/srg/ - Shadowrun General

...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Shadowlands BBS (Archive)...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>DSM_2077.knwsft
>Chicken_Soup_For_The_Cyborg_Soul.trid
>SMILE.prsnfx

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 278 (63% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "This is an automated reminder of your therapy appoint on..."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Sunrise_Sunset.btl

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Cyberpsychosis Edition

How do your runners cope with their actions? Are they haunted by any of their past actions? Do they regret the blood they've shed? Do they even care anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vsPq9xtE69w
youtube.com/watch?v=pboKPTg3YbA
drivethrurpg.com/m/product/207193
youtube.com/watch?v=bZwG2pjzUAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Skimmers > Skates

It's like you drekheads don't wanna be fast, fly and furious.

Viability of shotgun grenadier medic before getting frags and HE?

Some prefer stealthy, neighbour of Satan.

Shotgun = not stealthy
Grenades = conditionally stealthy

>neighbour of Satan.
Having spent the last few days getting addicted to CK2 all over again with the new expansion pack, with a satanic republic next door to me over in England, I have this sudden urge to try and find a Shadowrun mod for the game, playing as megacorps instead of, you know, kings.

Skimmer-gangers in speed-dealer sunnies roaring down highways, kitted with grapple hands and internal weapons designed to fire their drug payloads at high-speeds sounds fucking amazing.

>Shotgun = not stealthy
1. Stop using flechette ammo. Seriously, what were you thinking?
2. Put a silencer on it.
3. Get EX ammo
4. Do 14P AP -2 on your cheap-ass Enfield while getting a 24 round clip and ability to do long bursts
5. Drink sniperfag tears all day every day

>2. Put a silencer on it.
>Silencer/suppressor: [...] It cannot be used with revolvers or shotguns.

Not fuckin' stealthy. Maaate.

>How do your runners cope with their actions?
Which kinds? Some are easier then others to cope with.
>Are they haunted by any of their past actions?
No, which actually is saying something considering he was arguably a terrorist. He saw his actions as personally justified though, even though that's no longer a major part of his life.
>Do they regret the blood they've shed?
This he doesn't bother doing.
He generally avoids killing, but when he's gotta he's gotta and he isn't going to cry about it.
>Do they even care anymore?
Yes, but not about violence.

You know this is actually not technically true even in real life.
It's more that putting a suppressor on a shotgun is kinda worthless because it's already fairly loud even for a gun so even the suppressed sound is much too loud.
Generally people using suppressor in real life use subsonic ammunition such as .45ACP rounds because suppressed shots are way too loud even as it is.

Catalyst doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=vsPq9xtE69w

youtube.com/watch?v=pboKPTg3YbA

Bull SHIT you can't silence a shotgun.

Forgive CGL. They were too busy picking out bathroom tiles and shitting on the freelancers to do any checking.

>explosive ammo
>stealthy
que

True. Yeah, then take off the EX ammo and make it 13P -1AP which still shits on most snipers at common ranges. Or if you're all about less-lethal operation go for gel/SnS rounds.

>You know this is actually not technically true even in real life.
Fully and 100% aware. It's still something that's lasted since at least 4e, possibly longer.

Also aware that silencers aren't nearly as effective in RL as they are in SR.

Actually, in SR4 there was a specialized Revolver silencer.

I guess if the logic was that all suppressors had counter-frequency generators (as in they generate the exact opposite frequency noise as the sound that is coming out of the gun, eliminating entirely the human ear's ability to hear the sound) I guess that would work.

Though that would more like provide an absolutely zero percent chance of anyone ever hearing it rather then just a negative modifier.

But not a shotgun silencer, which is the topic, as opposed to the incidental mention of revolvers.

+1 Perception threshold by 1 and -4 Perception rolls. That's pretty hefty vs standard humans. Maybe they do something like that.

>+1 Perception threshold by 1 and -4 Perception rolls
Core book 135-136: Gunfire is threshold 1. Suppressed/silenced gunfire is 2. The entry for silencer/suppressor gives a -4 to perception rolls to notice.

That makes it pretty unlikely for a normal person to notice, especially if they're distracted (-2) or it's not in the immediate vicinity (-2). But then again, that's the point of a suppressor. It wouldn't be worth much if it didn't make it really hard for a layperson to recognize the gunshot.

Although after enough shots, even the most oblivious bystander may notice eventually by dint of the sheer number of rolls he'll get to make.

