Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Best chapter edition.

>Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=OBJ3HqkPQUA

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 300% organized, apparently.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs. They're really fired up!
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book, please ask us about it anyway
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (AI, law 2, pet the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Rise of Primarch epub anyone?

Tau are the best race. Prove me wrong

>tfw too intelligent for a to hit and wound chart

KILL ALL ORK AND NID PLAYERS
PURGE THE WEAK

Which is a better all comer sword or maul? And which kit has a bunch on the sprues?

I don't mind formation as they're both playable but fluffy at the same time. Take a big grunt formation, small elite formation and get some bonuses for recreating something from canon.

I wasn't clear: I meant give ObSec back solely to Troops, like in 6th edition.

they don't like cqc, automatic fail

Those fuckers cant melee for shit.

>Onager Gauntlet
>Fusion Blades
>Failsafe Detonator
Tau are a melee race

>long time tzeench player here haha
>hold on let me see what that power does

can a transport vehicle hold more than 1 squad in it if it a fast attack and not dedicated transport?

Post your homebrews, we all know this will be the only place you ever use them anyway.

>Deathwatch Kill Marine
>30 points
>unit consists of one model, can add up to 4 additional Kill Marines costing 30 points each
>same stats as a DW Veteran
>same equipment as a DW Veteran but with a camo-cloak and a stalker bolter instead of a bolter
>any model in the squad can select weapons from the Ranged, Special and Melee category
>any model in the squad can take melta bombs for 5 points each
>same special rules as a DW Veteran plus infiltration
>can be taken as part of the Kill Team formations confering his infiltration special rule to the Kill Team

No.
Only marines can carry more than one unit in a normal transport.

Thoughts on the list?

From a narrative perspective they're insufferably badly written, effectively being the best at everything with no weaknesses and pitiful consequences for breaking the themes of the setting (on top of gaining advantages for it), the only thing stopping them being territory.

From an in-universe perspective, too small and Empire to be worth much in the grand scheme of things except through their habit of weakening the Imperium. Necrons in particular, if they had any reason to, could blow the entire Empire away with minimal issue.

I used to consider orks my least favorite faction because they were silly and rediculous, but now its nids because orks have fluff and personality where as nids players are all faggot WAACs who don't care about the fluff further than to whine their army isnt the most powerful.

>nids players are all faggot WAACs
>nids players

>orks my least favorite faction because they were silly and rediculous

i've heard tales tau being ready to fight but i haven't seen it yet. hopefully when i get my eldar finished i'll see it happen in real life next week

Spawn arent good, Id drop them and give your base marine squads meltaguns, Id switch your terminator combi weapons to have a couple meltas too.

Also come on man, take squads of 8. What are you trying to do with squads of six there, get spawned yourself? Using Slaaneshs sacred number is a sure way to earn the disfavor of nurgle.

Rate
Be harsh.

YOUZ WANNA 'AVE A GO DO YA?!

that actually sounds really cool.

my mind is too barricaded by thought that i'll never get to play my homebrew units, to even attempt making any

So Tyrannid codex released this summer - elite designs based on the Hive Minds encounters with chaos/imperium.

The imperium was right, this was just a scout fleet and now the true invasion begins, with the endless horde that devoured 12 (twelve) galaxies before.

Nids will get new evolutions that can match bloodthirsters in battle and face the greatest psykers down due to Hive Mind adaptations.

It's all ogre.

anyone have any advice on a poor kawaii boi like me who wants to start some tsun night lord kuns? I know they are jump assault armies but I dont know where to begin aside from buying raptors

Stop posting this in every thread and please go play an army with fluff.

>Nids
>WAAC

are you trying to rub it in? Nid players like to collect space bugs. Not everybody has to like super speshul 100% lore background deepest lore races man.

>Nid player making fun of people for getting into the fluff
Kys casual chad
Go play CoD and get out of my tabletop.

Cool fanfic.

Maul insta gibs stuff alot more if on even a basic marine, also has concussive to help out, tends to would alot on wounds and makes vehicles alot easier.
Sword just goes through 3+ and makes marine on marine a little easier.

I need spawn as an Aux. choice to fill out DG Decurion.

Also 8 is not Nurgle's sacred number either - 7 is

Basically, you need to buff and debuff stack intelligently.

