So, why don't you have a little girl in your party?

So, why don't you have a little girl in your party?

You need one to help balance it out. Add contrast. Insight from a new perspective. Marketability. Personality. Spunk. Gumption.

Charisma.

I can understand if no one wants to play as one, but there's no excuse to not at least have an NPC follow you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U3NoDEu7kpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

having to deal with a year's worth of obsessive Veeky Forums loliposting has permanently turned me off of the idea in a big way
which is a shame, it honestly seems like it could work in certain circumstances

It only works if Kentaro Miura does it.
I am not Kentaro Miura.

The idea you should have one in every group is obviously stupid, but I'm in a few games involving young women of various sorts.

One is a magical girl game so, y'know, par for the course.

Another is a D&D 4e game where our Sorceror is a tiny but ferocious dragon sorc who is alternately cute and terrifying, which is rather fun.

In another 4e game which sadly recently died a couple of the PCs had daughters, some adopted, some biological.

In our next campaign someone rolled garbage stats and is going to be a little witch lady and just make potions.
And sell me necromancer potions to buff up my undead minions.
They said they're going to probably not even be in combat.

Because putting a young child like that in danger is a very much not paladin thing to do.

I'm playing a younger character in my current campaign with a Paladin bodyguard. He's very protective of me!

The entirety of my favorite Disney song sums it up in its entirety.

youtu.be/U3NoDEu7kpg

How small do you have to be to be 'little'? My half-elf sorceress isn't quite five feet.

That's what Gnomes are for.

So, why don't you have a older woman in your party?

You need one to help balance it out. Add contrast. Insight from a new perspective. Marketability. Personality. Amiability. Experience.

Wisdom.

I can understand if no one wants to play as one, but there's no excuse to not at least have an NPC follow you.

That's what old Gnomes are for.

>Spunk.
Oh, yes, she gets that.

Gnomes are a literal meme race.

Better than halflings.

sauce?

tamagoro funi funi

What if I HAVE a loli, only its actually a hag cursed to stay in the body of a little girl?

>curse
>when they're always in a perfect disguise

My wife's underage sister is a player in our group. Does that count?

>having to deal with Veeky Forums

Go outside.
Read a book.
Start a band with your friends.
Eat hummus with them.

explain.

I've played a ghost who fancied herself the guardian of a town and looked after her great-great-great-great-great grandson who was monster hunter.

I had her act like an overbearing grandmother. It was fun playing up the sort of family dynamic. She basically new everything there was about the town, and would always love to tell stories about stuff she'd seen over the centuries.

Had to drop her after Gods kept trying to fuck with her and by proxy our party

I once played a bitter old dwarf woman who's husband and son had been killed in a Drow raid when she was younger

So, why don't you have a buff man in your party?

You need one to help balance it out. Add contrast. Insight from a new perspective. Marketability. Personality. Spunk. Yaranaika.

Strength.

We have a little boy in a dress, who happens to be my PC, does that count?

I see you have entered my magical realm.

Only if you also have a burly man to help the lad get buff through regular protein shakes.

LOS! LOS! LOS!

Me and my fiancee are in a 5e game now where she plays a young girl (11 years old, human, thief rogue with urchin background) and I play an elf paladin oath of the ancients (folk hero background). My character has adopted her basically and it leads to funny situations in game like the time we stated at the inn and she had been in a contest with the dwarf barbarian to see who could go longest without bathing resulting in my elf hauling her off over his shoulder to inn's bath and dropping her in with her clothes on while she wails about losing the 5 copper bet.

lol

op you clearly dont have a little girl in your life. As a father settibg aside how I dont want my child in the way of danger, If I and my friends were going "adventuring" the last thing I want is a little girl (or little boy for that matter) along with me.
>pointless in melee combat
>cant carry enough provisions for themselves
>easily tired on long walks
>get bored easy
>will be a target if you give them a .22 rifle in modern conflict
>doesnt have many skills
>often loud
>easily scared
>easily scarred
>none of the camp follower's benifits, unless you are a total piecevof shit that deserves to torn apart and beaten mercilessly and left for dead alone.

Op your Loli fantasy is best kept out of rpg fantasy.
Children are terrible road companions for anything but vacations.

>pointless in melee combat
evade bonus to size. can distract.
>cant carry enough provisions for themselves
don't need much provisions anyway.
>easily tired on long walks
easily carried in long walks. unlike dwarfs who are heavy and while not getting tired, slows the party down to their short feet.
>get bored easy
gets interested easy.
>will be a target if you give them a .22 rifle in modern conflict
size bonus to hide
>doesnt have many skills
bonus point at level up cause children learn faster
>often loud
gets fame easy
>easily scared
fear is what tells us of dangers. notices dangers sooner.
>easily scarred
rp value.

its a fantasy, don't bring rl mech into itt.

This is why I play a witch.
Simultaneously at any time she is a little girl, an old lady, and a milf.

She's the hacker.

No one suspects a little girl of being smarter than a little girl. And most people want to help one out, so she's a good distraction. Not to mention shorter and thus can hide more easily.

