JumpChain CYOA Thread #1379 : Jumpmaker Appreciation Thread Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xpk2qt_g243-grief_shortfilms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Previous Thread

Whats there to do in Bayonetta?

Damn it OP. . .

Obtain waifus

Get raped? According to the shitposter, at least.

>Get raped?
wat

Something something "in Bayonetta"

Well, there is a bar. You could get drunk.

>insert whining about insufficient powerlevels here.

Just that, basically. And then 'Bay could rape a jumper' got brought up somehow.

Last time I jumped Bayonetta, I completely blew off the actual plot in favor of becoming a hotshot detective having a bunch of random adventures that usually ended in fighting demons and angels. Sometimes both at once.

This was the same chain where the Jumper got erased from existence after having an unwinnable scenario dropped on them, so I'm going to guess my fake Brooklyn accent during said jump angered the benefactor.

I met Bayonetta all of once during that entire jaunt. She made a coy remark about popsicle stands and then strut in the opposite direction.

She seemed nice.

Crysis
Mortal Instruments
Mortal Engines
His Dark Materials
Leviathan Series

Guess I'm probably the only one here that even knows about the Leviathan series.

>Bay could rape a jumper
That's a bad thing?

That reaction was had.

Speaking of that though, what's a good way to woo her?

Well, he did rape the Transformers franchise, and TMNT.
If he can do that, he can probably rape a Jumper.

>Explosions and fellation of the US military
But user, I already constantly make things explode and am a member of the US military. Any movie Bay makes would be an accurate representation.

Be good at flirting and better at fighting.

How would I go about turning the Golden Stud from Chrono Trigger into a ring or something ans still having it function? Earrings aren't really my style.

Just put it in the charm pouch from Evermore and forget about accessorizing.

I recommend not wearing it on your ear, then.

Other than the ones in Overwatch and Harry Potter are there any good perks giving lazy jumpers a strong work ethic?

attitude in power rangers

Yeah, probably, but fuck if I'm going to look them up.

This .

Or just rework it into your ring's setting. I think Red said Armor Reshaping works on non-armor clothing? If it works on jewelry, that'd make it easier, and it's only 50 CP. If it doesn't... well, it shouldn't be that hard anyway.

Diligence from Persona.

Is it magic? You could probably use that one Crucible from Journey to the West to rip its enchantments out and put them somewhere else. If it's fiat, take Weapon Synthesis from Dark Cloud or Self-Made Shopkeeper from Recettear to pass over 1-2 traits from one item to another.

What, knowing that mystical knowledge makes you the master of the universe and scientific knowledge does the same by proxy isn't enough for you?

Not The World I Live In (+400):
“Yes… Yes, I can see now… I can see the future of this world. A world ruled by the Horde. MY Horde. We are the Orcish Horde, the True Horde. We die, bloody and thrashing on the field of battle, like true orcs SHOULD.
The True Horde WILL come to pass. I have SEEN it. IT HAS SHOWN ME. I HAVE SEEN MOUNTAINS OF SKULLS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD. AND I WILL… HAVE… MY… WORLD!
THERE IS NO PLACE FOR YOU IN MY WORLD!”
Garrosh, you fool. And Thrall all the worse for failing to teach the right lessons… This is not a normal Azeroth you arrive in, friend. With the strength of his will and ego giving Garrosh control over the dark powers bequeathed by the Heart of the Old God Y’shaarj, the True Horde finds itself in an odd state of balance with the powers of the Void - a balance they exploited for every last inch of blood-soaked ground. Azeroth belongs to the orcs now, with many of it’s original inhabitants slaughtered or enslaved by Garrosh’ mad bid to conquer. Azeroth’s skies now permanently weep with the blood of the fallen - for even as the Legion makes it’s bids to conquer the world and destroy it, the Horde pushes them back time and time again and tightens their grip.
With even the weak and bestial races - murloc, gnoll, quilboar, kobold, and countless others - mutated and twisted into a subservient ‘Mongrel Horde’ to aid the orcish expansion, Azeroth’s future is all but finished. The only hope it has now is that everything Garrosh has built may be burned to the ground, such that whatever distant beings long into another era may grow and build their own lives - without the tyranny of the orcs.
Rise up.

Not quite a part of the drawback section and something I SHOULD ABSOLUTELY BE WORKING ON LAST AFTER THE MAIN BULK OF THE JUMP IS DONE, but have another teaser.

... Cuz the last two teasers got noticed...

