/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls General

Telvanni is Best House Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[UESRPG - P&P RPG] docs.google.com/document/d/1pTgTN2aJUoY95JtquowagfUJLL7tCQYhzJKcCAcbvio/edit?usp=sharing
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
This is NOT /tesg/ minus waifus, so behave properly.
Keep the squabbling to a minimum.
No waifus/husbandos except for Gamme Fyr

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ns7ywiYCRYs
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Tale_of_Dro'Zira
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/The_Elsweyr_Confederacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone got some concept art to dump?
I wanna try my hand at converting some of it into meshes.

That seems rather difficult.
It would have been nice to have more types of dwemer helmets.

meshes, like 3d meshes?

If you manage to make this one I would bem fucking thrilled

The rectangle shield that completes the nordic Steel armor. In the game you only have the round version. Couldn't find a mod that has a similar one.

House Telvanni forever influenced my malleable teen psyche.
>intelligence is everything, everything else is nothing
>there's nothing you can't achieve by hard work
>not all people are born equal
>foreign cultures are poison, they're fine as long as they're contained in their countries
>art and architecture should imitate nature as closely as possible
I wish there was a Telvanni party in real life, I'd vote it.

Trump is Telvanni. The man uses meme magic, lives in a tower, and is transparently self-interested and sociopathic.

Don't forget the massive shoulderpads.

>tfw to intelligent to vote

>"i am very smart"

youtube.com/watch?v=ns7ywiYCRYs

What's the Tribunal Temple position on Sanguine, Hermaeus Mora, Nocturnal, Peryite, and Namira? (Am I missing anyone?)

An interesting halfway point between Oblivion and Skyrim dwarven helmets.

I like how those suits look more like some sort of boiler plate armor - or even an actual suit of armor - rather than what Skyrim actually went with, which looked more like an awkward walking statue.

I think Oblivion had one of the better Dwemer armor designs though.

I will give you one (1) succ if you model this helmet

I'm pretty sure most of those are considered part of the House of Troubles, or whatever they call the Bad Daedra.

Nah they're the ones who aren't in the House or the Good daedra

I'd guess the Temple position is the same as the imperial cult, neutral-suspicious.

Was Morihaus Humanity's equivalent to Trinimac?

House of Troubles is just the four corners I thought. I mean I guess they COULD fit somewhere inside the house.

Sanguine apparently had a pretty good relationship with Mephala, who of the three Good Daedra seemed un-annoyed with the Tribunal mostly replacing them.

None of them are. The Four Corners of the House of Troubles are Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, and Sheogorath. Which is probably why user is asking.

Do you guys think Hermaeus Mora, Azura, Nocturnal, and Mephala have fights over who has the best secrets/is the best at keeping them/ferreting them out?

He does have a point that there's more to a house than just the four corners that hold up the roof.

Gah, I am trying so hard to decide if it's okay to make a "Morrowind, but not" area in a setting. I've just been super inspired after finally playing it.

Also: The "Avatars of the Aedra" in Morrowind: Is the oracle just crazy or do the Nine have enough energy left to form mortal shells to test potential champions?

>Was Morihaus Humanity's equivalent to Trinimac?
Why do you make that connection? Martial ability alone?

It's been theorized, but not widely, that the avatars were also a result of proximity to the Heart, because intervention to that degree isn't really seen elsewhere outside of Akatosh manifesting at the end of Oblivion. In short: we don't really know.

Martial ability, "Demigod" status, ties to a highly revered deity (Auri-El and Kyne respectively)

On some extra looking, the House of Troubles Daedra are apparently considered at least holy despite being sometimes enemies, since they test the Dunmer's faith and act as 'obstacles.'

Since the others aren't commented on at all, I'm assuming they're just considered evil or bad.

Strictly speaking, the "human" equivalent would be Tsun/Stuhn. Morihaus as second to Pelinal kind of echoes that though.

That is a fair point, though Morihaus seems to have been more active on the mortal plane.

Which is why it would be easier to draw a parallel to Alandro Sul, Nerevar's shield bearer. Divine parentage, second to a more famous contemporary, etc.

Sometimes it's good that they didn't follow the original ideas in the concept art. Pic related, werewolves would have been simple humanoids in fur suits, instead of the muscular beasts we got in the game.

For me the Oblivion Dwemer armor looked like a toy that just sat awkwardly on the body, just like most Oblivion armors. The concept was good but the feel in the game was not. The Skyrim one looked better
The point was that many armors in the concept art looked interesting as well.
This true for all armor sets, they should have many variations for the same material.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:The_Tale_of_Dro'Zira

So are the Rhojiit supposed to be the Skyrim Sabercats?

Also the idea that the Underking was pulling a straight up He-man riding an insane Senche-Tiger at the Battle of Red Mountain is fucking gold.

Allright when i manage to finish at least a part of these i'll post a screenshot here.

