Horus Heresy General - /hhg/

Ya'll niggas need plastic spiritual liege in chinacast edition

First for best legion, actual models posted, titans are for max D, and, you know, stuff, can't come up with shit, father Nurgle has blessed me. >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

YOU SHALL NOT ESCAPE ME FOR I AM ETERNAL

Repostan from end of bread.
I made a Victory is Vengeance list, which I never see talked about despite looking kinda fun. Anyone tried it?

Leaders (137, so 6 extra supply points):

Secutarii Axiarch, MC Power Fist, Archaeotech Pistol (75). Hero, Paragon.

Magos Auxilia, Reductor (40)

Secutarii Hoplite Alpha, (22)

Rank and File (300):

15 Peltasts, Rad carbines (165)

5 Hoplites, (60)

3 Flamer Servo-automata (30)

Tarantula, TL Mauler Cannon, Forward Deployment (40)

Nothing to break through 2+ seems to be the big problem, but I'm hoping Peltasts can irradiate the few termies that will be showing up. Had some trouble deciding where to put the last 65 points, since I had enough Secutarii and didn't have any small vehicles unless I get lucky with getting Abundant personnel and can buy an Arvus, so I took some heavy guns and some charge deterrents. Perhaps a fortification?

It's a nice idea, but I think the no tanks rule is ridiculous. Is a rhino really more game-breaking than a fucking leviathan siege dreadnought? Maybe have a 0-1 limit on AV14 and ban armoured breakthrough, but no tanks whatsoever is just silly.

No drop pods seems odd too, although I don't use the things myself.

It needs to be hammered out, like you said, so maybe more than one fucking page of rules.

Support squad with 5 meltaguns and a combi-melta sergeant in a Rhino enough melta?

Why not 10 melta guns with a Multi-melta on the Rhino?

Costs a fuck ton of points. And a bit of an overkill against anything that doesn't have AC and melta against anything with AC is a bit of a waste.

I do like that with their
>we give zero fucks for your input until you’ve playtested it like us
attitude to feedback you literally couldn't suggest to them that it might be more fun with some tanks. "Well, if you played with tanks you weren't actually playtesting these rules" is some nice catch-22 chucklefuckery.

I think it comes out of frustration at footslogging lists rarely working in 30k. If you put tanks back in the game then everyone will have to take them to have a chance.

Maybe if you play with their rules, then say that X army got destroyed by some infantry unit that can only adequately be countered by Tanks, then maybe. And probably will be limited to one detachment or model.

Red casing or Blue-Black highlight casing on the bolters?

Red, make it pop from the other colors

I disagree that removing tanks is the solution though. People hide their infantry in metal boxes because phosphex etc. annihilates them if you don't. Seems to me removing the phosphex is the solution, not removing the metal boxes.

Blue-black. Do the shoulderpads in red is you want that additional colour.

Not just Phosphex. Medusas with regular ammo and Vindicators have a similar effect.

True. So I'd say, a restriction on certain tanks, not a blanket ban. Hell, you can still bring a leviathan with a grav-flux bombard in their current rules, so some tanks should be fine.

Nothing with an AV above 13, no flare shields?
Lord of War style points restriction on them?

>I think it comes out of frustration at footslogging lists rarely working in 30k.

Fucking hell man, there's plenty of options to make footsloggin' decent in casual games, here's a few off the top of my head

>Void Shield Generators
>Use the Fortification thats 5 Imperial Bastions, give them escape hatches and throw 100 tactical squads into No Man's Land in turn 1.
>Play AL/RG/NL or Drop Assault Vanguard with any legion
>Use Vigilators to Outflank 20 man squads
>Play Maru Skara with Fulgrim, infiltrate 60 tactical squads and outflank whatever else, now you can have 100 dudes in your opponent's shit turn 2
>Outflank huge squads with Chogorian Brotherhood

You want big squads of big men? Then go big with them or go home, theres options so use them.

I do wish there was a RoW for nothing but infantry though.

>I do wish there was a RoW for nothing but infantry though.
Isn't the Reaping the closest thing?

I meant a generic one for all legions but yeah The Reaping does work.

The kill team restriction on vehicles (all side must add up to no more than 33) would be adequate. Lets you take rhinos, but nothing bigger.

