Hey Veeky Forums, what system can you suggest for courtly intrigue, duels of honor...

Hey Veeky Forums, what system can you suggest for courtly intrigue, duels of honor, and seedy city happenings in a kind of baroque setting?

Does GURPS have a specific book like "GURPS: Pistols and Powdered Wigs"?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/7j8tji2b6d72cu5/Courtesans RPG.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

L5R, House of the Blooded, any John Wick game.

>L5R
Too much rewriting to do

>John Wick games
I am a little gunshy after what Veeky Forums has said about them.

You might as well read it to be sure. People here shit on everything.

Just saying, John Wick games revolve solely around courtly intrigue, seedy politics and strict etiquette.

user is right about the game themes as mentioned in , but I agree, the prose and world is all fart huffing and self asspats about how not mainstream it is.

I would also suggest maybe looking through the archives, because there were some anons working on a ruleset/setting based on the Gentleman Bastards setting.

mediafire.com/file/7j8tji2b6d72cu5/Courtesans RPG.pdf

Thanks for the imput guys. Got any pics or other suggestions?

There's one called "Versailles" which is explicitly set in France during the Sun King's reign. I suspect you could borrow lots of bits.

>any John Wick game

There are games based on John Wick? OP said "Pistols and Powdered Wigs", not "Dead dogs and Baba Yagas"

Unfortunately, John Wick is also the name of a semi-prolific tabletop game designer. He's usually mechanically competent, but happens to be a terrible person.

>Versailles
Such a gorgeous and well done series, but the soundtrack was jarring. The only way it could be worse, would be if they swapped that synth BS with a Steve Aoki remix of an asthmatic beatboxing NSYNC covers.

I can also suggest the series "City of Vice" for gritty underworld drama, "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel" for high-society magic and the David Tennant Casanova miniseries for courtly conman hijinks.

This is musketeers era we're describing, yes?

Like, 1630s?

>Does GURPS have a specific book like "GURPS: Pistols and Powdered Wigs"?

There's GURPS Swashbucklers, but that's for 3rd edition.

Also, pic related.

>Not mentioning Social fu

Honor & Intrigue.

wheel of time has good social mechanisms.

Rogue Trader fits the bill, too.

Spellbound Kingdoms a bit. Or take 7th Sea and fuck around majorly with it, or hack it to Fate or Savage Worlds, or whatever

I don't think House of the Blooded is a good game unfortunately

I don't think there's any evidence that he's actually a bad person. Bad GM, yes. Pretentious, yes. Deeply flawed designer, yes. But none of those are intrinsically terrible in terms of human-being-ness

His games are usually okay if you ignore his assholey tone and GM advice.

Op here : 1700s. Rococco/baroque

>Steve Aoki remix of an asthmatic beatboxing NSYNC covers.
I laughed for 10 minutes straight reading this. I will kill you last, clown.