The Chaos Gods have two sides

Khorne is the god of bloodshed, mindless rage and general destreuction of ones enemies. But he is also the patron of martial skill, discipline and battle etiquette.

Nurgle stands for decay, disease and pussy things, but also solidarity, rebirth, self sufficiancy and surprisingly medicine.

Tzeentch. Change can be good or bad, but the kind of change is influenced by the one causing it.

For Slaanesh... there is really nothing good about excess anything. But Love I guess?

The warp is influenced by all the beliefs and emotions of warp sensitive races in real-space. This means, if say, half of the guardsmen and marines in the imperium began worshipping Khorne as a god of discipline and skill, he would change his personality, and that in turn would alter all of those who have gained his favour, possibly making the warp less dangerous as well...

Passion is necessary to achieve greatness, fervent faith works too,especially in 40k

They are influencing Khorne as much as they can already. Worship only changes favor.

Yeah, well, the 40K lore regarding Chaos was always pretty fucked. Most likely 'cause the Imperium itself is fucked, and only horrible shit happens to people which feeds misery which feeds Chaos. Makes sense, as it's been alluded that if the Imperium never came to be, the Warp would calm down again.. on the other hand, there's the Eldar who fucked up big time with Slaanesh, so who the fuck knows.

Anyway, Chaos gods are stupid and the Warp is stupid. So just don't think about it, enjoy the fireworks.

The Chaos gods are creatures of organization and order, and not really chaotic at all, just kind of dickheads.

Khorne: anger vs. valor
Nurgle: death vs. life
Tzeentch: hope vs. scheming
Slaanesh: debauchery vs. pleasure

>Nurgle stands for pussy things
I'm pretty sure that's Slaanesh.

this is what chaos actually believes

kek

Could the Chaos Gods beat an anime MC?

Between the MC's plot armour and Tzeentch's "keikaku doori" bullshit, I think they'd stalemate pretty hard.

Light (or whatever the MC of Death Note was) and the detective guy from the same show vs Tzeentch, keikakus all the time

"I'm behind you, Tzeentch."
"Very clever, Light, but now it is I who is behind YOU!"

The Chaos gods represent too much of something. Khorne takes conflict and combat, twisting it into unrelenting bloodlust. Tzeentch takes change and planning, twisting it to endless scheming. Nurgle takes the cycle of life and death, twisting it to extreme diseases and unnatural life. Slaanesh takes passion and desire (in all aspects of the words) and twists it to insatiable lust for excess.

There is no "second side" to chaos gods, only the roads to hell, paved with good intentions.

Although they are still all contradictions. Discipline and battle doctrine overrided by pure blind rage and bloodlust.

A cycle of balanced birth, death and rebirth overrided by overabundance of life causing more death than can be replaced without intervention.

Careful planning and preparation overturned by overcomplx plans that when resolved solve nothing.

Slaanesh is a tricky one. Because s/he is usually described as a god of excess pleasure/pain. That is her shtick, over indulgence. All the other gods cause the lower tier of her game...

>The Chaos Gods represent too much of something.
Apologies for any mistakes, this a phone post.

They do now, but not always. As with most things, this the fault of the Eldar/Slaanesh.
In the beginning, there was just Nurgle and he slept. The Warp was more like a weird Spirit world thing than anything, and just wanted to be left alone. This is why the Enslavers happened, sorta like an immune response to the Old Ones and their spawn fucking with it.
Later, Khorne and Tzeencht happened. When Khorne appeared, the first 'true' daemons came, and warred at the Blood God's behest. Action and valour were found in equal amounts to bloodshed and cruelty. When the Evershifting Lord came into play, the gods began to war between each other, for change had become a fundamental part of the Warp.
With the presence of each god, the Warp shifted to accommodate them and even the other gods changed in subtle ways. Nurgle, Khorne and Tzeencht were created by the day-to-day living of the various races across the world.
But then Slaanesh. Slaanesh was artificially created, falsely placed in the position of god and proceeded to fuck everything. In all senses of the term. With his arrival, excess became the norm. All the Chaos gods took things to the absolute extreme. Nurgle became less about cycles and life, etc, to become shit hole centeral. Khorne pretty much lost the ability to think, as all that mattered was acting outward, instinctive action, berserker rage. Tzeencht became a meme.
Thus, Slaanesh must die and 40k is fixed.

