Nasuverse Thread: Part Deux

New thread for discussing Nasuverse stuff. Talk fluff, homebrews, spitball ideas, etc.

Old thread:

Tohsaka Rin pleases old men for money.

Best Caster

Why is everything else besides Fate so much better for campaigns? You can do Tsukihime for horror, Kara no Kyokai for mystery and some action, even some of the Mahoyo stuff for more episodic/traditional adventures and stuff.

Luvia Edelfelt pleases Tsundere Maji for free.

1st for Simo Haya

Every time. I'd actually be surprised if Veeky Forums had ever had a Fate thread where nobody mentioned Simo.

its a tradition

I remember when just saying the name could start fights

Because Fate is fundamentally about people having extremely strong familiars.

It would be like trying to run a Pokemon game where everyone has a legendary. And they're all intelligent enough to not really need a trainer were it not for plot convenience.

What were the fights usually about?

"Wouldn't it be cool if he was a Servant?" vs "That's a stupid idea."

But stupid ideas are often cool.

That's generally how the argument continues on, yes.

More like "stop being obnoxious about that fag faggots". For some inexplicable reason he is always the modern Servant to get wanked.

Also

>modern Servants are supposed to be weak
>Tesla has EX rank Anti-Fortress NP

Uhh, fatefags?

Tesla's a special case because he's Prometheus, but with lightning instead of fire.

Just go with it. For comparison, Edison is pretty meh even when he's getting powered up by literally every POTUS.

Well, even so, you could see Edison wasn't great at direct combat? But stalemating that many Irish servants + army + dragons for that long across the entire continental US isn't a small feat.

Factor in too that Medb literally births 5000 warriors every night.

Gil, Ishtar, Orion &co
---(dividing line here) Billy, Nobu---
Everyone else

Now where do Emiya and Moriarty sit?

It was still a losing battle, and mass production is his strong suit.

but thats wrong you heathen

for the same reason that running a hunger games wouldn't work well.

fate is largely centered on PvP - which is bad for running games

Fate has precedence for alliances, and you need to tap into that. You would also do well to have the War fucked in a way that creates a goal more important than winning, so that people can cooperate in support of that.

I will repost a cool homebrew servant I've seen a while ago here.

-----

Nameless (SUPERHOT)
Class: Assassin
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Strength: B+
Defense: E-
Agility: A++
Magic: C+
Luck: D

Class Skills
Magic Resistance: A
Presence Concealment: B

Personal Skills
Marksmanship: A - The Assassin is capable of observing the projectile traces, allowing it to both predict their trajectories and execute flawless trickshots.
Mental Pollution: EX - SUPER, HOT, SUPER, HOT, SUPER, HOT, SUPER, HOT, SUPER, HOT, SUPER, HOT, SUPER, HOT, SUPER--

Noble Phantasms:
Mind is Software: EX - Time stands still while the Assassin isn't moving. This allows it to always perform perfectly to the limit of his capabilities and react to absolutely any situation.
Body is Expendable: A - The Assassin is capable of "hotswitch" - a technique that switches the consciousness of the Assassin and the target of this Noble Phantasm. The Assassin retains all of his abilities in the foreign body. This comes at the drawback of the Assassin's body unable to withstand lethal attacks.
One of Us: A - The Assassin is capable of absorbing others' minds into his hivemind. Thus, it is possible for multiple Assassins to exist at once, each one controlled by a different instance of the Assassin's hivemind.

Edison was backed up by several other Servants, including Karna, and even then they couldn't do a thing to the demons.
Emiya isn't all that good. His main strengths are that he's incredibly versatile thanks to his NP and that his identity is completely unknown. His stats are middling at best.

Has anyone else thought that the Archer we get in each of the routes is an Emiya from a different route?

Like the gung-ho Archer in Fate who asks if it's okay for him to just kill Hercules outright is the guy from UBW, whilst the Archer who knows the heroes path wont end well is from Heavens Feel and the Archer from HF is Emiya from Fate.

Of course, where the Archer from FHA comes in is anyones guess.

Why the hell is Taiga a servant and part jaguar?

Because she's the best Fate girl.

She's a Pseudo-Servant, meaning she's being used as a vessel by a Divine Spirit (or a Heroic Spirit, but in her case it's a Divine Spirit) instead of having a vessel made for it as is normal for Servants, and to a greater or lesser extent the personalities mingle. In Taiga's case, she's merged with a forgotten Mesoamerican jaguar deity.

