/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 9 (1d26)

Iron Hands, Iron Hands BAngles or DAngles edition
Always rumembah ta thin ya paints 'n get a nice, fine tip on ya brush! subedition

>THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

First for Night Lords being worst

FIRST FOR THE IRON TENTH

Some number for Sanguinius being fucking savage.

What is your hobby challenge for next week /hhg/?

a krios, stripping a large LW army to turn into sneaky sneks.

get the details on my veterans done, then get my librarian, delegatus, contemptor, and rapiers primed and basecoated
then maybe give them a spray of tamiya smoke, if i can get there

Nearly finished the command Land Raider. Needs powder and a few more details reworked.

can someone clarify how artillery works, especially with rapiers?
does the gun count as a model, or does only the crew?
can i target the gun specifically, or does it have to hit the crew?
finally, if an artillery model is hit with a weapon that forces a strength check, does the artillery piece automatically fail, as it has no strength value?

I've decided I needed a break from the Ultras for a bit and have decided on Sons of Horus for my next project, as I feel like the "barbaric" look would serve as a nice contrast to the UM's Roman-esque aesthetic. However, I need help with a scheme. Does anyone have the FW Marine pics of the Sons of Horus, particularly any variant schemes they might utilize? If not, I have no problem looking through the book scans, I just thought I might ask. Thanks in advance.

The gun model als counts as a weapon. The gun and crew function just like any other unit, so wounds are allocated to the closest model.
As long as there is at least one gun model, the whole unit has Toughness 7 against shooting attacks.
In close combat however the gun models are ignored, and the stats of the crew are used.

And finally, the gun models do indeed automatically fail Str tests.

do LW /transitionary period SoH, with whites, greens and reds. like this gentleman.

*The gun model also counts as a seperate model

>ofcourse I fuck up the first sentence when explaining something ...

What country are you from and what legion/legions do you collect?

a fucking leaf
Iron Hands

Nice job bro, how did you make that textured look? It's awesome.

sweden
mechanicum
alpha legion
looking at solar auxila with desire in my eyes due to volkite russes.

Blighty
Alpha legion
mechanicum
fite me 1v1

Germany

Iron Hands.

>Metallic screeching.

>cuck contry
>cuck legion
pottery

step away from the keyboard and shove another cultist up your urethra, fulgrim

Netherlands
Alpha Legion

Geert, what are you doing?

We have to many Alfalfas as is, or is this a clever ruse to make us believe in AL numerical superiority? Again?

Funland
Imperial Fists

You seem bitter about the truth friendo

Sweden
Alphafag

It could also be a misinformation campaign...

To make us believe they are less numerous than they are through boasting about their numbers?

where in sweden are you fellow alpharius? stockholm here.

>getting IH and IW confused

The pace at which you knock out great looking miniatures is killing me, user.

>implying there's a different
you're all the same to me tin man
that was the joke you silly head

Mijn neger.

Lund, brother Alpharius.

Word Bearer and future World Eater in Borås. It requires a great deal of faith to live here.

Finland

Night Lords
Death Guard

I just use a lot of water so I can coat quickly and be sloppy.

trudeauland
Sons of Horus

Straya
Night Lords, mechanicum, occasionally militia with fantasy models

Scotchland
Thousand Wrongs

maplestan
night lords

Netherlands
Alpha Legion

Finland, the land of a thousand swamps
DG

Germany
Thousand Sons.
Currently waiting for Custodes to be released as standalone kits.

Well, SW is Viking barbarian, but what barbarian is LW/SoH? Celtic? Germanic? Goth?

BTW, what other 'barbaric' people were historically famous? All other I can think of are Huns and Mongols, and WS took them all.

Is haywire affecting void shields?

USA
Raven Guard
Mechanicum

celts, early aztecs,vikings
yes

Britbong living in Euro-taco-land
World Eaters

How did you paint you white? It looks 'dirty just enough' for me.

Pretty sure he just basecoated it white then washed it heavily with a highlight after.

Thanks.
Think I've posted my white recipe in /wip/ before, but here you go.

>Prime Army Painter matt black
>2 thin coats of Ulthuan Grey, until the colour's strong enough
>All-over wash with Army Painter Strong Tone, mixed 50/50 with Lahmian Medium
>Edge highlight with Ceramite White

And that's it!