>I do wish there was a RoW for nothing but infantry though.
That's a good idea.

Generic Rite of War - Revenge of the Blob
Effects:
The maximum size of Tactical, Tactical Support, and Breacher Squads is increased by 10 models.
Squads with more than 10 models receive a 5+ cover save for the duration of the shooting phase after taking its first unsaved wound, representing one squad member absorbing incoming fire.
Restrictions:
Only units with the Infantry and Walker type may be taken in this detachment.

>titan levels plasma blastgun at squad
>plasma wave fries steve
>remaining 29 legionaries hide behind steve's body and are unharmed

Infantry works well provided you can remove things that ignore cover and then hug the cover like a fucking hippie.

it should be kill team style rules, no vehicles with the tank type with more than 3hp and a maximum AV, walkers can still be whatever, walkers with more than 3 hp are 0-1 choices.

The SoH long march RoW is kind of oriented around foot slogging

>tfw Leman Russ fucked up so hard he can't even face the Emperor

He knows he's been a bad dog.

TS + PotL

Spam veteran tacticals like nothing else matters, spam quad mortars, spam anti-AV14 heavy support or Lightning Primaris fighter wing.

>Want to footslog
>Bans Rhinos
>Quad Mortars are fine

Does not compute.

Dog genes were a mistake, should've put Cat genes.

Wants to simulate that WW1 hell warfare.

>both sides sit on their table edges and shell the shit out of each other with explosives and chemical weapons

Fun.

All those leadership tests
That inevitable turn 5 death charge across the open field to try to get obsec

So were the EC actually increasing in numbers despite the galaxy-wide war whittling them down?

Fabius Bile is more or less EC's MVP of all time

Speaking of EC wip on my dreadnought, need to hit it with some dullcoat in areas tomorrow and work on the face and base. Im tempted to try freehand on the parchment but im worried about messing it up.

They had some things working to their advantage.

They had the best apothecaries of any Legion. They'd already gathered lots of experience of working with gene-seeds. Considering Fabius could even revive the dead,not to mention his later shenanigans, I don't think the importance of this point can be understated.
They weren't actually very committed to the war effort. Fulgrim left the whole thing with 2/3 of the EC.
The 1/3 that was left, under Eidolon's command, were fighting a war of attrition against the White Scars, but the White Scars eventually chose to completely bypass Eidolon's whole fighting force. Consequently sparing the EC from a lot of casualties.
The EC were not in the thick of the fighting at Terra. While everyone else was fighting the siege, the EC were assaulting the relatively defenseless civilian population. There's good reason to think they suffered the lowest number of casualties of any Legion present for the siege.

There's probably more to add there. TL;DR: they had good know-how, and they did comparatively little of the sort of costly fighting that some other Legions were involved in.

Almost all the legions started mass recruitment during the heresy, most of casualties during the war would have been marines who had never known another conflict.

The EC were very proactive in building their legion during the heresy, and along with their pussying around taking slaves during the siege instead of fighting, is one of the reasons they were so powerful in the legion wars in the eye of terror and considered the largest and most powerful legion during that time.

It helps when you only fight helpless victims because fuck strategy.

Surprisingly slow day in here.

Land Raider Achilles
y/n?

>Be Contemptor Dreadnought
>Once a proud and flawless warrior of the IIIrd Legion
>Now cursed to ruin my impeccable aesthetics because some fool pooped on my base
Seriously, bro, I looks like he's walking through a septic tank.

If you have a decent 6-man squad to put in there, sure. Especially if you can get access to phosphex.

/pol/beards need to gtfo but this made me smile a little

One of the Lost Primarchs used cat genes, that's why it wandered off and disappeared, never coming back.

I seem to remember that victory is vengeance has a special rule where non-astartes are not allowed, but it's not like it will unbalance a campaign where fluff is first and foremost, balance is just an afterthought.

I've been playing a few Victory is Vengeance games over Vassal with a mate, the system is quite solid for pickup games, but really shines as a narrative campaign. With some tweaks and the removal of leaders, it also makes for an amazing HH kill team mode.

Please tell me you're going to paint those lenses with a nice gem effect.
They're turning out great so far.