Do you have chemical knowledge? Our medic uses lots of gas

And I have one in my campaign. They're so fucking cool that the group doesn't even wanna go after them. They're just alright with 'em.

There's still a chance.
In the scenario I'm describing it would literally be impossible to hear; the human cochlear system is not capable of registering that kind of phenomena.

Are Technomancers trackeable with an EMF scanner? Does it depend if they are 'online' or not?

Sounds like an air cannon. Not bad.
Shame we'll never be like pic related.

Let's say you've got an all mundane team. A decker, infiltrator/sammy, and a face. There's a Force 3 fire spirit patrolling the floor, and you've got to get around and find your target.

How do you get past it? Can you defeat it?

Stick n' shock

Defeating it shouldn't be that hard. The problem is that will immediately alert the mage that summoned it, and a mundane team with an incoming mage and no warning is going to have problems.

If it's underground, easier to collapse the place on it and hope it travels in the wrong direction after losing its bearings. Otherwise, try to hurry up afterwards.

>flechette ammo
>more damage than regular ammo
>less effective against armor
And that's how I realized that the devs had no idea how guns work. At all.

I love this game, but the system is trash

Does the electric damage bypass the immunity to normal weapons?

It's weird, but the dice equivalency versus the DV increase should usually work out in flechette's favor on soak rolls.

Don't know why they have that dynamic at all, though.

So, is adrenaline boost decent? I'm half tempted to pick it up since I only have +10 on my initiative rolls, and my dice seem pretty damn keen on putting me at 14 IP instead of like 21ish like odds roll 4d6 would suggest I'd get.

, If they just bothered to change "flechette" to "buckshot" the problem would be solved.

I just call it and describe it as buckshot.
Yeah, Force 3 isn't that bad.
It means it has Hardened Armor 6, which is pretty shitty overall; EX rounds in a heavy pistol and double-tapping with good accuracy could seriously injure it still, and if the Sammy has an assault rifle and knows how to use it it's even more assuredly dead then before.

Hell, even a classic street sam with a katana and some jacked-up strength could waste it in a solid hit.

New campaign book out, anyone got it yet? And thoughts? Is it worth the nuyen?

drivethrurpg.com/m/product/207193

I've heard good things, don't have it myself.

Is there any danger to taking drugs that do different things? for instance if I took Nitro and Cram

funnily enough they did in 4e, kinda
the entry on shotguns mentions that they usually use slugs, but you can use buckshot

which uses flechette rules

as long as the boni don't overlap you are fine
but you take damage if they both boost the same attribute

>fly

That's not flying, it's wearing balloons on your feet. Your air cushions are way less stylish than cyberskates, and way less furious - you can't leave tire tracks on someone's throat with skimmers.

>Does the electric damage bypass the immunity to normal weapons?
Nope. That power gives the spirit hardened armor to all attacks that are non-magical in nature. That includes non-magical energy attacks.

That said, an F3 fire spirit only has hardened armor 6, total soak of 10, and defense 10. It's toast.

>you can't leave tire tracks on someone's throat with skimmers.

Not until I deploy my retractable climbing claws while skimming over their throat.

Whats the difference between a grapple hand, and putting a grapple gun in your arm?

When you fire the former, you only have one hand to do other things with.

Grapple hand makes you more like Inspector Gadget.

A) those aren't tires

B) deployed skimmers are supposed to entirely reshape the feet. Using them and climbing claws at the same time is possible RAW but seems unreasonable to me

Wow autistic as fuck op picture you stupid fucking piece of shit

sage

sage

sage

I'm pretty sure Sage is extinct in the sixth world, omae

Good lord I hate Data Trails. Someone remind me of the mechanics behind AIs and autosofts works again? Something something spend karma, something something we won't tell you what to do about ratings because that would be too god damned easy.

/srg/, I need a clarification.

I am currently running Splintered State, and today we will be doing the Brackhaven Investments run. The Johnson provides the group with some toys, including a “Quickened Potency 6, Force 6, Destruction Trigger alchemical preparation of an Increase Willpower” (try quickly saying it 3 times). How the fuck do quickened alchemical dreck work? Is it a permanent spell, as per Quickening metamagic power? Who pays the Karma to sustain it, the user or the mage that made the preparation?

Also, the building is surrounded by a force 5 ward. Can someone quickly run me through how this ward will interact with alchemical preparations and active spells? They can’t pass unless the mage slings some mojo, right?

If a mage tries to press through a barrier and fails, does the barriers master detect the attempt?

