Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Divine Matriarchy Edition

What have you done to combat the rampant patriarchy and sexism that inundates Golarion as a setting? How many Misogyny Demons have you slaughtered in the name of Equality?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

I just found out about misogyny demons yesterday incidentally.

Holy fuck, I don't wanna play this cuck game anymore.

I even saw that there was a ftm trans lesbian interracial couple in wrath of the righteous.

Gross.

Er, mtf.

Rate my wizard

I married a Drow.

Someone explain how the fuck Betrothed pulses work, because this looks like some bullshit. Am I reading this right if I assume that if me and my companion both pick up +2 longswords, and both have Power Attack with 18 Str, we'll deal halved flat damage if we apply Aether Channel to the weapon? I know it's supposed to be a "sidegrade" archetype, but the math for this looks retarded.

The ass was too fat.

I'm dying inside

>not already dead inside

>I might run a /pfg/ tournament, and the last six survivors get to be the party in a new campaign. Everybody who loses in the tournament votes gets a vote for who gets to stay as we move up the ladder!

This sounds cool.
But how the hell do you balance pvp and not make this a 'player who optimizes hardest wins' affair?

>But how the hell do you balance pvp and not make this a 'player who optimizes hardest wins' affair?

It's called "putting on a good show."

Back in the day, people wanted the gladiator that made a good sport of the thing, rather than the one who could eviscerate a slave in two seconds flat.

Don't let anyone have prep and removing a few spells levels the playing field hugely. Also hardcore PvP build optimization are a lot different than normal "campaign breaker" builds. I already know my bet is gonna include a hyper stealth hide in plain sight dampen presence goblin bullshit.

Last time I played PvP that was my bet. Ended up having a wizard who though he'd just blow me up with AoE blasting but lol evasion.

Yes, let's say you both have 2d6 pulses.
Power attack with 18 strength 2handed +2 means maybe (1d8+14) damage.

Aether channel will do 2d6 + (1d8+14)*0.5 per hit

It's a way to make sure you don't outdo characters that are only one person.
That said... I think it's a clunky way to do it.

It's not an actual tournament, user. It's a vote tournament. Your application has to impress the most people. I'll determine the initial rounds winners, but from then on, if your app impresses the most other people, they each get a good vote.

The twist is that it's a team tournament, and you will randomly receive a partner before you get in.

PvP how?
What?
Suddenly want to duel, kill each other or just punch the other

>We get a partner

Is it a sexy tournament?

The fact that i've got Rinka able to deal 15d6 damage at level 5 entertains me to no end.

For not utilizing flat damage bonuses from bloodlines, thats pretty good nuking.

>Player optimises for sniping and stealth
>Oneshots the opponent before they get to do anything

>Neither have put on a good show
>If anything, the person who fired put on a better show
>Only alternative is disqualifying them both, or letting the opponent win by default even if they may have potentially pulled off something equally bullshit if they went higher in initiative

Now what?

I like it! I like it a lot!

>oh boy, I can't wait to spend twice the resources to maybe almost be as effective as ONE GUY who spent a feat to get a familiar!

Where do I sign up?

That makes much more sense.

And sounds fun.
What if I would want to join because the tournament is fun but wouldn't really want to play the actual game if I got in

It means everyone watching the tournament throw a bitch fit about wanting the guy to come back or "give him another chance."

>mfw Tournament
>mfw Partners

I need a Snorlax to my Pikachu.

The weird balancing point is, you have to remember that unless you're spending gold (which you don't need to because the Betrothed companion gets a truckload of Big 6 bonuses automatically), the double resources you get are free.

You're not spending three more feats than you normally would, because the archetype just GIVES you those extra three feat slots free.

Well i believe you're wong

> Randomly assigned partners
>TFW I get assigned 2hu or DHB and get BTFO because people hate my partner

>2hu and DHB get partnered together to create a HATE NEXUS

I need a Drake for my Josh.

A BIGGIE TO HIS SMALLS!

So I actually built an entire high level tournament for my players once. All the gladiators were supposed to be about stupid gimmicks.

My favorite was when one of the players went up against what they thought as a Dragon Rider. Then the guy got off the dragon at the start of the fight. Then he turned into a dragon. God damn it was good.

