Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Girls play all sorts of armies, who knew? edition

Old >girl >Dank Daily Duncan is dead and you fuckers killed him. Those of you who actually want his videos, go here youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7s-26V0v6SepDFiznb3y6hx.

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 300% organized, apparently.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs. They're really fired up!
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book, please ask us about it anyway
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (To the guy who thought it would be funny to sketch lewd daemonettes in the final pages of Cegorach's book: we know who you are.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the first and only.

Anyone care to rate my first Guardsman? The base is supposed to be a road, I thought it would be a nice easy base to do.

3rd for Elysian Drop Troops, Dropping Right into the Action (tm)

FUCK ULTRAMARINES AND MATT WARD

FUCK GW AND FUCK AGE OF SIGMAR FUCKING SHIT GAME

This is Roboute Guilliman, say something nice to him.

>A new starter set comes out
>Elysian™ Drop Troops™ vs Aeldari™ in the Crusade for Grimdark ™

Is this list dumb? The Tempered Helm on the Captain is supposed to be the new cloak relic for Ultramarines that gives EW and IWND

Post Ultras/Fallen/GK relics

He's a big guy.

pizza

>footslogging Cap and retinue ever
>especially when geared for melee
Please just never do this. If you really don't want them on bikes, at least give the captain a jump pack and turn his command squad into VVs with all that gear, minus the Apothecary and banner.

He's neither a heretic nor an autist.

better than my first guardsman, though no offence but the colour is kind of drab, I mean sure it's realistic but idk, he seems to realistic for 40k.
otherwise for a 1st mini it's pretty good
only other issue I have is on his right hand the silver is on his fingers, which could do with a really fine touch up, other than that the white stripes should be thicker for the road. Also the road is an interesting concept, maybe try and find some reference to how 40k roads are like, so that you can fit in better fluff wise.
>Drop Troops
It will be combines into
>Elysian Droops (drop troops combined) (tm)
Also don't forget the T'au, the Fars'ight, Druckhari (am I spelling it right?), Ultramareens, and other autistic names brought to you buy jewish trademarking
fuck that arouses my elysian drop troop boner, I would love to play a 2v2 with you at my side. >HHNNGGGG!!!

For you

They're supposed to be deep striking in the pod.

I share your love of deep strike, brother. Why deploy on T1 ever?

Nth for Leman Russ coming out of a warp portal for like eight hours to kill some space marines and rough riders.

I just now noticed the busty saint celestine crowning guilliman with a gigantic halo. 10/10 adorable, would fuck her until she couldn't stand with a demi-god sized horsecock.

What was Marneus Calgar's reaction to Guilliman waking up?
What was Guilliman's opinion on Marneus Calgar?
Haven't started those books yet[!spoiler]

>/v/ 40k threads
>all those 1d4 fags

Look like the Visarch got cucked again. I think there was something with him during the story development phase and end up with him doing absolutely nothing in the story.

I agree, deep striking turn one is the most glorious way to enter combat, especially if those units deep striking are flyers.
>STEHL RAIN should become a chapter tactic for a chapter of space marines
Also gw pls add regiment tactics for guard so we can have all of the regiments (I want karskin to have rules)

>They're supposed to be deep striking in the pod.
I know they are, but they can't assault out of the pot and the fact is, once they're out, they're fucked. They might make it to assault with one or two units all game, depending on how lucky you get with the Skyhammer's pinning tests. That's why I said give them jump packs, since they can still deep strike (albeit less reliably, but locator beacons exist on those pods), they have a decent melee threat range once on the ground, and also you don't pose out on Drop Pod Assault since your total non-Skyhammer pods will still round up to 2.

>Custode in the back
>Cassius SMILING
>Cawl being fuckhueg
>Celestine crowning a Primarch

This is insane.

I'm playing a 200 point kill team game on Friday. I have 3 Tyranid Warriors, 14 genestealers, and like 25 Termigaunts. Can I build something resembling a decent list out of this?

Do the fallen have bolters,bolt pistols and ccw or not?

40k General, we need to take a lesson from WHFG

PLEASE NO GATHERING STORM, IT'S NOT THE SAME SETTING. KINDLY SHILL/TROLL ELSEWHERE

I really love the looks of tyranids and lore of gsc, convince me why I should play them as if you were a store owner

Take three warriors fill the rest in with gaunts. Forget genestealers,.

They eat people.

Can my poor Rubrics do good in at least Killteam (probably HoR) if anything?

>We know you are only here for plastic crack so let's just head to the checkout OK?

>IT'S NOT THE SAME SETTING

Your ass is more fractured than Biel-tan if you're deluded enough to believe that.

>can my hyper elite MEQ's do well in a game format that rewards numbers
Don't worry though, you're dumb enough that it doesn't really matter what you bring.

Small elite teams can be very useful in kill-teams, but you're capping yourself at only 5 models, with no 2+ saves.. So they actually can't afford to take any casualties.

You can and probably will run into problems if you face a team that focuses on larger numbers though. Like for example the infamous "100 levys" list would just hand your ass to you on a silver platter. Same with the alternative 50 conscripts or 70 militia. Of course you will SHRED other elite teams to pieces with your AP3, but you have nothing to deal with hordes.

I really wouldn't, they're arse.

Im getting into 40k and Ive always liked chaos, Ive always wanted to run a khorne army but before i take the plunge I seem to have to options and I really dont know what one to take.

Is it better to run khorne demonkin or CSM traitor legion supplement World Eaters with allied demons?

I was gifted 10 flesh hounds and the parts to make quite a few CSM / Berserkers but I dont know how best to proceed.

