>Question of the day
New Core Set!?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Official FFG News & Spoilers site:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/95/7a/957a59a2-5fe6-4961-96fa-47560f337346/adn_faq_v31.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>NAPD Most Wanted List
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/19/87/19876f7f-581c-4d74-a4b4-4db7301e4c5c/adn_tournament_regulations_v20_text_version.pdf

>Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net

>Breaker Cost Comparisons
ice.emergencyshutdown.net/

>Articles and Blogs:
stimhack.com/
self-modifyingcode.com/
runawaynode.wordpress.com/
sneakdoor.wordpress.com/
netreadyeyes.wordpress.com

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

Try "Why I run", great for prospective Runners looking for a hands-on demo on how Running works (replace spaces with dots):
www nagnazul com/whyirun/whyirun.html

Play Netrunner online (replace spaces with dots):
Jinteki net

>Sealed Format Generator
anrsealed.com/

AutocardAnywhere is a Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari extension to get quick access to cards while browsing a site.

Check out the WIP 1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Android:_Netrunner

Other urls found in this thread:

run4games.com/forum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Check out the card numbering on this prize card from PAX.
New Core incoming?

do you think its just a mix of spin and genesis cycle cards that FFG don't want to cycle out?

I would be fucking PISSED if they had new cards in core 2.0 that i would have to buy 3 boxes of.

It is likely just a misprint since that is her Genesis number.

I'd think going Core 2.0 would be a way to get "rid" of cards from original core while making some cards from the first two cycle evergreen.

I'm with user that it does look like a misprint - not only is it the same number as in Genesis unless they changed card order, that would also hint at core 2.0 being bigger than 1.0 (Kat is core33).

The rumors have been long lived and purported by some big names. Whether valid or not, that's another issue.

As long as I get Keyhole back I will be happy. I have been running Keyhole for almost 5 years now. I am not even sure what I'd play as Runner without it.

As interesting as that would be, i doubt that would happen anytime soon. That CT gloss card was already known since last year, and with TD + the rest of Mars, that is 6+ months of releases essentially accounted for.

Perhaps it's a GenCon announcement?

So what were the prizes from PAX, besides her? Any guest appearances by Mr Boggs?

To bump with a question...

What ID will you be playing first (if able) for your respective Terminal Directive Launch event?

Sucks to be you. Medium may be leaving too.

Bit hard seeing that happen though. Medium isn't exactly one of the problematic cards compared to parasite or Yog.

Who said anything about those sticking around either? ;)

I still don't get how Core Set 2.0 = all the cards in Core Set 1.0 get invalidated, especially when we have precedence in for co-existing different core sets with the two X-Wing starter sets.

Both Medium and Keyhole are huge threats which needs to be addressed as soon as possible, or risk losing the game, and I don't think it's healthy for a game to have cards that have that high of a threat level. That said, there are certain cards corp side that can threaten wins too (SEAScorched for one, Ronin Bioethics a second), though those need some sort of preparation beyond "slap it down and run 3 times" I guess.

Ideally, wouldn't core 2.0 a mix of evergreen and fill the holes of the first core so you don't have to buy 3? Maybe they throw in some copies of stuff like hedge fund since it never hurts to have another playset of them.

I like the idea of making a player progression of Core > Core 2.0 > TD > Big boxes > Packs

This also gives the game a Board game + expansions level of appeal before diving into the nitty gritty of packs and competitive play.

>New Core incoming?
Nope, card made with a template, as and as and says, this isn't really news

That said there's been whisperings about "muh core 2.0" for ages now - mostly a "reputable people (who I won't name) in a high-level slack chat (that doesn't keep logs and that you're not a part of) have been saying there's Core 2.0 inbound"

Skorpios through and through, but the runner is a more difficult question - I think maybe Alya (Bios? - wonder what people will call her, a couple of IDs get to be their in-lore nicknames, like Geist, but some the community will always call by their first names, like Kate (challenge, go to a netrunner thing and talk about "Mac", see how long before someone knows who you're on about))

She looks pretty interesting, and having 4 cards that are basically untouchable and tutorable for a click is pretty neat

Idk, wouldn't the HB one be technically easier to win with? Especially when they have biotic for the 6 3/2 agendas and 6 campaigns for lotsa money?

