Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Which /pfg/ games have YOU signed up for?
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70727/romance-of-the-righteous-kingdoms
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71538/hells-rebels-literally-cant-even-edition
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70552/shardwalkers
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71197/spheres-of-might-unofficial-playtest-the-harrowing-modified
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71590/puella-librum-daemonium
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71015/a-generic-pathfinder-adventure-title
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/71521/the-great-bamboozling
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67969/the-celestial-tournament
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/62955/slash-pfg-slash-hells-vengeance
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69210/taldor-ascendant

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1M34Sqf6hhdfPWrGdNGOdxufgjzBlOkSH7vs_mPK5pGs/edit?usp=sharing
minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8693.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No youkai ART allowed, I presume?
foxes are gr8 in all forms though

HV selections when

docs.google.com/document/d/1M34Sqf6hhdfPWrGdNGOdxufgjzBlOkSH7vs_mPK5pGs/edit?usp=sharing

Did some more Spellburst Savant homebrew. Broom Jockey is a mobility/flight/speed based spellburst savant with a melee theme.

This is the alpha so feedback is highly appreciated. Among other things, I'm a little iffy if it's got enough melee boost to be functional in combat as most of it's stuff is about mobility and it lost some nova spell getting there. Still, Flyby Attack works nicely with Wave Motion Strike (As it allows a standard action, NOT just an attack)

Sorry about there being a few postings but I'm trying to get feedback to help it get out of alpha.

I want to share user with user!

What's a fair price to charge party members for item crafting?
I was thinking about 55-60% market value. My character is a businessman second and survivor first.

Lyra Ivytongue
Gunther Kastner
Lauren Bright

D-Don't say things you don't mean!

>mfw Taldor Ascendant seems really cool but I can't make the hour

Mother fucker.

Oh well, my app was pretty much a fire-and-forget anyhow. Best of luck to ya.

It doesn't matter. They'll all collapse and burn soon enough. Then you will know pain.

I don't suppose anyone could help me understand something from the Spheres of Might preview document? Specifically with the Striker class's Combo Rhythm ability.

I understand how it works, sort of, in that if you hit someone with an attack, your next attack gets a +1 to hit and damage, and if that hits the next one gets a +2, and so on, until the start of your next turn. I'm a little confused about its use, though-- it comes online very early, and I'm wondering how someone is supposed to make enough attacks (let alone land enough hits) to take advantage of that scaling bonus at low-to-mid levels, since I thought most everything in Spheres of Might uses the Attack action, which usually means only one punch per turn.

Is there a method of throwing a big flurry of punches I'm not seeing?

Well, now that I'm sure I won't have another day booked up, best of luck to the new HV crew, by the way, what do you gents think about Legacy of Fire?

Silly question, is there a way to get STR or Wis based combat reflexes outside of being an Ordained Defender Warder?

There's actually a new fighter archetype called the High Guardian(?) that gets STR-based Combat Reflexes as a class feature.

I want to spitroast a fey.

Yeah, High Guardian.

As long as you don't allow 2hu to shit it up with catgirl/boy bullshit AGAIN.

Can I help?

>mfw Taldor Ascendant is a bamboozle anyway

Welp. I guess I have to toss the reach guy idea right out out. Thanks guys.

What are /pfg/'s feelings about Iron Gods?

5% tax is best idea. In-game you can justify it by "extra expenses".

Different user, but while I kinda doubt my first GM would go for it, on account of the BotB ART that's "functionally identical", he would probably be down for jiggling the fluff and such to be less shit if I asked.

I kind of want to play a bomb-focused Kitsune Homunculist Alchemist now, with a bit of "mother may I" to make some of it work. Sure do hate myself for thinking about it, though.

YES.
ALL THE YES.
Meyanda best girl, y'all can have Casandalee

ROBO
WAIFU

Depends on how cozy you are with them/how much you want them to like you. I usually go for around 60-75, depending on the character. You could always sell at cost in exchange of favours(like first pick of any magic items you can use)...

Love it.

Yes!

Needs a complete overhaul to make technology, the main appeal, worthwhile.

I wish the Iron Gods game I was in wasn't on permanent, indefinite hiatus. Also that more of the tech shit was worthwhile, because I want my Investigator to lose her mind over how fucking COOL all the tech shit is.

Where would you begin?