(pic is my favourite model I've done for this army)

That is fucking brilliant conversion work, 10/10 would play against

Anyone got any idea why this question gets asked several times a week now?

Oops, I mistook your minis for someone else, sorry.

I weep for him

Warriors of Chaos base? Or entirely different company's?

Thanks mang, very proud of him I've only ever played one game and he got 1-shot by Alexis Pollux :,(

Whose did you think they were?

The base model was the free Slaughterpriest from WD a while ago.

Thracians, Scythians, Sarmatian, Alans, Vandals, Goths, Saxons, Pechenegs, Cumans, Tartars, Mitani, Navajos, Comanches, Mapuches...

Even after literal months of going back and forth I still can't decide which of the traitor legions I want to play. The only thing I know is that it won't be Word Bearers. Fuck those guys.

Guy who made the Imperial Fists that were painted as Iron Warriors.

Straya
Sallies

Strayamanders

Death Guard

Brazil
planning to start Thousand Sons

Brit
Imperial Fists

These dubs say IW, DG and WE shattered legion.

Hey guys just needing a little advice. Started HH last week and decided I dig Perturabo and his dudes. Finding the colour scheme boring as all hell though, should I stick to it as HH players seem to have more of a serious, "things should be how they are in the fluff" vibe than regular 40k.

Or can I make my own scheme up bit tiw it in?

I've always seen them as late celts/celts under roman rule.

Jesus, I never expected to get mistaken for KnightAnon...

Paint them how you want, as long as they don't look like Imperial Fists.

What would you change about their colour scheme ? As long as it looks dope AF there is always some leeway

Your WE look too good to be from KnightAnon. Unless he's done some serious work since last time he posted pics.

What would you want to see in a colour scheme?

australia.
will be doing raven guard.

but been using my 40k chaosmarines as world eaters just to get games in the meantime.

US and A
Death Guard
and once Sanguinius/ Angelus comes out Blood Angels

Hickland, USA
Thousand dindu nuffins

So anons, have you played against new Sons, Wolves or Custodes? How were they? Were they fun to play against?

Canada
Legio Custodes
maybe Alpha Legion

Maybe just some kind of colour. Keep the hazards/rusty theme onthe shoulders and knees etc, but make their armour a deep green or some other dark shade of colour

You need the chart.

>maybe Alpha Legion
Sounds a lot like what an Alpha Legion player would say.

Ran into the new Wolves a couple weeks ago with my Mech, they got torn apart in short order. Spartan deathstar with Russ and some fancy Termies and FnP dude was pretty much the only unit with effective shooting bar two Dreads, so he just completely failed with footslogging blobs. Grey Slayer power weapons gave my Adsecularis a hard time, but even with movement buffs they're not a patch on World Eaters.

Burgerland

Mechanicum, IH, Custodes

A dark blue/grey might work. The grey-ness would keep it fairly close to their usual iron colours, but a blue tint would add some colour and contrast with the yellow of the hazard stripes.

>make their armour a deep green or some other dark shade of colour

Britbongland, Mechanicum of all varieties.

Bongistan
Dark angels

australia
Death guard, custodes, diorama of all legions, now sons of horus as well.

>no power weapons/fists on sergeants

Did DA wear robes yet?

United States
Iron Warriors

>wasting points on sergeant equipment

Man, the new Secutarii look cool as fuck. Are their rules any good in Warhammer 3+k? The Peltasts with rad-carbines look like slightly more expensive but better Vanguard, so I imagine they'd be decent line troops.

How are you guys equipping the Axiarch? He looks pretty damn good for cost, 3W BS5 5++ IWND marine with a situational Iron Hands buff in a big unit who buffs his army well. I was considering Power Fist and MC Photon Gauntlet, since he buys them cheap.

Also, do you think anyone would object to me using the normal Vanguard heads on my Carbine Peltasts? £20 is a lot for ten slightly different heads.

Yeah

Big problem with the axiarch is he's not an independent character, so is a little bit liable to get shot in the face unless you have a spare macrocarid for him to hide in or something.

I'd be cool with it, but then I think the normal vanguard heads look better anyway.

United States of Trump
BAngles