Might be tricky getting a flatline though.

We know that there's two paths to choose from in the campaign, an aggressive one (presumably flatlines), and a "protector" path (non-flatline?). Seidr looks to be the default Protector and Skorpios a Predator(?), but I wonder how viable switching the two will be. Also wonder if this exists runner side as well.

They are huge threats assuming you have free reign to RnD (cough Parasite cough). Otherwise, in traditional glaciers they weren't that horrendous assuming there are enough taxing stuff protecting it.

Wonder how much tinkering of decks is expected in between matches of a campaign? 10-12 inf to import the tag&bag combo is still kinda high for HB, and it's a bit iffy getting a fatal junebug to fire...

Maybe, but do note that Skorpios is a 40/15 if it needs to be.

That said, I just prefer to play Weyland, so it wasn't too much of a question for me.

Mr. Stone is pretty interesting with much less tag avoidance - SEA/PB + Stone takes the runner down 1 even before you start Scorching.

And Snare does 3 net and a meat

Indeed, the lower deck size is nice at least. That said, I suspect there are going to be money issues if they want to go all kill mode though. Perhaps an all-in rush deck might be in order once at least one flatline is achieved.

Core + TD might be a bit tight on econ, though Seidr won't exactly be swimming in cash either

Though both have access to what's clearly a Restructure replacement
(8 -> 13, Terminal, if it's too blury)

Seidr does have that other campaign (Marilyn?) alongside Adonis mind you, which incidently recycles herself assuming the she was installed first. Also Black Level Clearance I guess.

Also, Seidr might have trouble getting any bad pub as well for the campaign objective, unless there are illicit bioroids or something to be seen.

While I am personally a Criminal player, its probably going to be much easier playing as Ayla assuming you can reliably get MO out early, which she plausibly can with her ability. Pretty much like Kate in the early days, where getting all that cash relatively quickly just steam-rolls the corp.

>Marilyn
Point, I'd forgotten about that

>unless there are illicit bioroids
Given the theme of the campaign and what Seidr are meant to be doing, I think there's a high possibility of that - perhaps even as an asset, like Reality Threedee

Eh, I guess you're right, though I still don't think that such a strong win condition should come without a cost. Keyhole in particular can potentially see 12 new cards and trash 4 of those, which is nuts. Makes me wonder how Netrunner could be if they were more liberal with "Limit 1 per deck" restrictions.

You probably wouldn't tinker unless you need to add a particular card or modify some parts of your deck, which might be atleast once per match. I wonder about the condition for moving the campaign forward as well, might end up getting through it at a fast pace if the campaign 3/2 gets scored/stolen often.

One can probably expect more campaign-only cards to be available as events escalates, so some fast tinkering is to be expected. Hopefully not requiring massive overhauls of the deck though during the event itself.

And regarding limit-1 restrictions, lots of decks run them as 1-offs to begin with anyway, so that wouldn't make much practical differences to begin with, particularly so if in-faction tutors/card draw is readily available.

Perhaps not assets, being too visible while the corps involved are trying not to make this incident too public. As ICE though they would be interesting candidates, although they would pretty much have to top Zed in terms of viciousness.

Anyone see a mass influx of women in their local Netrunner groups?
Mine has picked up about 20 of them in the last month.
I am worried about a SJW invasion into the Netrunner community, Advice on driving them away?

>mostly a "reputable people (who I won't name) in a high-level slack chat

Calimsha on the French forums mentioned it.

>(cough Parasite cough)

Bellamy +Seidr make for a strong Parasite incentive. Don't know how I feel about it.

You're more than probably joking (hopefully), but that's just mean: 20 new players is the kind of "problem" other struggling communities would kill for.

I'm thinking, given how little Runner Recursion there is in Core anyway, the only thing Skorpios is going to do in a Core+TD context is put the screw on Cambridge's ability.

>52136187
I was about to respond seriously to this, but then I realised it's clearly a Jinteki player practising their skills.

