Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Power Levels Edition
What do you think about high power games? High levels, gestalt, 30+ point buy, feat taxes, rampant crafting and all that. Which is your ideal level?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing
PS: Avowed received some pretty big changes so if you didn't keep up with it for a while now is a good time for that.

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4740891/applications-round-2/?pageforid=4749166#post-4749166
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey, OP.
Thank you. It means a lot.

>A LITERAL cat is posted to Dragon 2
>Rinka is a ratfolk chuuni
>Rory pretends to be a wolf

So a cat, a rat, and a dog all walk into a dragon's den, looking for jobs

Try and stat her, if you can.

and then they all become companions with a disney style princess to find adventure in the great wide somewhere

Feat tax is a requirement for me now. Anything else I can do without, but I generally prefer high power games and subscribe to the school of thought that Pathfinder is irrecoverably broken and the best way to enjoy it is to embrace that instead of trying to fix it.

Honestly my ideal is miles from anything in PF. Magic items should be incredibly, impossibly rare. Point buy can be high or low, depends on what sort of feel the campaign is going for. Feat taxes are idiotic and should absolutely get axed. Level in PF I'd keep below 8 in terms of numbers, but allow players to unlock class features of higher levels. Class features, not spells.

With or without the drake? Because I'm not gonna lie doing it with the drake might prove difficult.

And between them, there's potentially a three-way love triangle developing. Upon its climax, Rinka realizes she loves both of them, and they embrace. Cut to credits.

Class: Worst Girl 1 / Seriously a Shit 1
Stats: All 1s
Skills: Literally nothing

Weigh in friends, were the futa demanding and fetish demanding from last thread the actual applicants or merely false flagging? You decide. No official word has been put out, and even if they did there is no way to be sure or not if they were lying.

Truly a conundrum.

Just to be clear, when I was making the OP I meant "feat taxes" as "free Power Attack etc."

No problem!

It's better to veer towards the side of caution and assume it's just funposters funposting.

>mfw a reviewanon once said he was going to review my character next
>he changed his mind and stopped review ANY characters the next day

Which one was yours user?

What is the sexiest ethnicity in Golarion?

Feat tax: you must take this feat to be good at your role or to get to a different feat that actually does something. These should be removed by giving the effects out for free or rolling a bunch of them into something worth spending a feat on.

Without, I guess. The drake rider archetype is awful, since she can't actually fly before level 11. Is there a way to obtain a wyvern as a mount?

Dunno, I was going to play a futa anyway, though. My job isn't done until I fuck every slut in that group.

Camilla is a sweetheart and only wants to have a billion kids with her one true love!

Yuria here.

I am not a fan of futa. Pls delet.

>My job isn't done until I fuck every slut in that group.
B-but user, they're all pure maidens, pure as the driven snow!

I'm going to choose to believe the user who claimed that the only DM post made was the one about disliking cancer elf.

I'm sure a lot of the posts were shitposting but I'm pretty sure it's true that at least one of the players is wanting a muscleman cheliax noble to husbando.

>a cat.
>near a rat

pls no rat is not food

Yuria confirmed for futa got it.

Garundi

You are already a futa.

Are any of the applicants nobility?

THE BULLY CONTINUES

>A cat
>Near a Rat
>Wearing a hat
>The ass was fat
>Rory will be there to protect her!

If you don't start with a penis I'm sure there'll be a way to put one on you.

I know that that means. It was just me not double-checking.

or in you

What the fuck do Aeons even do? They feel like they'd smack icecream out of a child's hand and then imprison it's soul for crying, because the universe demands it.

Disregard this, I suck cocks.

But only if they're futa cocks.

>Sherecaster optimized to put dicks on chicks

WHAT KIND OF GARUNDI

It's a tie between Vudrans, Varisians, and Ulfen.

Fuck it, posted the assassin girl anyways

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4740891/applications-round-2/?pageforid=4749166#post-4749166

>high levels
3-4 is a good starting point.
>gestalt
Good for small groups and groups where you can trust everyone not to abuse it. Not good for anything that runs on /pfg/.
>30+ point buy
25 is the sweet spot, I think, but it's really not like higher point buys hurt game balance that much (you can still only cap at 18).
>Feat Taxes
Good. Things that help martials are good, generally.
>Crafting
Certainly not pre-game but I like to do mini-quests to have people gather items for particularly significant crafting, so it's allowed in my games.

Yay!

Oh and why don't you like him mr? Share with the class.

After some deliberation 2hu decided not to run this playtest after all. Jolly himself said this would not be really the kind of data he is looking for. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lucius is minor Cheliax nobility, and I guess a muscleman? I have a bit of trouble following his app.

Talathel is elven Cheliax nobility... for some reason.

Mikhael is deposed Ustalavian nobility.

>three way love triangle
No love for the princess?

A nice Katapeshi qt with a thick booty

Just so long as you know your place.

Nerd.

I want to apply with a nobleman! A nobleman with GUNS!

>crafting
How do you feel about mundane/alchemical items and not full blown magic ones?

Not the DM but I assume he doesn't want to get too involved in discussions, given the shit the false flags or his players riled up when they gave their thoughts on things.

I really liked the WotR DM's stance of trying to keep hype down.

Give me the quick rundown.

