MTG Modern General

Listen up, nerds. This isn't the modern thread anymore, this is the Death's Shadow Jund Thread. If you're not playing Death's shadow Jund, kill yourself please.
I wouldn't ask what you're playing, cause it better be DSJ
I wouldn't ask what you're hating, cause I know it's any deck not DSJ.
I won't ask what you're brewing, cause if you think your little special snoflake retard ass is coming up with something to beat DSJ I have news for you. It's not.
Sideboard? We don't even need a sideboard, cause we win every match 2-0 before turn 3

Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=DqTeGt6ZHQs
Pro Tip: Play this loudly on your phone during all your turns.

Resources:
Fuck

Other useless shit:
You

How's it feel playing the biggest FotM deck in existence?

>You
>Not retarded
Pick one

Thanks for the (you) and next time make a good general.

>Playing
Nothing
>Brewing
BG Infect
>Hating
Nothing. Everything is pretty fair and I have deep respect for DSJ because it's a good deck. I just have to be a special snowflake though.
>Unbans
Wizards give me my probe back. Otherwise nothing

>Playing infect
>Still

>playing
Spellweaver still
>Brewing
gonna try a couple main board extractions. Could be a good follow-up from an inquisition to take another card or a way to swing the tron/eldrazi matchups w/ ghost quarter. just not sure what to cut, my first instinct is conflagrate but I'm not sure what's better in g1 in most cases. I board it out with relative frequency, but it can really swing a board state.
>Hating
How popular surgical is, because it is a pretty good answer against my own plan.

Your deck is just worse dredge in every way

it's hardly even comparable to dredge, it doesn't have a remotely similar game plan

You put shit in the graveyard in a similar way then try to abuse what's there. You could just be dredging creatures.
Your combo is so inconsistent and delicate and you lose to the same hate as dredge. It doesn't matter that your win con is a meme, dredge is just better at doing graveyard shenanigans

I guess I'll ask here. So for the past 3 months I haven't won a single game with Hatebears, and have been considering converting it to another deck for some time now. With a budget of around $600 what would be a good way to convert it into?

yes but dredge is uninteractive and doesn't take advantage of the Loam engine the same way. at least compare it to loam pox or zombie loam if you're gonna shit on it

You could use the vials for Merfolk, Eldrazi&Taxes, or Death&Taxes

Repeatedly casting retrace cards is not interaction.

whats your list?

Play eldrazi and taxes

Eldrazi displacer is one of the most powerful and fun cards printed recently

clearly you know what the deck looks like, so why are you tryna bait like that?

Death's Shadow is degenerate

Because I've played it. It's awful

Well shit I feel hella retarded. I just took another look at the deck and I find its still technically not done. Well I guess another option would be to finish it I guess but I'm still up to the idea of converting it to something else.

4 Bird of Paradise
4 Path to Exile
1 Dismember
2 Qasali Pridemage
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 Leonin Arbiter
2 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
4 Mirran Crusader
3 Hushwing Gryff
3 Loxodon Smiter
4 Collected Company
4 Windswept Heath
4 Temple Garden
1 Canopy Vista
1 Techtonic Edge
4 Ghost Quarter
2 Gavony Township
4 Plains
4 Forest

Sideboard
3 Sunlance
1 Dismember
3 Kor Firewalker
2 Rest in Peace
2 Stony Silence

Yeah I forgot how shit this list was. Still taking suggestions for either upgradeing or converting

for

sounds like a (You) problem

Going to my first fnm tomorrow, piloting naya burn. Hope we all do great

>CoCo
>No Vials

It's time for Allies my man

4x Blackcleave Cliffs
1x Blood Crypt
4x Bloodstained Mire
1x Forest
1x Godless Shrine
1x Kessig Wolf Run
1x Mountain
1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Stomping Ground
1x Swamp
3x Wooded Foothills
4x Architects of Will
4x Deadshot Minotaur
4x Fulminator Mage
1x Jungle Weaver
4x Monstrous Carabid
4x Pale Recluse
3x Simian Spirit Guide
4x Street Wraith
3x Demonic Dread
3x Living End
3x Beast Within
4x Violent Outburst
Side:
2x Anger of the Gods
3x Faerie Macabre
3x Gnaw to the Bone
3x Ingot Chewer
1x Krosan Grip
2x Ricochet Trap
1x Slaughter Games