You need to work on them

I did say mostly (also, what forum?) - I'm pretty sure Calimsha is one of the few people I could name as someone who talks about Core 2.0, but whenever it's mentioned there's always "prominent players" and so on

I wonder if I'm missing a joke somewhere about men not wanting to play with women sometimes.

I really wonder how Cambridge will be handling Skorpios, the hard hitters like Siphon, Inside Job, and the derez Event are definitely less abusable.

Well, assuming the game is still active a year or 2 down the road, that could plausible be a Core v2 around then. Not that I mind really, but realistically that would take quite a while to develop if all/most of the cards are new or rehashes of rotated stuff.

Yeah, crims aren't known for their recursion to begin with, so Mr. Cambridge might as well be a blank ID vs Skorpios. Otherwise just be like a weaker version of traditional Andy?

>Mr. Cambridge might as well be a blank ID vs Skorpios
I don't think so - the trick with Skorpios is that it's once per turn, only once per turn, and you don't get to apply it retroactively if they were waiting for the one card they really wanted to remove (also end-of-turn discounts don't count as trashing) - basically you need to try and bait the Skorpios player into using their ability, then use your good stuff

It does do really good work for lockout though, so you might want to bring those weirdly-subtyped Sac Cons

If Steve is discarding powerful cards instead of actually playing them, it's a win for Skorpios regardless. And it's usually easy enough to determine which cards are worth removing and which to ignore.

With hunter seekers, it's even worse for Steve that is fully set up with maxed out MU and his console.

>hunter seekers
Yeah, that's a powerful card, though you have to bait it out

Discarding was less for TD - where there's no SOT or Conspiracy Breakers

>also, what forum?

run4games.com/forum/

>Yeah, crims aren't known for their recursion to begin with, so Mr. Cambridge might as well be a blank ID

I don't know, If I use a Forged Activation Orders to Siphon you, did you remove the FAO? Can be a pretty disruptive card against rush...And then the crooks set, the derezz event, the damage prevention... Loads of valid targets really.

>With hunter seekers, it's even worse for Steve that is fully set up with maxed out MU and his console.
Eugh, there's a scary thought going forward. You have to immediately start trashing programs too right?

I think Cambridge - considering only Core 42 - will likely be a setup and remote snipe ID. Save up the Inside Jobs and Siphons, and strike at an opportunity. If you don't go in too aggressively, then you can likely play around Skorpios and not get hit too hard by it. Helps that Criminals have the tools to fork a hard decision for Skorpios too.

>the crooks set
I prefer the swindler suite myself.

Swindler Suite it is (until further confirmation or disproval). Rolls better off the tongue.

I hate it when you build a deck, have cool ideas all around, but can't devise a plan that fits.

What were you going for?

Was thinking about transferring that whole Tracker/Street Magic/Grappling Hook mess in Nero. GPI net tap on top. Face-checking all day every day. Running mostly with no breakers.

And from test run it's fun to pilot - probably going to be better with more derrez support.

I just can't seem to stick a plan to it all.

Are Au Revoir decks viable in Criminal?

Very.

I wish I had kept up with the meta and releases. I feel like I'm too far behind to jump back in now.

Better late than never. I just started playing. How far behind are you?

I just looked up the releases. Haven't played since Upstalk lol.

Don't even know what the games like now

The broad strokes:
Corps are very asset based, spamming must-trash assets that are not particularly expensive in most cases but keep coming back from recursion cards.

Most Corps are the usual, but NBN tagstorm finally got good. Not only they have cards for almost anything you can think of, they can also switch agendas in the Runner score area with their own.

Runners can also do that btw, an anarch console that made some splashes during Worlds '15.

Runner side, everything is very anarchy. Lots of ICE trashing and DLR combos. Careful with Valencia because her signature move is Blackmail your scoring server. Sifr is the console everyone plays now because it can reduce ICE strength for an encounter once per turn for almost no cost (reduce hand size by 1 until the end of turn). And yes, it combos with Parasite.
Shaper Stealth finally got good. Got a Runner with stealth credit ability and a lot of support.
Criminal got derez breakers, but are expensive.