The resource will probably end up on the nexus.

I can't argue with your point about Oblivion armor, but I still really do feel the Skyrim armor just didn't look like armor. Maybe it was attempting to harken back to Morrowind's almost robot-looking armor, but it looked more awkward to me. I will agree about the many variations thing - it sucks that the most variation you get in the game is between types of fur armor, which almost on one will likely make use of.

I want an isometric TES game that captures the style of Kirkbride and Adamowicz's concept art.

Fur armor is the one with most variation because thats what bandits wear. If there was a single piece of fur armor, bandits would feel even more repetitive.

And Thieves Guild armor with the variants being sometimes impossible for the player to actually get.

...True.

Two things I really want in TES6: The return of movement stats, and the crazy amount of armor slots morrowind had, plus variety within those slots.

You should make some based on Morrowind concept art for TR.

So I’ve been playing ESO for quite a bit(I know, but it is fun if you can get past the broken lore bits) and it got me to thinking since it does open up some lore bits that Bethesda and others never really touched upon and as such I got a theory that formed while I was doing the Maw of Lorkhaj. What do you think?

>Lorkhaj is to Shor that Alduin is to Akatosh
Just as Nords see Akatosh as a destroyer figure, I would think the Khajiit’s version of Lorkhan would be a dark reflection of his Man Aspect: The drum beats that for Lorkhan are calm and rhythmic, with Lorkhaj they become fast and chaotic. Where Lorkhan convinced others to follow, Lorkhaj tricks and seduces them to do his bidding and that is reflected in his followers the Dro’mathra. They seem to be something like Corpus in that it infects others and turns them into slaves to the creator of the sickness; boosting their power and wiping away their individuality. It makes me think that if ever we get a game in Elsweyr, maybe the BBEG could be Lorkhaj coming to enslave the world or some twisted goal of Lorkhan’s original intent.

Then post more concept art for me to work with or a link with concept art...

Modding armour takes far more time since the structure itself is more complicated than weapons and one needs to take into account on the behaviour needed on the modell.

I'm sick now so i have a lot of free time and should be able to finish a set or a few varied pieces.

Well I mean, Lorkhan is already considered a demon and trickster by most Elves already, so it's not like this is really all that profound of a connection.

I wrote this text because it was being flagged as a duplicate reply.

Eh, "Twisted power of Lorkhan" has been done already, and who wants to work WITH the yellow skinned chucklefucks?

A lot of designs from the concept art have already been adapted into models for the game by modders (for example, the helmet on the left in ) but I don't think there's anything like this yet.

that'd be dope

Were these weapons every modeled?

Allright that should be enough for two weeks of work.

Well I mean that just as there are Shezzarines like Talos, wouldn't this also mean there could be a Shezzarine that is a reflection of Lorkhaj, like some evil version of Pelinal that instead of slaughtering elves, just wants to kill everyone like Alduin tried?

Cool, the Telvanni armor in particular would be great to see in-game. It probably wouldn't even need to be armor the player can wear which might make things easier.

Because of the floating.

I'll only do the meshes in blender.
Everything else is up to to others after i post the resource on nexusmods.

I don't really see it.

Khajiiti mythology already has a destroyer figure, and it's Ahnurr.
The dro-m'Athra are just Daedra.

I like your interpretation. You hear drums all the time in the Maw, they're going on about the dark power of Lorkhaj. And Namiira too.

First time I've seen daedra that form from mortals.

That would have to be an ESO thing.
I don't know anything about that, so I'm going purely off the main games.

I don't recall them ever getting mentioned until ESO.

And in Maw, they are Khajiit that have 'listened' to the beat of Lorkhaj as far as I can tell and have succumbed to something that seems Daedric but not quite.

>Similar findings have revealed that the dro-m'Athra, or dark spirits of Elsweyr, which correspond to the inverse phases of Masser and Secunda, to be aspects of the more universal Daedric powers.
en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Pocket_Guide_to_the_Empire,_1st_Edition/The_Elsweyr_Confederacy

I know my Khajiit texts.

I don't play ESO, and what little I've read from it I generally haven't liked, so I won't comment about that.

>Pocket Guide to the Empire
I would think that would be taken with a bigger helping of salt than ESO because of all the things that are supposed to be wrong.

>ESO is more reliable than PGE

If you're going to base this entirely off ESO, which again I haven't played, I'm not going to be able to talk about this.

You and I both know 1st edition is a propaganda piece.

That doesn't even remotely mean that everything in it is categorically false.

Post Telvanni

What else

I really wish the Telvani Molecrab helmet had better stats. Like, at least Telvani Cephalapod levels.

Also: I really miss medium armor, helped fill a cool niche.

remove telvanni

I don't get the ''removed skills were useless anyway'' crowd. I can understand spreading Mysticism among the other schools (ofcourse, Skyrim handled it in the worst way possible by simply having less skill variety while it had the potential of making each school better than those from Oblivion) but medium armor and spear were actually good skills.

