/ccg/ MtG Custom Card Thread /cct/

Nongreen Manafixing Edition

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Art sources.
digital-art-gallery.com/
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

White doesn't get counters.

I'll give you a survival bump but I suspect these threads as a concept are dead. Too much selfish posting and not enough quality participation. And little actual discussion.

Maybe we should just have weekend threads? I'd post a card but I'm on my phone.

>White doesn't get counters
White gets tax effects. That's a tax effect, therefore, white

Made this a while ago after seeing the trailer for Skull Island. Reading about how Kong is worshiped as a god struck me as very Naya, which lead me to this. No idea on balance, I'm never quite sure about huge bombs.

When's the last time White's had this kind of effect? Anyway, seems fine to me.

R? For RR? And a sorcery? Huh?

Seems pretty cool. Name and art don't seem very fitting though, they strike me as belonging to creature removal.

Nice. I like how you use W for the Flashback cost.

You might be right, sadly. But if these threads survive, even just on a weekly basis, I'll be happy.

Rolled 2 (1d6)

I think you can safely bring this down to 3+Naya. 4+Naya at most. Or you could just make it double Naya. I'd probably go with that.

None of those posters, but I agree with pretty much all your comment on their cards.

And I'm sad to see the threads dying/dead, I used to post often but don't have very much time these days. I pop in when I can and throw one or two cards/criticism then I'm gone. Hopefully y'all can revitalize it.

Rolling to see how many of my cards I post

She's not flashy, she's not super OP. But she sure is neat. Capitalizing on red's act of treason effects and blue's typically longer lasting enchantment effects, as well as "exchange control" effects to keep your thing and take theirs.

I suppose for my 2nd card I'll continue the "huh.. what?" theme of replacement effects. I've posted this one before in these threads but its been a while.

I'd limit it to searching Plains myself, but other than that, not bad. It's actually a pretty strong turn 2 play if you go second.

Can easily be instant speed.

Needs a name change, but other than that, mechanic is sound. I wish they'd do more with Gold tokens.

I'm on the fence about this as a designer. I want to say it's fine because white taxes, and it can prevent spellcasts with silence effects, but straight counters seem a bit much. Maybe an exile effect instead? Could also keep the tax effect.

I agree with the keywords here, but does the effect fit Skull Island Kong? I've seen the trailers and know those creepy bone-faced predator things exist in the depths of the island, so is this meant to reflect those?

I think you can just do "You can't lose control of permanents." Apt UR effect. I feel like WotC doesn't explore the "theft" aspects of UR enough. I can't comment on the cost here though; it's an odd effect. She doesn't do anything on her own though, so it's probably fine.

You posted her last thread, no? She seems a bit too expensive to me. You could probably make her a 4/5 at least. Other than that, getting three combats on every one of your turns is pretty awesome.

Not sure if this card works like I want it to, but eh, I'm a bit tired and mostly just bumping the thread.

... so tired in fact that I forgot to post the card. Awesome.

>turn two play
.... aaand I meant turn three, and I'm going to bed before I make any more flagrantly retarded mistakes. Good luck, thread.

Really needs one more mana on casting and flashback; maybe two more on the flashback. Flashback is really secretly a form of "draw a card which just happens to be this specific card." See also Fervent Denial, Dismiss, Cryptic Command, Exclude, Scatter Arc, and a cycled Complicate, for a good spread of spells around this power level.

Great build-around card maybe for some weird EDH deck, but you'd have to warp a set significantly to make her relevant in Limited/Standard.

Don't replace the main phase outright. Use an optional skip that *adds* a combat step.

"If you would begin a main phase, you may skip that phase instead. If you do, you get an additonal combat phase after that main phase."

Looks awesome, but most blocks are 1v1. That ability is rarely going to be relevant unless you warp your set just to make it awesome, at which point it's probably not really MtG anymore.

Would this be better in Green, or be 1 W/G for a 0/1 with the same ability?

Broken-ass card, especially in Grixis. Especially when paired with literally anything with Overload (Electrickery, for example, would be a board-wipe with Overload).

Colorless Manafixing!

On mobile, so I'll just post it as text.

Wayfinder's Orb : 2
Artifact

You may pay 1 G/R instead of paying Wayfinder's Orb's casting cost. If you do, put a mastery counter on it.

T, Sacrifice Wayfinder's Orb: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If Wayfinder's Orb has a mastery counter on it, you may put it onto the battlefield instead.

So, this is a repeatable Evolving Wilds that repeats every other turn, but you need mana to activate it? Seems powerful.

Yeah. I'm thinking about bumping the mana cost on the activation thought. Maybe to 3 or 2. It's supposed to be a common or at least an uncommon.

It's basically a rename of Thawing Glaciers which is banned in Ice Age Block. Make of that what you will.

Yeah, but it's actually a fixed version since the self bouncing happens as a cost, not on the cleanup step.

You might want to reread Overload.

Grifter again. Wondering if the W ability should just prevent 2 damage, or if that would be too weak considering the cost.

>Kong
Eh, idea was to reflect the "King" part, with a sort of rulership over subjects, but I get your point. The other idea I had was a cost reduction for creature spells. Another was that you could sac a land to pump him and give him FStrike, but it could only be used once each turn. Idea for that was based on the final shot of the trailer, where he picks up a tree and uses it as a club.

Seems interesting. Though I admit that I'm not entirely sure how it works. I mean, I guess it would basically just break down into dealing damage equal to its toughness to X creatures blocking/blocked by it, where X is its power, kinda sorta like TrampleTouch.

Considering the other feedback I got, I'll have to change the mechanics first, then the cost. Thanks for the feedback though.

I think you could just reduce this to
>Other players can't gain control of permanents you control.
Though I admit I could be wrong. I'd have to ask judges about how Guardian Beast works with Metallic Mastery.

I agree with 's wording.

I think the wording should be
>Whenever another permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, destroy that permanent.
Also, your card reminds me a bit of this one I made.

Seems cool. But common? Thawing Glaciers is always rare.

>Whenever ~ or a nonbasic land enters the battlefield, put a space counter on ~.
>At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a space counter from ~. If you can't, sacrifice it.
>If a nonbasic land is tapped for mana, it produces C instead of any other type.
Wording for last ability lifted from Infernal Darkness. Card seems cool on the whole, like a more balanced Blood Moon. Could be wrong though.

Not really. If you can play more than one land a turn, bouncing as a cost is much more broken.

Yeah, I realized that it can't be a common unless that I nerf it into oblivion. Also, I want it to be a "nĂ¼ Thawing Glacier", so here's the new version.

Untapping a permanent like the Glacier is way easier than play more than one land a turn. The old Glacier is way more abusable.

Ambassador to Afar
Creature - Adviser
3W
As long as ~'s power is 0 or less, creatures can't attack.
As long as ~'s power is 4 or higher, creatures have haste and "This creature attacks each turn if able".
2/3

Sorry for the mtgcardsmith but wanted to knock this one out fast. Undercosted maybe? Was bummed that there isn't an unholy hybrid of Clone and Dramatic Entrance in the game yet so I made one.