There's also Rin possessed by Ishtar (where Rin's influence makes Ishtar a bit less crazy), and Waver possessed by Zhuge Liang (where Zhuge is so fucking antisocial that he lets Waver do everything).

>not liking jaguar yakuza taiga

But Ishtar makes Rin into a turbo-mega slut while at the same time killing Rin's lesbian tendencies and replacing them with bestiality.

I was confused more than anything.

Sounds like a net gain

I fail to see the problem.

The difference between Rin's and Istar's slut levels isn't that high so it is barely noticeable.

>Emiya isn't all that good. His main strengths are that he's incredibly versatile thanks to his NP and that his identity is completely unknown. His stats are middling at best.
Dude, if you should take anything away from Fate, it's that stats are pretty much meaningless. Skill is important, and skill is not a stat.
EMIYa is a big-dog-killing underdog who despite his low natural position can strike far, far above his station. Remember that he does win a Holy Grail War in Fate/Extra.

I don't think Rinshtar shows much interest sexually in anyone besides Gil and the MC.

King Solomon had so much potential as a Heroic Spirit. Dude was primed to be something like the Caster equivalent of Gilgamesh. Instead, we got... whatever it was we got.

Sigh.

>Instead, we got... whatever it was we got.
The guy who literally invented Magecraft and commanded an army of demons?

I'm pretty alright with the Solomon we got.

It's okay, the Jaguarman is basically not there, it's just for Taiga to get a character. Her dad's a Yak in the original FSN, and friends with the Emiya's which is why she basically lives with Shirou

But Rin's gay side is one of the cutest parts of her. She makes a great wingman who can appreciate a nice set of tits. And a threesome is almost guaranteed with her.

>Her dad's a Yak in the original FSN
Grandfather, actually.

What's wrong with the Solomon we got?

Ishtarin is very much Gilsexual. Erishkigalrin will probably be all over Gudao when we finally get her though.

What about Gudako? Why does everyone forget the Gacha addict and lesbian rapist?

Stupid character design. He looks like the aborted hatechild of a Final Fantasy villain and a digimon.

It's especially odd when you consider the biblical Solomon had such overwhelming swag he kept a harem of over a thousand wives, including the Queen of Sheba. How the hell did he manage while looking like that much of a clown?

Only canon to the Learn to Play! comics. They're interchangeable as far as the game is concerned.

I think you're out of the loop.

The first Solomon design we got, circa Christmas 2015, turned out to be all 72 of his demons formed into a hivemind and possessing his corpse.

The proper Solomon, while still being the same basic design, didn't look quite as blatantly evil.

>Not thinking those comics are the best part of GO

Chicks dig final fantasy style pretty boy villains. How the hell do you think the franchise has thrived so well?

Eh, true Solomon is less designed than Goetia. He loses the demon-eyes woven throughout his braid and his hair is more tame. But I've never had a problem with jRPG extravagant designs. The dude was a king loaded head to toe in magical silver equipment.

For comparison, Goetia impersonating Solomon.

It seems to be a bit of a theme in the nasuverse that the big guys of Jewish mythologies are all bishie prettyboys. Check out David and Moses (in Fate: Prototype).

For reference, here's Moses (alongside Ramses II and Nefartari. They decided to do the Prince of Egypt thing and emphasize just how good friends they all were until the "incident" with the Ten Plagues and whatnot).

The Christian saints are pretty attractive too, even Amakusa when he ditches the Marik hair.

The Muslims are the ones who get the short end of the stick, and even then Serenity at the very least is pretty hot under the mask. It's just that she'll kill you with a touch if you aren't undead, Arash, or the FGO MC.

Maybe Jehovah has a thing for slender, smooth faced pretty boys. We're not judging.

>tfw Martha(ruler) has a divine skill that says this bitch is the hottest while wearing a bikini

tfw she was already your waifu

>The Christian saints are pretty attractive too, even Amakusa when he ditches the Marik hair.

>Martha

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!

The difference in the Nasuverse version of the tale is that rather than being crushed by the Red Sea, after seeing Moses part it Ramses basically just acknowledges that God might have a point and Lets His People Go.

I have a strong suspicion that the writer might've actually learned the story from The Prince of Egypt, and probably not the Japanese version because his understanding of the myth is beyond hilarious. Some points in the book actually refer to Moses' people as the Hittites, and it's not entirely clear whether he even understands those aren't the same as the Israelites.

Here we go again.

