SS13 story thread

Other urls found in this thread:

byond.com/download/
i.imgur.com/d9D82fK.jpg).
i.imgur.com/RodAGGZ.png),
pastebin.com/5jJ6E75M
youtu.be/GISnTECX8Eg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One time OP made a thread about a video game on Veeky Forums and everyone got mad at user for pointing it out.

>Be me, atmos tech
>Running around the station, optimizing things
>Clown keeps bumping into people, pulling practical jokes
>Keeps getting in my way, I'm in a hurry and tell him to fuck off
>Go to check out a leak on the top end of the station
>Looks like something's been tampered with, get suspicious, begin to make my way back to atmos
>Look through the door, see a raging plasma fire inside
>wtf.jpg
>Turn and start running to get help
>Bump into the clown on my way again
>"Get the fuck out of here!"
>Clown has teleporter in his hand
>"Uhhhh, where'd you get that?"
>Clown teleports me into the burning atmos room
>tfw I was a target
>tfw he successfully killed all 3 of his targets by teleporting them to the burning atmos room like some sort of autistic savant
>tfw it was so genius I wasn't even mad

Oh god that may have been me
I remember pulling pretty much that exact stunt, don't remember if I was the clown. Or maybe the clown was helping me, since I do remember having a traitor pal who was helping me out and teleporting people.

> Latejoin scientist
> I wonder if science has actually accomplished anything.
> Holy shit, they did. They've just built a functional telescience, and I think they're about to use it for the first time.
> Ligger scientist wants to be teleported... Somewhere.
> After he inputs the data, he asks us to do the honors.
> Also, to teleport him back immediately if he screams.
> Honestly tell him that I hope he'll die out there and teleport him.
> Wait for him to say something over the radio.
> Nothing.
> Try to teleport him back, but nothing appears on the telepad.
> Me and his partner continue trying to beam him back a few times - we get a few metal sheets and a watcher that way.
> After killing the watcher with a toolbox, we decide that we need to replicate the experiment.
> While ligger's partner stands on the telepad, curious captain and detective come by to check what the nerds are doing.
> Teleport lizard's partner and, once again, wait for response.
> Nothing.
> Trying to beam him back produces zero results.
> Captain wordlessly stands on the telepad and looks at me.
> Beam him there as well.
> Almost immediately try to beam him back.
> No results.
> At this point, curiosity is absolutely killing me. What IS THERE on the other side?
> Why other scientists wanted to get there so badly?
> Why none of the guys we've sent there spoke over the radio? Is radio dead over there? Are they dead themselves?
> I stand on the telepad myself and teleport myself after them.
> The very first thing I see is a Collossus, surrounded by bones of his victims.
> Oh f-
> Die immediately.
> Almost immediately after I die, the detective follows me and also dies.
> Then - some assistant in a EVA suit.
> And then it just goes on.

>Clown has teleporter in his hand
Teleporters don't work that way. When you set the hand tele, it teleports you there and leaves a portal afterwards.

The clown would have teleported first into the raging fire, and died because wearing a clown mask in a raging fire is not a wise idea.

This happened years ago, but it was definitely a memorable way to go. I have another story of a great Xeno round.

>Be me, playing engineer
>Get xeno round
>Oh shit, here we go, it's another "we all get fucked in the ass by xenos" round
>Everything starts going to shit, but suddenly, there is a thread of cooperation across the radio channel
>Everyone works their way down to cargo
>Anyone that can't make it dies to the Xeno hive forming in Medical
>Get 7 people in cargo, including security personnel
>Everyone gets hardsuits and rifles
>Holy shit, this is actually awesome now
>Go on a crusade across the station, exterminating Xenos and eventually reaching the hive
>Fight our way through the hive, burning all of our ammo, trying to reach the queen
>End up fighting the queen with only 3 of us left alive
>It's a pitched battle we barely make it out of alive
>I'm knocked unconscious, get dragged out and wake up in escape shuttle
>Queen was killed, but the station is fucked to shit and everyone is dead so we're gtfo
>A single tear of sadness for the men we lost, and the shuttle takes off
>Everything went better than expected

It was a couple of years ago. Pretty sure telescience on most codebases has been reworked since then.

Holy shit lol, that's great.

Hand teles haven't been significantly changed since uterus station, though.

You know what, I have no idea how he did it then. But me and every other target got BTFO with his plan

The only way to teleport someone else reliably is with a teleport gun, which is an admin only weapon. So, if it makes you feel better, the only way it could have worked is if the other guy was cheating.

