Stat her, Veeky Forums

Last thread is reaching the limit. Head on over to this one.

Look around the room you're currently in. Find every piece of glass. Then, imagine it all exploding outward at incredible speed.
It will be just as bad for everyone else in the city, if not worse.

Control over silicon and nothing else.

Fourth most powerful S9 member.

That's horrifying. And it also makes me curious how everyone in Brockton Bay didn't die a horrible death.

How did Jack Slash convince her to join? I don't remember if she was a hero or villian before the S9 came

Meanwhile, inside the carapace:
>Every night, I can remember the work I was doing...how important it was. The body I've lost...the family I've lost...won't stop hurting...it's like they're all still there. (looking around at the other members of the 9) You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give up on the future.

In the back of his mind, a half-remembered snatch of the Simurgh's song plays. It sounds strangely like fiddling.

I think, according to her semi-canon backstory, her trigger or the events immediately following it basically blew up Dubai, so she was on the run.

Isn't she a Cauldron cape? Cauldron gave orders to Battery to make sure she escaped Brockton Bay alive.

Yeah yeah, sorry, by trigger I meant, uh, power manifestation, something like that.

>When you're wearing glasses
>Drinking water out of a tall glass

After she single handedly destroyed Dubai on accident she became a target for anyone around there, she spent a considerable amount of time just constantly being attacked by everyone who hated her which I guess was literally everyone, heroes and villains probably worked together to keep track of her and coordinated their attacks.
Allegedly she held her own for quiete some time before fleeing to America which is pretty badass, if she hadn't joined S9 and just decided to fly solo and destroy random cities she quickly could've earned at least a rating of A-class threat.

Now that I think about it her backstory could make one sweet campaign setting.
Glass shards and corpses everywhere, the hungry people are looting the once glamorous city.

It was once ruled by the rich but now everyone was set equal by the glass rain, most of the established local capes, heroes and villains both, died while many others newly triggered during and following the attack.

Naturally all old players dieing or leaving and many new players entering means there is going to be conflict, former and new heroes that survived band together to keep order, former villains try to restore their old glory and new villains just want to be the first ones there to take a piece of the new found leaderless land.

Territories and gangs form, and there's battles all over as everyone tries to get the most supplies under their control but one rule is established and kept without question, when you see /her/ you drop whatever you are doing, whatever fight you are having and start attacking without questions, even the biggest rivals can be united by their hatred for her.

Factions include: various former heroes and villains that try to continue what they were doing before, various new heroes and villains that join the fray, and finally those that don't care about the power vacuum, mostly consisting of newly triggered they are dedicated to their mission of making the person who did this pay.

Shards of glass raining over someone will create loads of surface lacerations, but so long as they don't hit a major blood vessel, you're pretty much going to be fine with basic first aid. Humans can survive on a surprisingly low amount of blood.
But it will hurt like a bitch and without first aid you're going to risk infections all over.

Aesthetically Spec Ops: The Line is a pretty great depiction of a destroyed Dubai (though by sandstorms instead of glass storms), the way the city twists and forms into a nightmarish and almost surreal landscape would be exactly the kinds of feeling and tone I would aim for.
Hell I'd probably steal a whole lot more from that game if I ever gave this even more thought.

Would be interesting to think of the quirks people will develop like trying to discard any glass shard they find as soon as they see it out of fear.

Also I don't remember exactly but didn't her power also kind of work on sand?
Because if yes then I might reconsider my whole first post because if the sand also became a lethal weapon I'll just assume literally everyone died and there aren't even enough people left at the end for there to be any meaningful and interesting power struggle.

The fact that everyone was already trying to make her dead is the stick in the equation, her carot is that she is a massivly inflated egotist that is addicted/obsessed with garnering attention to herself at all times. She *wants* people to know who she is and travels from place to place blowing shit up to fual the obsession.

Being with jack's group is what gives her that much desired protection while she does her stuff.

>Black Kaze is cognitive enough to lead a Birdcage section
>Went full Shard after Kyushu sank

Was it ever confirmed what neurosis her Shard cranked?

Consider how much glass is around your average person.

Right now, I'm in my room in my house in a rural town. I am surrounded by glass.

My memorial fish bowl (RIP Wallace, true friend), a TV, my laptop screen, my phone, my lamp, my overhead lights, the fucking windows, my phone, my Wii U gamepad screen, and some wine glasses.

It also isn't a terribly large room.

If all of those were to violently explode at this moment in time, I would be dead. So dead. Probably just from the glass from my laptop alone, since my face isn't two feet from it.

