Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

$7 data sheet edition

>previous thread
>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEaPE4sLDA7ucJ0dkiVZSW6ghZUNGFHIW

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 300% organized, apparently.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs. They're really fired up!
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book, please ask us about it anyway
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Now with more daemons)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Burning of Prospero Imperial Datasheets.pdf
spikeybits.com/2017/03/rumors-new-custodes-sister-army-box-spotted.html
strawpoll.me/12498953
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

D I S C U S S

It's just a dataslate that they decided to call a codex.

>$7 data sheet edition
Just wait for full-scale sigmarisation and free rules

See

Free codex

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Burning of Prospero Imperial Datasheets.pdf

How much is it anyway ?

>People will buy this crap because they don't want to browse eBay

Aren't those the Custodes guys?

10 pound, contains

Don't know m8. Here is the source spikeybits.com/2017/03/rumors-new-custodes-sister-army-box-spotted.html
>INB4 le spikeybits is shit maymay

Guys 40k is not getting turn into AoS!

Yah because they are selling the datasheet now by calling them codex.

New CEO is just another Kirby

We age of sigmar now

>Sisters!
>Sisters of Silence.

God damn it! Can GW just squat SoB and end thier suffering.

Now now, there's TWO new datasheets in the codex.

What fucking bits are these, I need to mind them so I put churches on every vehicle in my DAngles list

Custodes, SoS and transports shoved into a box. Nothing new here. Except new faction.

Who's the skeleton on the far right of the pic?

¿Is he a chaplain or something?

its the graveyard of morr from fantasy which I believe may be out of print (though my store still has one)

>Celestine got new model
>SoB Special Character was released
>Both sold retardly well

Like rumored, GW finally understood that there is market for Sisters of Battle and so Adeptus Sororitas are getting models in ~years time.

I see 'le based roundtree' doesn't believe in market research either kek

Well, IMO we will see free datasheets in 8e and paid codices

I just want all bullied armies to become viable

nid, orks and sisters GO!!!!

I have fallen behind a lot when it comes to fluff. What books do I need to learn about all the recent changes, like Abaddon bolwing up Cadia, Yvraine, Papasmurf's return and all that shit?

Literally the Gathering Storm series, ya tit.

Kindly no Gathering Storm. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

It begins. Will we see /40kg/ split into two over this

kys tbqh nignog

I assume they are not in the /w40kg/ archives> or is it just that I am a retard and cannot find them?

this is exactly the reason why I want to find out on my own. To avoid "my canon is better than yours" level of discussion.

Nids, Orks and Sisters got pissed off at GW and united into one coalition Hive Sisters of Waagh.
Power armored girls riding hormagaunts dropping from dakkajets.

Did you miss the codex Custodes?
3 datasheet sold as a codex

No, GW went full assholes

If this somehow ends up as age of shiggy diggy too then I will agree with this sentiment. It's not like I haven't been ignoring large chunks of the fluff for years already.

lewd

Anybody got the Gothic and the Eldritch?

The third link under the rules of OP post has Gathering Storm 1 and 2. 3 isn't out yet but the entire plot has been leaked on some forum

What? Has there been actual plot progression in 40k??

It's been progressing ever since the release of the Sanctus Reach campaign book 2 years ago

Thanx a lot man!

Reminder that anything but a CAD list is cheesy horseshit and not real 40k

It's still in print.

Does anyone here play HOR kill team and want to talk about that? Its popular at my local club and my brother plays it as Squats

It's not 8e yet, user. We are in super express quick The End Times point

there is no End Times

List rate? I'm new and I like slaanesh, but I have a lot of nurgle from aos. Otherwise I's use a flayertroupe keeper of secrets, furies, and a kakaphoni detachment.

Where does AdMech fall on the list of power levels?

I'm hoping for something firmly in the middle; not that guy level of cheese, and not Orks/Nids tier of suck where I have one and only one viable tactic to possibly win sometimes.

Here have Not! Stormcast Super marines made out from Girlyman by Cawl.

Anyone not desperately trying to convince themself that a AoS like situation is not happening in 40k.

