/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Rolled 17 (1d26)

Mechanicum shitfling edition
Tanks count as Tanks subedition

user posted the Centurion rules for 30k, EC apothecaries are OP, discussions on the viability of LR Achilleses happened. 3+ saves and 2+ saves happen 2/3rds and 5/6ths of the time. Plastic Thunderhawks???? More here: >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Legion-Phobos-Chainaxe-Set
forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Chain-Axes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the first

First for the First

Way to go.
kek

Just built my first Calladius Grav Tank. These things are comfortably thicc next to the giant Custodes.

Also, Custodes really are fucking huge. This is my magnetized Tribune next to a Deathwatch Librarian.

Librarian looks nice. I like when characters in action poses have helmets, even though I think the Deathwatch helmets look a little derpy.

>Spear and shield

jesus that's triggering.

The look even HEUGer next to SoS.

Why?

>that pose
Man, I can't believe anyone actually uses that pose.

I've noticed the helmets are a little smaller than the standard Marine ones. They seem more proportional.

Also I agree. I loved helmeted heroes a ton.

He's magnetized. I adjust the arms and loadout as need be. Just standing at attention works decently.

Never heard of actual combat right?

The spear is blatantly made soley for two handed use. Custodes hands aren't big enough to grip the centre, and the trigger is at the bottom end. So you tell me how the fuck he fires a top heavy spear with ONE HAND from the BOTTOM?

The autism is strong with this one

Custodes are strong as shit.

Lore wise, there are two triggers in the spear

He activates it with his dick, who gives a fuck

>One hand stance for CQC while blocking enemy attacks with a shield.
>Two hand stance for shooting and long range slicing and dicing.

use the shield as a support.

It's a poor design, admittedly.
That said, these are the most elite supersoldiers who've ever lived, I'm pretty sure their black carapace equivalent allows them to fire their guns with just a thought.

Also it would be possible to balance the spear within the crook of the shield, somewhat similar to how muskets had musket rests and could be used on top of bardiches.
And then there's the medieval pavise shields.

This, how he doesn't get +1BS when so equipped is beyond me.

how was the build? authentic FW resin or recast?

then why even need triggers on their weapons? also the 'crooks' are looking too narrow and the shield isn't nearly tall enough to lay the spear horizontal

not the one modelling an absurd and unrealistic pose to fit a cheese weapon.

Different user, but the Calladius was really easy to build, I mean half the models one goddamn piece, the thing's a fucking brick.

I also got two of the transports, I haven't assembled the second but the first was a bitch, tons of bent pieces and a lot of work required. Haven't yet made the second so hopefully it was just one being obnoxious

Reposting my list of armor... generalizations. Nothing more than generalizations.

DA: Not much info yet. Tend to be portrayed in Mk II since they were around longer.
EC: Strong preference for Mk IV, probably not much Mk II since they were small back then.
IW: Strongly preferred Mk III over Mk IV.
WS: Had mostly Mk II, some Mk III at the start. Then four years of boarding and scavenging (Mk V?), then Terra (Mk IV, VII).
SW: Not sure they care. Their 'thing' is preferring boxnoughts over Contemptors.
IF: Preference for Mk III (lots of boarding), but grabbed some Mk IV from Mars.
NL: Not sure but they don't seem the Mk III type.
BA: They seem the type to prefer Mk IV for its agility and craftsmanship, but they were sent away before the Heresy so wouldn't have received much of it.
IH: Strong preference for Mk III.
WE: Associated with Mk V with Sarum-pattern helmets. Doubt they really cared.
UM: Slight preference for Mk IV for its tech. They could manufacture their own.
DG: Strong preference for Mk III.
TS: Had modified Mk IV, probably preferred it, but had lots of Mk III too.
SoH: Mk IV because they controlled logistics, but they're often seen in Mk V too.
WB: Didn't care, were big and non-cohesive anyway.
Sal: Preference for Mk III, like all slow-but-tough legions.
RG: Associated with Mk VI, also liked Mk IV.
AL: Mostly Mk IV (flexibility > durability), but also the only legion besides RG to use a lot of Mk VI.

See, magnetized

Authentic! Very easy build. Has some mold lined which will be easy to file and clean; worst part is balancing the peg before you glue it so the tank can sit evenly and not dig the front into the base.

I have a recast coming soon that I will compare.

Armour autism is the worst.

heard that the front bolters swivel the full 15 degrees accomodated by the two wings?

