/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 7 (1d26)

People actually posted quite a lot of models, keep up the good work edition
Fa/tg/uys over-analyze conventional social interaction like it's a RAW vs RAI subedition

Last thread EC-SCUM should CHECK their PRIVILEGES, MkII models aren't for 30k, Sanguinius killed 200k World Eaters and user got a box of dragon dildos Death Guard. user's FLGS runs games on a pokemonesque "meet eyes and you have to play" system, more here, including how to make a combi-plasma >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

First for worst legion.

First for Night Lords for Legion Psychologists

Same post.

>apothecaries can take a combi-weapon or a volkite charger but not a regular bolter

So how do y'all paint those yellow stripes on Iron Warriors without making a mess?

Masking tape or a very steady hand

>techmarine can take a master-crafted bolter but not a regular bolter
>nothing to even out the servitors

Thank god a forge lord can take a 2pts. bolter (or a 7pts. combi-weapon if in terminator armour) to even out the 48pts. you pay for 4 servitors.

In my opinion, practising freehand is worth it in the long run, pic related. (Although I still use masking tape for large stripes on rhinos)

> 20 Mk3 or Mk4 Marines: 60GBP
> Plastic Contemptor: 35GBP
> 30 MK4 or Mk4 Marines, Plastic Contemptor or 10 Talons of the Emperor, 2 ICs and 5 Termies: 95GBP

Fucking what

What Magi/Consuls/Provenances do you run, anons? And how do you equip them if applicable? I do like the level of customization on your Big Dudes in this, but it's easy to overspend.

Personally I go for one WTFexpensive Archmagos with all the damn toys, he works out about 355 points, but buffs more than most Primarchs and can take anything without ID on fairly well. Then I take either the mandatory Magos Reductor with a Machinator or two barebones Domini with Machinators, depending on what variant I'm playing.
Probably going to make an Axiarch soon, with Power Fist and an Archaeotech pistol given that his wargear is cheap as fuck. Where''s a good Enginseer-sized power fist?

When I take MaC allies it's for some heug levy blobs, so Cult Horde/TF and the Force Commander just gets a Tainted Weapon for that occasional lucky ID Rend.

Ok guys, I am currently assembling the bits for a Space Woof force and I am asking myself how much CC is to much CC?

I love that the Rout has counter attack so I thought about stuffing sniper vets with that tasty outflank (would choose other options if not for that) possibly armed with volkite chargers into a Proteus.

Because: If they get to fire, sniping deflegrate hits sound nasty, if they get charged they have 4 attacks each...and if they get to fire and charge again they basically are weapon masters due to gaining +1ws due to their legion rules?

Am I a smart Barbarian or does it at least sound cool?

I think it does.

>Field Police Space Wolves best Wolves.

Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush!

>GOSH, the starter army box is cheaper than buying stuff individually
Newfag.

I still hope for MKII stuff, to be honest.

Oh, me too. I need some 20 MkII helmets.

same

On that note, I think I found a cool way to convert my Prospero MKIII dudes into MKII.

I think I will buy the basic,non bunny eared, WE upgrade helmets..file down the spikes and crests and potentially close the small holes and mid section to create a helmet somewhat looking similar to the one the discipline master pre russ space wolf guy in his MKII is wearing.

Lots of fiddling with green stuff, but it is a work of heart after all.

>"converting" MKIII into MKII by just swapping heads

this must be a new low

As if it wasnt a rather similar armour pattern, also I plan to convert the heads along the line of art. As far as I know that pattetn of helmet is not for sale anywhere.

MKIII armour with a different helmet is still MKIII

Wouldn't Mk2 Michelin legs even bitcher to paint than bitch Mk3?

Yeah, by 1,39x.

I know, It would help me get the aesthetics I want though.
Especially since MKIII is a reinforced version of MKII. Which fits the ideas I have for my dudes. I just dislike MKIII helmets, or at least some of them.
Do you have experience with this?

Well, Mk3's back of the legs were bitch to shade and highlight. I guess Mk2 will be even harder to do so.

Hm, thank you.

I think it might still work out well, since it is still loads of straight planes/panels

Cant be worse than DEldar, those fucked me.

Been looking for months but is there a link to the updated legion army list with the revised points?

>been looking for months
>fails to even check the OP

>Somehow humans still think they are somehow better than monkeys

This post made me realize SW breachers would be kinda disgusting. Deny the enemy their charge bonus, still get counter attack.

But...they do bot get the charge bonus themselves, or does counter attack raw somehow allow you to circle around this?