Obviously, she'll end up with a prince. Duh.

Oh we love the princess all right, we love her a lot.
That's why we're gonna invite her and have ourselves a party!

Something something Bogdanoff.

YOU'RE A NERD

That's... kind of silly.
I really think it would have given some good data, and even though they were being maximum autist about it, many of the points touhou raised were valid.

Not before the game, fine afterwards. Probably wouldn't make you go out hunting stuff like I would for hugely-plot relevant magic items. I'd put rules in place to make mundane crafting go faster, but not so fast that you can just shit out black lotus extract all day erry day.

literally who

>Talathel is elven Cheliax nobility... for some reason.
According to his backstory he was granted the title for helping out during the Thrune rebellion. It doesn't go into detail as to what he did, just says it was "a time of hedonism and plenty".

ara ara incest fetish bait waifu from the newest Fire Emblem game

I can live happily every after with that~

I want to ask you out on a date and then totally stood you up!

>RoryXRinkaXEphraimXA Princess literally the best ship.
>What do we call it?

STOP BULLYING

I want to drug and rape you!

I guess I'll repost for more opinions on what people like best. It was a bit of a tie at the end of the last thread. Hell's Vengeance character ideas based roughly on some of my favorite 1980s movies:

>Hamatulatsu Master that got denied entry into the Golden Erinyes because she loves cocaine. Down on her luck but wants to prove herself, but really really likes cocaine. Gets violent when high, is often high.

1980s kung-fu movie meets sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Gonna do a looooot of drugs regardless of consequences and ability damage. My problem here is doing a ton of drugs isn't lawful and you've got that alignment restriction on monk.

>Sexy teacher feels out of place in her family because she's a tiefling. Fiendish blood makes her hear voices that drive her to kill. Is distraught about it, until she discovers she's descended from a line of serial killers. Hey, she does belong in the family!

Any given slasher movie where the killer turns out to be the hot babe. I want it to be an Occultist so her implements could be related to her family (tools previous killers have used, or keepsakes from their victims) but that clashes pretty badly with the Serial Killer's charisma based features.

>A farm is built over a decrepit shrine to Lamashtu and a baby born on the farm is a horrible mutant thing as a result. She grows up, gets drawn into a Lamashtu cult to learn the dogma, and murders people that are abusive to mothers and pregnant women (cheating husbands, etc.). Masquerades as a nun of Desna.

Killer nuns. Body horror. Looks like The Thing, murders like Hellraiser. The farm being built on cursed ground is supposed to be like Pet Sematary. It'd be a Protean prowler that swaps around evolution points for different skill bonuses and such as needed, but ultimately I'm worried abut the character being able to "do" much and how I would tie them into Cheliax service.

Merciless and ruthles axe wielder, rides a flying drake/wyvern. Actually a nice and gentle woman outside of the combat, who protect everyone dear to her.

Tengu.

LiozisnowWhiteShipping?

Jolly said that the playtest would be not applicable to most usual games and that is what 2hu decided based on that.

It could work, it could work. We need a proper title for this ship!
How's about... Ratburger

Not

RATatouille,

And then I'll call you and say how sorry I am, and how I see you more as a sister than a girlfriend!

>mfw I want to get critiques on my character but it's already been accepted into a game

Are none of the other players helpful?

Why are you so greedy user? Some applicants haven't even been reviewed yet!

It'd fucking help to know what character for what game user.

I'll review you!

Since Shizzy and JAG already got reviewed, I'm guessing Dedire?

with everyone pressed together with toasty buns into one happy product?

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

>like a sister
W-what are you saying user? This is too sudden.

YOU CANT RAPE THE WILLING

I'm seeing a lot of bitterness about avowed around this community now - while I understand you had to reign in the damage ceiling, do you think that the floor of the class is in a good place?

In particular the decision to reduce the pulse dice to d6 from d8 feels like it came out of nowhere, especially now that overcharge and merciful pulse are nerfed. Can you talk more about the reasoning behind that?

You heard me! I want you to be my imouto! I want to

SPOIL!
YOU!
ROTTEN!

It could work! What about Rory and Ephraim though?

No, it's a Lazy Throne character.

Yeah, that's the thing - at this point I'd just be getting tips to help with my next character, while people can actually use the advice being given out by the reviewanons. It'd be rude to ask someone to go over my profile at this point.

They are! But I'd mostly be looking for outside perspective.

Christ you guys, it's been 3 hours and I come back to this?

its the autism its flaring up again

What are some good upcoming games, /pfg/? I've got some new free time opening up because I'm getting cucked, so I figure I could apply to something.

It's been a slow evening since I finished cooking, user.

throw one to HV and Dragons2

The cuck shed is not a good place to play games, Sven. Ask your wife's bull if you're allowed to use the family computer.

Nah, it's either /pfg/ games or the good old Reverse Cuck maneuver. I figure I'll try the games first, then the Reverse Cuck if my apps don't get accepted.

>Dragon 2 is going to have 40 apps
I actually feel kinda bad for waterbirb. Hes got so much reading to do.

Unless he already picked his favorites weeks ago and everyone else is just wasting their time.

Why is that girl so adorable?

Does WotR hold the current record? I think it had 42 apps over 6 weeks? Dragon 2 is only going to have been up 3 right?