VoV is built for Istvaan-style hit and run campaigns. I don't recall if it's explicitly no non-marines, but the system wasn't "set up for them."

Honestly it wouldn't break anything. Maybe Militia blobs, but that's something that could be edited easily with basic houserules.

Wtf i hate Magnus now

Magnus was a good boy and did nothing wrong.

>no banana talk yet

HERESY!
So how would you outfit a squad of Hetaeron Guard?

Making loyalist Luna Wolves. Should I decorate base with Ork bits or Traitor marine bits?

What if one of the lost primarchs had been raised by digganobs?

>>no banana talk yet
You must not have been around recently

Misericordia on everyone.

Depends on the time period

Fulgrim kind of fucked off with most of his legion after Istavan 5 and barely even bothered to show up to the siege. Its not hard to grow your numbers if you do that

2000pts, Imperial Fists.

+HQ+

Delegatus [2xPlasma Pistol, Artificer Armor, Refractor Field, Melta Bomb] RoW: Chosen Duty

+Elites+

Cataphractii Squad [5x Terminators, 3x Pair of Lighting Claws, Heavy Flamer+Power Fist, Sgt w/ Pair of Lighting Claws]+Teleportation Transponder

Tartaros Squad [5x Terminators, 3x Pair of Lighting Claws, Assault Cannon+Power Fist, Sgt w/ Pair of Lighting Claws]+Teleportation Transponder

2x
Indomitus Squad [5x Terminators, 3x Combi-Bolter+Power Fist, Assault Cannon+Power Fist, Sgt w/ Combi-Bolter+Power Fist]+Teleportation Transponder

+Troops+

4x
Veterans [10xTacticals, 2xMissile Launcher, Marksmen]+Rhino

+Fortification+

Munitorum Container [3xContainers]

I would give the Veterans heavy bolters but I need all the AT I can muster and 8 Missile launchers should do the trick.

The fluff for this is that Rogal Dorn has given the mission for the Delegatus to gather a small group of veterans and search the neighboring systems for any loyalist or Imperial Fist forces that have been stuck outside of the Sol system blockade and bring any and all reinforcements or equipment back to Terra before the Warmaster arrives. I need to come up for a name for this force.

They're your dudes, dude.

Seriously though, it depends on the backstory you've given them. If you're going to use them in battles against other 30k armies, you're best off explaining why they're in Luna Wolves colors after the start of the Heresy. In that case they're more likely to be fighting marines than orks.

What is the best way to delivery 10 of these guys other than a Spartan?
Tried using a Kharybdis, and its just underwhelming. Sure, it can hold 10 dudes, but I don't like how it plays.
Should I run a Storm Eagle, Caestus Assault Ram, or drop down to 5 and run a Anvillus Dreadclaw?
I don't see many Super Heavies or Primarchs where I play luckily.
Any Word Bearer advice?

why not just DS them using their built in deep strike?

Demons lost Deep Strike in 7th (or 6th?).

Can someone post the updated armor autism chart?

I am worried that they will just get Fury of the Legion'd or Blast Templated if they Deep Strike. I'd rather protect them somehow, and a Transport should solve that.
Especially as they are 395pts how I run them.
200 Gal Vorbak
150 Additional Gal Vorbak x5
10 Power Maul x1
10 Power Axe x1
10 Artificer Armour (Dark Marytr)
15 Power Fist (Dark Marytr)

Open to ideas though.

>I am worried that they will just get Fury of the Legion'd or Blast Templated if they Deep Strike

Be strategic. Force your opponent to keep blast templates on other frontline targets. Deep strike into cover if assaulting an entrenched position. If you wanted a foolproof strategy, you wouldn't be using DS in the first place.

Considering I run 2x15 Assault Squads, the GV would still be a larger target likely.
DS'ing into cover with a 400pts unit won't end well for me, and a scatter can make them take an extra turn to get close.
What transport is better than DS?

>10 Power Maul x1
>10 Power Axe x1
pointless upgrades on them desu

The local dude has four min units in dreadclaws and a leviathan at 2.5k and they mince anything not a maximum squad of 2w termies

Dreadclaw, but you said you don't really like it. So your menu is quite small in this case.

First time making a 30k list. I was gonna use it for 40k with my friends; how's my list? The apothecary and Kyr were gonna stick with the havocs and the dread behind the aegis.