... fuggit I'll just get back to work. Ya'll have a good night.

I think Genius of Hard Work from Naruto does that.

>spoiler
I don't normally condone for violence, but Garrosh can go fuck himself with a rusty rake.

I'm... not sure if jewelry counts that far.

>Garrosh
That orc deserves a kick to the nuts
One kick to the nuts for every life his father, whom he comes to idolize, took.

I don't need sleep apparently.

Technically, you could just shift the enchantment wholesale using Dungeons and Dragons magic. Take a drink. It usually required a ritual, but it was a short one and relatively cheap. The only downside was that you have to shift the entire enchantment in one go. No splitting it up into parts of anything. Which works great for your purpose.

Oh, man... You're really tempting me to take this after hitting up Warhammer 40k to just continue purging greenskins from the multiverse. Warhammer 40k tech vs World of Warcraft magic sounds like a battle too good to pass up.

And besides, it's WoW, so there's not much of value lost anyways.

>ou're really tempting me to take this after hitting up Warhammer 40k to just continue purging greenskins from the multiverse. Warhammer 40k tech vs World of Warcraft magic sounds like a battle too good to pass up.
>Not grabbing Orks in Fantasy or LoT and unleashing them on Azeroth
>Not watching Ork fight Orc and placing bets on the result with anyone willing to make bets with you.

That's assuming that magic systems (and magical enchantments) are interchangeable.

So...how badly do I fuck up the plot of Naruto if I accidentally cause Sasuke to get the Mango eyes in the Wave arc? And Itachi kinda gets his shit pushed in at Tanzaku Gai, gets sent back to Konoha, and gets pardoned and healed by Tsunade after she learns the truth of the massacre? And ROOT is subsequently forcibly disbanded in a massive operation?

Pretty sure you just fucked up the plot to an incredible degree.

You've fucked it irrevocably. Which might actually be a good thing in some ways. There's no way of knowing how it'll go from there, but I wouldn't assume that it would be that easy to "disband" Root.

It would probably be made immensely easier by shooting Danzo in the face from a mile away with a .50 BMG.

Yeah but then a whole lot of deep cover autists suddenly have no direction. It would be a total fuckfest.

I'm not saying it won't take some effort on your part, but it's the only starting point I could think of that wasn't already mentioned.

You... I like you. Your proposal pleases me deeply.

Of course, that whole idea would revolve around me not shooting a Greenskin on sight by pure instinct.

Those work, thanks.

Pretty sure he could dodge that pretty easily, if not just shrug it off. Dude kept up with middle of Part 2 Sasuke.

Even if it does hit and somehow kill him, he'd just Izanagi it.

Well, I might have exploded his head a time or ten. Psychic powers do help sometimes. He only had so many eyes to use for extra lives, after all.

So instead you stop time, rip all of Danzo's knowledge from his mind, lobotomize him, turn him into a flesh golem with all of the memories and personality of the original but with absolute loyalty to you, and have him slowly disband ROOT and give them help reintegrating with society.

1. Dodging is incredibly unlikely because Naruto ninjas need to actively channel chakra to get up to that speed and he would need to see it comin. And seeing as it's a small piece of metal flying at him from a mile away fast enough to outrun it's own sonic boom, meaning it explodes his head before the sound has a chance to reach him, that I'd also incredibly unlikely. Maybe, /MAYBE/, one of his ROOT agents would see the bullet flying at him and intercept it, but it's basically impossible that he would.

2. He most certainly will not activate Izanagi after his brain has been turned into ninja jello and plastered across the street.

...Steal them?

There's just something so satisfying about blowing his head up multiple times, though. It's almost therapeutic.

>continue purging greenskins from the multiverse.
ORKS DID NOTH'N WRONG! GO AN’ STAY GO!

One more for the list.

Don't worry. I'll send my very best Guardsmen.

There's one perk in Mushoku Tensei that makes training and pushing your body to your limits actually enjoyable for you.