Sure they are not axing 40k, but they sure trying hard to make same mistake that killed fantasy and also push the ideas of AoS into 40k

We already have grand alliance like things in 40k.

No idea if it will be bad but right now it feels like they didn't learn from fantasy or the reasons it fail

Well, call it as you want user. I see a huge rules change, plot progression, new models and shit. It's End Times for me, and we will see new 40k in june or july

ad mech arent a single list

I plan on using some units from both the Skitarii and some from the Cult Mechanicus, I guess I should have clarified that.

Gimmick tier like flyrants and turn one assault GSC when using war combo.

Any other time between Necrons and Guard.

Eldar tier: Eldar
Broken tier: Tau
OP tier: certain marine formation and Grav spam

Top Mid
Necrons with decurion of fucking die already/MSU SoB

Everyone else depends on the type of list and opponent and actually feels balanced.

Nids and Orks that are in the scrub tier.

Ortan Cassius, the most awesome chaplain ever, you fucking heretic

Cult mechnaicus are pretty high teir simply becuase of grav-kataphrons
Skitari have high-mid-teir as they have no transports, but can get around this, and have some nice combos with plasma culvrines, and some great basic guns

hey, I got two (You)s

I'm ignoring shit like:
Warp spider, scatter bike spam, Riptide wing, wraight night and servo skull Inquisitor in a single army.

Because that is an entire can of worms and bullshit to try and medaure

>plasma culvrines
calivers

>The light barely lingers, cast long against the hollowed halls.
>My work is complete, all that can be done now is to try
>The Praetorian stand guard over their sleeping master, as they have for too long
>now comes the most dangerous moment
>the armor hisses and squeals as it is sealed over his broken body
>vitals hold
>vitals hold
>wait
>failsafes and klaxons wail, something is wrong
>this is my most important work, I cannot fail
>I try to hold the inevitable at bay for a moment longer, this battle for a life too akin to the encroaching darkness on our galaxy
>he weakens
>the last of the candles in the chamber snuff out against the dying light, darkness takes hold, as it will all life.
>the moment has passed
>I have failed, everyone.

>but a light breaks the dim, shining brightly
>it is her
>she looks longingly at his form, and says, "I have died for your father 1000 times, but today, I bear you both his gift. and His curse. Only through the xenos was this transferable, I hope you can forgive me, but these are trying times. Serve us well lord, and save us."
>she places the halo upon him
>nothing
>then the ground shakes, the entire temple rumbles as if a sleeping god has awoken
>then silence
>then I see, his eyes open
>he rises
>The Inquisitor booms out the title not heard for a Millennium "ALL HAIL THE MASTER OF THE THIRTEENTH LEGION, LORD OF THE ULTRAMARINES, THE AVENGING SON. ROBOUTE GUILLIMAN!"
>everyone falls to a knee before the impossibility of what we see here, against the hope he represents
>he looks around the room cooly, regarding his armor first with an aura of imposed consideration.
>he barely whispers two words "How long?"
>I tell him, down to the last second deviation
>he stands in silence for a moment.
>He looks down at his hands and flexes both slowly.
>He then notices the marines before him.
>A grim smile plays at his lips
>he walks from the chamber, a light in the darkness glowing triumphantly
>"Come my sons, we have work to do."

>changing a setting into a story

No, GW is just being stupid and thinks the setting is a story that needs advancement, rather than a framework into which everybody can make their own story ... Including GW

At least we're sure 40k is going to die off now, everything story based (tv series, movie francises, etc) either is ended by the creators at a good time, and then almost forgotten about but sometimes cherished ... or it keeps jumping the shark untill everybody is disgusted with what it has become.

>posting on Veeky Forums
>without having dyslexia
NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Clearer image of the box set including Ancient Phillipus.

It looks like a buffed Start Collecting box

>tfw you like the 40k custodes and sisters more due to the lack of pulled-out-of-ass stupid expensive vehicles never seen before.

Grey Knights 2.0

glorious

>hurr you have to love GW otherwise you're a 1d4er!
>hurr you have to love AoS otherwise you're a 1d4er!

>custodes vehicles
>tracks
fuck off GW you shits

Maybe like...

Space marines have boxy dreads, and their most decorated guys are in Contemptors.

