some people.

A free Defend 1 is really good though, even with a location requirement. The closest equivalents are Regeneration which is unlimited Defend 1's for 1 AP and the tier 3 parts which give a Defend 2 for 0 AP. Not to mention Gauntlet is the only part which gives a static damage boost.

A free defend is exceptionally good, and it's on a T3 part, which are meant to be exceptionally good. You have to spend 30 favor each time you want to reach one, for the most part, unless you have specific classes. If you want 2 T3s from Enhancement you're either shelling out a lot of favor, or are a Romanesque, which is its own set of restrictions. They're still only defending one hit location, and the defend only applies to a main hit, meaning you can chip at the location with explosive damage and it will be vulnerable even to 1 damage attacks.

What's the best way to do a tank build? Stacy is an obvious pick.

Baroque is really good since they get Regeneration for defence and Crystallise to block special effects. Gothic can be incredibly tanky too since Feast of Flesh regenerates basic parts for just 1 AP. One trick is regenerating just 1 part in a destroyed location - any extra damage to that spot is just wasted.

ded

Undead!

We need more expeditions into Japan to pluck out all their homebrew rules and takes on the game. Here's some homebrewed classes.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, what does the Thanatos class skill actually do?

Huh, the effect is different now that I look at it on Miraheze. I hadn't even noticed that. So, what it does is this: you hit an enemy with an attack. Upon doing so, you may declare Unlimited Destruction. By doing so, you may now use every other attack maneuver you possess on them, and all the damage you then deal will take place on this count, breaking a shitton of parts simultaneously. It's mostly straightforward, the only question is if it overrides things like Zombie Bomb's need to be broken or Psycho Blaster's 1/round limit.

From my experience the rules tend to be very literal. There's many combos and ways to use certain abilities multiple times in the one round.

Another important mistake in Character Creation. The TLwiki says that dolls start with one madness in all their fetters. The actual translation is that all newly created dolls start with three madness in all fetters, just one madness point away from that fetter going into a state of madness.

It's the little things.

Tell us a story about your Nechronica game.

1) Inspired by Stalker, the dolls have been created by less than ethical Russian authorities and deployed into the Zone. In said zone are all the horrors of not only those who perished in the chernobyl meltdown, but all those dolls who came before the player characters.

2) Somewhat mush'ish with many player characters and rotating GMs, a handfull of dolls who fell from the sky slowly build themselves a settlement from the ashes of the world. In doing so, more and more dolls, other players, are drawn to this last bastion of civilization and huddle together to survive.

Stacy's damage interrposition skill is a must-have. Beyond that, either a second Stacy for the huge Hinder or a Gothic (Delight in Corrupion to repeat your best defend maneuver, and Feast of Flesh) are good picks. Psychedelic can negate a hit l, but only when you are the original target.

For position, I use Court for the Foresight skill so that I don't need to invest in offenses.