Some of the others were:
>The Oid Boys, a goblin/hobgoblin/bugbear trio of Perform Comedy combat bards using Urban Step and Robes of Many Things Door/Window patches to create jump points
>Korgren Ren, Lord of Waves, was an abyssal bloodline sorcerer with the "create a fuck huge amount of water" ability. He had two sharks, one an animal companion and the other a mount. He flooded the arena and rode around on his sharks.
>Taal'Re, Master of the Seeing Hand, was a demagogue bard that at the beginning of the fight used "insight riot" to get the crowd to rush the arena.
>Taal'Ke, Master of the Gripping Eye, a cultist warpriest who fucking hated Taal'Re, his entire fight was about strangling/darkening the arena
>The Dancing Man, a magus with 5 dancing swords who would start them flying at the start of the fight and juggle the swords
>Ardovan Vallain and The Grey Glitter, a massive souped-up mithral golem called 'The Grey Glitter' and its smith who rides around in a toddler harness on its chest. He would use anti-magic field and have the Grey Glitter use him as a Adamantine Improvised Weapon (wearing Adamantine armor)

Ok a question
Take a man
Dig him halfway underground
He is waist down in ground
Cast "Create Pit" next to him
What happens?

THE SIMON TO HIS GARFUNKEL!

Please let people pick their partners if they want. That way we can actually get some decent paired apps instead of the usual.

>even more attention whoring and popularity contests
STOP

FUCKING STOP

if he's in the radius of the pit he falls to the bottom

Fund it.

THE FAT MAN TO HIS LITTLE BOY!

THE THUNDER TO HIS LIGHTNING!

THE SMASH TO HIS FLASH!

But!
"You must create the pit on a horizontal surface of sufficient size. Since it extends into another dimension, the pit has no weight and does not otherwise displace the original underlying material."
Does his lower body not count as "underlying material"?

you can't obliterate someone with create pit, stop trying.

>goes to "/pfg/ - Attention Whoring and Popularity Contest"
>complains when there's attention whoring and popularity contests.
You're the type of person who walks into a restaurant and gets angry that the other guests aren't eating vegan food, aren't you?

user please, what does this look like? Kintargo?

I am not saying that
I am saying that his lower body is still there, under the create pit space

The betrothed is a very interesting archetype to build: if you focus on dealing damage it will be a difficult and uphill process to surpass what a normal avowed could do, but that's the trap.
I get the feeling that in other aspects, the sheer utility and versatility of having two characters with full PC capabilities and avowed class features, potentially built for completely different purposes, means you can blow the base avowed away in quite a few areas.

You'll need a decent amount of system mastery to take full advantage of that, though.

What level does this tournament start at?

For some reason I feel like this should be a high-level thing, maybe 11 or even 13!

Obelix to his Asterix.

>vegan
Fuck no. I may be scum, but fuck that. I can barely comprehend how someone can be vegetarian.

>/pfg/ - Dark Souls General
I'd be okay with this.

>mfw tried to Dark Souls it up with Dragons 2
>mfw didn't get in

>combating the patriarchy

Why fight that when the real threat is DEMONS.

We need to build an army, doesn't matter what kind if it gets the job done, and we need to go into the Abyss, and we need to end it.

But user, why not do a universe mash up tournament where you can only use characters rejected from a pfg game?

See the problem was you use The Crestfallen guy.

Shoulda went Black Iron Tarkus

I'd like to see that.

You could even call it "The Glory of Loser."

I was going to go 120% Ornstein when Avowed was allowed, but since I couldn't get Elemental I was kind of left without any wind in my sails.

How the hell did I forget about Black Iron Tarkus, he would've been perfect.

Orstein doesn't even make sense as an Avowed.

Do applicants to bamboozles count? I want Materian Capio to have another chance in the ring.

Well, here's hoping the GM for HV is a fan of Dark Souls 2...

Ah, who am I kidding, no one liked Dark Souls 2.

>how someone can be vegetarian

Modern civilization and food supplementation allows for dietary practices that would simply not have been possible in the ages of our ancestors. I'm no vegetarian myself (I need my pepperoni pizza), but I understand just fine.

Don't get me wrong, I've heard the horror stories, but if someone wants to do their little part to live in some strange idea of harmony with the animals, who am I to complain? They could be doing far worse things with their lives.