Now consider how much more glass would be around people in a city. A city struggling with disaster relief and filled with flooded garbage streets, where people get violently ill from shit like mold and wade around in nasty, gross sewer water that's knee deep or deeper.

Those niggers are dead.

It depends entirely on how much force is in the explosion, you know. Shatterbird only seems to cause them to damage their immediate radius, not blast with the force of C4 or something.
If you're not within 5 feet of a window it probably won't hurt and even then it depends on how deep it can penetrate you. Surface lacerations are extremely painful, and very bad to get in the eyes, but unless it gets you in the neck or inner thigh, you can survive thousands of minor cuts with only extreme pain and minor wooziness.

Lots of people wear glasses.
Lots of people carry phones in their pockets.
Lots of people have their beds near windows.

Also, the infections. Brockton Bay was literally flooded with garbage and sewer water, not to mention all the rampant bacteria and mold that comes from such an environment. Many people were also malnourished, making them more susceptible. Disaster relief was struggling even before the S9 showed up.

A big portion of Brockton Bay's population should have bit the fucking dust.

Is that shit?

pooinloo

>Lots of people wear glasses.
Getting glass in your eye is painful and blinding, but still not lethal. I doubt Shatterbird's effect gives the glass enough velocity to punch through the bone at the back of the eye socket and into the skull.
>Lots of people carry phones in their pockets.
Unless they're on the inner thigh, still, that'd just be painful as all fuck.
>Lots of people have their beds near windows.
Dan Hebert did and he just got away with some bloody cuts.
>Also, the infections
I would say something about Panacea, but the Slaughterhouse Nine arc is where she lost it and went to the Birdcage.
I imagine plenty of homeless and incapable people did die, but they already had loads of emergency services on hand in the wake of Leviathan's attack.

And you throw Bonesaw's memory plague into the mix?

I was under the impression that Shatterbird's power did in fact cause glass to explode with explosive force.

>explode with explosive force
Ok, not my proudest moment, but I hope you get what I'm saying.

If it did then her ability should topple buildings and leave cars a wreck instead of just leaving windowless frames everywhere.

Nuclear explosive force? Or pic related explosive force?

I'm imagining my health potion shattering iin my hand and dealing -10 health every turn she survives battle.

>Dan Hebert did and he just got away with some bloody cuts.

Danny had prior awarness of the incoming glass attack from skitter and had been setting up some precautions right before the scream hit. This is what happemned to him.

>Two thirds of his face was covered in blood that looked more black than red in the gloom. Darker lines marked where the blood was welling from. Cuts across the side of his head, the edge of his forehead, his temple and cheek. His ear had been almost cut in half.

Also shatterbird makes the same stuff happens with sand (same attack)

>a trio of people moved down the street, supporting each other as much as they were able. Each of them had been blasted by the sand, their skin left ragged. It had turned a bruised combination of black brown and purple where it hadn’t been scraped off and left raw, red and openly bleeding. One looked as though he’d been blinded. The sandburns covered his upper face.

Not fun.

Would a shard allow personal body modification?

Presumably that is what echidna would have been able to do if she had the full dose, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't have just been a more controlled cloning or flash consumption ability.

Depends on what you mean. Bonesaw is perfectly capable of modifying herself.

Really? I thought people were limited to either affecting others or themselves or is that not the case with tinkers?

Meant more of a sort of adaptive werewolf type arrangement. I.e being able to adapt their alt form to fight in water for example then fly in another fight.

What was his name, Brutejack? Blowback?

Just looked it up.

Browbeat.

He could modify his own body. Not to the extent that Panacea could modify other bodies, but still impressive. Enhancements and reinforcements, as well as being able to change his features a bit.

Panacea is limited like that, but I don't think it's a hard rule of shards so much as a general part of the shard's self-preservation. They can't directly harm the host.
Bonesaw's power, as eerie as it can be applied, is technically a power to heal. (Panacea on the other hand is the incredibly dangerous power to change, including change unto death.)
So long as the changes are beneficial, it'd sort of be an offensive version of Aegis' power, I think, which should be totally fine.

So, my understanding is that a group has decided to spam about a mediocre webcomic here, on Veeky Forums, rather than in /co/, because they had grown too insular there because the general population of /co/ effectively created a semi-tangible Wall of Disapproval towards their mindless fanboyism.

And, so, rather than curbing their mindess fanboyism, they decided to try and transplant themselves onto other boards in order to attempt to attract new people, while instead actually turinging people off towards whatever comic they were hoping to spam through their brazen disregard for the rules and their rather transparent and pathetic attempts at providing lipservice to act like they're here to discuss traditinal games, when they can hardly do anything be discuss the comic without any relation to traditional games whatsoever.

Frankly, it's a little disgusting.