>then why even need triggers on their weapons? also the 'crooks' are looking too narrow and the shield isn't nearly tall enough to lay the spear horizontal
I agree. It's a bad design honestly, even though it *could* make sense if the design was slightly different. Basically it should looks less like a bolter with a bayonet on the end of a needlessly long and thicc sticc, and more like a spear (glaive, technically) with a gun built into it.

I imagine when they start doing "Custodes upgrade kits" and/or Custodes special characters, spears meant to go alongside shields will look very different.

Looks better in this pose somehow, though the spear doesn't really work as a one-handed weapon

who'd use the most iconic custodian pose? :^)

Would you guys have preferred if each armor Marks have different rules/bonus, like Terminator variations?

Yup!

It's getting replaced by the Paragon Spear/Axe from the Ixion Hale model in a few days. Works a little better

No.

I'd be interested if Hardened Armour could be an upgrade for everyone though.

Just ordered Kharn last night after work from FW to start a 30K WE army. I have none of the books, and no other immediate things to buy, but I'm heavily considering either the Red Butchers or a Kharibdis next.
Which rulebook do I need for the most up to date WE rules, and does anyone know where to get the BaC models without the game itself? I have no interest in the game, but for the price it feels like a good place to start the army.

since were showing off custodes

Check the OP for the rulebooks, read them before asking questions. Just buy Calth from a third party for about 30 per cent off retail and ignore the game, individual bits are the cost of two boxes.

No, it's nice to be able to choose just for aesthetic and fluff reasons and not feel compelled to use something because it's better (or a better fit) rules-wise.

There's two rulebooks from FW, the "red books", fittingly enough. One's the Legion Army List, the other's the one with Legion special rules.

Also there's no need to worry about not getting the game.The boxset with the game is far cheaper than the individual model contents without it, although I'm sure if you trawled ebay enough you could get the models for less without the boxed game.

Do you have any idea how you're going to get chainaxes?

>Which rulebook do I need for the most up to date WE rules

Legiones Astartes Age of Darkness Army List and Age of Darkness Legions and Book 6 Retribution has the rules for your special Apothecary if you wish to run him.

Just buy the game and throw away the cardboard.

Thanks guys. No idea on the Chain Axes without jumping to a 3rd party vendor. You have any ideas?

>hey guize, how do I heresy lol
>OP? what's that?
>no, I didn't even think to check the rulebook section on FW site to find which books I need

Is the guy sitting on tall chair, standing up, or walking down the stairs?

Ooooh, shiny.
Anvil Industr(y/ies).

walking down the stairs il take a picture of just the base

base isnt 100% done

No idea which rulebook is the most up to date, the FW site hates my phone (at work), and pastebin triggers an *i cant let you access this unsafe site, starfox* message on work wifi. So, yeah. Did have to ask here.

> Anvil Industr (y/ies).
Thanks, man. Those should work great.

Sadly I think the "official" chainaxes they're pushing for 30k aren't much use because they're designed for arms that are holding melee weapons and pistols, something the plastic box sets don't come with.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Legion-Phobos-Chainaxe-Set

However, I did come across this last week and i can't believe it's not more commonly given as a solution: the old Chaos chainaxes.
They don't have hands, they come in tens, and they don't even have chaos iconography, so you can plaster them on the butts of your Calth marines and boom.

forgeworld.co.uk/en-IE/Chain-Axes

Thank you for clarification. Personally I would have preferred if the guy's pose is little more active.

I searched "chainaxe" on FW the other day while looking for their WE upgrades, and those didn't pop up. What hoops did you have to jump through to find them, or did it just hate me this week. . .

funny enough the arms are completely compatible whit the plastic custode arm slots.

When you take anvilus drop pods, do you fly them on to prevent DS mishaps or risk it anyways?

FW's search engine isn't fantastic to be honest.

There's a whole bunch of stuff in the "Warhammer 40,000" tab that would fit 30k perfectly in terms of models and rules too.

they have inertial guidance, you have try REALLY hard to mishap them unless you're in the corner of the table.

Was looking at the wrong book. Thanks for correcting my stupidity

"chainaxe" doesn't bring it up, but "chainaxes" does for me.

I think it depends on the day. Sometimes 'Chain axe/s' works, sometimes 'Chainaxe/s' works, and sometimes none of them work.

