Rolled 21 (1d26)

Talons of the Emprah 40box edition
FFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOORGE WWWOOOOOOORLD! subedition

>THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Finished some tacticals today. What have you been working on this week?

The fuck happened to that guy's jaw?

Almost finished, just need to clean the backpack mouldlines

always though these images were pretty ridiculous since it's not the drugs causing half the symptoms, it's immunodeficiency causing viruses like HIV and Herpes along with malnutrition.

Also I claim this thread for the XVIII

I know the scheme's a bit off, but how reasonable would it to have an Iron Hands force like this?

I stripped a boxnought so I can field them as mortis dreads.

Now I need a bigger container so I can dump an entire land raider in for stripping.

>tfw you get into OP

>How much of an army is that without having to add extra bits?

About everything you listed.

I'd really invest in some bits. Get 3 extra MkIV legs or, say, DA robed legs. Put the spare MkIV torsos on them and use them for Apothecaries. Make 1 MkIV blob and 1 MkIII blob. Put apothecaries in them. Get extra missile launchers and make a MkIV heavy support squad. Get some extra plasma guns and make a plasma gun support squad with the 3rd apothecary. Give them a Rhino.

Make a 5 man Tartaros squad in a Phobos (or tartaros praetor with a tartaros bodyguard) and a 6 man Cataphractii squad on foot. Alternatively convert one cataphractii into a primus medicae and put him into a unit of 5 for some extra survivability. Get a spare kheres and make the Contemptor into a Mortis variant.

If you don't plan on using the Custodes, Sisters and named BoP characters, sell them to fun your bits purchases.

Yeah, in addition to what the drugs were cut with.

Red bolter's bit weird.

Don't get triggered if everyone assumes you are playing unfinished iron warriors

Krokodil does.

Should be oilier.

>cleaning moldlines AFTER painting
Wut.

Hey knightanon, nice imperial fists.

In all seriousness it looks like an iron warrior picked up a dark angels bolter.

Weather cooperated and I managed to get well over half of what's in the pic primed and ready for paint, currently fucking about with test models. I should have some pics of the test models by next thread since my phone's screen replacement gets done today.

For those who didn't see the write up when it was originally posted, both 10-blocks and the 3 5-blocks on the left, plus terminators are magnetized. the box in front is all the weapon swaps.

First time with green stuff, I only bought it after having painted them

>fixing moldlines with greenstuff

Making slow progress on my vet squad

generally you just use a scraper or the edge of a knife. if it's only the one squad I wouldn't worry about it, just keep them in the back of whatever squad they're used in, and pay more attention during assembly next time.

A Dangels player? You're rare as fuck around here.

MkII legs are just getting skinnier by the day. 70's bell-bottoms > 80's cocaine fueled skinny jeans.

I like the style. I'd play DA for the aesthetic but the fluff and autismo primarch ruined it for me.

>implying that the fluff you don't like is canon
Doing it wrong.

So I have armor autism but not bolted autism

How butt hurt will people be if I source my combi weapons and some of my plasmaguns from stern guard and tac squads

Imperial Fists are yellow, aren't they?

Depends how lenient your definition is.

not very triggered, AFAIK there's a 40k bolter somewhere in one of the books, I'm using one of the ultramarine honorguard metal bolters on one of my tacs.

The damn backpack is in two pieces, thus I try to fix their shitty design with green stuff

I have one of these lying around. Should I make a loyalist DG praetor out of him? file off the crux and swap storm bolter for a volkite charger.

Would gold trim look out of place on iron hands?

Planning to do a normal black scheme with silver trim, and then use gold trim on artificer armor.

You should be able to stretch it out to 2000 points if you take the Pride of the Legion rite of war and run the tacticals as vets or support squads. But footsloggers do poorly in 30k.

It's a joke; a guy here known as knightanon tried recreating the early Crusade IF scheme (gray with just a bit of yellow) but with bronze instead of yellow, so they looked like Iron Warriors.

>footsloggers do poorly in 30k

This'll sound silly, but are you suggesting more Nuln Oil?

Yeah, I've been following the lore and stuff since the beginning but only just got enough disposable income to justify some toy soldiers. I've got enough unpainted plastic and resin for 1500 point ZM games. Just need to assemble and paint them.

Yeah they do look pretty silly, I do like the segmented legs though, look proper knightly and match DAs quite well.

Thanks, desu I like the fact that the Lion is actually flawed with no way to make it someone else's fault, can't blame turbo autism on the emperor, nails in the brain or tzeentch. Plus I like the fluff, outwardly they are are sort of imperial fist templars: the legio,n but in reality they have more than a bit of alpha legion in them.

