Warhammer 40K General /40KG/

A New Hope Edition.

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z9D71pQaTnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does Greyslut lust for Astartes D so much?

My god.

RIP Amalrich. Probably didn't even tap that.

Alright, to get away from the powerlevel discussion:

Which unit do you guys think is the most FUN to use and play against? That is ignoring how strong oe weak it may be, just how mechanically fun the unit is and behaves.

yeeeeee boi

>a loaded glance

Too bad he died to meme spewing minotaur.

That bitch put up a death flag for Amalrich by giving him flirty eyes.

Everytime a hero gets flirty-eyed before going into battle shit goes south.

>a loaded glance

YURI CRUSADE

his death flag was being named the emperor's champion

SYDONIAN
DRAGOOOOOONS

youtube.com/watch?v=z9D71pQaTnc

Reposting since last thread died before I could get a response

So I'm going to be transitioning from just painting stuff to actually playing the tabletop game soon and I put this list together just from what I actually have

Since I have pretty much no experience with the game I'm unaware of what strengths and weaknesses my units would bring to the table, what additions or changes could I make to make things fun. Only rule is that I have no intention to use thunderwolf cavalry or wulfen but I am considering maybe starting a small second army for some allied shenanigans, possibly from mechanicus or the scions

Anyone have a decent kakophoni list I can look at and learn from?

I am having a hard time putting so much wargear around on them

That was such a BECAUSE DRAMA move, too.

The Emperor's Champion is being chosen randomly from among the entire Crusade and it just so happened to hit the Marshal of the entire thing just as a new Space Marine leadership joined the Crusade?

Come the fuck on, that shit was a set-up to get rid of the Marshal.

I love fielding loaded platoons of IG. 5th ed was especially fun. Creed/Kell used to be such an epic combination with a shitload of troops. That combined with a newfound ability to take a bunch of battle tanks? Shit yes! The IG have always been fun for me. And the ridiculous combinations you could field like IG aircav... is this still an option?

20 man squads of Secutarii Peltasts using flachettes.

I like using a bucket to roll my dice.

According to the new book, the Ynnari left Ultramar to pursue their next mission which is protecting the Necron Pylons from Chaos.

While the Eldar were fighting off daemons, Necrons emerged to protect what is theirs. The Necrons initially did not target the Eldar and went just for the daemons.

Yvarine urged her Eldar kin to reach out to the Necrons and form an alliance with them. However, the Eldar did not listen and started firing on the Necrons. The Necrons responded in kind and now the Eldar are sandwiched between the Necrons and the daemons, and it looks like the Pylons are gonna get destroyed anyways.

Reinforcements are arriving in the form of Asurman and his warriors but it seems it's too late. This raises interesting questions.

Eldar hatred prevented an alliance to be formed with the Necrons on that world but there can be other chances. So can the Eldar and Necron reconcile their disagreements and set aside their ancient hatreds and bitterness to work for the greater good? Is it possible? Do you want to see a Necron and Eldar alliance? We have seen an Imperial and Eldar alliance and how they play off on each other so what will the Necron and Eldar ally dynamic be as in who would be the sub and the dom?

You need to drop 50 points SOMEWHERE to get a Dreadnought Drop Pod for that Leviathan. Just use a normal drop pod's model for it sicne the two are nearly identical in size.

No joke, having a Lucius pod is practically mandatory for the leviathan as it gives him 3 additional hull points on turn 1. He isn't required to disembark the pod, and it's open-topped. So he can shoot out of it. Then on turn 2 he can disembark and FUCK UP something you don't like.

I wish GW had the subtlety to think of that. We're moving away from the era of politics and plots, and into the era of Heroes and Saints and Primarchs. There are grey areas left in the galaxy. It's all becoming primary colours.

So, Guilliman's back with a bitter vengeance, sporting Darth Vader-like life support systems and a grudging understanding of authoritarianism.
There's rumors of Ferrus Manus coming back Ghost Rider-style as the leader of the Legion of the Damned.
What are some other twists for returning primarchs?
Wulfen Leman Russ? Dreadnought'd Khan? Sanguinius becoming Sara Kerrigan for the Tyranids?

