/btg/ Battletech General!

---------------------------------

Get funky edition!

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: =================================

BattleTech video-game pre-alpha gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=FjEeDz51pHE

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – UPDATED (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

(new)
bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-02-13 - Still getting worked on & now has 11079 pics!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-03-07!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yb-y8_BFa4s
youtube.com/watch?v=UAc585bM52M
youtube.com/watch?v=V6DF2qCd9TI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

haha butte hold amaris did literally nothing wrong, the rim worlds republic will rise again!

Urbie LAMs for everybody!

Just shut the fuck up user. You aren't funny. You aren't clever. You aren't original. You're trying to force a meme, and succeeding only in being a worthless cunt. If you had the courage of your convictions, you'd put on and keep on a trip rather than hiding behind user like a worthless cunt.

Find new material, because the only reason anybody cares about what you post is that you're wasting perfectly good thread space being a worthless cunt.

Battletech is not for weebs

Fuck off medron

You act as if text on a screen is made out of paper and we can't grow trees anymore for Firestarters to burn down, user. Calm down, son.

I find the older anime had a warmth to the characters that the newer stuff just doesn't manage. Happened sometime in the 90s.

This is pasta, isn't it?
Also
> If you had the courage of your convictions, you'd put on and keep on a trip rather than hiding behind user like a worthless cunt.
>Anonymous
>MFW

More than the characters, I prefer the older mechanical designs.

A lot of the 80s stuff, and mid 90s stuff, just felt beefier. Less showy, more viable. Especially as you start getting into the CGI-assisted age, I started noticing things looking less and less like something manufactured, more like someone glued a bunch of shards of glass together.

Think original transformers versus the new transformers under Michael Bay. It feels like the same sort of thing is happening to mecha series in Japan.

Battletech is for weebs.

What he said. Some of the mecha I see recently have fragile joints. Don't get me started on some of the recent Macross fighters in mech mode. Sheesh. I like me mech chests beefy like a Dougram / Shadow Hawk and my legs thicc like an Archer.
And my mech penises tiny like a Penetrator. Locust CT MLs scare me. I think they are all manufactured in Kenya.

Herb's polls would mean more if they hadn't been so goddamned easy to miss. They should have been up-front in the General Discussion board rather than tucked away in some special board where there's no reason to be, 90% of the time.

get a load o' this clanner

>"Ummm, user you do main the Magistracy of Canopus, right?"
>"Don't even ask him, Becca, he's probably a misogynist who plays the Great Houses."

How do you reply to them?

Jesus Christ bot, get it together.

>I like me mech chests beefy like a Dougram / Shadow Hawk and my legs thicc like an Archer.

So stocky, it could only be 100 tons!

I mock them for maining any faction.

PICK MECHS

GO FIGHT

It is all you need.

I did this once with a Kingfisher, first turn of the game, fell on its head and popped the cockpit.

Terminatorsinksintomoltenmetalandgivesathumbsup.webm

Tripod and Super Melee T-Rex Urbs added

>Dougram tried to push the formula even further into the realism camp, but while that flies well with western audiences, there's good reason why Dougram has not continued to exist in Japan outside of plastic models.

Not at all.
Dougram never got big in Japan because the director went on to create VOTOMS which was a straight upgrade over the show.
VOTOMS exists and is getting new shows to this day.

Japanese also like realistic robots (they're simply not as autistic about it like some elements).
Heck, realistic shows have outnumbered their superhero counterparts for a long time now.

If you still get over it, just look at video games.
It was Japanese who made Steel Battalion, for instance. The single best mech simulator in the history of human kind.

>Terminatorsinksintomoltenmetalandgivesathumbsup.webm

I now know why you cry... but it's something I can never do.

I know this is 2017, but how about a GIF?

That's because you are old and your preferences are also old

>Freebirth Trash, You dare refuse my batchall?

>Especially as you start getting into the CGI-assisted age

CGI allows for much busier designs but the thin designs are not really a part of it.
Viz. Bubuki Buranki vs Knights of Sidonia.
Bubuki is completely CGI and the robots are still decently bulky. KoS is a manga adaptation and yet the designs would most likely fall under your "shards of glass" definition.

Wrong image, sry.

Similarly, here's some non-anime example.
Bulky robots are still very much a thing, CGI or not.

I have had the bot, with mech equipped with JJs, instead of going over water or STINKING LAVA, wade into that mess and horribleness would ensue. I still don't trust it with VTOLs because the last times I did that every enemy VTOL went to the southeast corner of the map, bunched up, and became near useless the entire game. I used to keep a list of idiocy that the bot would engage in just for whatevers.

I main FS, mercs and play silly clans from time to time, but I also play as the "bad guy" factions (anybody the scenario calls for) for others to pound on who also provides a decent challenge for friends who need a campaign.
I would never, ever play MoC because I also don't know how to present myself as V-Boy either.
Back in the day a V-boy was a weirdo who would tuck their penis and testicles under them to present themselves as a female either to fool someone else, or as a joke. Doing so to your wife would eventually lead to divorce.