Awesome!

Yes, hopefully nobody's going to jump the gun like that.

Now genie-girl/boy and some monster-girl/-boy bullshit, on the other hand, that's just a given.

Aww, not even an honorable mention. :(

What did 2hu do this time?

Exist.

I didn't get one either. Time to shelf another character concept indefinitely.

Bring down the price of everything to match magical equivalents.

Allow tech guns to work like regular guns so you can at least Deadly Aim with them.

Make it so you can craft technological shit with equivalent magical craft feats

Not require (multiple!) massive artefacts to craft tech shit

Remove the Timeworn feature

Make it so techo-equipment shit can do their things X times/day rather than drain cell charges, with perhaps the noted exception of weapons.

Make it so a charge of a melee weapon lasts for a day rather than 1 hour and balance around that.

A lot more that I haven't even begun touching yet.

Haven't played it, though I hear it's quite good, so long as you're not ideologically opposed to sci-fi in your fantasy.

Is it me or does Spheres of Might really lose steam at higher levels where things like Bleed, Trip, etc all become worthless? Maybe that's me being a dumbass but it seems like half the talents basically become nulled the moment you stop fighting grounded humanoids.

Long story short, Legacy of Fire GM had his own lore that re-wrote Katapesh, but said some offhand comment about "yeah, feel free to edit the setting a little if you prefer the old Katapesh".

2hu used his exact wording to justify re-writing a huge swath of that lore and adding loli catgirls.

I mean EVERY. SYLLABLE.

We shouldn't keep the other PC waiting!

>X times/day
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just make charges easier to get.

>Wake up
>Ruse Cruise has a FUCKING OWL

I would like to hear more. If 3pp sources were to be included, what? Legendary plug-ins, Secrets of the Iron Titan, maybe. What else?

Superbowl is best owl.

>re-writing
No, it was basically just addition, it didn't overwrite anything.

Fair enough.

Besides that, am I wrong?

>minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=8693.0
This.

Shit, any out-of-system stuff that may be helpful?

Hi 2hu. I see you conveniently forgot the part where your dictations dispelled all the mystery from one of the assassin orders just so you could have a fucking loli.

I really want to play it

I'd really like to see if the cruise actually takes some of these applicants in the ultimate bamboozling
>HA, you thought this was a fake game, but it was actually real!

Didn't happen.

I would just let Technologist let you craft Tech items whole sale instead of fusing it with magic item feats.

Also, I think the melee charge for an hour thing is fine now that charges aren't as big a commodity presumably, though that really depends on how strict your group is on managing in game time in a dungeon.

Anyhow, I'm keen to know what people would want from an arabian fantasy campaign, or from Legacy of Fire, specifically.

Any suggestions or requests? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who's got some experience with Legacy of Fire.

Are you really going to insist that 2hu doesn't use autistic logging of every wording that lets him get his way to insert dangerously young characters with obscene power into anything?

We get it, he ERPs with you. He's done it for years, and you're his eternal defense force.

Filipinos GET OUT.

That's the problem with martials in general. Just about everything stops working once you introduce actual monsters, and SoM doesn't do anything to that because they don't redefine any terms or give anyone the ability to use the neat abilities past their normal limitations.

Means that the only really useful spheres in the long run are the damage-dealing ones, which means we might as well use PoW

Can you set the record straight on the 2hu thing with the assassins?

Bookmarked for perusal and consideration. Thanks.

>Filipinos GET OUT.
What the fuck did I do you man?

>Puella GM is a dirty phoneposter

>An incomplete app posted in the day got picked over DHB's novel

....Isn't Lyra someone's F-List character that they adapted for tabletop?

I swear I've seen that name on F-List.

Other way around. Lyra was adapted to F-list after I made her in a pathfinder game.

If i am a sorcerer with the elemental bloodline (air) can i craft a wand/necklace/etc of fireballs that do electricity damage? Assuming i have the spell Fireball

What?

Lauren and Gunther both looked complete to me, and Lyra was literally the first application in...

I have no idea user, but I'll be laffin' if she was.

Thats a pony name and the player is using a pony image.

Not that I blame him, that show has some adorbs babby horses and amazing teen pussy.

2/3 on HV guesses! Not bad.

Y'all need to shut the fuck up.