With that many dreadclaws and a leviathan, I would expect he wins 99% of his battles.

Not really, more like two out of three, we have a pretty tough meta. Its satan's own alpha strike but bad positioning and luck have ruined him several times, as have heavy armour-spam lists where his leviathan never catches anything. It does fuck artillery spam like little else though. Also, he has literally zero scoring so he relies on killing the opposition to win.

I've never found the Maul to be worthless, as when coupled with the Dark Martyr's Power Fist, I can take on most armour. S7 + Rending and the S10 PFist makes quick work of anything.
The Axe is more of a guarantee AP2, I likely should swap it out for another Maul.

I assume he runs the Serrated Suns RoW?
What weapons does his Leviathan have?

I don't like the Kharybdis, is the Anvillus worth it to just run 5 guys?

Ditch the Apoth. 10man tacticals are gonna die super quickly, more bodies are better.

Iron Havoks with that many Lascannons is overkill. Each time a dude dies, its 47points gone.

Why do the Tyrant Siege Termies need a ride? That means they are not shooting if inside, and that means you are not blanketing the table with blasts.

Where does your HQ go?

Serrated suns, and a magnetised leviathan that usually has claw+melta lance+phosphex, although sometimes it has grav and drill.
S7 Rending just doesnt seem like its worth its points but i have no real idea, all the GV i see are MSU with aa/fist sarges

Not a fan of how that RoW really limits what can score.
Leviathans are cool, just not for me.

Well, S7 is needed for me as I face Mechanicum, and that high-S comes in handy. It also allows me to take out medium-tanks too.
Looks like he is using the MSU approach solely to blender weak units.

Hq was gonna stick with the havocs, but that seems like a waste now.

So I get rid of the land raider, and drop the havocs down to 5 man unit.

Should I increase the tacticals to 15 with an apothecary each?

I LIKE IT

>Infantry works well provided you can remove things that ignore cover and then hug the cover like a fucking hippie.

I have no idea what my local meta is like since I play with friends and we're still building our armies.

We were thinking of using full on urban terrain to maximize the usefulness of infantry. How come this seems to be thoroughly unpopular?

Infiltrate them.

Gal Vorbak are an Alpha Legion unit, right?

Sure.

FNP is kind of wasted on havocs, it's best on a squad you intend to get into a melee or have to take a ton of fire. Tacs could use a transport, foot slogging just doesn't accomplish much, too slow to grab far away objectives and easily outmaneuvered.

HQ
Kyr is cool, and a Seige Breaker in the Havoks would also be good. Just be aware that since they can easily take down most tanks, they will be target #1.
Land Raider is cool, but don't see the point of it. Get a Mortis Dread or a Sicaran instead.
15 in a Tactical is better. Since Iron Warriors, a Rapier or 2 with Quad Launchers is always wise.

Can Kyr let you take Pride of the Legion? If so, make those Tacticals into sniper-Veterans!

I'm pretty sure Kyr can let you take it. Should I keep the Tyrant Siege Terminators or swap them for something else? I can't take them as troops with the RoW since they're normally heavy support.

I'd still keep the Tyrants. Doesn't matter if you can't make them Troops, you have the space.
A Master of Signals is also HIGHLY recommended for you, make him join a 15man Tactical or 10man Veteran squad so they have BS5 and that 1x S8 AP3 D3 Large Blast Orbital bombardment.

I'd go for colder colours. IH aren't there to look pretty.

Alright, I made a bunch of changes.

youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs

To a hive of Holy Terra rode a Templar one fine day
Hardly spoke to folks around him didn't have too much to say
No one dared to ask his business no one dared to make a slip
For the Templar there among them had a black iron on his hip
(Black iron on his hip)

It was early in the morning when he rode into the town
He came riding from the south side slowly lookin' all around
He's an traitor loose and running came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with the black iron on his hip
(Black iron on his hip)

In this town there lived an Khornate by the name of Kharn the Red
Many men had tried to take him and that many men were dead
He was vicious and a killer though a youth of twenty four
And the notches on his chain axe numbered one an nineteen more
One and nineteen more