I LIKE SMACK HAPPY NUNS WHO HAPPEN TO BE HOT

This is odd. Nasuverse writers generally put a lot of effort into researching the various myths before disregarding everything and turning everyone into lolis.

Well Ancient Egypt and the Bible aren't really Sakurai's comfort zone. Shinjuku was a huge step up in quality compared to the other Sakurai chapters of FGO.

Hundred Face's face girl is pretty attractive as well, and King Hassan has to be incredibly bara.

>Some points in the book actually refer to Moses' people as the Hittites
I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

user from the last thread who asked someone to stat Robert the Bruce here, I decided to be a bit less of a faggot and do it myself.

So far I have basic stats and a list of skills he could have, the final list will be heavily trimmed down though. Gonna get to his more personal skills and his Noble Phantasm (Brave Heart) in a bit.

Was wondering if anyone had any tips on doing so because I am honestly not that creative.

I'd help you out if only I knew anything about Robert the Bruce.

A Scottish king who fought hard for his throne, first among his own people then against the English when they tried to take over.

As romanticized as William Wallace has been since the movie Brave Heart staring Mel Gibson, He is the main reason Scotland and Ireland are not just Britain these days (though really Scotland is only its own nation in name at this point, sadly).

He was brilliant at asymmetrical warfare, not only pushing the English out of Scotland while fighting the Irish on the other side but invading northern England.

Things kind of calmed down mostly and he maintained peace between the three nations through careful diplomacy. He also made several ties with the church for their support. He was deeply devout.

There is a tale of him charging his horse at an enemy noble, also on a horse, while wielding nothing but an axe. He dodged his opponents lance and struck him so hard he shattered his iron helmet, broke his axe and killed his opponent. Afterwards all he said was that he liked that axe.

There is a tale of how, after a defeat he spent a week hiding in a cave. There he watched a spider try and fail to spin a web. Upon its success he felt renewed and when on to win several impressive victories.

When he died at 55, victorious and satisfied, of some mysterious illness he told his people to cut out his heart and preserve it so that it could be brought into battle during the crusades.

"I will that as soone as I am trespassed out of this worlde that ye take my harte owte of my body, and embawme it, and take of my treasoure as ye shall thynke sufficient for that enterprise, both for your selfe and suche company as ye wyll take with you, and present my hart to the holy Sepulchre where as our Lorde laye, seyng my body can nat come there".

It was carried into battle in a casket and uplifted the soldiers of Scotland until it was laid to rest in 1998, nearly 700 years later.

Love me some Robert the Bruce, but there is not Bruce without the Black Douglas.

"Go before once again, brave heart. Lead us again as you once did."

Personally, I'd love to see a Hannibal legendary spirit.

Honestly surprised he has not shown up in anything yet.

decrease those stats - hes not that fast

This guy gets it.

funnily enough, if one were to run a game of fate - medea summoning irregular servant/s could be a good way of fluffing it

Saber, caster or rider?

>part of souichirou's homegroup class
>helping with some stuff after school
>oh hey, its that lady that lives with him you heard about
>whats she doing?
>you are now a demiservant
>will you befriend that autistic kid in your year? will you help your teacher get laid? will the priest molest you?
>you decide

>will you befriend that autistic kid in your year?

Which one?

the one who likes swords, not the rapist

caster, specializes in territory creation - noble phantasm is something to do with phylactery and shapeshifting

Rider, but with magic tricks related to hiding souls in things.

i dont recall him having any kind of special mount, at least in the stories i remember - didnt he transform into animals himself?

caster with monstrous heritage and item/territory creation for sure

how would you handle the sheer variety of noble phantasms out there? in terms of letting your players customize theirs

Deal with it on a case-by-case basis. There should only be about a handful of them in the game anyway, it shouldn't be so much work to figure out how to translate that fluff into crunch.

Question before I go to sleep. If I were to re-fluff some aspects of his story to better suite a servant in the Nasuverse would that be wrong?

It is something that happens a lot in Nasuverse but I do not know if it is seen as terrible in fanwork.

At most I am talking about, for example, making the Brave Heart a sword or more likely something else he had during his life then passed on during his death. An artifact that was born from him or he earn from the fey most likely.

Here's an idea: have the "Brave Heart sword" contain his actual fucking heart in it, torn out of him by an asshole fairy and forged into part of a sword

That is actually exactly what I was thinking. The sword would in turn only be as strong as his heart is true.

