Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTf5j9LDObk&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bruh don’t you understand crypto-economics:

>buy crypto
>shit on fiat
>tell your friends to buy crypto and shit on fiat
>they tell their friends to buy crypto and shit on fiat
>this process continues making all the early adopters richer and richer until crypto late adopters are left holding the fiat bag

You might think this is a pyramid scheme, but if crypto actually ends up working as a currency, then it might actually work out even if our economies collapse due to hoarding

this cannot end well...

Lmao I’m at $50k already and don’t plan on cashing out for at least a year

We’ll see...

I don't care. I haven't had this much fun in ages

>taking out $1000 CAD at a BTC ATM when some mid-thirty/early-forty professionals come in to look at the machine
>one of them see that I have a receipt, asks if I just put in cash and had a paper wallet printed
>he looks confused when I tell him I'm waiting for a sale to be verified
>"Wouldn't you want to be keeping that right now?"
>smile and tell him that it would depend on when one enters the market
>he quietly nods and they shuffle out of the shop

Started with $2k just a couple months ago, at nearly $8k now and I feel like I'm behind everyone else. If I don't have $20k by end of 1st quarter 2018 I'll feel like a loser. I'm not the smartest man here but I'm no brainlet either. Maybe I'm just too risk averse to catch the real moon shots. Even still, I feel like long term I'm going to make it. Feels pretty good.

This

dont think too much, bubbles are great

I started with $7k last winter and I'm at $300k, still feel like I'm behind everyone else.

Don't worry I think it's natural. Will probably stay with us for life unless we make the big billion

i started with 3k, am at about 75k

i too feel way behind... i made zero gains in oct and november :(

Serious q, how did you make zero gains in oct and nov unless you were trading?

Everything has gone up.

by not holding bitcoin

clearly you are new if you think everything went up in oct and nov, that was blood bath for alts

So I'm... Dumb for buying in?

been holding since august 16, mainly alts and 1btc.

diversified portfolio + looking at fiat + btc gains is important

Same here. where the fuck is this money coming from?

Th-thanks anons... hope I catch up

So the "money" you see on coinmarketcap is bullshit. There is no 300B dumped into bitcoin, that's just the total number of bitcoins times what the last guy paid for it

If everyone sells BTC all of a sudden, the price will absolutely not stay at 19k, and thus the "market cap" of 300B will vanish

X buys 1 BTC for $1
Y buys 1 BTC for $10
The market cap is $20 but only $11 has actually been spent

Market cap is bullshit

Normies FOMO'ing and the normies from last week's family and friends

This shit might continue like this for a while

We might actually be at the top of the world's largest pyramid scheme in history

feels good man

this. The more people who get in the Ponzi, the more oldfags make
youtube.com/watch?v=KTf5j9LDObk&app=desktop

In red
So long
Play catch up

>Invest in something
>Investment gets popular
>Freaks the fuck out because of some half-remembered anecdote about a shoeshine boy.

You can just tell that OP has the weakest of hands. He will never make it.

but isn't this the same as stocks? just swap out btc I think your example with a traditional stock and the same is true, no?

marketcap is therefore a reference point, as you can compare the dotcom marketcap to the crypto one, for example

Yes, it's exactly the same as stock. The last Coca Cola stock sold for n, so n times the total number of issued stock is used as a shorthand calculation for Coke's net worth.

Of course, if all of those stocks went to market at the same time, the reality would be far lower.

It's often telling with the way people criticise crypto, just how little they actually understand about economics.

Yup. It’ll slow down eventually as fiat loses value, and then they’ll have to reset shit or something

One alt did juuuuuust fine

FUCKING THIS!!
MARKET CAP IS A MEME, THWT MONEY DOESNT REALLY EXIST
ITS JUST THE AMOUNT OF COINS X THE LAST PRICE SOME NIGGER USING A STOLEN CREDIT CARD PAID
STOP PAYING STTENTION TO MARKETCAP, DOESNT MEAN SHITTTT

no lol, prices will increase if no one is working -> better put your money into goods instead of keeping it in money