Now the Templar started talking made it plain to folks around
Was an champion of the seventh wouldn't be too long in town
He came here to duel an Khornate maybe take back just his head
And he said it didn't matter he was after Kharn the Red
(After Kharn the Red)

Wasn't long before the story was relayed to Kharn the Red
But the Khornate didn't worry men that tried before were dead
Twenty men had tried to take him twenty men had made a slip
Twenty one would be the Templar with the black iron on his hip
(Black iron on his hip)

The morning passed so quickly it was time for them to meet
It was twenty past eleven when they walked out in the street
Folks were watching from the windows every-body held their breath
They knew this handsome Templar was about to meet his death
(About to meet his death)

There was forty feet between them when they stopped to make their play
And the swiftness of the Templar is still talked about today
Kharn the Red had not cleared leather fore a sword slash fairly ripped
And the Templar’s aim was deadly with the black iron on his hip
(Black iron on his hip)

It was over in a moment and the folks had gathered round
There before them lay the body of the Khornate on the ground
Oh he might have went on living but he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Templar with the black iron on his hip
Black iron on his hip)(

Black iron, Black iron

When he tried to match the Temlar with the black iron on his hip

Black iron on his hip

The MoS doesn't need any gear outside of AA.
He doesn't want to get close to combat ever so a few PSword attacks wont help swing the combat enough, and the 5++ wont matter as he will be in the squad. Melta Bomb means the squad was charged by a Dread, or charged a Tank, which means his squad has failed at its duty of killing regular joes.

Awesome Quad Mortars

I have never been a fan of Combi-Volkite. I'd drop to save the points honestly. 2 Rhinos would serve the squads really well too, as you have little means to transverse the battlefield. Also, I'd drop the AA on the Vet Serg, while cool, lacking a Power Weapon means he's not meant for CC at all.

I have yet to use the Deredeo with the Lascannon. I just run the normal Autocannons and love it.

Is the Aegis Defense Line really needed anymore? I mean, Kyr buffs it, but I'd rather have 2 Rhinos for Vets instead. Especially as the Havoks will already be in cover anyways, and I'd be more worried about mass firepower directed their way than a Lascannon.

How should I kit my Rhinos, out if at all?

And where do I send Kyr? I feel like his potential is a bit wasted if he's in my deployment zone just sitting around.

Getting back into warhammer. Starting an iron hands force from scratch, aiming for models to work between both 30k and 40k.

Any opinions on armor mks?

I ordered mk3 and 4 marines from the box sets. Iron Hands were my favorites back in 4th edition, and iron hands still makes mk4 armor so it's not out of place in 40k.

Plan is that these 10 mk3 and mk4 marines will provide the base for my tac squads. Going to be rhino squads.

Plan right now is that for extra marines I'm going to get a tac marine box and harvest the weapons and the non-mk7 torsos and heads (It seems like a lot of them are using mk6 torsos, only a few have aquilas?). Going to use the mk7 arms and legs as a base and some of the mk6 torsos. Going to also get some CSM torsos and heads, and some of the iron hands mk3 resin torsos and heads, and use all these various combinations as mk5 armor to fill out tactical squads with. I saw a guide for turning Mk7 legs and shoulders and such into Mk5 armor with some greenstuff and a knife, then adding PVA glue for studs.

My vet squads will have some resin mk2 armors, and a few full prototype mk6 suits from the tac squad box parts. Also going to use mk2 as artificer armor for all my sergeants. Mk5 is only going to be used for battle brothers in my tac and tac support squads. Since I'm turning the 2 squads into 40k squads first, that leaves me with 14 regular bolter marines. So I'd need to build 2 mk5 suits per squad, then a mk2 suit with combi plasma for the sergeants. In my 40k lists any Mk5 marines would be replaced by Mk7 marines if I need the extras.

Shields, Deepstrike and Paragon Blades.

This was beautiful.

What does tg think of theses little XVIII legion marines ?
Also post your best rank and file marine

Love the red

The red stripe on the right makes me think of Raphael.
>Teenage Mutant Tactical Turtles
>Teenage Mutant Tactical Turtles
>Legionaries in mk3, flamer power

Don't worry about armour autism so long as you don't field a mk7 "heresy" army. Mk2-4 are most common and all work for IH, even mixes.