Thoughts/cards you'd rather run? SB mostly vs Burn and Affinity with some concessions to opposing combo and UWR/Grixis, the main gameplan is already solid vs Eldrazi/BGx/DSJ. No Faeries main since they just die to Minotaur if your opponent doesn't have anything to exile (most of the time they don't). No Groves to keep the deck reasonably priced and don't like the notion of giving opponent life. Godless Shrine to hardcast Recluse. I feel 7 Cascades is plenty.

go gw aggro with wilt-leaf liege, voice of resurgence, scavenging ooze, and knight of the reliquary. you could also splash black for early hand disruption, lingering souls, and rhino

Just ordered the cheap (lol) parts for Naya Burn. Super happy the fetches got reprinted so now i can buy the rest without having to save

tfw eat a turn 1 etched champion turn 3 plating

Happy for you man. When I get my new job I get to buy goblin guides (currently using spark elementals in it's place)

I wish Goyf, Lili and the GB fetch wernt so expensive or else I'd go Junk with this deck. Those 3 cards alone are about $750 for a playset of each, and I really don't wanna try building this as a budget option. Would the option to convert to BW Eldrazi Taxes or Bantdrazi be viable/within budget or is that also very expensive to do?

BW eldrazi is like 200 tops if you have vials already. Bant has more raw power but is more susceptible to early disruption.
The mass amount of synergies in taxes is much more fun

Displacer and Flickerwisp is very oppressive. It's not the best deck but I sure get a kick out of it

r8 my meme brew

4 Aether Vial
3 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
3 Maralen of the Mornsong
4 Leonin Arbiter
2 Eldrazi Displacer
2 Restoration Angel
3 Aven Mindcensor
4 Flickerwisp
1 Spellskite
3 Blade Splicer
2 Selfless Spirit
1 Athreos, God of Passage
2 Tidehollow Sculler
4 Path to Exile
4 Ghost Quarter
3 Plains
4 Isolated Chapel
1 Fetid Heath
4 Godless Shrine
3 Caves of Koilos
1 Swamp
2 Vault of the Archangel

SB: 1 Pithing Needle
SB: 1 Grafdigger's Cage
SB: 2 Burrenton Forge-Tender
SB: 1 Tidehollow Sculler
SB: 1 Kor Firewalker
SB: 1 Mark of Asylum
SB: 1 Rest in Peace
SB: 1 Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 1 Blessed Alliance
SB: 1 Celestial Purge
SB: 1 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Wrath of God

how is infect holding up?,

maralen is bad, you just bolt them to let them look for an answer to whatever's on your board? god help you versus combo

Does Mindcensor and maralen not work the way I think it does?

>DSJ meme
I beat DSJ with bolt plus helix and snaps
Come at me negros

i doubt you'll get both to stick besides a turn that you vial mindcensor nigga

also urborg should be in there if you're running chapels and more fetid heaths I think the B stuff you put in doesn't bring too much to the table

>no fatal push

I'd give it a 6/10

Would you also run goblin grenade in burn for that very small chance of hiring guide?
Same principle

nice, i wanted to build burn too but my meta is just removal (aka fatal push) heavy. hope you got your eidolons cheap

>urborg
I considered it, but didn't like it because it lets opponents cast dismember without paying as much life
>fatal push
Replace path with push or add both?

>meme brew
You just took some good cards out of eldrazi taxes and replaced them with bad cards

hey, I never said it was a good meme

what's your meta like? it depends but i'd run a mix of both (something like 3-2)

i like urborg since you're running 4 chapel and only 8 lands that can trigger them, although i think it's cause dismember isn't popular here (or anywhere?)

Fair point, I'll drop an urborg in for testing along with the pushes

So I play bogles usually but got a buddy making an infect deck and another making an eldrazi set up.

What's some good ways to dominate them and spend less than $100?

It's friendly so I don't want to go full on money deck for friendly fun. I just want to win.

>making infect
>after probe ban
Embarrassing tbqh

It's casual friendo. No bans upheld in friend magic night.

I've still got a modern event deck sealed. Am I sitting on a gold mine yet?

Cool, can I bring my tinker deck?

Yeah just come to daves on monday nights for friendo magic night.