How many mk6 suits can you build with a tac box?

In the book with Salamanders. An Ultima pattern combi-flamer is shown.

About 2 or 3. Better to splurge on the FW kit, what lemon you making?

There's 4 legs, 3 heads, 2 torsos and 1 pair of pads. From what I can tell, at least.

What do you guys use for combi-plas/melta on your termis? Ive been filing and cutting plasma pistols to fit where the second bolter would go.

I'm putting my marksman vets in mk6 armor. Mk6 is quieter and in short supply so it'd make sense for out flanking vets to have it.

The pads I can make easily enough by taking mk7 pads and putting studs on them.

And since Bop and BaC apparently come with extra torsos I can put those on the mk6 legs. Maybe not the mk3 ones, but mk4 should look fine.

Sounds pretty good, what legion you making?

Oh, and I only need 4 suits of it for now anyway. Since the Sgt is rocking artificerd up mk2 armor. I can make one of them bare headed or give him a mk4 helmet maybe if theres only 3 mk6 helmets.. Layer on I might want more veys.

>will he ever stop

Iron hands. My tac squads are all mk3, tac support is mk4. All my sets are in mk2 artificer. Don't currently have any heavy weapon squads because I use tanks and dreads for that.

Plastic phobos bolter can easily replace the left side with a plasma pistol. Trim the coils a little to fit the lug on top of the right side that slots into the left side of the combi-bolter and it's golden. Even the back of the pistol fits nicely with the back of the phobos and the muzzle reaches the front of the bolter. I'm sure you could try and use inferno pistols and hand flamers for it as well, but I haven't tried. You can always do a cast of the BaC cataphractii captain's combi-melt piece and put them on phobos combi-bolters.

Another quick and dirty conversion for combis is just to use a storm bolter or CSM combi-bolter and cut half of the muzzle off. This empty space can be used to slot various muzzles. Combi-plasma can be made from a legion plasma pistol muzzle or using space muzzles from BaC MkIV combi-weapon parts. For the storm bolter I suggest the SM captain/sternguard one with the single magazine or a drum magazine ones with a single sided drum. To it'll look like there's just a single bolter barrel being fed. The twin-magazine and double-sided drum looks off.

Haven't played around with the tigrus combi, but the boxlike look of it would suggest that a storm bolter style conversion should work equally well, if you cover the exposed barrel and ejection port, and replace the drum with maybe a fuel canister.

>inb4 "Stop being a poorfag and sink £8.50 per combi-weapon from FW."

MkIV pads are easier to convert, since the trim is so much thinner and they got studded pads.

>mk4 should look fine

MkIV and VI torsos are totally different.

I know they're different but what I mean is that mk3 armor is totally unsuited for outflanking while mk4 would be fine. Mk6 is rare like mk8 is today and it's not uncommon to see just a few pieces of it rather than a full suit.

FTFY

>Mk6 is rare

How so? They were prototypes before the Heresy and complete suits and their production capabilities were evacuated from Mars on the outset of the Heresy. Loyalists got them from there, traitors from Alpha Legion.

>it's not uncommon to see just a few pieces of it rather than a full suit.

Mixing pieces was not that common during the Heresy when new suits could be made fresh out of factories. You don't have to upkeep precious relics of a bygone era, you field repair what you can and if the suit's busted, get issued a new one.

Nugrle dubs confirm not.

>by the time Angelus is released he will have a full legion

While the monopose contemptor looks shit, I kinda envy 40k custodes for their ability to take land raiders.

Here's a combi-melta. Pretty easy to cut the combibolter half off from the magazine to the barrel and stick whatever weapon to the magazine.

I thought the suits rescued from Mars in Mechanicum were Mk IV. It's fairly clear that there wasn't much Mk VI in existence; the Raven Guard loved it, and even they didn't have enough for everyone.

And there are definitely examples of mismatched armor in the FW color plates.

The minotaurs called, they want their tanks back.

Death Guard user please tell me your secrets. This shit takes forever.

ogryn

Just got to buy a sentinel squadron for my militia, unless I can think of some way to do multi-laser rapiers without solar auxilia in them.

Mk5 is literally mismatched armor with some custom parts. Lots of marines were equipped like that.

Pallas grav tanks shits on it.

>40k Custodes look like the old art with a golden Contemptor instead of a big Custodian, Rhinos and Land Raiders
>30k Custodes get OC donut steel hover tonks and dick bikes

I can only hope FW gets their heads out of their asses.

kek

Get all your bits on the table, remove mold lines from all of them and then assemble.