But then Zuvassin. He would obviously play a role in all of this, are there any stories that feature him?
Of course he couldn't have followers, or wouldn't. Like fuck I'll worship the guy that make me the richest sentient jelly bean on Skaro OR turn my toenails into Eversor assassins and materialize an enormous box of coco-pops inside of my brain stem.

Zuvassin...

All Chaos Gods stand for excess, funnily enough.
Khorne is all about too much bloodrage during the battle.
Nurgle is all about medicine turned poison.
Tzeentch is excessive control and using others as pawns.
Slaanesh is pleasurable things turned into debauchery.

So does Imperium, by the way - Emperor stands for respect turned into worship.

Light is just some low level local sorcerer. Tzeentch snacks on people like him.

Are you saying... that... the Emperor is a chaos god? Of respect, loyalty and unity, and also fanaticism and worship...

Damn...

Why do you think things are so shit in Imperium? Because they are literally Chaos, just different flavor of it.

No. Then we might as well talk about my OC Chaos God Oongo'Boongo, because he has as much canonicity as Zuvassin.

Yeah I made a mistake. Zuvassin is only canon in Warhammer Fantasy (like actually canon) but is not mentioned at all in 40k.

But, it's a great idea for fan fiction.

Not even there, unless you count "mentioned once before I was even born and then forgotten forever" as canon.

>"The 2nd Edition "Tome of Salvation" actually lists both him and Necoho as Chaos Gods."

So... kinda canon?

No doubt you must understand that it's super weak.

Perhaps more relevant would be Malal. Most of the above is just how me and my group understood the lore and history of Chaos during a long-running and intense game of Black Crusade. In the way we figured it, Malal is still sleeping, though he exerts an influence- the paradoxical nature of Chaos, destroying what feeds. He'll only wake if Chaos wins and, as a result, destroy itself. He will cast down his bloated fellow deties before ending the universe and starting the next.

I'm not saying it is cannon, I'm just saying that the guy could be interested in how our GM's interpretation of Malal. Though, to be fair, Malal is more cannon than Zussawhatisit.

Pussy, as in of pertaining to pus

>So does Imperium, by the way - Emperor stands for respect turned into worship.

Albeit against his will. He didn't want to be deified and worshiped for exactly this reason.

Slaanesh is also the God(ess) of beauty, self-improvement, art, music, and perfection, not just pleasure and degeneracy.

What about Malal?

Praise be to Malal. May he dispense chaotic justice.

This.

>implying the Chaos Gods aren't all the MC of a high school slice of life anime

Wouldn't anything involving skill be slaanesh domain and not khorne, since khorne doesn't really care about how the blood flows, only that it does? Fulgrim was one of the most skilled duelists in the imperium

Funnily enough, Khorne, in addition to expressing rage and taking action, he also "teaches" discipline and routine. He wants efficiency so that the most blood can be spilled, so questions no dawdling on complex strategy.

Fulgrim would seem to be a skilled duelist because he shows off, toys with his opponents. A Khornate warrior would try to make it as quick and painless as possible, spill all of the blood at once.
Painless so as to not feed Slaanesh.

And that is why we have the word purulent

Slaanesh's "other side" is being good at stuff.

Striving for achievement leads to success, which leads to pride, arrogance, lust for more--and that's the path of a fall to Slaanesh.

>Please accept my autistic fan-fiction as cannon.

You're full of shit user old-lore Khorne was born first during humanity's dark ages, followed by Nurgle with the Black Death and then Tzeentch and Slaanesh.