Done right, and that formation makes it way easier, you're functionally I5 and are hitting marines on 3's whilst they hit you on 5's on your crucial Slaughtersprint turn.

They're also great against vehicles because of the dataspike, fast even when not slaughtersprinting, and you can relic one of the units Zealot.

Meanwhile the infiltrators are weight of fire personified, and their debuff bubble is downright infuriating when buffed up to 12 inches.

>every fucking nid game ever
>"it's your last stand and you have to survive"
>last stand over and over again

Oh yeah, it is...
My bad.
Still, I know 6 is Slaanshes sacred number.
Drop a terminator or something and give your squads meltaguns or atleast some special weapon.

Why do you hate Nids so much? Did a Mawloc eat your mum and dad?

say goodbye to any marine character who isnt currently in plastic

Reminder not to respond to the nid shitposter who keeps copy/pasting the same shit

So what's the verdict, are these kitbashes or leaks for swole marines?

They're just a boring army and no one wants to hear people who don't care about fluff saying their faction is the best and its gonna win and always should win.

Like there are plenty of great nid players who just love the aesthetic of the army, which is fine. Nids do look really good with their phallic xenomorph penis heads. Hell even fighting a namelless and endless horde is cool- but if you're a fluff-casual WAAC and start talking to people who actually care about the setting asserting the dominance of your faction when you have no invstment in the setting is annoying at first but quickly overflows into rage and hatred.

>new mega folder: still no How To Paint: Ironjawz

sad

what is this?

>people who don't care about fluff saying their faction
Well they are doing right.

Named characters are for losers anyway, what kind of faggot uses a premade character when thy can take a generic character and self insert on it instead?

a shitty photo

Yeah, Marines Malevolent!

Is this even English?

It's either a remarkably good kitbash that plausibly looks like it could be Mark nine armour, or it's a new marine model photographed on someone's crappy workbench.

Either way, a perfect troll that skirts the line perfectly between real and fake, causing the community to implode.

>First shipment from GW is done through Fedex
>Gets here very quickly with no problems
>Second shipment from GW is done though UPS
>Lost

ok, I thought it was important or something

Ah, well if anything that Larger Bolter looks really cool.

>faggot for not being a loser who has to self insert
At least put effort into the bait

Why do you think they don't care about fluff, user?

Megamarine.

Made with Guilliman's blood to be super astartes. Coming soon.

>Can't afford £6 for a book he wants

sad

just looks like mk8.1 with a double bolter

Mechanicus Karos Assault Crawler:

Vehicle
AV 11/10/10 Open-Topped, Doctrina Imperatives (Yes, that can net you a WS4 non-walker).
Carries 11 non-bulky or higher, armed with two Kataphron Phosphor Blasters, costs 60.
Nothing fancy, like the rest of the Skitarii on their own. Dedicated Transport for Vanguard, Rangers, Peltasts and Hoplites.

Alt build:

Mechanicus Phalanx Shield Generator:
125 points.

Same chassis as the Karos, but loses the armament for a 30k style Anabaric Claw (D6 S5 AP4 Rending hits in melee at I10 or during a vehicle ram/being rammed, once per turn) and swaps the Transport Cap and Open-Topped for two Void Shield Generator layers, that work the same as that. Can buy another for 15pts.
Gains the Crawler rule like the Dunecrawler, generator is heavy.

Both can buy Dozers, Hunter-Killers, Extra Armour, all the usual nonsense.

Formation for them:
Two to six Karos, 1-3 Phalanx. Karos must be carrying 10-strong Skitarii or Secutarii units. Phalanx regens shields at a +1 for each Karos within 6", but each Karos only buffs the closest Phalanx, so the more transports you hide under one shield, the stronger it gets, but will obviously be taking more fire. Having one Phalanx protecting four Karos for guaranteed shield regen is attractive, but when those shields go down and they kill your AV11/10/10 generator the rest of those are going to be hurting.

Probably accidentally made something extremely broken here that I haven't noticed. Any bullshit combos you can find, guys and/or girls?

i'm confused about why we're getting megamarines. shouldn't this have popped up in 30k? ya know the height (higher then now) of technology, multiple primarchs around and the emperor doing his experiments

Mark 9 with Cawl-made repeater Bolter, prolly if it's real.