Also, we have Runner minifactions now! Adam the bioroid, Sunny the GlobalSec hacker, and Apex the sentient AI/Virus.

It's a good time to come back, so many options for jank and play. Competitive is kind of samey.

Btw, we are on MARS now, check out the new Weyland.

Weyland is still bad and just a splash faction for the good ones.

Don't like piloting it much myself, but we have some people that play it from time to time to good results.

I'd say yes, definitely viable.

I find the non-competitive casual approach works best for that: come back with your current incomplete card pool, play some games, have you ass kicked, learn what you want to play with and against and act accordingly - not even necessarily by buying new cards, modifying you deck with existing pool can often be enough in my experience if you're not aiming for hyper competitive.

That's one of the thing I love/admire most with some players. They get their ass kicked to some new/unknown card and just laugh it off in delight and get better.

If we want to talk about shit posters in the ANR Community...

Since you're running a bunch, run econ + suckers is probably best. Likely Obelus for draw whenever you hit centrals, otherwise Gauntlet or Desperado if you want to save influence. Maybe Find the Truth for hitting RnD? Breaker suite should probably be something efficient, Blockade Runner should be good for those setup turns.

I really don't think you should be pressured to "catch up" to the meta. Just build your decks on a good deckbuilding app, then either play on jinteki.net, or proxy whatever you need then play as normal. You can commit to a deck and buy packs once you think it's good enough.

That really should be a benefit for the LCG format: everyone is expected to play from the whole card pool, so nobody should be prevented or discouraged from proxying cards outside of official events.

It's more likely for Skorpios to bait the runner out for HS, due to its requirements.

If most of the ICE are fairly cheap to begin with, then the answer is pretty clear, especially when there are only 2 copies max for AS in a single core. It's a matter of priorities really even in a target rich environment.

Thinking about going all-in on mediums and hope the sac cons are enough protection. The econ might be an issue though.

While snitch is still available, it is certainly quite viable, albeit with occasional setup issues. Combos well with turning wheel. You probably need reflection as the console as well, so that's 3 extra inf available which is nice to have.

You can begin again with Terminal Directive. I daresay that format would be quite popular for a while.

>If most of the ICE are fairly cheap to begin with, then the answer is pretty clear

Is it though? You don't know whether the AS is coming down, but you do know you can get rid of a dangerous card right now. I mean, you can old out as much as you want for the would-be outlier power cards only, but then you're voluntarily diminishing your power. And opening better trade-offs down the line for Cambridge's ability.

>Breaker suite should probably be something efficient

That's the amusing thing: I can do without a breaker suite for a significant portion of the game really, if the few games I had are any indication. My main issue is transitioning from the hyper aggressive early game into... well *something* later on.

Tracker/Street Magic/Grappling Hook pressures early remotes something fierce while giving you leeway in face-checking remotes. Hernando Cortez can hurt decks abusing multi-subs ICE, which is exactly what you want (amusing one I just thought out: Tracker gets you through Miraju without triggering the redirection). But then it doesn't prepare you well for the late game. Something which I had hoped the raptor suite would help with, running with Khan, but not that much. Well, not enough.

How often did you rez that Hadrians wall in core Big W games? If all the new ice turns out to be expensive, which is doubtful, then Skorpios would have to rely on the cheap Ice Wall/Enigma/WoS, and if they can't afford to even rez them, then AS is the least of their concerns.

Mid-range ICE can be bad enough. You pushed your chance on early rush, you're at 8 credits, do you rez that FAO Data Raven on archives or do you risk not being able to rez that second ICE on remote and face an Inside Job?

I meant
>do you rez that FAO Data Raven on R&D

Here's your (you), false-flagger.

Did you run out of steam once the centrals get properly walled up, or did you end up using all your options prematurely? Sounds a little like the same problem I had with the Study Guide Jesminder deck I posted last thread, and that was mostly because I was too chicken to get Magnum down early. Not sure how you'd transition into late game better as a Criminal though, feels like you need to setup more econ for late game to supplement the breakers.