On Veeky Forumsstation, atleast, the hand tele makes a portal next to the character using it, not teleporting them unless they go through the portal?

i'll copypaste OP of ss13 thread just in case

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light, medium RP Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>Why is this on muh Veeky Forums?
d20 is a server made for fa/tg/uys by fa/tg/uys

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client.
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/
A BYOND account is HIGHLY recommended

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below (Visual guide: i.imgur.com/d9D82fK.jpg).
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I'm new, and I don't know what the fuck to do. How do I swap hands?
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter, or: i.imgur.com/RodAGGZ.png), which means Out Of Character chat, and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.
There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>When does everyone play?
The server is mostly populated with Americlaps, so peak times are usually between 7pm-3am EST

>Who are these tripfags?
Usually admins/coders for the server

Miscellaneous links pastebin: pastebin.com/5jJ6E75M

youtu.be/GISnTECX8Eg

d20 station is dead.

hey now we still host some dorf every friday

I did this.

Dorf never lasts even back when we had 20 people on the regular, most of the time people run off with the suits alone and die and nothing gets built back on the station. As much as I hate it D20 has been dead for a while, even if I;m one of the last few people hanging on.

At this point, I think I'll just head back to Veeky Forums station. At least that place is populated.

Oh you want a SS13 story do you? Well here's one for ya!

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS Veeky ForumsSTATION13. THE MODS WHO SUPERVISED IT WERE FUCKING FAGGOTS WHO SHIT THEIR PANTIES WHENEVER A NON-REGULAR PLAYER FROM THEIR PERSONAL CIRCLEJERK DID ANYTHING EVEN REMOTELY FUN. MANY PLAYERS WERE BANNED UNJUSTLY, AND THE FEW THAT REMAINED WERE HUGE FUCKING FAGGOTS THEMSELVES SO EVERYONE HAD A BIG OLD FAGGOT FUCK-OFF AND PLAYED THE CUBAN PETE SONG.

Seriously, fuck that place and by proxy fuck you too, OP. And don't even try to sell me who things may have changed. I'm not falling for that shit again you fucking nigger.

d20 or tg

tg. Those guys were absolute fucking cunts. You literally could not do anything fun. One time I got murdered by security because I was minding my own business taking apart walls in an abandoned part of the station so that I could rebuild them as a gentlemen's clubhouse. I asked the admin wtf was up with that and ended up job banned for not doing my job. Fucking cunts one and all. You couldn't PAY me to play with those niggers.

Why do you assume that we are talking about fucking tgstation? It's trash and the playerbase isn't even remotely Veeky Forums.

Play paradise, vg, or bay.

TGstation is hot garbage.

vg is decent but they went into full autism bunker mode because a redditor made a video about them.

ahhh yes paradise station, the station run by fur fags

Who cares? It's bretty gud. Like I said though, there are lots of alternatives to actual shit like tg and goon.

paradise is shit, too many furfags and they refuse to run at anything above 11fps

vg is panic bunker and also has a secret repo so you cant rehost it

goon is good but >goon

tg's CODEBASE is good but the server is fucking atrocious, just fork the codebase and run your own server for it

This, is why you always pop into Genetics before messing about with telescience.

Seriously, same thing happened to me, only it wasn't a Collosus, it was the cold uncaring depths of space and the fact you don't hold still when you teleport.

D20, if there's people on don't listen to Usuallly when people bitch about how our player base was terrible, they either straight up lie or aren't telling the whole story. TG is only cancerous from what I hear.

>recommending bay
Bay is literally fucking awful, those people straight up hate fun from all my exposure to bay and baycode I don't see why you'd ever recommend it to someone.

its unfortunate i've been trying to code in some more ways to encourage people to stick closer to the station or define more established and safer routes to and from areas.

I think the biggest problem is that there's no reason to stay in an area or establish it after you've stripped it of most of the resources causing people to just roam around until they die

I've tried to encourage building by buffing RCDs to build walls, windows, floors, pipes, ect which has helped a bit at the least. Been working on trying to make defensive strategies more viable for dorf.

I'm all for ideas though.

That's easily the best dorf I've ever seen in a long time, barring all the fucking fish. and honestly, most of the issues are the players, every time I ever play, no one bothers to set up any sort of TEG room, usually leaving either me or one of the more atmos minded autists on the server to even bother to try setting it up, hell last time we played we just ran the whole station on a single pacman.