Which I'm cool with, I'll be disgusted if it has a buffed base stat line rather than just equipment and is given "Now that Gulliman is back we can make Gullimarines!" Backstory though.

Cawl's been working on it for 10,000 years. Guilliman gave him two tasks, the super armour he now wears, and the super marines.

Shit > Nids

Makes me laugh when Nid players are like "my army should be super adaptive!" and then ignore the fact that the Nid army in the fluff only adapts after their wave has been destroyed and not on the fly.

Your "adaption" is taking a different list friend.

>Now that Gulliman is back we can make Gullimarines

Sounds like those neo-marines Corax was doing for a while.

Why are you being so defensive? I'm not making fun of you i'm just confused as to why you're stalking nid players thread to thread telling them they shouldn't play. I have a nid army as well as gaurdsmen and admech. I enjoy the fluff greatly as well. Not every nid player is that same chad that made fun of you the last time you went outside your house.

Man I just like space bug dinos.

maybe we'll get veterans with WS/BS/I 5 again

If they're legit I'll probably swap the bolters with the classic model, though. Longbolters look kinda janky.

Marines on 25mm bases, or on 32mm? What's the consensus?

>fucking GW my meme army that nobody plays doesnt get enough releases reeeeee
>buys second hand
>pirates his codex
Everytime

So they're brand new, and they have WS/BS5?

The fuck do trained ones have, WS/BS6 with 9/8 captains?

used to be 25, got changed to 32

No one fucking knows stats yet.

I'm not

Huh

Shit

I have a lot of recasting to do, Welp?

see
I don't really hate nids, I just hate nid players who are WAACs with no investment in the setting. This faggot just sets me off because hes clearly the asshole who thinks nids should always win and be better than everyone so that he can play his fluffless army in tournaments.

>Ghazghkull is the prophet of Gork n Mork!
>LD9

did you miss the MAYBE at the start of my post

also I'd assume they'd be already veteran marines, just given new gear

No option for Teleport Homers/Locator Beacons?

Yeah, for nids. I play Warconvo.

>did you miss the MAYBE at the start of my post?

No, but I was calling your suggestion silly if these are meant to be newbies straight out of the gene forge.

Well I mean speaking personally I would like if I could play them without just doing skyblight but I am also building dark angles and chaos so I'd say I'm "invested" in the fluff.

Whichever you prefer.
32mm looks much better, Im actually very glad GW gave space marines a larger base.

Orks are cool until they start talking like brain-damaged soccer hooligans. Listening to their tard speak kills any sense of seriousness or tension.

I know the "official" guidelines changed, but which option is considered better?

Hey /40kg/

I really want to start a Minotaurs army. I know, I know, lots of people hate that chapter, and their tactics admittedly aren't very good unless Moloc's around. But they look pretty cool and I like the idea that they're the High Lords' fratricidal attack dogs.

My problem, however, is that I've always played xenos and have no idea where to start with Space Marines - especially not with SM who should be A) Assault focused and B) loaded up with fancy equipment (ie a bunch of Forge World stuff). Does anyone have any suggestions?

My problem is really that my lists all end up super "top heavy" and without too much purpose.

Here's what I came up with at 1250
HQ:
>Lord (mother fucking) Asterion Moloc - 235

Elites:
>Cataphractii Terminators - 200
(3 with Combi-Bolter and Lightning Claw, 1 with Chainfist and Heavy Flamer, Sergeant with Grenade Harness, Combi-Bolter and Sword)
>Vanguard Veteran Squad - 160
(Jump Packs, 2x Veteran with 2 Lightning Claws, 2x Veteran with Bolt Pistol and Power Sword, 1x Sergeant with Melta Bombs, Storm Shield, and Power Sword)

Troops:
>Scout Squad - 84
(Camo Cloaks, 4x Sniper Rifle, Sergeant with Combi-Flamer and Teleport Homer)
>Tactical Squad - 130
(Rhino with Hunter Killer; 5 Marines, 1x Plasma Gun)

Fast Attack:
>Drop Pod - 35
(Goes with Cents)
>Land Speeder - 70
(2x Multi-Melta)
>Land Speeder - 70
(2x Multi-Melta)

Heavy:
>Centurion Devastator Squad
(2x Grav-Cannon and Grav-Amp + Hurricane Bolter, Sergeant with Grav-Cannon and Grav-Amp, Missile Launcher, and Omni-scope)

32mm because then its legal you cheating fuck

>if these are meant to be newbies
why would they be newbies

Marines can just upgrade their armour, man. That's what happened with marks one through seven before technology started stagnating.