That's why I liked Code Siphon in Jesminder, allows you to install Magnum Opus at a discount, without killing your tempo (can still Equivocation, it's not a replacement effect).

>Not sure how you'd transition into late game better as a Criminal though, feels like you need to setup more econ for late game to supplement the breakers.

Building econ isn't so much the problem as much as having a strategy. Early remote pressure is fine, but HQ pressure, while not nihil, has known hard times for a while, and I don't have anything to branch on R&D or Archives there.
It's more I"m not finding the right angle to hurt the corp once the remotes are set up.

It does depend on the local situation, but given that Steve isn't likely to have RnD multi access (makers eye aside), i'll rather rez that raven and then exile whatever event comes next.

If FAO happens to be the 'best' event at that point, then yeah it can get exiled I suppose. If that was last click,
might as well trigger the ability if I haven't used it yet.

That's the main issue with Core Gabe, in which once the corp has time to build up, it's a pretty hard slog for him. I imagine the same goes for Steve unless he imports MO.

Even using Chalatan is going to get expensive fast.

>It does depend on the local situation, but given that Steve isn't likely to have RnD multi access (makers eye aside)

What makes you think Medium isn't going to be a prime target for grab? I would find it better value than Maker's Eye, who runs the risk of being removed from the game after that one use, and can't abuse the situations of opened server you want to engineer with crim cards (not to mention, can't combo with other run events/abilities).

>If FAO happens to be the 'best' event at that point, then yeah it can get exiled I suppose. If that was last click,

But, as I said, playing like that what happens is you're willfully putting the brakes on your ID ability, basically refusing good/valid removal propositions for the sake of only firing on great ones. Which is a question in itself, but also offer Cambridge more, and better trades to fire with his ability down the line...

>Code Siphon
I don't know about that card, since it's a one-of I usually either find it at full MU, or when there's 3 - 4 ice on RnD so an access is usually better. Maybe I'll dump the Data Breaches for another copy of it, but other than Magnum and Femme there's not that many other targets, probably better to just money up even more.

What do you have for your early plan then? I'm failing to imagine a deck that has absolutely nothing for late game. Poor, yes, not nothing.

>What do you have for your early plan then? I'm failing to imagine a deck that has absolutely nothing for late game. Poor, yes, not nothing.

Tired an getting confused, are we talking Jesminder or the crim deck here?

I didn't have much issue with the Jesminder deck (at least on those fronts). Vamp could threaten HQ, she had strong R&D threat, The forced draw from Equivocation (with potential System Outage tax on top) would make Archives sometimes a valid target too... Pressuring remotes was harder early game but far from impossible (especially given the DDOS support, which on top would help give Code Siphon better return on investment)... wasn't my deck, but I thought it worked decently well.

Trouble with that crim build is, I can incorporate things to widen my threat range, but nothing that meshes gracefully in there in my opinion. Econ I can build, the deck runs cheap early game. But what do I actually *do* to hurt the corp?

Fair point regarding mediums, since they were mentioned a few posts previously. Looks like Steve has 4-8 inf burnt up just for those and sac cons (max 2 each) if he is going that route. Hopefully he wouldn't have to import more Anarch breakers with what's left.

That being said, this dance vs Skorpios does goes both ways, since Steve now has to make hard choices on when to play power events that he wouldn't have to do vs Seidr. Interesting times indeed.

Idk, that sac agenda FA ID is not terribad really. Skorpios looks promising as well.

Would depend on what stuff Big W gets in TD though. If at the same quality level as their actual big box, then yeah.

Second part was for the Crim build, should've formatted it better.

I think as long as you have a plan for getting to agendas, you don't really need to disrupt what the corp is doing. Probably strengthen that, respond to any threats on the corp's board state, keep the sniping tools around longer, then snipe any scoring attempts. Some central multi-access should help, and probably Jackson tech, but otherwise just tearing down any important assets and threatening steals should be a fine game plan, if not a flashy one.

How difficult is it to get into Netrunner? What would recommend a completely new player buying?

Ideally find a friend that would be willing to get into the game with you, buy a core set and explore that until you're comfortable with the games.
Then go to a store with people playing, see if you can play games with their deck/decks then build to whatever you enjoy.

