$25,000 get!
New LaTeX version!
More new characters for the tournament.
More interview with Jimmy & Claymore
Whether filipinos are the mexicans of the east or the niggers of the east

The KS link & Opaque's website
kickstarter.com/project
songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9Gv

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wi

We also have a Discord now, at discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
And a Rediit: reddit.com/r/SongofSwor

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

Last Thread: The Legend throws commies out of helicopters.

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
songofswords.net/
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki
reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/
imgur.com/a/wRIgk
paste2.org/wdaMXN3e
paste2.org/dF17N7Cd
games.kids.yahoo.co.jp/sports/013.html
youtube.com/watch?v=X-p8-3_ldss
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you fucked up the OP again

Hey, it wasn't me this time, I'm not the only fuck-up around here.

What's wrong with it?

The links are all cut off.

When I copy/pasted last OP, I pasted it into libreoffice to edit, and for reason it won't paste the full links into. Fucking Ubuntu.

That's retarded. Let's post all the proper links.

kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
songofswords.net/

mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

Yeah, I guess with Libreoffice you have to specifically tell it that you're pasting a link.

Characters for the tournament so far

imgur.com/a/wRIgk

paste2.org/wdaMXN3e

paste2.org/dF17N7Cd

It's just your computer being weird. I went back a couple of threads, and I could copy it fine.

You running Ubuntu too?

Win10, LO version 5.1.6.2 x64. Might be a bug in Ubuntu LO.

Thanks for the link! What'd he make it for?

I figured it out, I have to right click and select "paste special" instead of just Ctrl+V. Fucking Ubuntu.

1. Stop using Ubuntu and use a real distro like Debian or something
2. Stop using Libreoffice and use something like kate for people more familiar with graphic editors

The Roll20 link is also incomplete.

WAIT WHAT WE KICKSTARTER NOW? WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN

slowpoke.gif

KATE is not a Word replacement you goof.

The OP's out of date, we're actually at $26,000.

Can't recall, think it was some gonzo civil war thing, hence why I did the minie ball and revolver stats. I never heard much back from other than that the system worked in play.

>keeping OPs in order requires Word
Are you kidding me?

Well, since you were enough of a cunt to tell somebody to change their OS, it was totally reasonable to assume you were meaning that they should dump LO entirely.

Hi, John Galt.

I got involuntarily switched to Ubuntu, I'm pretty shit at it, and I'm not really familiar with graphic editors, unless you count MSPaint.

ha ha ha ha

LO is kind of shit though anyway.
>enough of a cunt
user it was meant in actual good faith. Ubongo is shit.

kate is notepad++.
>MSPaint
No by graphic editor I mean "a text editor that has an actual interface instead of being run through terminal".

Jimmy is laffin
Add another Stretch Goal desu, make it tactics or something.

Whatever happened to Galt anyway?

He's smuggling guns from Mexico to Yugoslavian ultranationalists.

He's a house flipping vampire, he went down south to buy Mexican cartel victims' corpses to feed upon or something

He's on vacation, doesn't even know the kickstarter happened.

I miss not having to use WINE to open .exes

Ah, I see
bullshit

>LO is kind of shit though anyway.
Better than OOo.

>Ubongo is shit
>mfw the Linux distros I have lying around are Mint 17.1, Ubuntu 12.10 and 10.04, DSL 4.4.10, and Linspire 6.0.17
Ubuntu can't be the worst of those.

>better than OOo
But OOo is garbage. EVERYTHING is better than OOo.

>Ubuntu can't be the worst of those
...I mean...right but why not just use, again, a real distro like Debian?

What's wrong with Mint? I'm not the guy actually running Ubuntu, I just have a bunch of OSs lying about. Others I have about include Windows ME, Win98SE, OS/2 Warp 4, eComStation 2.1, Windows 3.11 + MS-DOS 6.22, OpenVMS 6.2, and OpenVMS 7

>Mint
Nothing really, it's a good beginner's distro
>3.11 Windows
What the fuck? Do you just archive ancient OSes?

Hey Jimmy, you catamite who is second in all things to Lucius Tiberius. Is there anyone on the planet in tattered realms who could be considered analogous in greatness to Cyprus I, King of the Four Corners of the World?

I like that Win3.11 is the one you're confused about, not fucking OS/2 or OpenVMS.

They're all old as shit, that's just the one that I saw first.

Hey, ECS2.1 is from 2011.

epic

Not vacation, it's definitely business.

Alright lads, news. I'll not be able to run the tourney tomorrow, but! I have the next 7 days off of work, so I'll be around to host Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Hopefully this doesn't screw anyone up, and maybe this will allow more people to make it.

>literal mail coat
BOY!

>quilted coat protects the groin, thighs, knees
>somehow isn't joint thrustable
Opaaaaaaaque

What the fuck joints are you going to thrust at, the ones between individual fibers?

Joint thrust is thrusting at the joints of armour, where there's a gap so you can move. Not where there's joints in the body, genius.