Sounds like a plan. Are there must-have upgrades for any of the dudes or should I just take them as-is? Sorry about the noobish question but I only played 40k about twice 10 years ago so I'm not super familiar with the game.

>>Cassius SMILING

His face is a skull, smiling is the only expression it can have.

So i wanna do Tallarns, but is there no way to get the forge world ones at all anymore?

recasters

I like how all the space marines are okay with a xenos standing right in front of them. I know ultramarines are the more reasonable space marines, but still.

You would think crowning a primarch would be a no xenos allowed event.

Age of Sigmar > Fantasy

If she is one who saved them all, you could let her gaze. Plus there is more eldar mentioned standing behind.

ultras are xenophilic anyway

She's the reason they got their Primarch back at all, though.

Any leads on that?

what do you mean?
check /r/yoyhammer for catalogs and see who casts them then try and find their contact details.
I think Z or CCON might make them but idk since I only order from other recasters

>F

They finally wiped out the worst imperial faction

Guilliman is Jon Snow and Yvraine is the Red Woman.

Only Cadia's defenders died.

>bringing back loyalist primarchs
>advancing the setting

Its already over

40k as we have known it for 30 years is going to be gone in a matter of months

Which is the best Imperial Knight type?

Crusader, Dat firepower.

The Marshall from cadia becomes the emperors champion after being the only one to survive the battle in guillimans tomb.. He puts up a good fight against skarband but it utterly pulverized after stabbing him in the chest. Guilliman later on shoots the sword and blows it up to kill skarband, and the 2 most sacred relics of the BT are destroyed. Along with all the other Black Templars who joined the terra crusade.

Thanks, I'm torn between him and the Errant.

Theres like 10 black swords

I mean there is sure more BT out there crusading.

The point is that theyve wiped them out to the point of being a footnote

Next edition Black Templars will be at most a paint scheme in the codex under "Successor Chapters"

8, right now

>paint my heavy bolter sisters minimally so I can stick their guns on and continue detailing later
>Leave them to dry and go to work
>Constantly feel like I fucked something up or clogged the detail or put the paint on too thick
Kill me

>Sisters
>too thicc
unf

Get the Genestealer Cults Codex.

Run all the Genestealers as Purestrains (you can fit EXACTLY 14).

Rape literally everything.

New mark of space marine armour has been spotted in development. Sleeker, more modern and much larger than current marine armour. Stands over a head taller than current marines. Part of a range overhaul as a flagship army for the new rule system

>space marine crisis suits
Gulliman + tau codex confirmed

Are Dark Eldar any good? Ive been considering building an army for a while but I dont see many people talking about them.

You mean larger like.... same size as Stormcast?

They are extremely mobile and shooty, but also really fragile. They are generally considered underpowered.

if a vehicle flat outs that means that embarked troops cant fire right? or do they snap fire?

Yeah, Mark 6. Deathwatch has it.

they got a large buff with gathering storm 2, to the point where they've become mid tier, at least that's what I think

there are ways of making good lists.

they do have a lot of shit units though.

Mk. 9

mk 6 is corvus you dingleberry

even Guilliman?

hey pretty new but I cant find a decent answer should I put a flamer in my 10 man squad of csm?

Can he shoot twice at 24" and 4 times at 12"? Cause he looks kind of cool.

Anyone know if those bootleg Chinese DKoK are any good or do they fall apart like garbage?

Trim those moldlines and give him a good paint job and maybe

Haven't read the books but I can imagine it:

Calgar: "He's... so... GLORIOUS!" *Faints from excitement.

Guilliman: "Augh... where the hell I am? Oh... my head."

What's up with the disembodied hand on the barrel of the top lasgun?

He asked him "why does your geneseed shrink all our heads down to the size of a cat's testicles?"

While the leadership use is questionable, the last stand effect is kind of cool (even if it's probably not worth the cost)

List 1 or 2?

1 represents some investment acquiring two units of havocs instead of one

2 is mostly what models I've got with the wargear they've got

What, you think a guard that badass asked for a second gun? He couldnt pry it from his mates cold dead hands so he took those too

Aside from the Standard, those are all pretty boring.

Unless I'm blind, I don't see anything restricting the Standard to Command/Honor Guard squads. Might be a neat gimmick to throw into Battle Companies to give the obligatory Captain something to contribute.

How u buy heavy/special weapons? What GW doing with them is fucked up...

Give a chink a shekel on ebay and he'll give you what you need, it might even be a real bit

I like that the Helm of Censure is a callback to one of the more minor characters from the Horus Heresy novels. That, the Sanctic Halo, and Soldier's Blade all look pretty good and just about affordable.

So I'm doing an 1850 point army with a couple friends (one's doing tau one's doing IG). I was thinking of doing something like this, we agreed that FW was allowed since the tau guy is loading to the gills with riptides and broadsides.

Would this be fun to play? Would it be fun to play against?

Fucked up the bottom.

Y'know there's a export to text/image function instead of splintring screenshots.

I did not.

Is this list dumb? I'm running tall-scale space marines which is why I avoid bikes and Rhinos.
My plan is for the Chosen to act as special weapons squad while I throw cultists and dakka at things.

CSM list 1000 pts

HQ:

Chaos Lord 65 pts

Troops:

Chaos Cultists 50 pts
Autogun x5 5 pts

Chaos Cultists 50 pts

Elites:

Chosen 90 pts
plasmagun x4 60 pts

Chosen 90 pts
Meltagun x4 40 pts

Heavy support:

Forgefiend 175 pts
Ectoplasma head 25 pts

Forgefiend 175 pts

Forgefiend 175 pts

That there lil' eyeball symbol, also lets you edit how much shit to include in the way of, rules, individual points and statlines.

What legion?