Sewer people like you are why I don't what little girls in my games.

An elf can be both.

after a while in adventuring people would hear about her tough. also, the fact people don't take her seriously can be counterproductive.

No, fuck you. It doesn't work with him at all.

Who says I don't?

>i play with pedophiles
your inmates, right?

>having a kid distract your enemies

>not feeding the kid properly

>want to carry all your gear and a kid, with whatever gear they are carrying

>still doesn't solve the problem of becoming bored

Yeah alright they might be able to hide and take snapshots in a modern/scifi game. Especially if you camo them up.

>implying this is a long term investment that's worth taking

>implying your group wouldn't be seen as irresponsible for putting a child in danger

>implying most children wouldn't point out relatively harmless things, thus wasting our time, or alert truly scary enemies, thus putting us in danger

>In addition to being a child, now we have a child with mental breakdowns. Wonderful

>having a kid distract your enemies
Hey, if Batman can get away with it.

>be little girl
>play little girl characters no problem

it's fucking simple you donks

Batman is not a good guy. Not anymore, at least.

In either case, I think a halfling would do the job better, and be more able to hurt the enemy if they ignored the character.

I'm not sure that we're the same group - fiancee doesn't use internet except for facebook and youtube.

if you send her into melee, she could at least work to distract them.
even properly fed a little irl eats less than grown up men.
on long walks you need a mule anyway.
yes it does.

long term invesment works. proof: wizards.
any group of adventurares can come off as rackless.
kids should have the common sense of whispering if thins scares them. and its not a waste of time, its bonus to rp exp points.
another bonus to rp exp point, and a plot hook.

>if you want to play with little girls characters you need to play with little girls
pedobear approve.

Well, I play in a bunch of Nechronica games, so we've really generally got that covered. We have suicide bomber lolis, techno wizard lolis, cannibal lolis, boat lolis, oh-dear-god-what-the-fuck-is-that lolis. We'll never be wanting on that front.

It's dangerous to go alone, take this!

i seldom come to Veeky Forums but every time i do, i get new things i want to check out. mostly its boring stuff, but i stil like coming here and come upon posts like yours, which shows me doors to places i didn't know existed.

thanks man, now i have another game to play with myself.

Always happy to spread the good word of Nechronica. It really is amazing.

>little girl
>spunk

Aight!

> So, why don't you have a little girl in your party?
Because it doesn't make sense for one to be adventuring in my setting, unless you apply some mental acrobatics very liberally?
What is this question even?

We've got the bard if we need a face, and he doesn't crumple like a wet napkin to AoE damage.

Even with fantasy mechanics they stink because they're level 0 and have the health of a kobold.

what about rings of damage reduction and amulets the produce barriars? anyway adventures= exp= level up

your bard is not the spoony kind.

Fine. She's got tiny legs and can't run too fast.
Not to be the stereotypical asshole, but if she can't runt fast. She'll buy time for the rest of us.

i don't get it, at character creation does your doll STARTS with a Premonitions or only during adventure?
who choose the details of the Premonition, the player or the necro?

silly OP
I was an "18" y/o Ratfolk meme witch girl(gotta keep the game family friendly)
we also had a 14 y/o as an NPC with the party who we only foundout was jailbait after the bard had nailed her
that was a good session.
she died painfully.

if your witch is going to primarily focus on combat, shits gone horrifically wrong.
sit at the back and spam hexes and magical device stuff.

You get a premonition at character creation. You'd decide how it manifests. Consider it a sort of outlook, or perhaps a gut feeling. A Doll with the Doll premonition, for example, may feel like she doesn't really have a choice in what she does, and that may affect how she sees the world. Or perhaps someone with the Sinner premonition might feel this is some sort of purgatory or even hell for something they did in life, trying through what they do to atone. Things of that nature. It just helps inform your character a little more.

i decide how to rp the doll, but will i know my pc past or is it something for me to discover at the necromancer will?

Generally speaking, you can probably decide on how your first two fragments of memory work out, within reason. The necromancer will be responsible for the rest of your backstory, however.

oh, ok. thnks.

Littlegirl, Old woman, Buff man. Add in an androgynous elf, and we have a perfectly balanced party.

>>will be a target if you give them a .22 rifle in modern conflict

>Fine. She's got tiny legs and can't run too fast.
So give her rollerskates.

>So, why don't you have a older woman in your party?

They tend to have better things to do than go on adventures.

>loli gofast with rollerskates
yes, we can

>shoulder loli club
>no shoulder lucy

We do. She's destined to die horribly unless we can secret her out of reach from the Imperial forces. If she lives she might just be the one to force them out of the North once she grows up.

It's a bit awkward with no one in the party actually sharing the same language, but so far it's been an interesting campaign.

>Implying we don't

He only tackled a horse at full gallop, nbd.

we do, despite our cleric and warlocks best attempts

speaking of Nechronica, what do you guys think about 'Rengoku: Tower of Purgatory'?

sounds like a story.