>joint thrust between individual fibres
get on my level, i joint thrust between individual atoms

the huge ass gap

thrusting at the gaps of armor, yeah, like this

Unless you think quilted coats are actually knee-length dresses?

fucking names

gotta agree. his dick and thighs are way open.

>a fan artist's depiction of in-game armor is what we should base rules off of

Please shut the fuck up.

>not answering the question

Please don't shut the fuck up and answer it. What do quilted coats look like that you can't thrust around them but you can thrust into a couter or gauntlet?

Okay faggot, if I recall Jimmy's explanation of joint thrust, it's that you are physically using the joint of armor to guide the thrust into the desired point. You can't do that with cloth, obviously, you fucking mongoloid.

Use Vim or Emacs and write things in LaTeX instead of Office replacements :^)

You are an angry person, who seems to blow a gasket when someone says something against your worldview. Of a game. Can you provide proof of Jimmy's explanation?

Like this I guess?

That design has a huge gap there though, so maybe it needs a Half Armor on Groin?

That's given it's an accurate depiction, though, which seems incorrect from the replies in the thread

Also
>no mention of the LaTeX Ballad PDF in the OP
Das ist ein Fehler, du Homofürst

My question, beyond why you think that makes sense, is why would you even want to do that? You joint thrust at half strength with +1 tn and two activation.

You literally do more damage just attempting a regular thrust against quilted. At best you can Good Form it with Thin Blade and have Accurate to only have to suffer the half strength.

You mistake annoyance for blowing a gasket. Did I use too many naughty words for you? My mistake, fuckboy. No, I cannot provide proof, because the conversation was over voice. Regardless, the logic is there. If you want that level of precision without a weak point, grapple like the homosexual you present yourself as.
>That's given it's an accurate depiction, though, which seems incorrect from the replies in the thread

It is not, though it's good art nonetheless.

>why would you even want to do that? You joint thrust at half strength with +1 tn and two activation.
well it doesn't say this in joint thrust, but if you half-sword, you do it at full strength and you don't get the +1 tn because you get thin blade
so it does cost 2 activation but you would ignore 3 armor

Half-Sword joint thrusts are full STR, making a katana better at piercing plate than an ahlspiess at times

You jump to calling people mongoloid and fuckboy at mere "annoyance"? You really are an angry person. Are you actually angry at yourself? It's okay, you're not alone, you can get help.

You seem to jump to pseudo-psychological analysis to deflect conversation away from your own failings. Could you tell me about your mother?

Not him, but you're acting like a mongoloid fuckboy right now.

>You jump to calling people mongoloid and fuckboy at mere "annoyance"?

he's #triggered

#tiggered
games.kids.yahoo.co.jp/sports/013.html

Guys, can we get back to shitting on operating systems and posting coffee art?

>skirt armors removed from game
You'd think a boyfucker would like those things

...and PWK.

>.yahoo.co.jp/

youtube.com/watch?v=X-p8-3_ldss

Is it that fucking pooh game

>He doesn't want to play the real version
What's the matter? Scared of little old me?

That isn't the real Gilgamesh, don't post a shitty faker

>The Joke
>Your Head
What else would it be?

I call myself a mongoloid and a fuckboy if I forget to carry the one.

Some people just aren't very touchy with regards to profanity, it's a culture thing.

well that's more like a normal gambeson and not a coat. if by coat we here mean, like, a COAT coat.

Well why don't you try find a better image fuccboi?

>boyfucker
coffee or jimmy?

think you are misunderstanding my meaning.

Maybe. Are you making some sort of technical joke?

No he's saying that's not a coat, that's just a gambeson, so it's not representative of what's being talked about
besides it looks like just fabric, or brigandine, not actual 10- or 20-layer quilt

>well, Jimmy's the one who fucks around with the rules.

this kinda coat

...I think it'd be easier to edit in things from Ballad into Song of Swords than the other way around, yeah.

Jimmy.

How much money do we need to give you in order for you to relinquish rest of your anime girl reaction face folder?

How much money for hunter's handbook and Magic Compendium to be sent as an alternative to the black and white copies for GM tier?

These are the answers we deserve, though you'll probably have more luck with the second if you ask on the Kickstarter page comments.

Felt like trying to redo this guy.

Very snazzy Coffee. That is some gloriously dense mail.

I didn't know you could do horses.

Once you find a good reference picture they are kinda easy.
gaps sink ships

Where the hell is buillion expensive?

I'm very sure that the only coat in the armor section that looks like that is the sharkskin one.

Never met a hussar or a brony then, I take it.

Jimmy, there are days old lore questions in Reddit, either you use it or not, but it's gonna die if you don't.

It's dead anyway, it has only barely surpassed the number of subscribers that's on the Opaque subreddit that they haven't used in years.

Joint Thrust is a broken maneuver anyway, poorly designed.

Look at that Horsie.

Many maneuvers are, like hook and disarm.

Carlos!