Maybe Custodes have Contemptors as their base unit, and the spear or sword guys are their upgrade?

>Gathering Storm
hmmm

>>Celestine got new model
>it didn't work in SoB army
kek

That "Codex"

>>hurr you have to love GW otherwise you're a 1d4er!
>>hurr you have to love AoS otherwise you're a 1d4er!

this sounds like something a 1d4er would say...

Betting you right now they're not ever going to show up in a GW publication. They can't take LRs or regular contemptors in 30k either.

I want to start collecting Custodes specifically because of how fuckdamn sexy these dreads are, so I'm taking the fixed pose one as an insult.

Can i use medusa in ig formation? It's basically basilisk, and goes in same slot.

NOT IN THE CODEX REEEEEE
But in all seriousness, I wouldn't really care personally

Neat, thanks for the (You)s and have one in return.

that's what you want me to think, isn't it, you filthy 1d4er

New model that prevents the special rules of SoB units if that new models joins them.

Yeah right, I'm surprise we didn't got an Ork rule that SoB kill themself when withing 12" of Celestine due to self flagellations or some shit.

What's wrong with it?

Let's make a 3 datasheet codex because we hate our own company FW.

GW are retards or what?

Also Custodes vehicle with tracks... fucking assholes

Reminder that the plot progression from rt to 2e, and 2e to 3e were STILL far bigger leaps than literally anything in gathering storm and that story stagnation was a product of the old ones leaving gw staff

RAW no, ask your opponent/group. I'd be inclined to allow it but but then again I was up for allowing non guard in Valkyries RE: Castellans detachment but the GSII FAQ squatted that idea

Could someone post a brief synopsis of what happened in GS III and what new related products we received?

Do your part, vote today!
strawpoll.me/12498953

>2e to 3e were STILL far bigger leaps than literally anything in gathering storm

Blatantly false until you provide at least 16.5 examples

You mean it's not self-evident?

Nobody mentioned War Convocation which bullshit in tier "just below tournament optimized Tau". Its a rigid list but bonuses it has are extreme

In case of Warhammer? Nope, since that's how most of AoS (including almost all old WHFB armies) looks like.

500 points orks

1xwarboss
1x boys with slugga 27
1x boys with slugga 26
2x warbuggies with twin linked rocket launcher

Will go most likely against normal LSM with two squads and 1 or 2 rhino and some unknown sister of battle.

This is pretty fucking cool

New product is the triumvirate of the primarch and the fallen, which are dark angels veterans with a sprue.

Also custodes and SoS showed up which is related to the upcoming shit being discussed

What happened, did they lose their grav-tanks during the Siege of Terra?

What? 40k as it is didn't exist before 3rd

SoB no longer being marine killers is a big change.
Imperial shit like Guardsmen using Landraider a is maybe a big change.
GSC and Ork Chaos Cult was gone.
Necrons no longer Chaos androids

Out right bigger changes like fucking new god like things, exploding Cadia and bringing Primarch back is a big change.

GW has being turbo raping 2ed to 5th fluff so hard since 6th it is not even funny.

Why GW can not name a supplement as a codex? Is there any rule about it?
>"Nope, since that's how most of AoS looks like"
>14 battletomes and 4 GA = 18
>16 Warscrolls Compendiums for units that mostly have free new rules on their GW site
user, I~

>Necrons no longer Chaos androids
wut?

>2e to 3e
Having played in that era you are wrong. Most changes were simple retcons, such as with the change in character of the Orks. Actual plot progression was relatively minor and seen almost entirely in the introduction of new armies like Sisters of Battle, Necrons, and Dark Eldar. The Imperium itself changed very little.

That said, Gathering Storm hasn't really changed much YET. But it certainly has set up to do so.

P>hillipppppppppppua

Warscrolls Compendiums for units that mostly have free new rules on their GW site
Yeah and they are totally unplayable against new Battletomes.

Gonna be honest:

If the new super marines rumoured actually come out I'll be pissed.

But if they come out and are mixed gender, I'll be too busy laughing at all the female marines butthurt to be pissed.

Presumably he means necron going from emotionless robots in service of Cthulhu to lolrandom egyptians