But enough of it is that you shouldn't use it as a reference.

Who wants to bet that the dragon in ''Twin secrets'' was actually Alduin who got somehow released when the Red mountain errupted and he only flew over to Skyrim a few years later after recuperating?

no

I wouldn't care if they folded Spears into 2handers, and yeah with the utter gutting of

Man, FUCK "Twin Secrets" suddenly acting like the newly-introduced gameplay restriction on enchanting is a part of the lore was lame as FUUUUUUCK.

yeah, no.

But that's still wrong.

Tell me about Enchanting in TES, user.

But didn't red mountain erupt like 200 years before the return of Alduin and dragons in Skyrim?

It's different in every game.

We only know that Alduin flew in on Helgen.
We don't really know when he re-emerged on Tamriel.
Also Paarthunax was guarding the Throat of the world so maybe he had to use another ''tower'' to enter this timeline.

And conviniently in the book the Dragon is recovering and won't give his name + he teaches a pyromancer how to make twin enchantments.

When the pyromancer asks about a third enchantment or using his other limbs to enchant things the dragon flies off laughing at him.

Now one of the few magic items with three enchantments are dragon priest masks....

Yeah but you could have FIVE enchantments in Morrowind, so it's really dumb.

And in Daggerfall you could add more.

Most of those enchantments were ordinary material properties as far as i remember.

Could be daedric possession

That's not a thing.

It very much is.

>"Couldn't you just be imagining this?" said Kazagha patiently. "It wouldn't be the first time you had an insane paranoid delusion. Remember when you thought the royal battlemage of Black Marsh was hiding behind every tree with a rape kit, intent on making you -- a middle-aged, fat, balding tailor -- into his personal sex slave? You don't need to be ashamed, but it's Sheogorath's way to make us all a little crazy sometimes. If you go to the healer--"
>a rape kit
I need to know more.

So when Martin smashed the Amulet of Kings and became an avatar of Akatosh, it is later mentioned that the world can't be threatened (and phrasing it in more literal terms) by a planemeld sort of deal again, as if the Dragonfires were lit, except without the need for the ritual any longer.

But I've never truly understood the Dragonfire system myself either, because in other games, Daedric Princes showed up in the flesh in other worlds and have created portals, or spheres of influence around Tamriel even with the dragonfires lit. So what's the deal? Is it just to prevent large scale Daedric invasions?

Basically. It prevents the veil between Tamriel and Oblivion from being completely shattered. I'm also pretty sure it makes making Oblivion portals a fuckload harder.

which one is longarms?

There's a significant difference between Noctrunal having an avatar hanging around in a temple, and a huge, continent-wide invasion.
One's a little tear in the veil, the other is a complete shredding.

When was the last time met with your optometrist?

Nobody knows.

>the rape culture in the Empire is so bad they actually hand out specialized kits to make rape more convenient for government officials
THIS MUST STOP!

One can only wonder, I guess...

>Skywind

Falling apart

The one with the turkey neck.

That's not helpful.

Ok so what lore retcons/additions/screwups/ whatever could they make in the next game to ruin it or what could they do to make it great?

If it's set in

Elsweyr/Whatever the Kingdoms are called:
Too many manes, you're the mane, not enough Khajiit, too many Altmer, removing Khajiit religion, removing Lunar Lattice

Valenwood:
Bosmer eat native plants, pc can go in and out of wild hunt mode, Thalmor are basically Nazis again and we don't get to see any of their motives or good sides, no mention or sighting of imga, falenesti doesn't walk around, you don't get in troule for breaking the green pact,

Hammerfell:
too much mention of cyrus, they make the scale of the desert too small, you don't try to start a racewar with orcs, you're the hoonding, removal or yokudan religion, more asspull shit to make the dwemer look like cunts, no mention of sload

Alinor/Summerset/Whatever:
Psujiics don't get crazy shit like giant daedra or magical nukes, Thalmor are typical ultimate evil with no redeeming features, no mention of maomer, there isn't a clear caste system or you can easily get anywhere you want due to being a magical superboy despite low birth, no mention of xarxes or phynaster, no elves left that remember Tiber wrecking their shit with Numidium

Argonia/Black Marsh
No alternate argonian breeds, no travel via clear worms, too many cities, no major concentration on the hist, walking through the wilderness doesn't harm or fatigue non-Argonians without magical or alchemical aid

Also I'd like to see seasons instead of trying to vary the landscape to try to give the appearance of them. With all the time their taking and "do you even have the technology for that" spouting,I hope get something like that AND larger scaled cities and towns.

>more asspull shit to make the dwemer look like cunts

Dwemer apologist please go

>no elves left that remember Tiber wrecking their shit with Numidium
Not many people would really remember that to begin with.

The lore though