Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Orks will never not be shit, edition.

>dank daily dunk
youtube.com/watch?v=d2xkpz-26jM

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/12/big-news-coming-this-week/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for slaanesh

What's everyone working on today? Games? Hobby progress?

I'm gonna try and assemble my box of Start Collecting Skitarii and finish painting my sicarian infiltrators

3rd for valhalla

>dank daily dunk
OP will never not be shit edition

Putting my space marines on ebay. GW isn't pulling the rug from under me again.

RotP pdf in megaunit of ruststalkers starting tomorrow

Tau Coldstar commander. Still not sure if he's worth the points, but he looks cool.

Is there an edition where Orks aren't shit???

Did another scan through the tactica and replaced useless shit with stul that will probably work better
if im wrong and/or retarded let me know

Krieg Assault Brigade (Mordian)
HQ
Company Command Squad
Carapace Armour, Power Sword, Memento Mori, Ossuary of the Blessed Dead
195 pts

Quartermaster Cadre
x2 Servitors,
95 pts

Elite
Combat Engineer Squad x10
Melta Bombs, Melta Gun, Mole Launcher, Hades
180 pts

Troops
Platoon #1
Plasma Gun
65 pts
Infantry Squad
70 pts
Infantry Squad
70 pts
205 pts

Platoon #2
Plasma Gun
65 pts
Infantry Squad
70 pts
Infantry Squad
70 pts
205 pts

Fast Attack
Death Rider Platoon
Command Squad
100 pts
Squadron
Melta Bombs
90 pts
Squadron
Melta Bombs
90 pts
280 pts

Heavy Support
Leman Russ x2
Heavy Bolter Sponsons
340 pts

Total: 1500 pts

Age of Sigmar.

Really? I'm seriously asking.

Orks vs Nids

Who wins?

>the fucking naked orcs are better than the armored space marine ones

I have a Tactical Squad to build.

Then I have a whole pile of stuff that I have to work up the motivation to paint.

Emperor give me strength.

>Heavy Bolter Sponsons
Waste of points on an Ord russ, can't you use them somewhere else?

arguably 5th edition
...arguably

otherwise yea, AoS is the best place for the greenskins

Yeah, they're great. Arrow Boy Bonesplitters are even OP if you spam them.

Orks, i beat nids recently with them

Last OP pasta was meticulously sanitised for memeshit.

How were 3rd edition orks?

Re-basing some of my Chaos marines with actual 32mm bases instead of blank 25mm ones

Orks aren't tier 1, but they aren't shit, you're just a bad player.

Orks armies are very unforgiving of mistakes. With Marines or Tau or Eldar you can fuck up and still manage to come back, but with Orks you just have to be on the ball all the time.

They're not an entry level army.

That's the most beautiful thing I've seen all week

> this
they require a bit of min maxing to be truely effective, meme ork armois will be stomped easily

But you will make them laugh

Orks actually manage to beat Nids rather well. They have good anti-air for taking out Flyrants, Lootas provide cheap long-range shooting to kill MCs, and Nids lack a lot of powerful ranged weapons to take out vehicles or MANz, meaning Orks can close the gap and make use of their higher attack volume and weapon skill.

Ork armies are a labor of love.

Heading over to a friend's house like I usually do to enjoy my spare time painting terrain and models together. Doing deathworld forest models and maybe munitorum containers today, and then I'm probably going to work on my Thousand Sons.
Maybe one day we'll get a game in instead of working on these for hours on end. Regardless, I enjoy it.

Sold 2/3ds of my Eldar army, now comes the hard part.

Building Scions.

Still haven't decided how I'm going to build an army out of them when their codex has five units, one of which is a waste of a CAD slot and the other makes me physically ill to look at, but damnit, I love the models and fluff so I'll make it work.

Sounds like you're in love. Have you offered to paint his pubes?

Sort of agree, sort of not.

Orcs have best attacks per points and the cheapest open-topped transports in the game.

And unless you push that very hard you'll die in the current meta.

They have a few expensive options to give invuln saves to multiple units.

And unless you push that very hard you'll die in the current meta.

When you're locked into playing Waac in order to be relevant, it's a pretty shit army.

>one of which is a waste of a CAD slot and the other makes me physically ill to look at

What are you talking about here?

>Orcs have MOST attacks per points

Presumably Commisar and Taurox.

Got it in one.

>Orcs

>Orks are an unforgivable army

What the fucking shit

They should be fucking beginner-friendly

Sorry meant Orxz

They are, they give new space marine players a great first experience.

>want to play an apocalypse game but stuck at work

Might just fucking quit

Sorry meant Orrukks

sorry, I meant go'els

That was a failure to English.
It started as "most per X" but I had a syntax error because there isn't more attacks than points.
So I changed it to "least points per attack" but that looked misleading.

Best had to cut it- but considering the hideous weapon choices, yeah I see where you're coming from

What do you do?

Sorry meant Trollocks

Okay though seriously, it's 6:30 GMT so it probably isn't real if they haven't made a video about it by now.

lol

Space Marines are the best beginner army. They're fairly well rounded, aren't too expensive to field, and are the second easiest army to paint behind Necrons.

IG are also fairly decent but the last thing you want to do to a new player is tell them to go build and paint 80 minis before they can play their first game.

i know that feeling about wanting to quit your job, fuck retail. idk what's worse, uppity customers or uppity managers

biel-tan eldar, fuck white. green looks alright. maybe i'll have my 1k painted by friday and finally get to play them

>you're locked into playing Waac in order to be relevant against other waac armies*
most of the problems with the ork everything only start becoming insurmountable when people start actually optimizing their lists

That's why assault on black reach was actually playable despite the point disparity.