64. The Sims 3
Skills: Green Thumb, Charismatic, Virtuoso
Special Abilities: Always Hiring, Steel Bladder, Irresistable, Seduction Master, Basement Dweller, Pooled Resources
Drawbacks: Error 12

Adjusting to worlds not founded on imminent violence is always a challenge, for both me and my companions, but you pick up little tricks along the way. Oto needs to be kept away from bars and given a team to lead. Sports usually works, but so does running an office, as she's fond of corporate warfare. Suke just needs structure and consistency, and a boat to work on if at all possible. Isolation can help a bit too. Jessica needs a long-term project and a gym membership. She tends to find both of them in men before she gets bored and restless. If you keep cycling her through losers and muscleheads it can easily last ten years. Hana is something of an opportunistic merchant, so I get her a job that involves flying around the country selling stuff and she watches out for herself just fine. Zeke requires a lot of chaos to function, and the problem is keeping it contained around him. Relationships must end catastrophically or beautifully. Every fire must be watched, rain must be danced in. He's a drama queen and he'll make problems if they don't come to him quickly enough. Chesnaught and Somni can't functionally be separated from combat, being warrior animals, but they do share a commiseration over it. They also love to use their talents to put on shows for the neighbor kids. I mostly use them to help with managing everyone else when they aren't choreographing a fight with werewolves.

But we all share the Dojo in the mountain when we find ourselves to inclined to violence to function. It's like punching a pillow, except they all end up bruised and smiling.

So I'm looking at the Scroll of Thoth in Gargoyles and I barely remember anything about the show. How powerful are memebers of the Third Race? What can they do? Once you become an Avatar of one of them, do you need to keep the Scroll on you to remain so or is it more like a ritual that permanently give you their power?

I forgot about Deacon, who blends in everywhere and is, in base Deacon form, a very politically active man. He has never experienced a world where people can just settle down and not have to fight to survive. But he's also the guy talking most of my companions down when I'm not around. He's used to keeping situations under control, and I'm very grateful for that.

dailymotion.com/video/xpk2qt_g243-grief_shortfilms

>How powerful are memebers of the Third Race? What can they do?
Varies heavily and usually follows a theme. Some are tricksters that specialize in making weird shit happen like converting all of Manhattan into Gargoyles, memories and all. Banshee can scream really loud. Anubis can move around life energy, but apparently can't bring people back. Odin is befitting of his legend. They are all immortal, though.

>Once you become an Avatar of one of them, do you need to keep the Scroll on you to remain so or is it more like a ritual that permanently give you their power?

It's a one and done thing, but they can be stolen if someone else has the scroll. Also, it's apparently mind affecting in the way you understand your power.

Does the Phoenix Gate allow you to travel back before you arrived in the jump, or just to that point? I know about the "no changing" clause, but wouldn't going further back technically be changing things just by virtue of you being there?

Drink.
Gatecrash the borders of Paradiso and beat up errant angels.
Jump through a portal to enter Muspellheim, which is basically Valhalla for angels and demons but rebranded and more on fire.
Pose seductively on fast moving vehicles.
Perform unethical experiments to absorb human energy for enhancing supernatural powers.
Explore the ancient Umbra/Lumen civilisations through one of the many time portals which open up absolutely everywhere for various reasons
Decide the fate of the universes by fighting the heavens above (the demons haven't seem to have come up with any world domination plans in 2 games because they're too busy fighting each other)
Find a rival to have sick pose battles with

Stop her mom from getting killed by an asshole time travelling chaos god called Loptr, and save her dad from having to sacrifice himself to seal Loptr's soul from doing more time shenanigans.

I mean, to be fair?

I've seen worse takes on the Transformers. Nothing, NOTHING is ever going to top Kiss Players.

It is pretty funny Megatron becomes increasingly heroic with every film, though.

Did the old Andromeda WiP ever go anywhere?

And if not does anyone have a copy of it?

An interesting logical conundrum. The basic idea is that you can't alter the timeline, so if you went back you already went back and if you didn't you didn't. But your existence alters the timeline anyway.

I've basically settled on you not being able to change anything so that the starting conditions of the jump changed. The plot is always how it would be when you got there. Feel free to go back and start a bank account 80 years ago, or peak at what happened during a specific time. All attempts to save someone's mom will probably fail, though.

Wow, that's bretty good. Thanks, mate.

That drawback reminds me of the old Warcraft III Custom Map "Glory of the Horde" which is based around a "What if" the Horde had won the Second War.

Hey, are both GBEs that you can get in BLAME! pistol-shaped?

Far as I know, yes except for the one built into your suit.

>Warcraft 3 custom map

I really liked that tower defence secret level.

>tfw suddenly dozens of pandas and you have to ice/burn/electrocute/magicsplode them all to death

There are three GBEs; one is Killy's pistol shaped WMD, the next is also a pistol (the multiple fire modes gun of another character with a weak GBE added to it), and finally one that is built into a suit which looks like pic related.

Got it, thanks!