Drop pod wolfs also sound amazing though.

you have to buy it from forgeworld

Meh, that's about only bonus they have. Meanwhile they're still expensive as fuck and lack any real close combat weapons outside the sergeant. Can't even get +1 for two weapons. I just made mine into combat-shield slayers with 5 fists.

But Deathsworn, they got defensive grenades via their stasis bombs.

Is a single Mortis or contemptor Mortis fine for AA or should I spring for a deredeo

Deredo with the HUEG autocannons is the better option. The mortis dreads have no weapon option that can compete with the range, Str, rate of fire, and Sunder combination of the dorito's autocannons.

I've been using a plama/missile dorito, nice to have the option to fight non-flyers much better than the autocannons or a kheres mortis. Expensive points-wise, but meh

It's clearly a better option but it's an option that's 100+ points more expensive. I'm asking if the Mortis is good enough.

Has anyone used Custodes yet? I got three blisters of them for free and I wonder how they play. The elite angle is nice and their raw stats and great gear seem potent, but on the other hand they still die to anti-terminator fire, their spears suck balls outside the charge and they lack any sort of assault transport.
I'd appreciate any sort of input.

Deneds on the opposition. On a large table or against flying circus you'll want the Dorito. An smaller tables and against opponents with one or two flyers the Mortis is fine.

Anybody else noticed that GW has now plastic heresy marines in sets of 20 listed as "Legion Tactical Squad" ?

It even has a PDF with rules, which is the exact page from the Age of Darkness Legions no less, as a free download. Curious developments ...

Right, hadn't considered Deathsworn. It was just something that popped into mind really.

>GW starts balancing the AoD army list by releasing free rules with plastic versions

Some special legionaries ready for basing and priming.

Guys, help me decide. I can't for the life of me pick between Thousand Sons and Word Bearers. I have two boxes of Calth and one box of Prospero sitting here...
WB seem kinda shit in terms of rules, but I enjoy their fluff. TS on the other hand are powerful, but I feel like picking them up now makes me kind of an asshole for picking purely on power even if I do enjoy their background.

I ordered my first resin. Any tips? I heard people talk about scrubbing resin?

Allies.
>WB are shit
Never underestimate that 3d6 Ld.

>he just doesn't stop

I wonder if phosphex bombs would fit that communications helmet. I want to make a beer helmet dude with phosphex canisters and a big foam power fist. Would make a great Siege Breaker.

the only good breachers are thousand sons raptora breachers in a zone mortalis strike force

every other breacher is a piece of shit thanks to forge world being incompetent fucks

Why not play Word Sons? Combine the two legions like the guy that made Iron Fists.

He's not wrong, y'know.
Gal Vorbak don't benefit from Legiones Astartes, the Mhara Gal is overcosted like woah, Ashen Circle might as well not exist, the diabolist is shit and dark channeling isn't any better.
Our rites are overburdened with restrictions while only offering situational benefits while our unique wargear outside the Burning Lore is very meh. As lovely as True Believers is, Charismatic Leadership can go eat a dick.
Meanwhile, Lorgar is decidedly milquetoast as far as Primarchs go, Erebus is kinda okay and Kor Phaeron is at least cheap. Zardu would be neat, but the Bladeslaves form a unit with him and make him thus unable to join elsewhere, while Hol Beloth is so boring I'm kinda surprised I remembered him.
>but daemons
Fuck daemons. I play 30k to play marines, not some weird ally fuckery not even properly supported in the rules.

>"One man can murder a world given sufficient time and the fortitude to wield the blade again and again and again until death's work is done."

Taking allies and cherrypicking the best shit is what ruined 40k, or at least a big part of it. I cannot in good conscience agree with that recommendation.

You don't understand what I'm saying. He should combine the paint schemes so nobody can see what legion it really is then get butthurt when people are confused by his army.

All those wierd Alpha Legumes colour schemes.

If anyone is interested, I'm trying to dump a Heresy lot I have. All unpainted/unassembled, probalby 400+ dollars worth--I'm willing to part for 130.

Pick the one you like more, screw how good or bad it'll be on the tabletop.

And remember, just because something can be overpowered doesn't mean it has to be. TS can be played just as fair and straightforward as any other legion, just make a balanced list.

Whatcha got friend?

Chinaman? What are the contents? Shipping? Where do you live?