You're doing God's work by mentioning that. Thank you, user

I'd argue that Necrons and Tau are easier.

Necrons are more durable than marines overall, and have very uniform units and fewer special rules. You learn reanimation protocols and Gauss and you've got 80% of the book down. Being so durable makes them extremely forgiving of mistakes as well.

Tau have the advantage of only really needing to learn one phase of the game. No psykers, folding over instantly in melee.

But ruststalkers suck. He should just make more infiltrators.

It doesn't look real to begin with
I mean does that cossack figure look like anything GW has made?

>Roll dice
>Miss all my shots
>"Damn it, why am I so bad at this game?"

This is where I'll pick up progress on my Grotesques from yesterday. Need to finish the fluid vials, the pants, and some more details.

Of course it's not real, it's a blurry photo of a kitbash from someone's table.

Reminder that people who say Orks just require skill don't actually play this game.

You also really need to soften up the shading in the lower points in his muscles, right now it just kinda looks like someone drew on him with sharpie.

Why is Eternal Crusade shit?

Necrons I'd agree are probably the most forgiving. You're rarely going to have a unit deleted because you accidentally moved it somewhere you shouldn't.

>falling for the Eternal Crusade meme

You have no one to blame but yourself

Yeah. I just don't really know how to. I don't want to go in there with a super thin coat of Rakarth Flesh because I'm worried I'll mess up the entire flesh paintjob.

>not recognizing Demo Man

Ork speed cult is terrifying vs shooty armies.
Mek gunz are great too.
Deff koptas are good for snatching objectives, while being good APC harassment units.
Stompas are decent shooting platforms.

>idk what's worse, uppity customers or uppity managers
Lazy social workers coming in at 9 and letting their retards roam while they have coffe in the cafeteria.

Necrons don't appeal to new players because they aren't relateable.

Also they look boring as shit.

Mechanically you're spot on though.

>tfw one of my friends nearly convinced me to get it
Dodged a bullet.

how is this for an absolute newbie who never played a game of 40k in his life?

I don't even play the game,I just wanted to know why everyone says it's shit

Cheap cash-in game with an IP license.

Ordo Tempestor-themed Republic Commando game when?

God you're delusional

Uppity managers definitely. You only have to deal with uppity customers until they're taken care of. But you have to sit there and look that uppity manager in the face every fucking day and resist the urge to deck them.

mek guns and deffkoptas ARE great

As long as you're playing on a relatively small board which you'll probably need due to footslogging, it looks fine.

>that idea
Hnnnnnnnngggghhh

I'm sure the guy charged with painting the ultra-sekret Numarines for pre-release photos has an ancient metal model WIP sat on his work-desk too.

Obviously legit guize.

Oh look, another Imperial Game...

Is this his list or yours?

I think he meant the pdf
also, why do ruststalkers suck? I know the infs are great, I have unit already, but I'm curious.

I'm assuming you just hit the wrong button on accident, but just in case, you cannot use a Landspeeder Storm as a dedicated transport for a Dreadnought, only for your Scouts.

Also, you need metal boxes. Footslogging marines are dead marines, get some Rhinos and Drop Pods.

I don't like combi-weapons but other people probably disagree

Extra Armor on dreads isn't worth it.

Make sure and paint your models.

i want a game where you build nids to send against a gunline to see which form is more effective.

Oh, the work bench is the biggest reason why it seemed fake, until no "Yes that's a leak" video came.

On the other hand, pretty much the only recognisable part on it is that the head is probably from the centurion kit. It's a really good conversion to the point where I figured I'd wait for the prescence or abscence of a video before making an ass of myself by forming an opinion.

Infiltrators inflict more wounds on average with their uzis and cattleprods than ruststalkers and debuff nearby units as well.

>also, why do ruststalkers suck?
no debuff, no guns, less dice thrown in general

>The new Super Space Marines are being created by the Primarch of the Smurfs
>MFW Primarch is Making Ultra-Ultramarines

>Dread surfing on a land speeder

Considering the mental image, Why isn't this legal?

>the head is probably from the centurion kit
Nah, it ain't. It's what I thought at first, but after pulling out the sprue and comparing, the earpieces are more detailed on the leak.

Try teaching a new player how to manage markerlights though.

Guy at FLGS playing Orks the other day

>refuses to use Ork words
>calls Deff Dreads "Death Dreads"
>calls Boyz "Soldiers"
>Flash Gitz "Heavy Gunners"
>Lootas "Looters"
>Warboss "Commander" (not even warchief)

warhammer-community.com/2017/03/12/big-news-coming-this-week/

I'm experienced.

so, no matter what army you're facing, you'd go for let's say 2 units of infs rather than 1 infs, 1 rust?
i'm building up small tournament list, and i was planning on going the second option, for diversity

>also, why do ruststalkers suck?

They don't. Not even close. They just take half a brain to use properly instead of being point and click units as make up the meta nowadays.

WAAC is so infectious that people don't even stop to think how to use a unit on the tabletop anymore. Ruststalkers are the backbone of my Skitarii, and they do serious work. The infiltrators are mostly there to secure debuffs to make the Ruststalkers run smoothly.

>"Crap, we've had a leak that's starting to gain more and more attention."
>"Quick, we need to go into full damage control and have those new models painted up and ready to present ASAP! If we don't admit it soon we'll just look like even bigger asshats when we do it later!"

finished asembling my Silver Tower before i hand it out to someone else to paint it, started asembling tzaangors for small AoS army, did not touch t-sons for 40k for last month, feels bad man

Last time someone called custodes release fake right as they announced them, this time it's this.
I don't know if this is a coincidence but it's a glorious one.

>BIG reveals

plz no

change is scary

so you run them close to each other?