Since legions have been retconned from 10,000 to 100,000 marines...

Since legions have been retconned from 10,000 to 100,000 marines, will Guilliman use his new position to increase the Chapter size to 10,000? It seems like a time to do it, and would fit with his 'total war' declaration.

I think he has more pressing concerns than number crunching right now

namely war fighting all day all night

Wouldn't it be easier for constant war if he had bigger chapters?

Maybe this will be GW's way of tying in the '10,000' Legions thing from the IA era.

He doesn't have the time to make bigger chapters. The war has already begun.

Wait, is this bait or has Games Workshop finally developed a sense of scale!?!?!

He will do that right after starting to make female marines.

Get the fuck out

>dat girlrine

What the fuck are you talking about? Legions have been way bigger than 10,000 for years now. The Word Bearers, Ultramarines and Sons of Horus were all supposed to have well over 100,000 marines each.

Did you only just now read some HH fluff?

I'd honestly put my money on it happening, and then the reckoning will come as SJW's smell the blood in the water after GW honestly impressively long standing bulwark against dragging modern identity politics into 40k.

Not enough gene-seed for that

why can't imperium clone geneseed dna?

Probably something to do with clones being "unlucky" and even well trained clones die earlier in combat and accidents than equally trained born humans.

i mean just the geneseed. it's not like if you regrow a limb back from cloned cells your soul is suddenly unlucky

I don't think there is ever really a reason to or it was just never something worth looking in to since running out of geneseed as a whole is not really a problem, for the Imperium at least.

Alternatively it was never done because stuff like that in 40k magically has a habit of backfiring, whether that be the aforementioned bad luck or the geneseed appearing okay for a while before mutations suddenly appear over night.

Isnt it something to do with clones being "soulless" and therefore having no proper gaurd against warp fuckery?

but the marine recruits are normal humans before undergoing the changes

They probably lack the technology to do that without unacceptable rates of genetic degradation. You're not just copying the DNA string here, you have to grow the organs themselves too. Fiddling with the astartes creation process has been tried before, and it tends to result in things like the cursed founding. Curiosity will kill the cat.

It's something like that, basically not being naturally born in any way seems to curse them. I'm not sure if it's entirely that they lack souls because those with the Pariah gene have been referred to as soulless and other than the unsettling feelings they cause in people I don't recall it ever being said they're prone to bad luck.

clones probably have warp presence but blanks are just blanks

Shit's too advanced, it was designed by the big E himself. Not that they don't have work arounds. Vat grown serfs who exist purely to gestate more geneseed in as fast as feasible and stuff.

Bile seems to have a good grasp on the concepts.

No he doesn't. People keep bringing up Bile when he's nowhere near perfecting the process. Just because you discovered how to make a cannon doesn't mean you can mass produce automatic small arms.

If he really wants to fix the problem he can drop the "don't ask don't tell" policy. We all know he already allows female marines.

If this ever happens, I'll expressly come on Veeky Forums to drink your salty little tears.

I'm far beyond caring ever since GW nerfed my 'nid army into nigh on unplayability. I've been salted to the point where I cry fucking crystals already.

>mfw I also play nids
>mfw no face
... touché.

I thought Bile's deal was he was arrogant and delusional enough to "believe" he had cracked it but was just perverting and corrupting it.
Part of being a Chaos following fuckwit and whatnot.

I wouldn't mind if they remained somewhat femine looking but their power armor is the same.

I would think it would be interesting if that was implemented and astartes started becoming their own subrace with maybe shit like mutations and such causing them to deviate from the human based superhumans.

>but their power armor is the same.
Just like Sigmarines

>they remained somewhat femine looking
SM are pumped with so many hormones it would be impossible to look feminine after that.
But it's not like 40k was know for being realistic so who know.