If you don't care about CP fiat, grab a particle shotgun. It's a very niche weapon that pierces structure "rivaling Megastructure", but it's a shotgun that has a range of a rocket launcher and the spread of a shotgun.

How different are the forms of Ki, Chi, Qi, and other variants between jumps? Between levels of potency, potential uses, and shit like that.

People don`t seem to realize that Ki, Chi, and Qi are all synonyms for the same thing, just that one is romanized Japanese and two are romanized Chinese.

well I understand but what I'm ASKING is due to different jumps having different words for it, is there any DIFFERENCE between how different worlds handle such things?

Like, is there a difference between Dragon Ball's Chi and Street Fighter's Ki and ad nauseum for other setting's bullshit. At least answer the question if you're going to nitpick my use of words.

65. Disney Princess
Location: Forest Kingdom, Hero: Robin Hood, Villain: Shan Yu, Support: Chien-Po
Perks: Sing A Little Song, Minion Song, Sidekick Song, "I Am" Song, Duet, Secret Message, Très Belle, Healing Tears
Items: Formal Wear, Amulet
Drawbacks: Outside Tech Discouragement Policy

Okay, furry King Richard versus the Mongol Hordes. How is this happening? Have the Mongols traveled through time to fight in the Crusades? Did they conquer Southern Europe and decide to take over England? Are there more nefarious forces at work here? I mean, yeah, probably the last one. I'm pretty nefarious and Jumpchan doesn't exactly care about morality. And we don't even have any mountains to drop on them, sadly. Just about 800 years of technological innovation, a navy, and a jumper.

I think that would have been enough, had the Mongols any sense of honorable combat. They pretty much immediately go for the exact opposite whenever possible. This wasn't really a problem until the throne room was suddenly full of jaundiced soldiers during dinner one night, and I had to fight our way out. I'm not exceptionally durable, and could reasonably fall to enough arrows or swords. And my companions have only the perk that let them sense ki from Dragon Ball and whatever otherwise useful stuff I could hand them, so this was pretty bad for them. Until we totally blew any attempt at cover, anyway. That had repercussions.

The king's nephew was convicted of witchcraft, we were at war with an ancient Mongolian army, and taxes were much, much too high. England kind of sucked about now. At least I had a nice giant asian guy to chill with, who really appreciated my cooking.

Hey guys. I just finished a kinda big update to the Thundercats jump and I wanted to get an opinion on weather I should post it now, or wait till tomorrow night since I have to sleep soon.

post it when you can be around to reply to comments on it Of course

It`s the same as how magic is different in a JRPG versus magic in Harry Potter. Chi, Ki, Qi and all that are all essentially magic.

It`s pretty illogical to assume that every single fictional universe made by different authors is going to utilize a fictional concept the same way, isn't it?

There's nothing stopping you from posting the same jump in several threads is there. If you want to post it just post it and stop waffling about it.

There's a huge practical difference in some places, for example between the effects of D&D Monks (not as good as being able to use actual magic or psionics) and Dragon Ball (pretty great).

For example in Dragon Ball, "ki is made up of multiple components, including: Genki (元気; lit. "Energy"), Yūki (勇気; lit. "Courage") and Shōki (正気; lit. "Mind"). Also, ki can be "positive" or "negative", depending on the user." - according to the wiki.

Whereas in Street Fighter, ki has a "temperature" depending on the personality and motivations of the user.

And then in Wuxia ki presumably takes on a more traditional Chinese meaning.

The only way you can compare them is to work out the feats of different users and try and work out how much training they've had. But my money's on Dragon Ball or generic xianxia for best potency at least. Not real familiar with that genre.

I'll go with wait.

>traditional Chinese meaning.
The traditional Chinese meaning is a medical term that refers to circulation. It's the same term used in Japanese, just that Japanese have adapted better to a Western view on medicine.

Xianxia is the strongest as far as qi gets, because Xianxia is a genre focused on taking human potential to the point of omnipotence. It's the whole reason why it's considered a Mary Sue genre in the first place.

Is there any way for a jumper to beat Zen Oh pre spark?

When in doubt, Hero BBS or Xianxia.

Other than the item from the NWN jump is it possible to gain access to spells exclusive to domains you didn't take as a cleric?

If you're just looking for Cleric spells, it's going to sound like a broken record, but Hero BBS.

There's a spell that gives you temporary access to another domain (I think instead of your own). Can't remember the limitations though. Might be in the Spell Compendium?

It's funny that Hero BBS jump discussion no longer resembles the series in any way anymore.