Is that like her skin or

I was the guy who applied with the crestfallen dude.
I regret not going with Siegmeyer or Patches like I intended.

>Orstein doesn't even make sense as an Avowed.

Avowed (Elemental) using Aether Channel on a longspear fits him pretty well.

Im not the DM but Id say yes. Means I could brush off the Trigger Twins

creighton is a pretty girl.

And that's honestly my biggest gripe. Because you don't actually appear to give much up for the companion, you and the companion are then kneecapped to compensate. I look at it and don't really see "jolly cooperation", I see "two NPCs trying to split a real class between them". It's a cool idea, but it just ends up looking more like a headache and a bag of frustration for everyone involved, rather than a fun archetype to bring to a game.

>Ah, who am I kidding, no one liked Dark Souls 2.

The Pursuer, Sir Alonne and Burnt Ivory King would make fantastic character inspirations.

I mean Fluffwise, it doesn't really make sense. Elementals don't really exist in Dark Soul's verse as far as I'm aware. Orstein doesn't say anything when he does stuff either, unlike an Avowed who has verbal components.

You're in charge of deciding which DHB app DHB actually applies with in "The Glory of Loser", the rest of them will be NPCs like the rest of the dead apps.

Who do you choose? Why?

I liked Dark Souls 2. I liked Pate better though.

Silent Recitation makes it mental, and the fluff isn't so important as the end-product being a zippy lightning mouse with a big-ass spear whose lightning powers are an inherent part of the being's soul rather than some magical byproduct.

>What is refluffing
>What is Silent Recitation feat

The Pursuer is great, but I feel he honestly functions better as a recurring enemy then as a PC.

Sir Alonne and BIK I agree with though.

Aaaaaaaah. Why though?

Why be lightning at all then if you can just refluff him stabbing at shooting lightning?

I have a soft spot for shameless pricks.

What do you feel would improve it, or can you figure out why you think that's a problem?

It's still early playtest for A2 so changes aren't out of the question at all.

Except I finished Dark Souls 2 but gave up on Dark Souls 3 at the poison swamp

>gave up at the poison swamp
You're missing out, senpai.

Because you actually need to be doing lightning to target electric vulnerability or bypass DR.

Whether or not you're related to an elemental means fuckall for game mechanics.

Well, can't fault you for taste. I honestly sided with Cr8 cause I like his voice more.

>Lightning mouse

So I'm hearing ratfolk

Because Avowed with Aether Channel is a solid boost to a martial, and Elemental Lightning is just as effective as Elemental Cold?

Lost patience with the game
I think two dark souls was as much as I could in the end care for

Except a Warlord with Eflux and Gestaled with a Sphere Caster with Improved Energy Blade does the same thing with less Re-fluffing and no wasted feat on re-fluffing.

You're alright by my book.

Why not take E-Flux alongside Avowed (Elemental?)

You missed Abyss Watchers, the most fun fight in your first playthrough!

That's true, they are both valid methods.

Elemental Avowed definitely comes online earlier for permanently-active lightning damage, but on the other hand Warlord is just... more suited for a martial in general for obvious reasons.

>modern
Pretty sure Hindus have aspired to have vegetarian diet pretty much forever. Not to mention that meat was a luxury in agrarian societies around the globe - unless you were wealthy, your diet would be mostly vegetarian in any case.

You know, if and when the tournament becomes a thing we can find out which is best!

The world would be a better place if we restricted red meat consumption to once a week, if not once every two weeks.

Honestly, I don't even know and after the last discussion involving watching "I sure wish I could go full drakenguard at mid levels" get repeatedly shouted down am starting to wonder why I even care. The devs already said what their vision for the archetype was, and that it wasn't actually supposed to be anything like a traditional "companion archetype" save the "you have two character sheets for it now" portion. It does its job of being "The Waifu Archetype" and I guess that's good.

JUST TAKE GUARDIAN SPIRIT

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Which character that made it into a /pfg/ game are you still salty about?

What clue was it?

MEMEDOG
E
M
E
D
O
G

>Not twice a day

You lost me.

every single one that isn't mine.

There was a skeleton with a glass bead in its eye, eventually leading to the invaded glassworks. It wasn't described to Friday.

Astartes

Its a damn lewd game. What the fuck.