MTG March 12th banlist predictions, anyone?

MTG March 12th banlist predictions, anyone?

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/revisiting-standard-rotation-2016-10-19
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Man every day with this thread and this card for ants

Dovin is busted

I'd like just because his last name is baan

quality thread content every time, too

Can we start calling it the baan-list?

>just found out that SOI rotates with BFZ when Ahmonket comes out
What the fuck, why? We have boring for zendikar for 2 fucking years and Shadows for only one?

Hahahahaha

2017: year of gideon baby

again

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/revisiting-standard-rotation-2016-10-19

They rotate with the release of the block after Amonkhet. BFZ is in for about 24 months, and SOI is in for about 18 months.

Standard:
Gideon, Ally of Zendikar is banned
Reflector Mage is no longer banned

Modern:
Jace, the Mind Sculptor is no longer banned

Legacy:
True-Name Nemesis is banned
Mind Twist is unbanned
Earthcraft is unbanned

Vintage:
No Changes

>Gideon ban

Yes please

>Reflector Mage unban

For sure

>JtMS unban

Yes please

>TNN ban

Why?

>Mind Twist and Earthcraft unbanned

Wouldn't really make an impact at all, so I don't see why not.

>gideon ban when he rotates in a month.

Excepr he's not.

Friendly reminder that anyone claiming there will be an unban of Jace, Stoneforge, or BBE is 100% guaranteed to be wrong.

I doubt they will unban Reflector mage, as I think part of the reason they banned him his there is a man-of-war variant in Amonkhet and they don't want two of those in standard together.

What do I want? or what do I expect? Because I predict no changes in any format

>Jace, the Mind Sculptor is no longer banned

And miss a perfect opportunity to reprint him in MM?

I wouldn't hold your breath. If they were going to do it they would have done it in January so the price could sky rocket before MM3.

Modern's going to lose chalice, spirit guide, or through the breach.

I'm guessing through the breach since it's been absent from every mm

I'd love to see blood braid unbanned but I think it's staying away for a little longer.

if bbe ever gets unbanned i dont want to see the cards they think can compete with it

Just unban stoneforge mystic already please.

Gotta make those standard players happy so they keep buying into the format.

SSG is by and far the biggest offender on that list. Chalice and TTB lose a lot of their power without fast mana and SSG is one of the last remaining fast mana sources in modern

lol

>legacy
>changes
no

No deck besides R/W which is a meme accelerates Chalice out with SSG, and Ad Nauseam and Living End aren't exactly dominating the format, forcing a ban.

>R/W a meme
>Made top 8 of a GP with almost no day 1 representation

Sure buddy, sure.

Also, Grishoalbrand is a thing

>R/W a meme

R/W is a very real deck. If you wanna talk memes, Modern Hardened Scales and Cheeri0s certainly fit that bill.

can't ban reflector mage or cat deck is unstoppable

Gideon is the most reasonable ban of all time.

GIVE ME FRANTIC SEARCH

>Made top 8 of a GP with almost no day 1 representation
This is the exact definition of meme, he got the matchup lottery right and no sane person plays the deck.

Not really.

No. A meme is a deck that is a fad for a brief period of time but then dies out because it's shit in practice. Examples of this are Jeskai Nahiri, Black Eldrazi, and Cheeri0s.

You just described R/W/Sun and Moon.

Not even comparable.

A. Sun and Moon was never anywhere near as popular as Jeskai Nahiri, Black Eldrazi, or Cheeri0s were.

B. Sun and Moon top 8ed a GP, while none of the 3 afformentioned meme decks have ever done that.

Results beg to differ.

R/W is literally the opposite of a meme deck. A meme deck is a deck that's way MORE popular than it should be, given the deck's actual power level, like the afformentioned Jeskai Nahiri, Black Eldrazi, and Cheeri0s. R/W is a deck that's way LESS popular than it should be.

Jeskai Nahiri did you foolish cuck

Jeskai Nahiri is not a meme. What happened with Jeskai Nahiri was that it happens to be really good in very specific metagames. A better comparison for Jeskai Nahiri would be Skred and Bant Spirits.

Jeskai Nahiri is a niche deck, not a meme deck. Much like Skred and BTLShift.

Meme decks include: Cheeri0s, Black Eldrazi, UB Mill, Ballista Scales, and literally every dumb Johnny deck revolving around the Expertise cards.

Cheeri0s is legit good though...

Cheerios is just as shitty as Expertise memes. Deck is just a big glass cannon.