>I thought the suits rescued from Mars in Mechanicum were Mk IV.

Nope, they were MkVI in the old fluff and they're MkVI in the current fluff. For example Book 6, under Knight-Errant entry, I believe, mentions their recovery during the Schism and they're MkVI there.

>[citation needed]

The Pallas isn't an assault tank. That's literally the only reason to bring a Land raider.

>Get all your bits on the table
I think I have too many bits in my table.

Pic related

>got hold of some marines for cheap
>all assembled and sprayed gold
>current thousand sons not metallic
>tempted to take advantage and paint them metallic

damn.

>Apply red gloss
>done

NOT CANON NOT CANON

NOT

CANON

yes your table must be too big

Every time I look at Blackshield armors... Helmet, Blackpack and Shoulder pads I can understand mismatch. But how the fuck can it have half X half Y mismatched pants?

You mean like mk4 left leg and mk2 right leg? Apparently it is doable but hard as fuck, only iron hands techmarines have managed to combine mk4 and mk2/3 so far.

That implies that Marks II and III can be easily mixed, and IV, V (if there is a V), and VI can be easily mixed. But if you cross that divide between III and IV, things get hard.

>But how the fuck can it have half X half Y mismatched pants?

Personally I find the sprue nubs far more painful.

Why does hhg seem to attract so many pol retards?
Most pol retards are too poor from wasting money on a combination of oxy and (more) guns to afford FW, while using Obamacare and at the same time screeching how he was the devil

Cool so that shows mixer armor. Guess I'm fine for mixing IV and VI.

how big a deal is atixking to eatablished patterns.
Ive seen this jetbike conversion and personally vastly prefer it to the FW dickbikes and was thinking of using it.

How open are you guys with 'Traitor IC in loyalists' and vice versa with 'same rules, different name' for gaming purpose?

>Complains about pol
>Becomes pol

How horrifying.

>setting based around a xenophobic, witch burning regime of ultra-nationalistic religious nutjobs who worship an immortal leader and kill and maim in his name anyone who isn't with them
>most popular army is literal übermenschen with superior genes
>black skin is a genetic defect
>"I don't get it, what does /pol/ see in this?"

They've gotta spend the neet bucks on something, if you spend all yout time fighting democracy rent free in mums basement with all the tendies you can eat the cash starts to pile up.

Since 30k is basically 1930s Germany plus manifest destiny it appeals to them.

that's a lot of falsehoods and assumptions in one sentence user, might be time for bed.

Go nuts, but they count as Traitors. So if I was rocking Decima Undefeated (For some reason that I cannot currently think of) then I expect that his Hatred(Traitors) to apply to them if no other, same way as PE(Independent Characters) also applies to units with indeps in them. Doesn't come up much, especially with Reductor's all generics list save Calleb, but just to keep it consistent. Otherwise, homebrew and custom all you want, I have a custom Scoria counts-as planned myself, even if my army is Traitors.

>now this is podlacing

>podlacing

Looks brutal and suitably astartes. I like it, might fit mk2 or mk3 armour better than mk4.

I posted this last thread, tl;dr is go nuts from a fluff point of view but on table top they count as traitors.

>IMO bending the rules to fit your fluff is pretty bad, if your trying to deny me using the 'Hatred: Traitors' rule because your using a DG force lead by snowflake, loyalist not-Typhon then I'll be pissed off.

>You are free to create new loyalist fluff and use his rules for your loyalist guy but on the table top it counts as a traitor army so I'm getting my hatred benefits and no allying with custodes.

but it also has white skin as a genetic defect.

>albinism isn't a genetic defect

It's weird how the one that talks about a mk5 respirator is cobbled together from lots of different armor patterns huh

I'm not talking about albinism.
like the slamanders raven guard have a defective Melanchromic Organ. Theres5 is just always off instead of always on makeing them the only white marines.

I'm not a fan. Faction alignment is an important part of this game, so you'd be messing with a significant character trait. Among a group of friends homebrew is usually fine, but I wouldn't spring it on people at events.

>hey, this respirator unit on this cobbled together suit would later become part of the MkV helmet
>TOTALLY PROVES MKV = COBBLED TOGETHER FRANKENSUIT

This is now the most grasping of straws I've seen.

Looking at all the consul options I might as well just start mass converting nuncio-voxes because it seems like everyone and their dog gets one

It's only Japanese and Korean that don't differentiate between l and r.