This clearly indicates I need to read the magic chapter again, right?

Can't say I know about quickened preparations, but I know barriers relatively well. Preparations that aren't doing anything at the moment are like inactive foci; 'stealth mode', and able to pass through mana barriers without a single fuck given, though inactive preparations are still visibly magical in nature. The creator of a barrier isn't alerted when it successfully repels something or it's successfully bypassed, but they are alerted when it's attacked in any way.

Thanks. I did miss that inactive preps are exempt. Nice that you informed me.

Now let's wait for someone who knows his alchemy =)

Well, ok, this is all assuming the mana barrier is astral. Physical mana barriers (don't get them confused with physical barriers) can stop inactive preparations, foci and awakened folks in their tracks. The weakness of a physical mana barrier is that purely astral shit glides through it no problem. Secure facilities usually have both, and you'll have to check Splintered State for what type of mana barriers are there.

Basically:
- AIs can learn a number of programs equal to their Depth + Essence. (DT pg. 146)
- Pilot Origins allow them to load/convert/use drone autosofts. (DT pg. 151)
- Pilot Origin AI's use their Depth as Pilot value for any vehicle/drone they're piloting (DT pg. 156)
- AI spend 5 karma to "learn' a regular program like a mage woud a spell. (DT pg. 158)
- A Pilot cannot run an autosoft higher than itself, hence the AI is limited to its Depth in autosoft ratings. (R5.0 pg. 127)
- The maximum rating for autosofts is 6 (R5.0 pg. 127)

TL;DR: AI with Pilot Origins can use/run/learn autosofts with rating up to its Depth and hard max of 6.

With the alchemy question, i just did a bit of poking around and it seems like it might be an error. 'Quickened' preparations are both redundant and illegal, might have meant that it's fixated. Destruction trigger is a theoretically valid trigger, but not one that's ever listed outside of Splintered State.

It does not indicate the type, but I assumed it's a mana barrier, because the text claims “Astrally projecting forms are unable to pass through the ward”.

Also, I assume that the barrier is only a mana barrier, because the whole building is surrounded by it, and that would cause some problems for their own.

And another question on quickening. If the spell expires in any way (dispelled, broken by walking through a barrier, whatnot), does the mage get his invested karma back?

Nope, that karma is gone.

Yep, found the same info on the CGL forums. Thanks, chummer!

Another question, not really Shadowrun related... well, kinda related. On the floor plan on the Brackhaven Investments building there are rooms called "Mechanical and Custodial Goods" and "Custodial Administration".

I'm not a native speaker, so can someone inform me what the drek do those mean? Some janitorial stuff maybe?

>"Mechanical and Custodial Goods"

Machine parts, brooms, mops, tools. Janitor stuff

>"Custodial Administration"

Janitor's office, or where the janitor's boss does paperwork.

Thanks a bunch. Have actually deduced it by googling, but did not save the translated map until I've got a confirmation.

Out of curiosity, does 'custodial' not translate to your native language?

They did it in 5e, too.

not him, but in my language we wouldn't use the equivalent to "custodial" for a janitor.

A person of the streets isn't actually going to hear a silenced gunshot unless they're both listening for it and have some extra help, either with a good environment or lots of gear.

And if you go for maximum silence, not only will a person off the streets never hear it, but even a super-average person is going to need advantageous circumstances to hear it.

Don't forget that there's more noise than the gunshot itself. There's the impact (can't really be affected except by not hitting anything) and the gun's own mechanisms (less likely to be heard).

>A person of the streets isn't actually going to hear a silenced gunshot unless they're both listening for it and have some extra help, either with a good environment or lots of gear.
>And if you go for maximum silence, not only will a person off the streets never hear it, but even a super-average person is going to need advantageous circumstances to hear it.

From a gameplay perspective, I'm okay with this.

If you're using the extra stuff in Chrome Flesh, there's not much of a chance of anything bad happening until they wear off. 5 or 6 on a 1d6 and then the crash (when it happens) will be doubled, and there's still the 1 in 6 chance that instead you get lucky and they both last double time.

If you cheaped out and got one or two street-cooked grade then you're running an actual risk. If you had the scratch and good contact necessary to get them both designer grade then there's only a 1 in 6 chance of the doubled crash and a 2 in six chance of getting the doubled duration benefit.

Soon as a PDF is available, it'll go in the box, don't worry.

>for instance if I took Nitro and Cram

You're eating 15 unresisted stun damage (9 from the nitro, and then 6 from the Cram) once they both wear off.