They were limited to not accidentally fucking up their own bodies iirc

It's not a webcomic

Cool. Cheers of that. Something to think about anyway.

It's not the case with tinkers. Bonesaw did modifications on herself as well as the rest of the S9. When she woke up the S9 clones she actually had implants that would manually control her mannerisms and expressions so that they wouldn't know she was a traitor.

As for what you're talking about, it would fit pretty well. A Changer with adaptive physiology. Probably needs some limitations or conditions.

It's not a webcomic. It isn't /co/ material. It's a web serial. Text only. It belongs on Veeky Forums because it does have a rpg based off of it, which is discussed. People also discuss things they use for settings and games. Check the previous thread.

It also isn't mindless fanboyism. The previous thread had a fair number of criticisms and complaints about Worm and the author's other works, Pact and Twig.

Worm has always been discussed on Veeky Forums. Worm 2 will be discussed on Veeky Forums.

You disgusting ignorant faggot.

Where is outward?

&also who dis

Shatterbird. Can control silicon.

Shaterbird

Basically Magneto with control over glass/sillica instead of metal

Most glasses are plastic

Oh, so it's a mediocre blog.
That makes it worse, not better.

And, checking through the previous thread and this thread, most of the discussion was very distant from any traditional game, and most of it was just really cringe-inducing fanboyism and transparent lipservice.

Like what you are spewing right now.
Did I mention you are disgusting?

MOST "GLASSES" AREN'T GLASS

Why do you give a shit? Discussing Worm isn't hurting anyone on Veeky Forums. It ain't nothing to worry about.

It's a webnovel. Try to post it on Veeky Forums and their arrogant asses will laugh until bump limit.
It does, however, have an RPG based on it. Weaverdice is still pretty half-formed though and I do recognize little discussion of it goes on in these threads. But that barely matters on Veeky Forums, really.

Ignore him. He wants to derail the thread.

One thread didn't hurt anyone. But, you seem to be trying to carve out a little nich for yourself here. We really don't need another off-topic general, especially for something as mediocre as Worm.

The first thing you need to learn about Worm: It's fanbase is the most cancery of all cancers, who always talk about how their setting is so "Dark" and "Realistic", even though it literally needs a plot device of a secret, super powered illuminati who completely control everything from behind the scenes to keep from imploding.

They're even so cancerous that, in a versus thread on leddit, a good healthy few argued with the writer when he stated that, canonically, the character he made would get one shot by Saitama.

Go elsewhere. There is not a single thing to salvage, nor is there any way to drive the cancer off. Let them have their containment thread.

So to turn away from the derailing faggot, what do you all want to see in Worm 2? Or Twig and whatever Pact related stuff Wildbow said he'd do in the future.

More Alec.

NEAT

Not in Worm, evidently, as Taylor and her father both remove their glasses upon learning that Shatterbird has come to town.

Remember, Earth Bet is actually a dimension that diverged from our own upon the arrival of Scion, and has many little differences, like pennies being phased out.

>It's a webnovel. Try to post it on Veeky Forums and their arrogant asses will laugh until bump limit.

That's kind of your problem, not Veeky Forums's. If you want to see a change in Veeky Forums, be the change in Veeky Forums, and don't try to wear out your welcome here by clearly veering away from traditional game discussion. I understand that discussing the blog is at times necessary for discussing the game, but at the point where you are just discussing the blog to generate discussion just to bump this thread, it's clear that the initial purpose of this thread has decayed and it's nothing more than some fanboys attempt to establish a little offtopic general for themselves.

If you want to avoid being harrassed for reading a mediocre blog, you're better off going to Veeky Forums, because at least there you won't be offtopic.

If he goes back to Pact I want a protagonist that actually becomes a fucking proper practitioner, not a stickman murder sidekick to a psycho bitch.

DOUBLE NEAT

I know absolutely goddamn nothing about this. Got appropriate links to non Chan sites???

Oh well. All you're doing is throwing fuel on the fire. If you think it's off-topic then report it and move on.

They can have it. Just not on Veeky Forums.
I don't understand what's so hard about understanding that it's really obvious when a group clearly has very little genuine interest in discussing traditional games.

It's like this "cancerous" group somehow thinks they are being clever or sneaky.

In the end, they should just mosey on over to Veeky Forums, instead of trying to expose their cancer to the rest of the site.

Why are you describing a webnovel as a blog
it's not even demeaning it's just inaccurate, there's nothing logged, it's a story

Providing reasonable arguments is hardly what I'd call fuel to a fire.

>Got appropriate links to non Chan sites???
Do you mean you want proof?

It's on word press. I'd call that a blog before I'd call that a book.