I'm not, it nerfed small blasts even further to make some armies (any marines, Necrons..) 32mm.

On the other hand, it does work -perfectly- for Stealth Suits, which were always about terminator bulky but not quite as wide in stance.

And yet Tau Fire Warriors with about 10-15 years of experience on the battlefield have the same WS and one higher BS than a Tactical Marine. GW doesn't give a shit about what makes sense from an 'experience' perspective and training counts for fuck-all these days in terms of 40k's 'skill'-scaling.

Fuck I forgot my picture

>And yet Tau Fire Warriors with about 10-15 years of experience on the battlefield have the same WS and one higher BS than a Tactical Marine.

The fuck are you talking about? The veteran, even the translates as hero statlines for Tau are 3/3 same as the private.

Only commanders have any better, and those guys are basically equivalent to a chapter master.

Right well I apologize for hating on your army then, you're not the kind of person Im talking about. I just can't stand when nid players say shit like, "my army always wins." or, "The Tyranids are unstoppable." or, "The bigger wave is coming to eat everything."
Like every army has an inevitable win condition in the fluff (except Eldar lol), Id hate an Imperium player if he walked around in the store saying Imperium armies should never lose because they have an unending wave of troops and that one day the emperor is gonna wake up and kill all the xenos/chaos.

25 just looks weird to me.
plis i'm a fag for decorating my bases, so 32 gives more space

Fire Warriors have 2/3, Fireblades (who have about 10-15 years of experience) have 4/5, Firesight Marksmen have 2/5.

Gullimarines are supposedly a brand new form of gene enhancement.

Erm let's see that -- official (not guidelines) is what base it currently comes with. Terminators moved from 25mm to 40mm bases, no problems, so of course Space Marines should be 32mm bases. Is reading and understanding a problem for you?

Supposedly, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Ah, I had it wrong, don't own a tau codex.

All I know is anyone of 'Ui rank or higher is equivalent to a guard veteran, but both Shas'Ui and Shas'Vore have the same BS as a basic guardsman.

6£ are more than free

You're trying to say I have to rebase all my old marines for them to be legal?

Fuck that shit

Well, mine came with 25mm, so I think I'm justified to think about buying the 32 ones

I just want to make stormtroopers great again, so I stole a bunch of stuff from the Skitarii codex;

>Tempestus Scions [75pts]

>Unit Composition: 4 Tempestus Scions, 1 Tempestor

Tempestor---WS4 / BS4 / S3 / T3 / W1 / I3 / A2 / Ld9
Scion----------WS4 / BS4 / S3 / T3 / W1 / I3 / A1 / Ld8

>Wargear:

Carapace Armour
Hellgun (Scion)
Hellpistol (Tempestor)
Close Combat Weapon (Tempestor)
Frag & Krak Grenades

>Special Rules:

Deep Strike, Move Through Cover, Precision Shots

>Hellgun

Range18"/S3/AP5/Assault 3, Shred

>Hellpistol

Range6"/S3/AP5/Pistol, Burst Pistol, Shred

Burst Pistol: A weapon with this special rule fires five shots when fired, but is otherwise treated as a pistol

>OPTIONS:

May include up to five additional Tempestus Scions [13pts/model]

The Tempestor may swap his Hellpistol & CCW for a Hellgun for free

The Tempestor may take items from the Melee Weapons and Special Weapons list

One Tempestus Scion may carry a Vox Caster [5pts]

Up to two Tempestus Scions which haven't recieved any other upgrades may replace their Hellgun with an item taken from the Special Weapons list

The squad may take a Valkyrie Assault Carrier as a Dedicated Transport

The squad may take a Taurox Prime as a Dedicated Transport. All units in your opponent's army get Prefered Enemy against the squad and transport. The squad's point cost is increased to [600pts]. Your opponent is allowed to stamp repeatedly on your Dedicated Transports if victorious.