That aside, the Chaos Gods always represented too much of something even as far back as 1st Edition, they encompassed the more moderate areas as well, but their followers were always driven to extremes because that is what strengthened them the most.

What if I like user's idea better?

Nothing wrong with that, all the power to you. Everyone inserts some level of fan-fiction when interpreting the lore.

It's more a question of passing it off as fact as opposed to going "Say here's a new/cool way to look at things, what do you think?"

>Implying perfection is bad

I thought the chaos gods where created by the built up warpshit from the war in heaven, then slaneesh got shat out by the eldar's excessive partying. If they 'always where', how do you explain the eldar gods or gork and mork?

Fulgrim, please go

Khorne is external expressions of skill. Slaanesh is internal expressions of skill. Its a fine, but important, line.

If someone wants to be the best warrior it could go either way.

this. Praise Slaanesh.

Does anyone have the story of the guard regiment that fell to slaneesh after practicing a drill to perfection?

>cooking
lmao

He is the Chaos God of Chaos and will destroy the others if they ever win, thus bringing order.

So he is the Chaos God of Chaos and Order.

So he is like Chaos, god of discord? Chaotic chaos of chaos against chaos gods in his chaotic schemes because his discord is down?

No he is chaos god of chaos.

In all their shenanigans, four's gods of chaos have their domains and goals. he is just there to fuck shit up to the point he even turned on their brothers

i like this guy's interpretation of it
like all the other, he excess in chaos instead of calm and order and because endless war rages across whole milky ways immaterium the gods themselfs actually unknowingly to them feed the chaos god of chaos itself.

Nobody ever remembers that Slaanesh isn't about just drugs and fucking, the positive aspect would be the strive for perfection and mastery that many of her(?) followers have. For example, a soldier who kills for the joy of killing would be Khornate, while a soldier that kills in order to get really, really good at killing and eventually become the best at it, would be Slaaneshi

as a guy with OCDP i can tell you that striving for perfection isn't good adaptation at all, its like gluttons hunger but for experiences

and as i hope you read, some posters here actually did notice his domain is perfection and mastery, problem is not with that but how to turn it to something good

its way easier with other goods, Slani is a bit tricky in that regard

But isn't it canon that Nurgle is the oldest Chaos ?

Envy is a domain of slaanesh im pretty sure

Can i get sauce on that?

Depends on your motive. If you're developing a skill because it's awesome and you want to have as much of it as you can, that's Slaanesh. If you do it to separate yourself from THOSE fuckers and prove you're better than THEM because they're so awful and removing them from the universe is great, that's Khorne.

That's their duality in a nutshell. They're both about your opinions on things, taken to fanatical extremes. Slaanesh is if you think something is good, Khorne is if you think it's bad.

No.

>Makes sense, as it's been alluded that if the Imperium never came to be, the Warp would calm down again..
>on the other hand, there's the Eldar who fucked up big time with Slaanesh, so who the fuck knows.
The implication is that Slaanesh would have died with the Eldar, sans the Imperium.

Korne is

Just according to keikaku.

>Gluttonous
>Like to cook
>Think Earth is great
>Live in the west
tfw Nurgle

Nurgle is the oldest but Khorne was the first to reach sapience.

Kek

It's from Bleach

>Tzeentch army mirror match

>khorne
> patron of martial skill, discipline and battle etiquette

dude i too play dawn of war lmao

>Khorne
>discipline
Kek.

And as for Slaanesh, he is the patron of art, passion and perfection, which, taken to their extremes, turn into obsession.

Basically,
Slaanesh > Nurgle > Khorne > Tzeentch

In Age of Sigmar Slaanesh is dead or at least powerless and everything is fuck up anyways but again, it's fucking AoS soo...

Isnt Khorne also the patron god of honor and courage? Couldn't someone in theory be a champion of Khorne by just being a noble hero, defending their people against overwhelming odds?

Shit taste.

Slaanesh > Tzeentch > Khorne > Nurgle

Also
Slaanesh > Tzeentch > Khorne >>> Nurgle