Hey user, email me at [email protected] (Muh throwaway)

I have;

Angron
40 Mk2 Despoilers (8 squads)
20 World Eater Mk 2 Heads
Legion Mk Power Weapon set x 2
Chain axes galore
Command Set x 2
Kharn the Betrayer (full diorama)

[email protected]

I'll ship for free too, just want to get rid of it--I can't use it. Yes it's Chinamen and yes the casts are perfect. Just don't have time for the game anymore.

Sorry Mods if this is not ok, but don't want to Ebay due to recast or use BT due to recast.

Isn't there anyone where you live that wants it?

I've emailed you already user with a few follow up questions.

I smell chymarea conversion material

Nah 30k non existent here for the most part.

Replied.

Thanks again Mods, I won't clutter the thread anymore--appreciate the patients/allowance.

Welcome to half a day ago, user.

patience*

>posting that image

You have to be blind to even find the heads similiar to each other.

I haven't received a response yet.

email?

>headplate is the same
>ear-things are the same
>chinguard is the same
>squint is the same
>service stud is the same
>mouth is the same
Totally different, you guys!

I hope you do realize that it is an old guardsmen model standing next to it, meaning that marine is just as large as the ones GW makes now.

It's funny though, how many people got baited by this pic. Kinda makes me want to do one too ...

>baiting this fucking much

> Only S 5 AP 3 outside the charge?!?! Total trash!!!!1!!
Holy shit it's like you play armies of purely 2+ save S 5 T 5 monsters. Or that they can't easily get AP 2 in other ways. Or God forbid they have to take a turn of fire before they charge...
Oh wait. People here don't play they just pleet the latest math hammer meme.

>lack any sort of assault transport

>Also take Sisters as cheap objective holding troops
>Take the dedicated transport dildo for all of them
>Have Custodes deploy besides the dildo
>Embark turn one
>Worst that happens is that the Custodes and Dildo have to survive one turn of longe range shooting ... which they should without too much trouble

So few people think outside the box that FW sells them ...

>projecting this much

i dont know what you think old guardsman were like, but they arent as small as you believe

The muzzle (1) is much longer and for example the end of the grip after the last groove is longer than on the regular Godwyn bolter and it almost looks likes there's a groove at the base of it or the muzzle is wider than the barrel itself..

The cylinder (5) on the bolter has bulbous parts rather than grooves like in your example.

The arm computer thing (3) has a small screen and what looks like 5 buttons in a 4+1 configuration. The reference you gave just has rings with symbols on them going all around the arm. It's also not the regular deathwatch arm computer, because those have just 2 buttons and they're positioned top to bottom, now side by side with the screen.

If you look at the centurion head (2) vs. the one on the model, you'll note little differences. The pieces over the ears on the centurion one are very round in overall shape, like headphones. The ones on the marine are more part of his head rig and have little square pieces protruding forwards against the marine's chin, which are not present on the centurion head.

Also, these still don't explain where the legs and torso comes from.

For that price? Yes, 2 attacks S5 AP3 is garbage for that 55pts.

>everyone that disagrees with me doesn't play

I've played 2 2k games with Custodes so far, and everything people are saying is true. It's so easy to get 2+ somewhere in pretty much every squad that not being on the charge with spears can slow you by a very annoying amount.

However sword'n'board stodes do really well, Rending helps keep consistent damage and- though they're kickass- you're not losing much with the spears, the Adrasite gun or whatever is fantastic for bleeping smaller vehicles, artillery, etc., but probably isn't worth the cost when it's all factored in.

I like the army overall, it's especially good with a tribute to get infiltrate for some really powerful T1/2 presence. But a lone Medusa or Vindicator can really fuck up your plans.

I think you need to look at their rules, user, you are applying 40k logic too much. They will be getting a fair number of attacks, striking first unless they are against enemy ICs, can generate more attacks, and have peerless defenses in their shields.

What, on a WS5/BS5/T5/W2/I(Baiscally 5 at all times)/2+/5++ rerollable -1 To Hit him platform?
They'll tank almost anything for fucking EVER, and barely lose to Ursarax with Power Fists, which are basically the Anti-Exactly that kind of thing unit.

Yes, they wont devastate entire armies of Marines effortlessly, but they're basic troops, and are much better than the alternatives in almost every army. Even with how good Castellax and Adsecularis are, Thallax look at those stats and weep overcosted tears, and Marines aint got shit on them.

OK, attempt number 2.

What Magi/Consuls/Provenances do you run, anons? And how do you equip them if applicable? I do like the level of customization on your Big Dudes in this, but it's easy to overspend.