>If I were to re-fluff some aspects of his story to better suite a servant in the Nasuverse would that be wrong?
No. Adapting your idea to better fit the context of the setting is not necessarily a bad thing. The way I look at it, slavishly insisting on not compromising on anything sounds like even worse world building and character design.

As for making the Brave Heart something other than a literal heart, I think it's an interesting idea. A lot of NPs are made to sublimate the history and perception of the characters.

Right. To be fair, isn't his like of swords more down to the fact that he is a part man part magic sword sheath cyborg/hybrid thing?

It's his desire to be a superhero that's frankly more autistic, and it's somewhat telling that somehow his response in UBW after being told be his future self "You're being retarded" is "Naaah it's fine" is considered the right one.

At least in HF he learns to cut that shit out by and large. Although that's more a testament to how fucking off-script the HF scenario got.
I mean christ, even Kotomine, a character with almost as many Rape the Dog moments as Zeus backs off and goes "Whoa this shit is fucked up."

I mean, the final boss of the last two routes get's eaten by a black tentacle monster almost off screen. Half the magi are bumped off in the first two hours or less, for some reason the real Assassin has gotten summoned this time, Saber is now evil, Shiro has lost an arm but luckily theres a replacement arm right here and there's no need to discuss this any more because the player must have gone through UBW already and christ we don't need to revisit that shit again and oh yes these two are related now and time to have more sex scenes than the other two routes combined, better get out the wikipedia entry for shellfish genuses.

He had a death horse that could compete with a pegasus in some tales.

I wonder if he could get both armour and sword as a saber.

>his future self "You're being retarded" is "Naaah it's fine" is considered the right one.

correct me if im wrong, but isnt the whole point that the ideal is worth striving for even if it turns out to fuck him up the ass later on?

siegfried has both, so i dont see why not

Servants can have multiple NPs at the same time.

i mean in terms of classification and costs

say a C level NP costs 10 points

God Hand is C level, so it would cost 10 points

but say a player decides that he wants a reverse God Hand ( only protects against top tier NP) would that still be C level? where are the cut off lines?

it seems like there is so much grey area

That's why you deal with it on a case-by-case basis. There's no real average for a lot of NPs. I mean, Rule Breaker can break magical contracts and is ranked C. That can be absolutely broken or completely useless, depending on the circumstances. Compare to something like Mordred's Secret of Pedigree, also ranked C, which only has the effect of hiding the wearer's identity from people who don't already know her. It's not a good equivalent.

That's why you have to deal with them individually. Skills and stat parameters are much easier to give a points cost.

that kinda goes for skill too

look at all the unique skills out there

So here is as far as I have gotten so far. The skill list will be trimmed and altered, I just wanted everything possible on the table.

Robert the Bruce
Class: (undetermined)

Strength:B
Agility:C
Luck:C
Endurance:C+
Mana:D
NP:B+

Skills
Riding:B
Magic Resistance:E
Battle Continuation:B
Bravery:A
Charisma:B-
Military Tactics:C+
Disengage:C

A Scottish king who opposed English rule. In his youth he encountered a fey while lost in the forest who tested him by through constant temptation.
Robert bested the fey and returned home, but for his smug demeanor, trickster's wit and hard convictions the fey gifted him in it's own terrible way. It tore out his heart and gifted it with a fey's glamour,
making (undecided) as strong as his heart is true.

Robert the Bruce went on to fight many battles against both the English and Irish, ultimately ensuring Scotland's continued prosperity for centuries to come. His Brave Heart became a symbol carried into battle by his people, filling them with hope and fervor.

it's simple : the fate canon is absolutely non-consistent mind raping chaos that is made of cool-sounding stuff blend together by a mentally challenged autist
it doesn't make any sense outside of the rule of cool and giving waifu to fap

I know this is bait, but fuck it.

That's not really true. There's a pretty solid set of relatively consistent rules underneath the Nasuverse, especially for an anime about magic; Japan's idea of "magic" tends to be old-school "plot device" rather than tabletop "rules."

It's just that Nasu then introduces enough exceptions to the rules to make you forget that the rules exist for everyone who isn't an exception.

Obviously not all skills of the same rank should have the same cost. But there are enough generic skills that it makes it easy to assign a points scale for each of them.

true

so generic skills (IA, battle cont, escape, instinct, etc) have a points cost
while noble phantasms and unique skills would have a cost determined by GM and be rather freeformish in creation?

What class would Abbadon be?
And his stats?

I'm guessing it was one of you guys who asked about this over at Veeky Forums. To make it clear to the rest of you .