>secret, super powered illuminati who completely control everything from behind the scene
Just like real life

That's nonsense. It's text. It's no different if it's hosted on wordpress or fucking notepad.

What's nonsense is how butthurt you are about someone calling a thoroughly amateur work a thoroughly amateur work.

>reasonable arguments
All you're providing are some spicy opinions and annoying whining. You didn't even bother to look up the work in question, instead opting to jump to many outright false conclusions and name-calling. The name-calling isn't even accurate either, as Worm and Wildbow have many detractors and critics in these threads. It's hardly an insular fanboy general.

The only debatable opinion you've presented is Worm being off-topic. You say it is, because it isn't a traditional game. Others say it isn't, because it's source material for a rpg (that does see discussion here) and its setting and world-building provide much inspiration for other games. Arguments can be made for both sides, but what really matters is that the janitors think it's on-topic. Or at least allowable, as these threads are common and unmolested.

You aren't going to achieve anything. Keep posting and all you'll do is bump the thread. Even if you sage, you'll get replies which won't.

Your best bet is to report and ignore, although I doubt that will achieve anything either.

That's.. not what I'm commenting on?
The quality doesn't enter into it. It's not a blog. You're calling a spade a humpbacked whale and I don't get why.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, user.

>worm 2
Anything involving 1v1 battles, the giant army battles got really messy to follow. Also I liked the early arcs involving single characters or small groups struggling to gain power, rather than the later arcs involving large teams of characters acting as world police. The worst thing I can imagine would be a space travel story involving the search for worms.

>pact
Less rose, more exploration o magic and its uses. Overall more world building. It bothers me to no end that Blake never read any of his grandmothers books.

I'm sorry, but it looks like all you're really doing is helping people to see that really has a pretty good understanding of you.

And, you're right, you seem to be the kind of people that need the mods to ban you before you leave, which means that we need people to actually look past your thin lipservice and to take notice of how you're trying to establish an off-topic general here.

Your argument is that because it has a game (a game that no one plays, not even the people in this thread, apparently), it is on-topic, regardless of how off-topic the discussions go. That's hardly an argument, it's just you basically grasping at anything to keep yourselves from being banned outright. It's a weird, slow dance, where you keep doing this until the people of Veeky Forums finally stop and take notice of what you're doing, call attention to it, and get you to move to where you are supposed to go.

You can spare yourself the lipservice, the lies, the arguments, and all the negativity generated towards your current obsession just by abiding by the rules and taking your attempted offtopic general to the board it's supposed to be on.

If a person writes a story on his blog, that's a blog. I don't see why you are having trouble understanding it, beyond you hoping to limit the versatility of a blog into a narrow definition to avoid having the negative stigma of a blog associated with the blog you like.

Your spending a weird amount of time bumping a thread you think is off topic. Why not faggot off to a MTG/cyoa thread already?

But it isn't. A blog is diary-styled text entries for news about a person or subject. It's a corruption on "web log".

Even if I don't like those, they're on-topic.
Even if I liked your webserial, it's off-topic.

This should be pretty basic.
I mean, look.

You're not even trying to pretend you care about traditional games at all. Why should anyone not point out that you guys are just using this thread for off-topic chatter?

"Blog" has expanded beyond that narrow definition. It's more about the format than it is the specific content, as many people have blogs that don't include text or are not diaries. Your definition is just you hoping to excuse the blog you like from being a blog, largely just because you recognize that it's a term that expresses just how amateur something is.

What if a person uses a blog style web service to publish a serial novel?

Than he'd have it on his blog, and people shouldn't be offended if they call it a blog.

BBut it's a serial web novel.

But it's a blog.

It doesn't have anything to do with the amateurism of the subject. You can't just say "it has expanded beyond that narrow definition" without providing something to that end. When has blog ever meant more than that? Can you provide examples of things labeled blogs that are more than that? I haven't seen it used in such a fashion.
It's like saying the color red now applies to everything in the purple spectrum. The only retort I can have is "no it doesn't".

I can see now you are just baiting by being stupid.
It's a story written on a blog. Are you done being upset about that? Or are you really just trying to convince everyone that yes, "Worm fans" are all really delusional whackjobs with no respect for the rules of this board or even basic definitions if they come into conflict with their precious obsession?

Go away already. Back to Veeky Forums. I didn't intiially think you guys were this bad, but you've convinced me.

Was I the only one who interpreted the rules of pact to basically say the only way to be a successful practitioner is to not practice at all? Or was that just diabolists?

>I'm sorry, but it looks like all you're really doing is helping people to see that really has a pretty good understanding of you.
How?