Necron and Eldar are literally like Imperium and Chaos, it would never work. The Necrons are remnants like Chaos are, and the Eldar are their ancient enemies' sons, just like the current Imperium is to Chaos.

I've always been partial to a game my buddy and I call HRT: Havocs, Raptors, and Terminators.

Both of us build a force using only Chaos Lords and/or Sorcerers, Raptors, Havocs, and Terminators, and can only take options and vehicles available to those units.

Havocs are hands-down the best at shooting, and with Plasma guns are a major threat to pretty much anything on the board. However, they are pretty much entirely dependent on not getting tied up in Assault in order to be effective, and they die to any dedicated melee assault from Raptors or Terminators.

Terminators are the tank units that act as flexible troops to fulfill different roles - they're decent enough at both range and CC when given a Combi-Weapon and either a Lightning Claw or a Power Fist/Power Maul. They can out-shoot Raptors while crunching Havocs in melee and absorbing their fire better.

Raptors are the anti-infantry units, who utilize mobility, maneuverability, and their special weapons to bring precision assaults and tie up the foe in melee.

Lords and Sorcerers add quite a bit to the game because of relics and abilities, and act as force multipliers.

Land Raiders are super-pricey, but also super-dangerous if the opponent isn't prepared for it.

It's a lot of fun. At 1000pts, you have enough variety and wiggle room to flesh out a force while still forcing you to make tactical choices.

So to answer your question, those three

>There's rumors of Ferrus Manus coming back Ghost Rider-style as the leader of the Legion of the Damned.
Don't spread misinformation, that was never a rumour, just wishlisting.

A pod for the leviathan is the first thing I was going to purchase once I get everything finished up

So you're certain people wont mind mine using a regular drop pod for the lucius? I've seen conversions to make them more accommodating for a dreadnought in terms of looks so I was just planning on using that.

Is the storm cannon worth keeping on a podded leviathan or should I just go fully choppy?

>Necron and Eldar are literally like Imperium and Chaos, it would never work.

Actually, loyalists and traitors allied with each other against the Beast Waaagh! in the Beast series. The fought side by side.

So Yvraine trying to convince her kind to ally with the Eldar for a common goal is akin to Cypher trying to convince the Ultramarines to work with the Fallen to get to the goal, right?

>Ferrus Manus arrives to take back Cadia

All the OG legions with personal lists will get their primarch back. Wulfen Russ, Sanguinor as Sanguinius, and the Lion will probably be brought back too. Just wait for the codices to release next edition with swanky new primarch models.

I think Eldar would be better off getting the Imperium as a proxy to deal with Necrons. Ynnari have enough influence that they could probably get papa smurf to at least listen, and since it is dealing with a pylon, it would have actual persuasive weight.

Fuck, was it unsubstantiated?
It's the most bitchin' idea for Ferrus' return to not be wasted.

>ally with the Eldar
I meant Necrons ofc.

Any of the Aspect Warriors. Slapping planes out the sky with Hawks, denying jinks with Reapers, disappearing Land Raiders with Dragons, BAMFing around with Spiders, rolling a million dice for the Avenger's Killing Strike, infiltrating Scorps and watching the absolute MADMAN of an Exarch solo most of the squad. It's all good.

Hey /40KG/ not to just barge in but I was going to ask this in /40krpg/ but the thread is basically dead at this point.

Who would Rick and Morty be in the 40k universe? The only thing I can think of is Rick as a Blood Raven and Morty as a Scout Marine.

>Wulfen Leman Russ
I wish that wouldve been the ultimate twist from warzone fenris that magnus captured leman russ and mutated him into a wulfen creature and unleashed the wulfen onto fenris

It's been done.

who cares

So, out of the Necron Special Characters,
which is best and why? (crunchwise)
>inb4 Assholetep

No I mean it was even less than unsubstantiated, it was literally someone saying "wouldn't it be cool if.."