Holy hell numbers 2 and 3 are cute in that photo.

That may be true, but I have the same aesthetic problems with skinny women who look too fragile for a good shagging.

The bot not knowing how to control VTOLs is a known issue, at least. You can probably reduce its propensity for taking risky movement actions by altering the bot settings.

I see. When playing the bot sometimes I don't know if I should have background music of Lords of Thunder or Yakity Sax.

Does anyone have a copy of the Mario response to the Liao request for aid? The one with the 22 tons of toilet paper. I have a newbie in our merc group I want to show it to but I am on my mobile right now, not my desktop, so I don't have the image on this decice

This?

Yes, thanks.

>Gurren Lagann
Isn't that like the complete opposite of BattleTech?

Marik fluff gets even better

Got my new elementals assigned to be with my Nova. Am I set for combat?

Of course I do.

>MoC is run by women
>respects life, prizes medical abilities
>no nuclear conflicts, survives comfortably

>other factions are run by men
>prize fighting
>worlds are engulfed in nuclear, biological and chemical war
>billions die

As a female gamer, this is one of the more realistic aspect of BT lore. Nations run by women are better run, safer and benefit from matriarchal government.

Please don't make a hateful argument out of this. I'm only pointing out how the story does correspond with real life. Women are more compassionate than men when in leadership positions, and this compassion is reflected statistically in how we vote.

Anyway, robots. Has anyone here used the Marshal?

Crud first pass.

7/10 bait, you can do better, I beleive in you.

We're talking about aesthetics/designs or mechs in general, not just Battletech.

Besides, TTGL is going through just about every mech franchise ever made, it's not only super-robo related, it's just its best parts.
youtube.com/watch?v=yb-y8_BFa4s

>As a female gamer

Ahhhhhhh WOMEN! *runs away*

You can call it b8 if it makes you uncomfortable but I also asked a question. We can at least talk about mechs.

I-is that... my Crud design?

bait/10, well done, you almost got someone

>Has anyone here used the Marshal?
It's alright. Trooper/10. It troops pretty hard.

Those are some good points. We've talked about the differences in male and female voting trends in my political science classes.

A-fucking men.

>I don't know where mahq gets their info, but it's as far as I am going to research that.
Model boxes and sidebars in art/design books. The canon, such as it is, is deeply inconsistent anyway. Their forum "discussions" about it make us look civil and rational.

> What can some /m/echa bro do to make their own Gundam and fight the never ending emo wars in the theater of their own minds?
Hit up Da Archive pdf thread - get Mekton Zeta, and the Referee screen (it contains the wargaming rules for using Mekton). In addition, there was a loosely Mekton-based game named "Gundam Senki", but Bandai pulled the license before got out of alpha in the states (during the Anime Crash in ~2002).

If you don't mind some mildly sloppy gameplay, there's "Gundam Collection Battles", which is a straight wargame port of the Gundam Generation console games. I recommend patching in activation rolls or another decent interlocking initiative system over IGYG, but it's still playable. Hit up the Yahoo mail group or Facebook group (you're looking for "Gundam Collection 1/400 Tactical Battles") for translated rules and stat cards. You can pick up the models on the 'bay or buy recasts from Maylasia - I do my own recasting personally, but there are a couple guys in the group who do an amazing job now that Bandai has stopped carrying anything in that scale range.

So?

I don't main, I don't play factions, I just GM. Now are you gonna finish writing up your MIIO cell before or after I finish this bottle of whiskey?

>Has anyone here used the Marshal?
Yeah. It's just a Griffin with an engine down-grade. The -6MC is the best variant (shocking, that..), but all three are decent Troopers. Personally, I'd pull the MPL on the -X1 for a pair of SPLs or a Medium and another pair or MGs

Also your political assertions are both unfounded and hilariously historically ignorant, but as you said we don't need to make an argument of this :P

Another internal shot of Gundam Senki, the start of the Zeke section of the rulebook. It definitely uses some form of stat compression compared to Mekton, and not just the "The Movie!" rulesfor wargaming. Unfortunately, Bandai kept the official translator under a legal gag order so we've been trying to piece it together for several years without his help. Not sure where the community is on that, I dropped out of the Mekton groups back before the Kickstarter.

>women make better leaders
>a sampling of corrupt women leaders of nations in the 20-21 centuries
>eva peron
>imelda marcos
>park gyun-hye
>dilma rousseff

sure thing, "femanon"/10

>Also your political assertions are both unfounded and hilariously historically ignorant
Not her but her claims are backed enough to be taught in college. Perhaps you could expand on your opinion? She might not be willing but I'll argue on it.

>cherry pick examples
So by your standard every male leader is literally Hitler?

Take it to Veeky Forums if you insist on this nonsense.

