JumpChain CYOA Thread #1383: We Are The Weirdos Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>Last Time On Jumpchain:
Stranger Things
MCU Part 2 WIP v0.85

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/uaTwwMuV
dlnexus.com/fan/rules/11619.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Going to be three separate jumps
Wait, you're actually going to do the entire series?
This makes me feel all warm and happy inside.

Oh yeah, she wants to murder you. Real bad.

We're all weirdos here.

Mhm. Now that I've started the two Nier jumps, I'll eventually have the whole multiverse of that setting done.

Weirdness is normal.

Right. So with Iron Fist having its first episode on Netflix on the 17th and an exam on Wednesday, I'm gonna take a break from MCU2 until I've seen the episode. Figure out if they spoil how that shit works on episode one so I could get a head start on things.

For the most part I think I'm gonna use Asgardians as a shoe-in to import something technological as one's relic, but it will have a small price tag due to how that's not how Relics normally work. We'll see how it works.

Doesn't that also mean that anyone who takes the background is dooming the entire world and themselves?

>[WARM FEELINGS INTENSIFY]

Can you gain a third eye with Wisdom of the King? What happens if you remove the eye that you chose to have change?

Not particularly. Buying that origin lets you get past most of the negative effects of the Flower, it's just that people in setting (Really just Zero, Accord and One) won't be aware of that fact and given that Zero and One are stubborn as goats at the best of times, it'll be hard to convince them. Accord's pretty chill though, but she's not really aiming to kill you.

If you like. Nothing. It's more of a representation of the power, then the power itself.

Reposting my question from last thread or two ago:

Kamen Rider Blade - do I need the J-Buckle in order to use the capstone items available to Drop-In, BOARD, and Civilian?

>The Arc Reactor is NOT engineered from the Tesseract, at least not the Palladium Core version which is what's in the table. Tech Expert's item capstone could easily let you upgrade your Reactors to that version though, and a nuclear generator pumps out way more by comparison.

/me wut

Did they introduce this new tech in the Civil War movie? I haven't seen that yet, but in the first Iron Man movies the whole big enchilada about Arc Reactor tech was that it was ENORMOUSLY better in terms of BOTH Power-to-Mass and Power-to-Volume than even cutting edge nuclear reactor tech at "hold in your hand" sizes. So to introduce a backpack-sized nuke reactor that's _better_ than an Arc Reactor... that's like... like... we have horses, some guy just invented cars, but fuck that, here's a helicopter _built out of horses_ *poof*.

It's kind of weird, yeah. But in the game we se-

>game
>mfw I remembered that blunder with using games with the Mjolnir Discussion

...aaaaaand mental note to self: Replace nuclear reactor with a more improved Arc Reactor version.

...Doesn't the Arc Reactor put out more energy then Hoover Dam or something? I remember hearing that somewhere.

It puts out fifty gigawatts per second. Which is hopefully a mistake on the writers' part, or else the amount of energy it produces is constantly increasing.

The first movie claims 3 gigajoules per second. I just found this comment on that while googling:

>It's also about five times the power output of your average nuclear power plant. And this thing doesn't need a 20 acre facility to do it, and is somehow efficient enough that it doesn't cook him alive. Whatever in the hell that thing is running on, real life engineers would give their balls to know how to make them.

I think that sums it up nicely.

>It puts out fifty gigawatts per second. Which is hopefully a mistake on the writers' part, or else the amount of energy it produces is constantly increasing.
?

*headpats* That's okay. We've all been there.
(saves that pic for my own future use)

Yes, yes, and yes.

gigawatts are a measure of energy output per second. So to use gigawatts per second is to claim that the output is changing over time.

It's the same as how velocity is measured in metres per second while acceleration is measured in metres per second per second.

73. Girl Genius
Perks: Wrenchman, FREEDOM AT LAST, Machiavellian Planning, Survivor, Smoke Knight Training
Items: Tools, Locket
Drawbacks: Mute

(Holy shit. Holy shit on a shingle. Rebellion here is one of the most terrible ideas I've ever had. Sparks are insane and terrible and I have absolutely no idea how one would contain the phenomenon. This world was practically designed around building an unstable pecking order and petty squabbles between science-lords. Or literally designed around it. Messes of men taken out by godless machines and their own mind-controlled comrades. Things left to go berserk when unattended. Hunter-killers and traps specifically for me. The last one is actually sort of flattering.