Personally I go for one WTFexpensive Archmagos with all the damn toys, he works out about 355 points, but buffs more than most Primarchs and can take anything without ID on fairly well. Then I take either the mandatory Magos Reductor with a Machinator or two barebones Domini with Machinators, depending on what variant I'm playing.
Probably going to make an Axiarch soon, with Power Fist and an Archaeotech pistol given that his wargear is cheap as fuck. Where''s a good Enginseer-sized power fist?

When I take MaC allies it's for some heug levy blobs, so Cult Horde/TF and the Force Commander just gets a Tainted Weapon for that occasional lucky ID Rend.

> No argument back so I just green text back
Bitch much?

He makes us all look bad.

Can't wait to see the whole army though. He makes /hhg/ proud nonetheless.

I respectfully disagree. Admittedly, their high I is very appealing, but Lightning Strikes generates an average of 1 additional attack per basic unit, which is compensated for by the fact that they don't have an actual champion. On the charge they are incredible, but outside of it I would rather have anything else in their weight class.
As for the Sentinels, yes. Sentinels are lovely and I cannot overstate how well-designed they are. I just wish Guardian rules are as well-crafted.

>inb4 "Hay gais, wud it bee okay to use the new MkIX powar armor in my legion, I think they so kewl."

>rerollable -1 To Hit him platform?
The Guardians don't get Shields.

Nobody is talking about sentinels, you nerd. Sentinels are great, between stats, rerolls, -1 to hit and Rending they can wrestle with everything.
Guardians on the other hand are way inferior.

Just git gud about charges, ask your local EC player for advice.

Well we already know about people converting sigmarines into custodes. It should no longer suprise us what unspeakable acts people are capable of.

I've seen a couple of games with proxied custodes so far and it mostly seems to check out. Sagittarium squads are garbage, sentinels are solid mainstays, guardians are brilliant on the charge but never get it and the elites and HQs are by and large warcrimes waiting to happen.

>finding anyone playing the bottom-tier emperor's failures

My bad. Even so, that's still a 2W T5 Terminator as a troop choice, and they're not exactly defenseless. Expensive they may be, but there's much worse out there. Not everything is S10 AP2 2+.
Custodes are actually surprisingly well balanced IMO if it's not Hetaeron and Familliar/Shield captain spam. Played them twice now, and both times I managed to win on points due to number of bodies, but they'd killed pretty much anything they touch.

You're not the only one who has subotimal troops choices. Scyllax, for instance.

Also, this is Veeky Forums. Nerd is a rather poor insult as they come.

Recently played my first few games of HH, 1500 point DA Ironwing list and I'm liking the crowed at my local shop. Did real well at that level of points so I ordered a few things and I'm looking to get my 2500 point list criticized.

>HQ
Delegatus + Command Squad, terminator armor on both with a Land Raider Phobos as dedicated transport. All of them have calabanite war blades and a chain fist in there too.

>Troops
Two Tactical Squad, bare bones minus melta's on the sergeants. Both in Rhinos, didn't see either squad do a whole lot last game even with upgrades so I'm keeping them as cheap as possible to camp VPs.

>Elites
Two Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnoughts both with Kheres ass cans. Still assembling them, they look great on paper with Tank Hunter. Hoping to see a lot from them.

>Heavy Support
Two Predator Tanks, both with heavy bolters and Executioner Plasma Cannons, one has Machine Spirit. I ran three last game with predator cannons and they did all right, hoping the upgrade makes them more viable.

Three Vindicator Siege Tanks all with Laser Destroyer Arrays and one with Machine Spirit. These worked wonderfully, if the Preds aren't pulling their weight I was going to run another squad of vindicators in their place.

Two Leviathan Siege Dreadnoughts both with Phosphex, Seige Claws and Grax-Flux.Melta Lance. Are two Leviathans cheesy? This is where I'm having the most trouble, can't decide if I should run two of these at 2500 or one in a drop pod. Primarchs are normal from what I can see at this point level, these should be able to handle one or a LoW maybe.

As it stands I'm over by 30 points but that's an easy fix. Any glaring problems with my list that I've over looked? I regularly played 40k around this point level and I'm not sure if my list building translate over to 30k well. I was considering dropping the preds for Medusa's but I didn't want to invest more points for nuncio-voxes on the Tact Squad, over all it would be cheaper though.

You must have special education, right? Big E gave them the Palatine Aquila for a fucking reason, you dunderhead.

>Custodes are actually surprisingly well balanced IMO if it's not Hetaeron and Familliar/Shield captain spam
This.
They are a solid army, but not an overpowered one. FW managed to make custodes a proper army, rather than the new power creeped FotM army.