As long as you can handle the addiction, and your fellow runners are willing to drag your unconscious ass home and make sure it doesn't accidentally put you into overflow, you should be good.

Helicopter crash (being reduced to negative damage boxes).
Should I just use the regular crash rules, or make it nasty? I have a feeling that dropping out of the sky is more dangerous, than hitting a brick wall in your van.

Why do you feel that?

youtube.com/watch?v=bZwG2pjzUAo

>Razorgirls

You could also use the falling damage rules, but subtract the helicopter's Body from the damage to represent safety systems and generally good design. The DV then would be [meters fallen - helicopter Body] and AP -4.

You could also let the driver make a last-second vehicle test to reduce the effective meters fallen.

Whats the point of other melee weapons when monofilament whips exist?

Being cheap, legally obtainable and not cutting your dumb self when you fuck up, omae.

Also so you can hit someone and not instantly kill them. If you're into that sort of thing.

That's what 5e martial arts are for.

The team decided that me (as a mundane non-decker) should go check out the apartment block of a BTL dealer we've been hired to capture while they do their thing preparing for the run (matrix searches etc). The GM and me are meeting up for a solo run for my character so I can take care of this.

What are some boots-on-the ground things I should do, considering my character is a former detective? Knock on doors? Loiter suspiciously? I'm trying to think of ways to RP this and get some info with my own eyes that won't get me noticed/caught.

It'd be early-ish in the morning, 6-7. I assume people would be waking up so I could maybe blend into the neighborhood?

first of all you should find out
>How many people are usually in the apartment
>How easy is it to enter/leave?
>If restricted, what do you need to show to be allowed to enter?

I think your easiest bet is asking the people in the block, maybe try to pose as a newcomer that wants some BTL goodness and heard of the dealer, but doesn't know how to get to him

Is there a way to copy drones or other vehicles in chummer?

Sounds like a plan. We'll make sure I had a credstick with enough to buy if I am forced to.

How do people get away with sick team vans with mounted machineguns? Wouldn't cops notice the forbidden weapon in a forbidden weapon mount? Or are they somehow retractable?

You can have retractable weapon mounts, yes

Or put at least APDS for 13P -5AP

Oh and if you are rolling with the Enfield, don't forget Smartgun system and Ammo Skip for switching between ammo types as free action.

Book of the Lost is out. Anyone know if its got crunch?

Do Adepts leave astral signatures?

It's based on the sixth world tarot, so probably not. Unless the rose that that dickhead Harlequin is holding on page 6 is actually a released Everliving Flower, bleached black.
Played in a missions game once, resounding opinion there was 'no', since adepts are altering their own aura to create a power instead of just drawing it in and slapping their dick on reality to make a change.

>Mr. Johnson moves away and tells if we wish to set up a contact with his replacement
>Say yes since his jobs were solid and he was a friend of one of our contacts we say yes
>Replacement Mr. Johnson comes and offers us a job sinking some whalers
>Alright
>8 whalers what could it be so bad?
>Turns out all of them have assault riffles and giant harpoon gun
>Too busy shooting to ask why
>Try to sell their gear for some extra cash
>Fence tell us this shit is nova hot and refuse to take. It belongs to the Dutch Penose
>Ask our Vory Tzar friend if he knows if the dutch have whalers or if he have seen the captain before.
>Our faces when the captain is actually one of the Dutch bosses. We just killed one of the Dutch Penose bosses while in the middle of war between two Vory Tzar offer the city.
GM damm you you glorious bastard. But was this unexpected.

I've been told to do Food Fight to get players and myself accustomed to Shadowrun. Should I do the 4e version in a Stuffer Shack or the 5e version at McHugh's? It seems like the 5e version has more decking and role-playing, but the map is totally fucked thanks to poor editing.

Which edition are you playing?

5e

How do you roll play as someone with cyberpsychosis without being a stick in the mud that does nothing but be quite and brood?

Do the 5e version. Not Fast Food Fight 5.0, which is the one in the McHughs. Although it can make a good follow-up to the actual Food Fight.

Look in Plots and Paydata for the 5e Food Fight.

However you want. You don't have to Adam Jensen with it. You could easily be an arrogant prick, or go mad with power, or just get eccentric or unhinged.

be disconnected, embarrassed, or pity people.

The Stuffer Shack one is in the Beginner Box, in the "CAT27100X_Quick-Start Rules" pdf