The leviathan doesn't lose much but taking a ranged weapon, and no people won't mind if you juse use a regular pod for it. I'm not even kidding when I say that the actual Lucius pod costs 4 times as much dollars, but its only 2mm taller in exchange.

On the off-hand, a storm cannon is necessary so he can kill something during his off-turn as he comes on the board, and then he can use it to kill a secondary target on turn 2 if you're good with positioning. You can tag 2 units at the same time with the heavy flamers, and shoot the one you aren't charging with the storm-cannon. This can score your leviathan 3 whole kills by turn 2.

Thanks mate.

And tell me how the Chaos and Imperium relationship currently is.

>Who would Rick and Morty be in the 40k universe?

A mad high Cryptek and a minor Necron Lord

A Homunculus and his wrack apprentice.

>Sanguinius

Just update the Sanguinor's model be Sangunius' spirit watching over his legion, give it Primarch-tier stats and rules and its done. You could even keep the mystery of the Sanguinor, maybe its not Sangunius but the BA's psychic gestalt made manifest.

I'd like to see the Khan being released by Vect as a last resort, like the Doom marine in Doom, they kept him locked up to never be released because they couldnt kill him and now Vect needs him to kill his enemies so he releases the Khan in the general direction of whatever is destroying Commorragh.

Dorn? The Fists are heading to Medrengaard apparently so maybe they release him from the clutches of the IWs who've been torturing him for millenia, put him in a Leviathan-sized Dreadnought.

Werewolf Russ and Ghost Rider Ferrus would seriously be hype as fuck, I'm not sorry.

ITS FUCKING HAPPENING

Reporting in, that was me saying that Ferrus leading the LotD on a flaming Bike and headless would be fucking cool.

Imotekh. His lightning ability is broken.

BobbyG would be perfect negotiator between Eldar and Necrons, it was mentioned he was friend of Trazyn.

Thank god. Bringing back dead primarchs is lame af no Rowbout wasn't dead

I'd sacrifice my unborn son if GW released Jaghatai Khan as a character Grotesque for Dark Eldar.
It'd be a way for GW to have one primarch to "go traitor," but still retain the integrity of the White Scars.

Riiiight, until an entire fucking chapter defected to the forth.

only got a few responses cuz thread died,
thoughts?

The only 'dead' primarch returning I can accept would be Sanguinius, because they've been hinting at that for so long that it'd be dumb if nothing came of it.

Deathwatch suck shit
Don't bother

And yet that's one of the ones that would be the most irking because it basically renders his entire heroic sacrifice and the tragic affliction of the Blood Angels and their successors with the Black Rage completely fucking pointless.

You mean you don't wand Ferrus Manus as a headless horseman daemon of order leading a pack of legion of the damned bikers? Am I the only one who thought that was tight shit when it came up a few threads ago?

Alright, this guy checks out.

dis is good for unbound right?

Orikan. Brings the best buffs and combat ability.

It'd be pretty sick, the rumor began when Atia hinting that the Legion might get something in the future and something like a headless giant walking among them or something.

I think a Necron Ferrus would be better, if only to act as a mockery to the Iron Hands. Not only that, but it would really, really piss off Fulgrim I bet.

why you gotta be hatin on my iron hands son?

>Tzeentch-changes Russ
>Necron Ferrus
>Dark Eldar Khan
I like where this pattern is going.

I see Ferrus better served as some kind of Skitarii cyborg that allows for remnants of his soul to posses.

It's not that I hate them, but I think it would be wonderfully ironic in all ways.

It's been ten thousand years, so I don't know if it'd be entirely pointless. And obviously if he's just 'Okay guys no more black rage/red thirst, you guys are all fine now. Btw I'm basically the same dude as I was before' I'll be pissed. There's a lot of wiggle room with how they advance the Blood Angels story, and maybe even having them semi-fall would be an interesting result of Sanguinius' return.