>T1 Mox Mox Mox Tinker one into Blightsteel, Lotus, Greaves, equip, attack for 11 infect

I've been playing the deck for a few weeks and I love it. Playing at the open in Dallas this weekend
I took the Collective Brutality out of the main board and replaced it with Anguished Unmaking. Works so-so

BOGLE

Goyf ban when

is there a deck that lets me cryptic command 8 times in a game

>what is eternal command

say no more senpai

>workshop
>sol ring
>mox
>key
>time vault

Is there any budget option for Goyf? I see people mention Scooze and Flayer but is there any others that can take Goyfs place? Could
Moldgraf Scavenger work?

Okay I'm gonna make Ponza but I'm not gonna run Blood Moon for now just to make it cheaper. I imagine they'll come right down after MM17 anyway, especially 8th edition.

Neither of those come anywhere close to Goyf.
You can drop him as a 5/6 on turn 2 for no drawbacks.

Scooze, Flayer, Tasigur, Hooting Mandrills are your best bets
>Moldgraf

if you're going super budget then yeah he'll work

[Spoiler] Vinelasher Kudzu [/spoiler]

In what deck?

be sure to pick em up within two months before the wannabe investors artificially drive prices up

Junk. I wanna consider all my options before deciding to drop trying to build it.

May try Tasigur since I have 2 of him already.

Death's Shadow Jund has 8 fucking threats main board and it's still the most weirdly fucking resilient deck I've ever fucking seen

junk absolutely needs goyf because it's so mana efficient, just pick em up they're dropping like valuable yet abundant

junk lists also already run flayer and tasigur

A better GSZ and 8 cantrips will do that to a deck.

cus of the recursion and disruption, they pluck removal with 8 discard spells and recur with LOTV 2.0 and kolagahan's

I mean it's a 52 card deck after the can trips and traverse mates 4 more threats. If you aren't drawing threats you're drawing a shitload of disruption, so your opponent isn't going to have much going for them either.

You can get rid of answers to your threats and K Command them back.
You're playing a 52 card deck, so you're far more likely to draw them, and you have 4 copies of Traverse, so you can basically Chord them out for 1 mana.

The only thing I'm worried about investors driving up are the cards that didn't get reprinted the number of cards doubling in price since the spoilers is getting out of hand.

oh boy do i have bad news for you

DSJ seems pretty rad. I'm too poor to afford it without selling off my Bant Eldrazi deck though, should I go for it?

Do it. DSJ is fucking amazing

Do nothing until the 13th. Except buy Splinter Twin for the speculation meme.

Done. I just bought 4 foil Twins despite already owning a non-foil set from my old Twin deck.

Time to meme

I don't think the deck will see another ban after just one month, and as far as speculation memes go you should also not forget to sell your mox opals as it is very clear that a vintage power level card like it will be banned.

Wow. Hilarious. Even after the hundredth time

It truly is vintage level. I run 4 of them in my DSJ deck for that bauble synergy

Just go white heavy?

Played living end in a friendly match tonight and got memed on by esper control
>LE comes off suspend
>he counters
>cascade into LE
>he thinks for a moment
>taps out to cast esper charm
>wonder what good that does, he tapped out doesn't matter what he draws-
>he declares target player discards two cards, targeting himself
>he discards sun titan and grave titan
>oh fuck me
>sun titan brings back a wall of omens for Xtra fuck me
>scoop it up

Lessons learned: esper is the shard of autism

That's pretty awesome. I'mma brew me up some esper.

who the fuck is actually nonironically thinking DSJ will be banned?

Is there an m/tg/ discord for xmage/cockatrice testing?

Would anyone use it?

I give it one more cycle, it's only been a deck for a short while and it's not like eldrazi levels yet

>Would anyone use it?
Yeah, shitposters and furries.

If it weren't for the reprints I'd say it would have been too expensive to ever hit those levels.

>if you aren't playing this archtype every single other person is playing because its the only viable archtype in this broken format, KYS

why is modern a thing still?

>modern has only 1 archetype
>it literally has everything
> except control

go back to your trash standard format faggot

standard is even shittier. standard>Frontier>Modern>Legacy/vintage/etc>EDH

Modern is the most diverse format, fuck off blue fag
>muh 100% blue format legacy is the best

>Most diverse format
lmao

that's not fair to frontier, it could be even shittier than standard if anyone actually played it

>Modern is the most diverse format
20 different shades of aggro.

Modern is definitely diverse in terms of actual decks, lots of viable archetypes but mostly restricted among aggro, midrange, and combo. No true control decks aside from prison.

kek'd, frontier players BTFO

>Lots of diverse archetypes
>So what do you want your goyf and supporting creature cast to be?