I didn't do a single thing that he described in his post. I didn't praise Worm at all. I didn't insult you either, aside from the bit about whining. I also think Saitama could beat Behemoth in one punch, no problem.

>And, you're right, you seem to be the kind of people that need the mods to ban you before you leave, which means that we need people to actually look past your thin lipservice and to take notice of how you're trying to establish an off-topic general here.
>implying it hasn't been established for years

>Your argument is that because it has a game (a game that no one plays, not even the people in this thread, apparently),
False, it is being played. At least one user posted details for his game in the previous thread. Also it isn't my argument, I just said it's an argument. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter either way.

>That's hardly an argument, it's just you basically grasping at anything to keep yourselves from being banned outright. It's a weird, slow dance, where you keep doing this until the people of Veeky Forums finally stop and take notice of what you're doing, call attention to it, and get you to move to where you are supposed to go.
Nobody is going to get banned, user. Worm has been discussed here for years, no problem. You seem to be under the impression that Worm posters skulk around, evading the law. They don't. Everybody knows. Nobody cares.

>blah blah lipservice lies rules obsession blah blah i don't have enough space to quote the whole thing
This "off-topic general" is hardly attempted. It's been here for years and isn't going anywhere.

Seriously, just nut up and report it if it bothers you so much. See if it gets moved to Veeky Forums or /trash/, or even pruned.

It won't.

It can be both.

>It's a story written on a blog
Just phrase it like that to begin with. You don't have to be confusing about it.

It was just diabolists.

The Knights of the Basement told Blake that he's seen more combat in one week than most practitioners do their entire lives.

Similarly, in Worm, Taylor saw way more combat than was average for other capes her age.

The part about you being cancerous. You seem to fulfill that expectation to a tee.

And, looking through the archive, your "established general" seems to be nothing more than a few sparse, sad threads of just off-topic nonsense that clearly doesn't belong here. It's actually the sort of thing where it likely wasn't banned because it just was never noticed, but now you seem to think it makes sense to try and start it up as a continuous general.

You're really better off just staying in Veeky Forums, because it's clear that you guys don't have any real interest in traditional games, and these sad threads could do with people on Veeky Forums telling you what's wrong with your favorite blog rather than people on Veeky Forums telling you what's wrong with you.

>The Knights of the Basement told Blake that he's seen more combat in one week than most practitioners do their entire lives.
Not necessarily talking about combat, it just seems in general the universe portrayed using magic even for something as arbitrary as finding a lost object as being extremely detrimental in the long run, at which point one has to wonder how magic ever caught on at all?

How does this relate to traditional games?

I'm brainstorming for a personal build

>implying every post within an on topic thread must be on topic

No, but you haven't been discussing anything remotely connected with traditional games for quite a few hours now.

>I'm brainstorming for a personal build
Why is it so easy to disbelieve you? You're really an awful liar.

>The part about you being cancerous. You seem to fulfill that expectation to a tee.
How?

>And, looking through the archive, your "established general" seems to be nothing more than a few sparse, sad threads of just off-topic nonsense that clearly doesn't belong here
Nice opinion.

>It's actually the sort of thing where it likely wasn't banned because it just was never noticed
So make it noticed. Report it. End it all. Do in a few clicks what you won't achieve in a dozens of posts.

>now you seem to think it makes sense to try and start it up as a continuous general
I don't think much of anything about it. I just participate.

>You're really better off just staying in Veeky Forums
Again with that. Worm has always been discussed on Veeky Forums, never Veeky Forums.

>these sad threads could do with people on Veeky Forums telling you what's wrong with your favorite blog
That happens here too. I myself post a lot of criticisms of Wildbow, and I've never been subjected to any kind of scathing fanboy scorn.

>rather than people on Veeky Forums telling you what's wrong with you
Well I guess it's a good thing it'll take more than a few mean words from an all-talk nobody on an anonymous website to rattle my self-esteem.

Please stop shitposting and stat shaterbird

Wow, you're really bad at this arguing thing.
Are you actually trying to get people to hate your favorite blog by associating it with you? That seems counterproductive.

Please don't pretend that "stat me" is anything other than the laziest way to try and squeeze offtopic threads onto Veeky Forums.

One offtopic thread about a subject in a while is fine. Beyond that is when it's clear that you guys don't really plan on playing by the rules.

>it just seems in general the universe portrayed using magic even for something as arbitrary as finding a lost object as being extremely detrimental in the long run
That's just Wildbow being Wildbow.

How does this relate to traditional games?

If I'm being counterproductive in my attempt to get people to hate my favorite blog, doesn't that mean I'm actually getting people to like it?

Checkmate, atheists.