I dont have a picture of it but there was one dorf where we all got so bored we walled off the entire asteroid and tried to pressurize it simply as a lack of things to do

this was before my "everything wants to kill dorfs and the station" update where fish find the station and consequently braindeads standing around

players are majority of the issue they'll typically grab as much equipment as they can carry and die out in the middle of nowhere. we'll have to re-add telescience somehow or make the medical console give a beep boop if someone is dead or in crit.

wew I remember that, that was way the fuck back. We could easily get telescience built at least if the research crate got added back to the cargo supply list, but not sure when that's happening

adien axed the research crate because early dorfs scientists would literally take over cargo and hoard all points until they got research boards and then blaze through everything with overpowered research upgrades

frankly research is so unbalanced but so required for late game and has long needed fixing since you can just research your way to the top with shit you can print anyways

Thinking about centering all of dorf more around cargo on a buy/sell give/take kind of thing as an overhaul to cargo in general, giving almost all items points value based on its relative worth to central command

Yeah, RnD can break early dorf if the players get it early, but it's also absolutely necessary for later on in the game, because otherwise the whole round just stalls up because nobody knows where shit is on the new map, and from my last experience will probably just get eaten by space bears and gunned down by syndies in a carp swarm.

chemistry improvements so you can also make ammo without needing a chem machine in the ammolathe would also be nice
at this point im just posting ss13 stuff

assistants being able to ghetto rig gunpowder seems like a bad idea, though I don't think it's actually considered an explosive.

they would need an ammolathe or more importantly a gun to even use it anyways unless they wanted to literally roll the dice with a pipegun

from playing around with pipeguns, they're not nearly unreliable enough to really be a problem, and can be a decently effective tool if you can manufacture the ammo with it. of course if you have access to an ammolathe you have access to guns, so the pipegun is kinda pointless.

not always true but I suppose they're only effective when you're not up against better equipped enemies

was thinking about a loading bench or something for spent casings as a way to load rounds without needing an ammolathe to manufacture them

I had the bright idea of making a foam+thermite+napalm+space lube, working on the principle that 'packing in all the good stuff will really fuck someone up'.

As the traitor, I snuck up on my target with grenade in hand, and flung it at him - then ran around the corner. Seconds passed, and nothing happened: I went back, wondering if it'd wor-

The resulting explosion destroyed a quarter of the station. I slipped when I tried to flee the wave of foam, was set on fire, and thrashed around burning to death.

reminds me of the time I though I was being clever with my first toxins bomb, I tried putting super heated plasma in an oxygen tank to try and disguise my true intentions, but completely forgot to take out the oxygen in the tank, and ended up gibbing myself with a 4 dev explosion.

>talking random shit with nernums about his silane reagent
>whenever any amount is spilled on the floor creates a 1 light radius explosion no matter what
>put it into smoke and cause local complete fuckery to every tile inside it and instantly kill people by virtue of hundereds of broken explosions
>talk about the on_turf effect
>he gets the idea for spray foods
>devises spray meat, spray cheese, and spray bread
>reagent when spilled like silane just spawns its respective food item
>decided that combining all three of them makes "spray sandwich"
>wants a way for "spray toasted sandwich"
>tell him just fuck it add welding fuel
>it is done
>experiment with new stuff
>spraying food all around with spray can
>bright idea to make a smoke greande of spray meat
>oh my god literally hundereds of pieces of meat everywhere
>the best idea
>put confetti and all of the spray foods into one beaker with potassium
>sugar and phosporus to complete smoke reaction in other
>lag entire server by spawning thousands of entities from a single grenade

Well, the only way I can see you having access to ammo but no guns is if you're playing science, which is the only people who don't have immediate access to a firearm but immediate access to ammo because the ammolathe board isn't in a lockbox. Cargo can just order guns and if they really want, can build an ammolathe for it. Sec obviously has access to the armory, and anybody who swipes the ammo from the armory has access to all the guns inside. The only ammo that isn't locked up is all that nugget food, but why be a lazy shit and not just walk two tiles more to grab a better gun instead?

that's the problem got to think of a way for people to be able to ghetto this shit without throwing balance of pillar roles starting better equipped out the window

No, he is correct. Up until 2015 or so handtele did not immediately teleport the user. Using it just opened a portal on a tile where you were standing, and you had to manually step into it to be teleported.
Immediate teleportation on use screwed up the handtele pretty bad. It was an incredibly useful tool which allowed one to quickly transport a lot of items (teleport singulo parts to a patch of space just outside the escape, assemble the accelerator and start a singulo right when the shuttle arrives, all in a couple of minutes), kill or trap enemies, or even as a makeshift barrier you can instantly deploy to block the escape path after yourself or provide cover during a firefight. It was an incredibly dangerous thing in the hands of a skilled user.
Now you can teleport yourself, and that's it. I guess some tg coder got spaced by a traitor and decided to nerf it.