It's a bloody nightmare to try and find all the models in certain armour marks.
They can't decide if they want "Mark" or "Mk", or whether there should be spaces between "Mk" and the numbers, or whether the numbers should be Arabic or Roman numerals.

I've stopped searching for armo(u)r on there. It's stupid trying to find things.

Is it just me or are Terror Squads fucking awesome? They aren't that expensive, can be given shitloads of volkite, can infiltrate and shit, and their RoW that makes them troops isn't all the restrictive.

What's more cancerous, Leman Russ fanboyism or Sanguinius fanboyism?

>isnt all that restrictive
>1hs
>the best slot
good one, aspie

Don't think Leman Russ has that many fanboys, and Sangy isn't fully out yet, so it's hard to tell.

Personally I think the Primarchs who have fanboys are:
>Guilliman
>Lorgar
>Dorn
>Perty
>Mortarion (for some reason)

Maybe that's just because they're memeable. I don't know what your personal definitions of "cancerous" or "fanboys" are.

Rogal Dorn and Perty fanboyism.

Those guys who post about how much stronger and smarter their Primarch of choice is than everyone else at the slightest provocation.

Lemur Russ definitely.

Sanguinus didn't talk shit while failing to deliver.

>"For Fulgrim, for the Emperor, die heretic!!"

Wait you've never seen people going on and on about how they think either Leman Russ or Sanguinius is definitely the hardest primarch and no one could ever match them reeeeeeeeee?

That's lion and Russ fags.

I guess Angron fans can be put in there, but I sympathize with WE fans for wanting their one dimensional primarch vindicated

I'll jump in the bandwagon.

Angel fags gush over Dante more than they do sanguinus

I dunno, I play SoH and I'd probably put my money on Angron if I had to pick the nastiest cunt out of the primarchs. Being stompy is literally his only character trait.

Angel fag here, never actually see that. Mainly Sanguinius jacking.

Not that they are wrong, either.

MUH BOI

But everyone knows Horus is?

>fortify your arsenal
Finally cracked a grin at that one

I get the feeling he's Vegeta tier.

Talk shit and gets hit by anyone who won't indulge his combat high.

He beat Russ and Girlyman and Corax thought he'd be ezpz until he saw him fighting at the drop site massacre and immediately thought no one would be able to beat him.

I dunno, I kinda feel like it's the exact opposite. Everyone thinks he's a punk then they actually get in the ring with him and get Batista'd through a fucking table.

This.

He doesn't even need a 2+ save let alone exothermic endothermic armour to do it

Inferno needs to be run through a spell checker.

Anyone interested in some Heresy models? They are best China men but I'm state side so will save you shipping and wait time. They are perfect casts I just don't have time to play.

I have Kharn, Angron, like 40 Mk3 Troopers with chainsword and bolt pistol. I also have special weapons, combi bolters, etc etc

If interested let me know in this thread.

>The rules team was having a heart attack all along the writing and reviewing process.
Accept it, that's the only way we can justify the mediocrity behind Inferno.

I look at it like, forgeworld shot their wad with the first few books and it's downhill from here.

Good luck Angelus. Haha

What's the error?

Reposting

#

I actually play white scars irl

No I swear

Bikes are pretty good in any list, jet bikes are great in any list and chogorian brotherhood makes both scoring so they become phenomenal.

Outriders can be made out of plastic bikes with either MkV or MkIV bits, depending on your taste and availability.

Attack bikes like the other user said are very points efficient but you have to convert

Land speeders and javelins are also excellent and go unused for mostly the same reasons

>reviewing process
All evidence points to there not being such a thing.

Where you at senpai

They only had 13 months to write it...

>to win us to do harm

Sadly, his actual rules make him pretty bad at primarch fights. Most of the tanky primarchs and and all of the assault oriented ones take him on handily.

For now...

Is the warlords Titan power claw actually good for anything?

Not that it really matters since that monster is on its own 3 tiers, but I think I might be missing something about it.

it tears other Titans apart, and has a Vulkan for infantry-shredding.

Eh, I don't really see him changing that much. Maybe an extra wound and attack. He'll still get punked by Russ.

Personally I think they're going to completely re-work all the primarchs when they go DP, Angron is a particularly noticeable example of being quite weak compared to newer primarchs just cause he was the first one to get rules.

Thats assuming he hasnt got his bonus attacks yet, once he starts racking up a few bonuses by murdering a praetor and his retinue he gets pretty good

Missouri, US