What do you guys think of Mousefolk?

I'm rolling up a Mousefolk Paladin using this race drive.google.com/file/d/0B6eHVaEIoWbBZWRid0tkMnhPMXM/view

sad :c ty for the bump though

I'm playing a ratfolk investigator in my current game, an urban campaign in a dwarven fortress. Playing him as a meek alchemy shop owner, who is being dragged along with the party on adventures despite every objection he makes.

So redwall?

I too fondly remember Redwall
>RIP Jacques

I only ever read the first book myself.
Sounds kind of like Bilbo to me. cute pic!

I say Ratling or GTFO

Mice are filthy and disgusting creatures

Rats are clean and sociable

fuck mice, embrace rat

AND THEN THE THREAD DIED AGAIN CAUSE MOUSEFOLK ARE NICE ORIGINAL IDEAS WHICH FEW RPGS CONTAIN GODDAMN IT WHY ALSO MY DM THINKS THESE GUYS ARE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKES, HOW DO I CONVINCE HIM OTHERWISE.

No, seriously, I have a request in there. Help me, I need to push this race into the world.

These threads never seem to live long.

Bump for some random user's request and my own general interest.

ONLY A MIRACLE CAN SAVE THIS THREAD NOW

Are they replacing another race? What is their culture/society? Why are you adventuring?

my internet is shitty and I'm not spending ten minutes loading your link

In our setting Mousefolk aren't replacing any race. They're kind of insular people who spend more time amongst themselves in enclaves of cities. They don't really their own settlements major settlements and while they aren't hated by other races, they're definitely not liked by many. They are short lived and small so they are naturally skittish and cautious. They have their own language (PDF Author calls it Squeak Squeak). They have two subraces One of which spends most of its time living in small towns and foraging and trading. The other subrace is more urban and insular. They form their own communities in Jew-esque Ghettos. My character is personally adventuring because his merchant caravan was being raided by an orc tribe and a paladin of Torm. The Paladin influenced him profoundly. He joined a Holy Order of Torm and wants to use his life to help people and protect the innocent like that paladin did. He figures that if he is only alive because of someone like that, then maybe he could help people like that too.

So they're just furry halflings? Why don't they have their own realm? Why don't they have their own society? Why are all these little insular cultures that are spread out between towns so similar?

I don't know man, they seem pretty damn generic to me. They don't seem to do anything unique or fill a niche that needs filling (aside from your furry insertion into the game). If you want to encourage the DM to include your mousefolk then give him a legitimate reason.

Rodentfolk are awesome.

Yiff in Hell fuckhead

Redwall was my first foray into fantasy literature, so I'm totally cool with rodentfolk. Heck I'm playing a mouse in a 5e game, though I just refluffed the goblin racials in Volo's Guide to achieve that.

Ratfolk are better

My one and only Ratfolk character.
Too bad the game died after 2 sessions.

children of the horned rat ftw