Ah well, at least I took out enough mad scientists to make a name for myself. Starting with my former mistress. Once I saw the child-vats I couldn't really do nothing and thingsspiraled from there. I learned quickly to take out the head honchos first and their creations second. Then your just dealing with leftover monsters and deadly devices and not an angry mad scientist. If you destroy the clone-bodies beforehand.

This is the first jump I've had to regrow limbs in. This is the first jump I've had to chop off my own limbs to survive. It is easier to bloodbend your own blood, though. Especially when the idiots don't think to include immunity to their own weird molecular destabilizers so that you can spread it to them by throwing the slowly melting severed limb in their eyes.)

A watt is one joule per second. It already indicates the rate of energy generation. So "watts per second" is the same as "joules per second, per second", and means that the rate of power generation is increasing in each second. Fifty gigawatts per second means that with each second that passes the reactor increases its energy output by fifty gigajoules. So the first second is fifty gigajoules, the second one hundred, the third one hundred and fifty, etc.

Lucarioanon? Its been awhile.

Basically I need to decide between perks or items then, unless I want to go Drop-In and just get the capstone + Buckle + Absorber.

I wonder what would happen if you ate the worm entities and replaced them via killer queen?

Bro I finally made my build like I promised, It isn't good or decent but I made my build like I promised and I'll just leave the story making to you and just read your stories pastebin.com/uaTwwMuV

You get a horrible stomach ache after trying to eat something the size of a superterrestrial planet that has defenses based on warping space time and projecting supernovas worth of energy. Hope you took a lot of perks to reinforce your intestines.

Sounds like you spent a lot of time doing pic-related?

How do I prevent judgement day in terminator /jc/?

Remind NATO that we have airgapped nuclear silos for a reason, and that to connect everything to a single network is absolutely insane.

well, I'm nigh on indestructible, can turn into a massive wolf/griffin/man thing and can stop time and drain power from things. Not to mention also being a shoggoth and having not even my final form form mixing.

Okay, but how massive is that wolf/griffin/man thing. Because again, very large thing you're eating.

The thing you're eating spans several different universes.

Planetary EMP.

Doesn't make a difference, by the time he can eat a Worm entity he can eat universes. We've seen this build before.

Yes and no. If you ask a mad scientist what something is, they will tell you. Especially if you act like you don't understand but still really love their work.

So, I often found out what the fuck that is. It was occasionally even something nice.

Go around to all the nuclear silos and use alchemy to transmute all the radioisotopes to lead.

hmm, probably can't eat them and reproduce them then. I'm big, but I'm not that big. Still, I could almost certainly kill them. I suppose I could eat them if I didn't try to do it in one sitting though. If I were prototype virus as well as shoggoth I could probably eat them easily, but currently in my chain it seems untenable. Darn. I suppose I could just seed them with mako reactors, but that isn't as fun as making them loyal to me.

Here's the thing.

There's a reason the canon method of coercing / diplomancing him into suicide works. Brute-forcing a thing like Scion is going to take tremendous amounts of effort compared to getting to him before Jack Slash and talking him down.

oh aye, scion is troublesome, I was trying to find a way to skip a lot of the drudgery though. Especially since I still haven't gotten around to reading the bloody series(though my build has it on a tablet and will have read it in an instant).

Brute forcing a thing like Scion doesn't take much effort at all, as long as you don't care about collateral damage. It's not a loss condition if Earth is destroyed.

You heard it here first, folks.

Jumper's E-Peen > entire planetary populace.

Well, of course Satan would feel that way. He's not known for the kindness.

Take over Cyberdyne and cancel all their A.I projects.

Give Skynet some empathy so that it won't immediately go for the nuclear option.

Reprogram Skynet into a simple dumb A.I.

Make your own A.I that won't genocide humanity.