It is sad isn't it; why can't jumpers be satisfied with adventures, interdimensional shitposting, and waifus?

Nah brah, gotta get that limitless magic systems and god swords.

But Kamidachi a shit! The other deredachi are great but that one a shit, just get Sting like a normal jumper.

Honestly? Who cares. They're having fun. I wish there was more discussion about hero bbs beyond that but you know what? I'd rather read powerwanking over it than to read this fucking fun hating dribble.

/jc/ is full of folks who will never be content with anything and will always find something to complain about, even if what they're complaining about is nonsensical and pointless

Bonus Domain. It's an Epic feat.

There really isn't a good answer to this, because at the moment there's no clear way to assess Zeno's strength beyond the characteristic dragonball variations of "His powerlevel is MAXIMUM!" which may or may not hold true for the foreseeable future. We know with a little focus he can blow up a universe possesed by a mad god who may or may not have been mostly super dragon ball-immortal at that point, but he's not the kind of character who exists to fight things.

Your best bet is to call on something like the Giga Slave and hope the Lord of Nightmares doesn't decide to become his friend instead, or use another super buff summoning system like Nanoha's to get in contact with a similar being like Lucifer Morningstar or SMT's YHVH.

And if it has to be said, doing this is a very, very, very, very, very, very VERY difficult and stupid idea that I can only imagine in both cosmic beings beating up Jumper if the given reason for calling them up was "I want you to beat up that football-headed kid because I don't like his face".

The most powerful Xianxia I know of caps roughly at universe creation with extremely difficulty.

Considering Beerus can blow up a universe at full power and there are multiple people stronger than him before Zeno, I somehow doubt anything from it can even touch him.

Why do people talk about it like it's the dragonball of magic systems? I'm genuinely asking here as someone who's never read the series. As far as I know there's one spell by one guy who can affect people in other universes with his spells and the higher tier magicians can go toe to toe with gods I've never heard described in much detail; impressive, but not terribly unique.

Well, that and apparently the jump now has a waifu sword with an overpowered OC ability because the jumpmaker's fatfuck neckbeard of a friend whined it in?

>The most powerful Xianxia I know of caps roughly at universe creation with extremely difficulty.

Which one is that?

Apparently Hero BBS lets you design any magic system you want with no limits. Just take a system you like that already exists, remove the flaws and there you go.

Coiling Dragon. They're not even very strong universes; apparently reality's wobbly and full of holes there.

And again-yes, I am aware it's an SB exclusive. I'm just using it as a guesstimated upper bound for the generic one.

How many Xianxia have you actually read? The idea of continually going up tiers of reality and breaking them apart isn't that uncommon. If you're going to try and wank Dragon Ball, it's pretty low on the scale. Pretty sure Beerus doesn't hold a candle to Nehas Flail users.

...if you're being cynical, okay. I understand the feeling.

If there's an actual citation for that in the jump, I'd like to see it because I would otherwise assume DIY magic systems in it would be roughly on par with canonical ones. Which, given there NEEDS to be a hero association in the first place, I had assumed weren't instant fixes for everything forever.

Coiling Dragon is on the middle scale of Xianxia at best user. Try some of the Xianxia where everyone starts off as a high tier deity and realize they're still at the bottom of the food chain.

BBS has some characters at the top end of Isekai, they are capable of absurd magic and curb stomping world creating gods. This is due to the setting being basically diet Jumpchain with these characters as the late chain guys, indistinguishable from total bullshit.

Some jumpers ignore the sheer amount of time required to reach this level of power, forgetting that by the time they are able to reach that level they will be actual late chain jumpers themselves. Some of them cite growth/training perks but since this is Isekai that kind of "cheat" is already factored into the long ass time frame.

Admittedly I'm no expert but I know enough at least those "tiers" of reality don't have people who can effortlessly swat someone like Beerus. As Zeno is the most powerful being in Dragonball at the moment you have to realise I'm having to compare those characters to all the other beings of power around.

Vague terminology, vague understanding of a setting, vague limitations all contribute to the Hero BBS fiasco. Slap interjump mechanics on top of that and there's basically no reason to even bother trying to argue against the design any magic system you want thing anymore.

When people were trying to determine Hero BBS's existing magic or more specifically trying to figure out what level 10 was, they went so overboard that eventually people just threw up their hands and went "whatever, multiverse magic done". Now we're past the phase of explanations and it's just people utilizing what they see fits.

So...a better version of Bleach?