Anyone Else Miss Chapter Master?

I rediscovered this game last night and man its fun, but the guy working on it left it in a really buggy state.

I think instead of making crappy mobile games, GW should get a dev to work on a Warhammer grand strategy game, similar to Civ or CK2.

If Warhammer 40k goes Age of Sigmar, will we be able to legally develop Chapter Master?

There's already an excellent Warhammer Fantasy mod for CK2 which is better than 90% of licensed GW games.

Kinda like Warhammer with space ships more desu

No, why insist on 40k names though? Just rename the shit, like every 3rd party bits company does and you'll be fine.

I want a strategy game where you play as one of the Primarchs in the Great Crusade and you can chose to do what the Emperor tells you or start a rebellion. Like Horus not being the only one to go Heresy.

>If Warhammer 40k goes Age of Sigmar

>Veeky Forums is still shitposting about this

Best 40k books to read?

Rereading the archived threads is always very amusing.

>if
Where have you been the last couple months?

>If Warhammer 40k goes Age of Sigmar
You mean "when".

Definitely not Iron Hands, by Jonathan Green. Easily the worst published piece of fiction I have ever had the displeasure to read.

Anything by Dan Abnett
I personally like James Swallow as his books introduced me to the universe beyond gawking at Ultramarines and Tyranids on covers... damn back then thats all I thought Warhammer was.

Anyway. There are a host of Warhammer Audiobooks on Youtube, they get taken down but re-uploaded fairly often. Personally I recommend Helsreach and Throne of Lies.
The one hour long audiobooks are short and snappy, most of them are done by Heavy Audio/Entertainment and have all the shit like sound effects and different voice actors.
Hope this helps.

The Cain books by by Sandy Mitchell are pretty good, though they're showing their age.

The Night Lords(Soul Hunter, Blood Reaver and Void Stalker) trilogy stands as my favorite to this day. The Word Bearer's Trilogy(Dark Apostle, Dark Disciple and Dark Creed) are ok but not super good. "Storm of Iron" is a great read however.

Keep me mind there are several books out there that are just collections of short stories. These are often a great place to start.

Anything to do with Ciaphas Cain is a great choice.

>GW should get a dev to work on a Warhammer grand strategy game, similar to Civ or CK2
There is a great mod for CK2. Additionally GW should stop fucking killing fan games.

Gaunt's Ghosts (Warmaster fucking when?!?!), Eisenhorn, Ravenor, Pariah (Penitent fucking when?!?!), Inquisition War trilogy, Word Bearers trilogy, Imperial Guard omnibus (both of them)

We know you're scared, user, and it's okay.

here, forgot about Ciaphas Cain books are pretty good. They do get stale after a little while. Tyranids and Orks are getting a little boring. Some more rogue Inquisitors or Chaotic cults would be nice.

Yeah, the graphics are really showing their age. I'm so mad the resolution doesn't scale, this thing takes up like 1/4 of my screen. I can barely read the event log.

I just opened my Blood Rehvens file, apparently I ragequit when the Tyranids made themselves known... I had some decent "gifts" (teehee) from Khorne, a couple from Nergel, but the strategic situation was less than ideal.

Maybe I'll take a crack at it and see how things play out, I don't think I have the patience to start a new game right now.

>I'm so mad the resolution doesn't scale, this thing takes up like 1/4 of my screen. I can barely read the event log.
You using the really old version pre-UI rework or have a huge monitor?

This

Or if that's too much of a problem because railroading (IF YOU DON'T GO TO ISSTVAN 5 THE IRON HANDS WILL BE DECLARED ROGUE) you just play as an expedition fleet with a few thousand marines

I really liked the Calpurnia books. The Arbites are woefully underrepresented. "Arkham Asylum but you're Arbites hunting heretical cults among the nobility" is my dream game.

>Anything by Dan Abnett that isn't HH
FIFY.

Horus Rising was pretty good, but the rest... meh. Legion wasn't too bad.