That would seriously be metal as all fuck, but I doubt GW would do it. Ferrus might return as a Necron hybrid or something though.

months ago I joked about Ferrus getting a bionic head

>silver-skulled Primarch Ghost Rider

White Scars eat your heart out

>Girlyman outwitted and captured by Kairos Fateweaver
>Girlyman clearly significantly weaker than Magnus. Was about to get killed but saved by Sisters of Silence who joined him in the battle against Magnus robbing the daemon primarch of his warp power forcing him to go melee only mode. Even then he didn't defeat Magnus but pushed him into a Webway gate
>didn't fight Skarbrand in a straight up fight

Justify this, Veeky Forums.

If Russ was in his place he would have defeated all three foes with his hands tied behind his back

The Imperium can't win everything and get all their primarchs back and peachy. Flesh horror Khan, Necron Ferrus, Wulfenised Russ and Sanguinius as the Black Rage made manifest would be far more interesting.

Do Grey Knights serve in the Deathwatch?

No, they can serve alongside the DW but not in it.

>Justify this, Veeky Forums.

Gathering Storm is just a big advertisement in campaign form, just like the weekly WD were.

You can verify this by seeing the ham-handed inclusion of Betrayal at Calth in Gathering Storm I.

Russ would've gone down even easier to Fateweaver. An empty chair could outsmart Russ.

More than interesting, it wouldn't undermine their sacrifices or roles in Heresy. Having them come back with radically different personalities and intrigues would be a kickass move.

Imperium gets Omegon. Turns the Inquisition into an even crazier institution.

>You can verify this by seeing the ham-handed inclusion of Betrayal at Calth in Gathering Storm I.

wat

Magnus lost to a dreadnought.

I'd find it interesting to not directly bring him back but instead just make it a Formation that represents his presence. Another Sanguinor/Golden Host deal, allowing you to immediately replace any model from the Formation with the Sanguinior if he dies and maybe give them a few extra rules as well. Maybe something that gives buffs whenever he dies.

It could represent Sanguinus himself actively supporting his sons and constantly trying to manifest in one of them. Buffing whenever a new Marine is "possessed" and one dies is also an easy analogy for his sacrifice.

Fateweaver used Girlyman's doubts and fears that he seeded in the primarch to fashion warp chains to bind him in his place.

This won't work on Russ since he loyalty is absolute.

Bad writing.
Nothing more, nothing less.

>I didn't read the books but I want to talk about them on Veeky Forums

Par for course

>A shard Magnus lost to a dreadnought.

FiFY

You mean it wouldn't work on Lion because his loyalty is absolute. It wouldn't work on Russ because Russ is too foolhardy to know doubt.

In Girlyman's defense, he always was more of a strategist and thinker rather than a brawler.

Omegron goes to Tau. Just because it's the one thing absolutely nobody would expect

Just give me Vulkan and I'll be happy. I'm going to flip a fucking table if all the "Vulkan lives!" fluff turns out to be "lolno sorry!" while the Smurfs still get girlyman back.

>Even then he didn't defeat Magnus but pushed him into a Webway gate
Actually magnus was the one who did that. His panicked flailing after getting impaled on guilliman's flaming D sent him into the portal.

also he brought the bantz

I'd rather see Khan become THE master of the Deathwatch.
Dude loved killing Orks and Dark Eldar more than anything save for going fast and I can see his time in Commorragh (assuming this was the case) as reason for him to dedicate the remainder of his life to murderfuck xenos.

Pretty sure Vulkan literally can not be killed by anything from this plane of existence.

Turns out Alpharius was the Ethereals all along.

You forgot about the Lion. Who is sitting in stasis in a similar state to what Guilliman was in.

We'll see ol Morty and Lion-O before any other primarch, for sure.

Better get finding those relics then Salamander-kun.

Naw, dude. Omegon is Janus. Omegon is in the Omega Vault. Omegon's the adopted primach of the Grey Knights.

>Russ is too retarded to defeat with magic.
Checks out, brothers. Awooo!

The Lion isn't dead. Leading theory is that his consciousness was split from his body and is in his sword, which Cypher's lugging around. He needs the Emprah to fix him or some shit. Fitting in an Arthurian sense, but the Lion is alive but comatose.