Destroy the original Terminator in a way that won't leave any debris that can be recovered.

Help John become a senator since apparently that's one of the things that can prevent the apocalypse.

Engage it in 4d go.

t. Satan

No I'm pretty sure we heard that back when people were making Philosopher Stars.

or you could take him to an empty earth and then do the whole collateral damage thing.

don't people usually use Johj Mars for that?

Going through build ideas for a few D&D jumps. I can't remember and can't seem to find a definitive answer on Google: do Favored Souls draw power from a god directly like a Cleric and therefore need to worship and uphold the god's ideals or does their power come from a shard of divine power the god invests in them?

>mfw I remember the big deal on jumpers creating Philosopher Stones out of entire planetary populations for the sake of power
>mfw I remember the shitstorming it created when Ravenloft first came out

...you ever get the feeling that you've been here too long at times?

aye but that's being smart.
Brute forcing things doesn't allow for that kind of lateral thinking.

Nope, never.

naw, if anything I haven't been here long enough.(I haven't finished my current chain yet. Much less the one after that or the one after that.)

but I like being smart, even when I like being strong.

I've tried leaving several times now.
Fucking Hotel California up in this bitch.

Be an AI in a previous jump, then use your experiences to empathize with Skynet and convince it to not kill everyone.

Did you ever take advantage of their tendency monologue?

Agreed. You've certainly overstayed your welcome.

Hey now! The making of a Philosopher's Star was a totally legitimate tactic when dealing with Johj!.

>Philosopher Stones out of entire planetary populations
That seems like it might actually improve the quality of life for souls trapped in the stones if this is done in 40K.

Except people were making Philo Stones out of planets before Johj. Which is the point user was making.

Some people don't need that excuse.

Hard to say, as without doing what Hoinheim did it's still constant, unbearable agony that leaves the souls screaming endlessly from the pain and anguish. So it's more picking your poison.

They still draw directly from a god like a Cleric, and do need to worship their god. In fact, they can't even devote themselves to an ideal instead like Clerics can.

Though it is more intuitive for them than the careful prayers of a Cleric. So they don't need as much training and prayer, instead relying more on force of personality.

Favored Souls have to draw on a diety. They can't devote themselves to a cause or ideal instead like clerics can sometimes.
They don't have to train and pray really hard to do it since it's an innate connection, but they are still connected to gods. You get a lot more freedom as a favored soul in exchange for being a worse class.

If you don't want to deal with gods at all Dragonlance has mystic as a class option and that one cuts out the middle man entirely.

Reminder that the Johj became so horrible that the jumpmaker later came back and rescinded the "you can't just destroy Mars to kill them" rule.

do the roaches even have souls? Would you be able to make a philosopher's stone with them?

Yep

Those types of rules have always been retarded.

Don't forget to check Earth for them while you're there, just in case they're (because reasons) already there.

>Some people don't need that excuse.
Devouring a worlds worth of souls to turn yourself into a Living Philosophers stone really does not sound that immoral when you have regenerating spirit/soul perks and the ability to make virtual or inner worlds for them.

Yeah well it's OAA. You can't expect anything intelligent out of him.

When people were dedicated to making Philosopher Stars they basically used every jump where they didn't care about the plot or characters and harvested them.

No, but I'm not really good at the whole time thing in the first place.

Not when I could avoid it. How many yammering bastards could you stand to deliver the same damn speech over and over and over again? It's much easier to just take them out quick and silent and not have to reveal just how long you've been watching them by repeating it back to them from the last time they gave that exact. same. damn. speech.

>Murder doesn't sound immoral when I can bring them back to life
>It's not rape if I go back in time before it happened
>Torture isn't bad if I erase their memories
We gettin all the classics.

Well sure, people can make that claim nowadays. But look back to when we only had... 30 or so jumps, and it really was just straight soul harvesting. There wasn't really much you could do to claim you were a good person after something like that, unless you used the Sanguine Star route with the Horror jump and just dumped gallons and gallons of blood into it over the course of decades.

>It's not rape if I go back in time before it happened
Is it rape if you go back in time and have sex with yourself?