Honestly, it was the volume (not necessarily the content) that he added that was unwelcome, and I should have phrased my suggestion to add to the setting better; I had meant for such things to not exceed the scope of an individual application.

I would have made a point of telling him to back it down, but shit came up and I had to give up on the campaign. It wasn't anybody's fault that the thing had to be shuttered.

Really, though, I didn't read it too closely, and I've shaved off most of the old LFG forum to make it easier to read, so I can't confirm or deny the scope of any "rewrites".

Thanks for clarifying. ^^

The TIGHTEST teens on television!

Can I apply as a loli catgirl assassin who is not sexualized at all and whose story would focus on introspection and overcoming the trauma of being a child soldier all the while recognizing that it was those traumas that have given her the tools to make the world a better place for everyone?

I don't see why not.

If you can believe it, I actually only found out it was a humanized pony image after I created the character, but I decided to go with it anyway because it honestly doesn't bear much resemblance to the source material, and it's hot.

As for her name, I just picked Lyra because it sounds like 'Liar', and Ivytongue for similar reasons. Probably the most generic "this person is not trustworthy" name I could think of. No ponies were involved in the creative design process at any stage.

But that doesn't make sense, 2hu wouldn't join as a loli catgirl, he'd be a shota catboy trap.

When the hell did humans get involved in MLP.

Is horsefucking canon yet.

Real talk, I kind of wish dr Nefarious could have gotten in. I dont know well he could have RPed the character since it was a barely rewritten copypaste but I would have certainly enjoyed being a mad scientist's/super villian's butler.

Ah, good old "my name is my job" type characters. Sometimes, they still end up sounding more natural than a "real" name.

I wish he got in if only on the principle of using Dr.Evil as his character art.

They have an alt reality spinoff featuring humanized versions of the characters. It has received mixed response in /mlp/ but lawdy, those schoolgirls are delectable af.

Not if you use buzzwords like that to describe it.

But hey, if your app looks legit and doesn't use art that could be termed a "loli catgirl", then you've got as much of a chance as anyone.

Should an Iron Gods campaign wait for Starfinder?

>Ah, good old "my name is my job" type characters. Sometimes, they still end up sounding more natural than a "real" name.
Isn't that how quite a few English names became names anyway?

>When the hell did humans get involved in MLP.

Since the fandom tried to put on a more humanistic face for the people turned off by people jerking it to horses.

Doesn't really need it, but you could probably steal from Starfinder wholesale to make it your own.

It should be a sequel or prequel to it.

Kinda hard to find art of a young catgirl who ISN'T a loli, user, but I'll try.

No! Make it now!

Please!

I wouldn't say so. Playing a Conan side character stumbling around in the ruins of a crashed starship sounds more interesting than going one or two books in and suddenly being able to know everything about technology.

I don't mind that it's a little clunky, it's flavorful and I'm going to be using magic for most of the game anyhow.

What about this?

17 sr/12 dex/14 con/14 int/14 wis/11 cha or
19 str/12 dex/14 con/10 int/14 wis/ 10 cha

for a Mutation warrior VMC barbarian?

There's some magic portal connecting not!America with the world of horses
Somehow this portal hasn't been raided by literally anyone yet, unless you count the theft of a magical artifact at the very beginning of the spin-off which was done by a character that started as a horse and was BANISHED to suffer in high school for... apparently at least five years, and she's still in high school. Truly the worst hell.
Why yes I'm autistic.

>girl

key word, user

Noted. Just guaging interest and how much work it would take.

I'm going to be giving the Pathfinder Society community a chance at a con soon, since I hate the community but have never actually played a game with them and want to get that under my belt.
Does anyone know of any builds that are good enough to have a niche in PS, independent enough to have something to do if the rest of the party's sperg limiters suddenly blow up, not cheap exploits and broad enough to have race/origin variations?
Too many classes and builds seem to require one to tailor the character's background to a single +1, which I don't want to do since I'm interested in seeing how my usual style meshes with a PS group.

You know ACTUAL kids don't have tits, right? May as well use a picture of a crossdresser, because at that age they're identical unless you're staring at their crotch. And that kinda removes the 'no loli' part.

Iron DM! Iron DM! Would you be open to allowing Steelforge items if this Iron Gods campaign went through?

Would you be willing to allow a character to start off addicted to a drug, such as Zerk?