Buff Man, Old woman, Little Girl, so what this thread is telling me is that Cowboy Bebop had it all?

Ha.
Yesterday I was typing up a story that actually happened with my group (concerning a little girl), but I ended up not bothering because it came off sounding trollish, and I didn't want that I just wanted to tell me story.

Are we speaking of nechronica? Because I fucking love nechronica.

know a place i can find a game?

Played a 16 foot tall wall of a man. Hit somebody so hard with a Warhammer that he made an imprint in the side of the hill where he died. There are now legends of the Hill Angel.

I don't think its that good but sure

>party consists of orc monk (ln) elf blackguard(lawful asshole(is an ass as a matter of principle)) dwarf cleric (lg (hates drow)) and human warlock(cg)
>blackguard and cleric constantly bicker, permanent one-upsmanship
>party is travelling through the underdark - tracking some slavers
>after several sessions of draws the blackguard comes up with an idea, makes a bet ( an oath of blood was to be sworn by both parties)
> if he wins then the cleric must publicly humiliate himself before his gods temple
> if he looses then he has to be an unwavering bastion of virtue towards the next person he sees
>cleric is confident, accepts - just has to kill more drow in next encounter
>next encounter- blackguard gets critted off a cliff and goes into negatives
>rest of party deals with encounter, eventually decides against leaving him to die
>blackguard meanwhile regains consciousness - realises he lost bet, contemplates suicide
>the sound of a elf in armor falling down a cliff side attracted visitors, namely a small drow child who came to see what is happening
>resisting the urge to attack someone who saw his embarrassing state, blackguard is forced to be pleasant and nice
>gets quizzed on the above ground world and all manner of other things
>explains that he really must be going as he has important hero stuff to do and that the girl should really be returning to her home
>she doesent have one, begs to tag along
>realizing its a way to spite the cleric Bg accepts
>eventually find party and gets healed, introduces newest member of the group
> cleric and warlock are pissed "dont you know drow are evil?" "we cant take achild with us" "we cant trust you to look after her"
>cleric is reminded of their bet, silenced - still unhappy
>que several sessions (read, a campaign) of the cleric and warlock attempting to dissuade the drow child from accompanying them through different methods

For a Bioware game mabye.

After couple years, successful debut into society
>Hello, I'm Laura Spidersilk, priestess of Helm.
>My hobbies are Craft (Tailoring) and Knowledge (Nature)

>But wasn't the child originally a Drow?

I'd always prefer literally anyone else than a kid doing the distracting. If your only addition to the group is as a distraction, you're probably dead weight.

Not in most game worlds. 1 days food = 1 days food.

You don't need a mule on long journeys.

It does not solve the problem. Any party member should be interested in important situations / subjects anyways. If a child gets bored while keeping watch, or doing literally anything important, it can screw up the entire group.

This long term investment is not worth it. Get a proper hireling.

Oh yeah so let's just piss on our reputation and not work towards becoming reknown anyways.

Yes kids are notorious for their sensibility and bravery. They'd never scream when they see something scary. The group should be able to get enough xp anyways.

How is this bonus xp? It's just going to slow things down or push us off track.

nah, she became a great warrior, the blackguard managed to find her a trainer and she proved herself incredibley talented - not that he would allow her to actually fight anything dangerous

wouldn't a 'bastion of virtue' kill a drow on sight?

probably not, at least not a child

and its not like the blackguard is a reference point for this, he just did the opposite of what he normally would do (be an asshole)

>not being so old, content in your life, and unconcerned with dieing anymore that you say fuck it and go wandering because you just feel like it

Well, it's basically a classic orc children dilemma. With pretty dresses.
And pretty dresses are very strong argument in the eyes of true virtue.

Because an inability to follow orders properly or complete your mission objectives will often result in being given the emperor's mercy

heres another one for you:
raid a drow city, kil a drow priestess
drow priestess had a drow baby with her.
1. kill the baby, save it the pain of hunger
2. let the baby live. if its fellow drows sacrifice it to lioth, well, my hands are clean since im not the one doing the sacrificiing.
3. take the baby to upper world, where it will live unwanted and unloved, growing up to be the monster it would have had i not killed its mother.
4. raise it myself and take a break from adventuring.
5. raise it myself while adventuring. i have already a hare- i mean, a group of little girls who pay me for rising them by tending to my stuff. its really good decision in the long run!
6. other.

>5. raise it myself while adventuring.

5 usually, would depend on how much trouble the drow priestess gave me and how intrinsically evil the drow are

Agreed.

>5. raise it myself while adventuring. i have already a hare- i mean, a group of little girls who pay me for rising them by tending to my stuff. its really good decision in the long run!

This post gave me autism.

One of my favorite characters was a Drow cleric of Helm. She was taken in by the order as an infant after her parents, part of a group of raiders who were terrorizing a trade route, were captured and executed. There wasn't any angst, she was a zealot who fully believed that her birth parents were properly punished and considered the other clerics who raised her to be her family. Ended up going full Judge Dredd and taking a disturbingly sadistic pleasure in it.