Is dancing DEX or CHA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TUrA7rnkCh8
youtube.com/watch?v=WUrJuSh0evE
youtube.com/watch?v=5WpYWpN0VXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Context decides.

Are you dancing to impress? CHA.

Are you performing a strictly technical series of physical movements? DEX.

Caveat: A good GM would let you get away with either.

Depends on the dance.
The Flamenco will get you mad pussy, but doing the robot will get you strange looks at best.

Dexterity + Charisma, and your skill points from your background, career, and hobby skills.

neither. it's INT.
only a true genius could think of shuffling in place while doing the reload animations for various vidya game guns.

Prettymuch this.

If you're dancing to impress / seduce / 'entertain', its probably cha. If you're pulling off the fucking nutcracker or something similar, its dex.

>Is dancing DEX or CHA?

Binary much, sperglord?

It's both along with a healthy dose of context.

As a DM, I'd rule either. Whichever the player chooses to use, though a DEX dance would be more technical while a CHA dance would be flashier.

Your character is in a rough hood, and there's a roaming band of street-toughs, participating in mad breakdancing, focusing on pulling off elaborate, highly technical skills.

They accost your party, but you are no stranger to the streets and their ways, you say them attempting a particularly difficult move and failing. You attempt to impress these street toughs and gain their respect by doing said move.

DEX or CHA?

Yes

Naturally it'd be a series of checks.

The Wizard helps by casting presdigtation to help set up the dance floor. Me, the Bow fighter, and the Barbarian have been practicing our routine for a while so they give me bonuses (or minuses if they fuck up) to my CHA roll

youtube.com/watch?v=TUrA7rnkCh8

does this look like CHA to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=WUrJuSh0evE

youtube.com/watch?v=5WpYWpN0VXU

>highly technical skills
DEX

It is CON.

Dancing take stamina

DEX to pull of the move, CHA if successful to see exactly how cowed they are.

No

Both, DEX to actually pull off the move, then a CHA check for how impressed the crowd is. That way the DM can decide how strict the audience is. If you roll a 20, you automatically win the CHA check.

Roll Dex to not trip and fumble, Roll Cha to look good and cool while doing your moves.

>The Flamenco will get you mad pussy, but doing the robot will get you strange looks at best.

Do you live in a fucking quaker colony or something?

For a sustained dance off maybe, but for like one song, I'd think it would still either be dex or cha.

Both. Dex to perform the dance move, CHA to do it in a way to impress.

This, however, gives me an idea. An RPG based on how conflict works in music videos.
Entirely on music and dancing.

Looks like STR

STR and skill roll

>either
Or both
And gates people, put them in series and lower the DC.

The way that I dance, it's CON.

no the audience rolls that

It's DEX (or equivalent). But you can roll a CHA based skill (or equivalent) to save face when you have mediocre dancing skills.

It's a charisma check. A seperate dexterity check may be required for more difficult dances and otherwise influence the charisma check, but the final question is how well can you communicate and otherwise influence people's emotions.

The same applies for guitar playing. A person with high dexterity can ask for a seperate roll that if they succeed upon they can get a bonus to their charisma roll, but it's a charisma roll in the end.

In fact, some dances can be argued to be more of a strength/constitution check than a dexterity check, but still a charisma check in the end.