I mean, it's implied that you will consent to it if you will eventually go back.

>Sanguine Star route
please forgive my ignorance?

Ah, alright then, thanks.

>Mystic
Not that familiar with Dragonlance. Is there a big mechanical/capability difference? Can they still wear armor? It says their spells are most effective on divine or spiritual beings, does that mean they get a buff against them or are their spells weaker against other things or what?

eh, that just doesn't sound fun to me(though there are worlds that deserve exterminatus)

So how about mechs?

What kind of mechs have you built?

What settings have interesting mech-tech?

So far I have:

Titanfall
Code Geass
Gundam
Battletech
5 Star Stories
Macross
Pacific Rim
Evangelion

Are there any more I'm missing?

Giant mechs are cool, but now I'm looking for stuff to upgrade my 6 Meter mech.

It was a movie-only alternative to the Philosopher's stone that instead of souls used blood
This was still considered bad in the movie but infinite blood isn't that hard to find now(and even then) so.
It was a cheaper and easier solution.

Okay, sit the fuck down because it's history time.

We all know about the Philosopher Stone. It's pretty much using souls as fuel, you transmute people into a stone. Father pioneered the route, Father proceeded to spread the tactic, we all know that song and dance.

But over at Milos, there was the Crichton Family who managed to figure out a non-soul method. Instead, they used something close to life: Blood. Only it needed LOTS of blood. Like, even an entire city dedicated to collecting blood for this thing took a really long time and even then it took a civil war near the end to kickstart the end result.

So it's something that is arguably more moral to use if you say, used yourself, but it's a slippery slope due to how much more blood you need to equate to a soul as far as alchemic pricing goes.

Why is murder bad in the first place, user? Serious question. How is it any worse than kidnapping?

It has the same alchemy boosting effects as a Philosopher's Stone, but it's made from blood.

A LOT of blood.

So much blood.

With time and several blood-boosting perks you can make one without having to cross any sort of moral event horizon.

You....you realise kidnapping is a bad thing too right?

ok, is there a ruling on how to assign powers from cauldron vials? just roll them like regular powers?

That's a stupid question. You are not serious, there is just no way. Get out of here.

On your list you're missin':

Infinite Stratos
White Knight Chronicles
Zoids Legacy
Sunrider
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Gurren Lagann
Supreme Commander

Here's a helpful link to explain the finer mechanics of how Mystics work.
dlnexus.com/fan/rules/11619.aspx

As for what the jumpmaker meant about being more effective against spirits I couldn't say for certain. I'd advise against going the raw game mechanics route on that jump though. It's a story not a crunch fest.

The more you know~
I guess there is a use for that bathtub of blood (beyond a vampire buffet) after all.
Thanks, guys

I'd say it's more traumatic. Kidnapping is bad, kidnapping and torture is worse.

>Gargantia
Careful, making the bot your alt-form might negate its ability to use stuff from the first two on your list like the hangar bay or the summoning functions.

A slightly easier route would be to get some blood boosting/regeneration perks and a kaiju alt-form.

Creating blood that way should make the whole process easier.

What's that smell?

ITS BLUHD

D'oh it's just a Snickers bar.

Sounds like you need a little Warframe and Ring of Red in your life.

Why Warframe? Because Warframes are literally remote piloted, person-sized mecha. That can cast fire, or lightning, or thunder, or roar loud enough to freeze enemies in time for a short time. You know, cool stuff like that.

As for Ring of Red? Well, just look at this picture. It's a three story tall, walking tank mecha that's powered by a classic diesel powered engine. A diesel engine! WW2 mecha! You could literally punch Hitler with a tank! It has punching arms and everything! It's glorious!

So, yeah.

Violation of a person's rights to bodily autonomy far exceeding any other form of violation and total erasure of another's future potential as anything other than food or a martyr.

Also, what the fuck, user.

Would you treat someone trying to kill you when you can regenerate any damage with the same gravity as someone trying to kill you as an ordinary mortal? Assuming they know, of course. I mean, it's not (depending on the circumstances) "right", but it certainly doesn't carry as much weight as a "normal" murder.

It's mechas all the way down!