Not to rain on your parade but there are quite a few girls who play BattleTech (besides pretend ones like MadCap). Check out the OF sometime.

>Arguing about Battletech politics
>All Battletech universe politics are, like the economy and scale of the setting, cartoon garbled nonsense
>Treating any part of the Battletech universe seriously

Its beautiful what people will do in order to argue. And what bait they will take.

>talking shit about Dilma
>talking shit about the only Brazilian politician they didn't found proofs of being corrupt

She was impeach because she was left wing and she cut funds destined to media. Then the media painted her as literally devil incarnate. Our current president and the previous president, also from the workers party, are proved corrupts and even so she attracted all the hate

Also, Evita wasn't a politician. She married one

btw im a girl

>Not to rain on your parade but there are quite a few girls who play BattleTech.

This is Veeky Forums.
Chicks dig giant robots, but /m/ already filled out the quota for those. Only traps are allowed here unless you want to upset the laws of the universe.
youtube.com/watch?v=UAc585bM52M

>implying I would ever allow girls at my gaming table

>"no girls allowed" fortress

You a Taurian player by any chance?

Seems more like something a clan player would do honestly.

Ok, this might be a bad time to ask but I'm looking for Canopian/Taurian/Outworlder variants of common battlemechs.

If anyone has made their own, I'd love to see them.

NEA, CampaignAnon, I'm kinda hoping one of you are here to contribute.

For example I know the Magistracy makes the Shadow Hawk but I'd be interested in a more "Canopian" Succession Wars refit for it. Maybe crossing into Griffin territory and replacing the AC with a PPC?

Nah, its generally just good practice for tabletop games.

Hey. Leave us Taurian players out of this sexist garbage.

Why do you believe that?

Cause women showing up at gaming sessions are never there for the game. They are either there for attention or because their boyfriend dragged them in

In which era? I've got some and would gladly come up with more

>Gurren Lagann

pls no

>I have low standards

translated that for you

If you are our current art user than yeah, its yours. Nice to meet you, I'm the sprite user. Thank you for your hard work.

>t. Guy who does not known anymore outside his friends circle

>played with about 500 guys over the years
>never met a SINGLE woman who had the most basic idea what the fuck is going on

Yeah, I guess the problem is with me. Its not that hard to leave the nagging gf at home.

I know that feel dude. My buddy's girl is allowed a girls night whenever she wants, but lord help him if he wants to do a guys night.

Luckily it ended when she came and sat through 5 hours of planning a Shadowrun without strippers being called. Now she just thinks he has boring hobbies and friends.

Do you have a problem with Large Crimson Face?
youtube.com/watch?v=V6DF2qCd9TI

Late Succession wars to eve of the jihad.

Thank you for the compliment OP

I can't unsee the face now

Holy shit user. This is what was missing in my life. Thank you.

Looks like my gf.

Posting form last thread, but what other mechs have parts on their chassis that look like head phones/musical instruments?

>What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in neckbeard FLGS, and I’ve been involved in numerous War gaming sessions, and I have over 500 confirmed game buddies

And thank you for honoring me with a sprite. I'll be sure to try and refine my older doodles and provide more if you feel like something needs an update.

You know she's banging dudes on the side right

I've never met a guy who says "Looks too skinny for a good shag hurr durr" who doesn't actually mean "I can only score fat slags"

Can't handle the truth, user?

I'm honestly of two minds when it comes to the TC. On one hand, I really love their 3085 style of fast heavies IJJs and weirdo weapon loadouts, but on the other hand I also feel like the style that actually fits their way of doing things in the pre-jihad era would be a lot different and much solid and bland, lots of "we took it, switched it to DHS, added CASE and more armor (where possible) and didn't really do much else"
I'll get examples of both up here in a bit

Holy hell, *exploding Crusader noises*, did, did you, wait, hol' on, did you really, wait... seriously completely understand me... wait, this is too much, did you... get me, a complete stranger you never met online without ever meeting me?
And I thought Mistress Cleo was dead or something. Well clearly, user, you got me. I can't beat your airtight logic. *masturbates a Locust ML in your face until it cums*
whatever.
big robits.
hot wommens.
yadda

lmao sad

Not my girl so I don't know the whole situation, but he hasn't said anything about it. Either he trusts her, or he's being super beta.

so any other Touring The Stars you guys want to see?

I'm interested in building a Lyran Lightning Company.

What are some must-have Lyran-made 'Mechs for one?

Necromo, Galax or Alarion maybe?

>poulsbo
>not loric

Tell me that isn't real.

I don't know. Some have been pretty shit that I wonder why they bother.

Blitzkrieg imo, but opinions will vary. Spectre for sure. Commando, locust, Firestarter omni, Wolfhound, P-Hawk, Chameleon, Enfield, Nightsky, Starslayer, Uziel, Bushwacker, Griffin.

There are more, but those are ones I like.

Fireball exists and is lightning fast.

I was bored and thought about doing it as Cincinnatus instead, but meh.