If you can wait just a bit more, you should get Terminal Directive after/alongside that first core set.

Nothing too overwhelming, but allowing some decent options at least.

After those, the Championship Decks would be nice to get.

What's the probability of opening core set singles in draft packs?

No idea, but I did managed to get 2 SanSans from about 12ish season 1 packs, and so did others. So maybe 1/3 or 4 packs should have a SanSan?

No idea about Desp. Out of 7 packs played from series 2 it hasn't appeared yet.

And the other issue is how to get said mediums / sac cons out fast enough to matter. Bios at least has her ability and diesel to speed things up, whereas Steve has card draw issues unless crims get (lots of) something good in 42.

Generally yes. Little reason not to really as a Big W ID.

Is Frantic Coding and Piper a good solution for Valencia? Or is just better to just Inject/Making an Entrance?

Well, what about peddler and IHW? Why not all of them instead?

*The* solution, I don't think so. Seems more like possible interesting support among other other slotted solutions to me.

And I wonder about it in Valencia. You still suffer the same issue of needing to draws the cards first.

Just have to be willing to concede that agenda you were rushing.
Not saying it's a bad choice. But it's always a tough one.

With hunter seeker to be worried about, it can be a tough choice to even consider taking the effort to steal that bait agenda.

So good hunter seeker with skorpio

If it's crim anti-rush we're talking about, with event bypass being the best tool, you don't have much of anything to lose to Hunter Seeker yet.
Well, your event to Skorpios...

This ice is shit. SHIIIIT.

Jank love is pure love!

Or Chalatan I guess. Although it is kinda extraneous with 6 inside/outside jobs taking up lots of deck space.

Hopefully "each piece of ice protecting this server" includes itself. If so, at 3 pieces it would be a cheaper Fire Wall, which is pretty eh. Could be useful if ice destruction gets reigned in, otherwise probably not worth it.

I think it would include itself
It's still not amazing, but I guess if you had a deck built around putting a silly number of ice in front of your server?

Seriously though: at 3 credits it would have been perfectly decent. A Wall of Static that costs one influence out of faction, but get better with one or more ICE on the server.

As it stands, it's a Bastion that starts weaker and will be better IF you get at least two ICE on the server.

Fun design, weird balance.

I wanna screw around with Exile because I love the pawnshop + Exile + conspiracy breaker interaction, but I don't know what other programs to include.

I've been messing around with:
Exile: Streethawk

Event (7)
1x Cold Read
3x Dirty Laundry
1x Levy AR Lab Access
2x Scavenge

Hardware (15)
3x Astrolabe
3x Clone Chip
3x Dyson Mem Chip
3x LLDS Processor
3x Sports Hopper

Resource (16)
1x Aesop's Pawnshop
1x Beth Kilrain-Chang
3x Daily Casts
1x Patron
1x Same Old Thing
1x Tech Trader ●
3x Technical Writer
3x Underworld Contact
2x Wasteland ●●●●

Icebreaker (5)
1x Cyber-Cypher
1x Femme Fatale ●
1x Gordian Blade
1x MKUltra ●●
1x Paperclip ●●●

Program (6)
2x Sahasrara
1x Scheherazade ●
3x Self-modifying Code

>paying 4 for a single subroutine barrier that at most will only ever get to 5 strength
Wow

>Not going full jank with Khondi Plaza and Dedicated Technicians just to install ice
W E W
E
W E W

Would have been amusing if it had been given a +1 str every time a piece of ICE was installed in its server.

The Aginfusion shenanigans could have been ridiculous.

At 3 cost, there would no doubt be accusations of power creep over WoS though, even though it's likely only HB really 'benefits' from having it.

Even Seidr can afford to splash them, and they are arguably in a better position to win compared to Skorpios.

Why people keep saying that? We don't even know half the cardpool they start with. Just names and a few spoilers.

The 3/2s and Biotic I imagine, plus econ advantage from the campaigns, and recursion from the ID ability and Archived Memories. Core set Weyland cards isn't too amazing by comparison, who knows if the power boost from TD cards will be enough.