/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Mapuche Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/download/c21fjlui9gnhc17/Osprey - MAA 101 - The Conquistadores.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ay07xilhp4tybb7/Osprey - WAR 040 - The Conquistador 1492-1550.pdf
mediafire.com/download/k0xb5q64tdbbs8m/S&T 058 - Conquistador.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=qjrVRg9TzOg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z00knWPFOBo
redstarrailways.com/kubikirsr.asp
naval-war.com/navalforum/battlereports/59-java-sea-night-clash
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest

12th of March in military history:

538 – Vitiges, king of the Ostrogoths ends his siege of Rome and retreats to Ravenna, leaving the city in the hands of the victorious Byzantine general, Belisarius.
1550 – Several hundred Spanish and indigenous troops under the command of Pedro de Valdivia defeat an army of 60,000 Mapuche at the Battle of Penco during the Arauco War in present-day Chile.
1689 – The Williamite War in Ireland begins.
1811 – Peninsular War: A day after a successful rearguard action, French Marshal Michel Ney once again successfully delayed the pursuing Anglo-Portuguese force at the Battle of Redinha.
1864 – American Civil War: The Red River Campaign begins as a US Navy fleet of 13 Ironclads and 7 Gunboats and other support ships enter the Red River.
1885 – Tonkin Campaign: France captures the citadel of Bắc Ninh.
1920 – The Kapp Putsch begins when the Marinebrigade Ehrhardt is ordered to march on Berlin.
1940 – Winter War: Finland signs the Moscow Peace Treaty with the Soviet Union, ceding almost all of Finnish Karelia. Finnish troops and the remaining population are immediately evacuated.
1942 – Pacific War: The Battle of Java ends with an Allied surrender to the Japanese Empire.
1947 – The Truman Doctrine is proclaimed to help stem the spread of Communism.
1993 – North Korea nuclear weapons program: North Korea says that it plans to withdraw from the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty and refuses to allow inspectors access to its nuclear sites.
1999 – Former Warsaw Pact members the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland join NATO.
2003 – Zoran Đinđić, Prime Minister of Serbia, is assassinated in Belgrade.

It is 467 years since the Battle of Penco, fought between 60,000 Mapuche under the command of their toqui Ainavillo with his Araucan and Tucapel allies, and Pedro de Valdivia's 200 Spaniards on horse and afoot with a large number of yanakuna including 300 Mapochoes auxiliaries, defending their newly raised fort at Penco. It was part of the Arauco War.

After toqui Ainavillo's defeat in the Battle of Andalien he gathered tens of thousands of warriors from the Arauco and Tucapel regions to reinforce his depleted 15,000 man army for an attack on Valdivia's new settlement at Penco. Meanwhile Valdivia's force took eight days to construct a fort with a circuit of 1500 paces around his new settlement with a ditch 12 feet deep and wide. The excavated earth was used to fill in behind a wall of tree trunks driven into the earth above the ditch. It had three gates with well built bastions provided with artillery. Following the construction of the fort, Valdivia established the city of Concepción del Nuevo Extremo there on March 3, 1550. He also sent out patrols of his cavalry to call on the local Mapuche to submit to Spanish rule and provide food and service to the Spanish.

On March 12, Ainavillo's army of sixty thousand warriors advanced against the fort at Penco in three separate bodies with 5,000 skirmishers covering their advance and deployment. Once they had arrived they surrounded the fort on all sides but were not equipped to storm the deep ditch and the wall above it. They could only fire arrows and stones at the walls and shout threats leaving the Spanish safe inside. Inside the fort there was some discontent among the conquistadors at being so hemmed in and letting the Mapuche gain courage thinking the Spaniards were afraid of them by not fighting in the field where their cavalry had always been able to defeat these enemies.

Meanwhile Ainavillo's command that had been previously defeated at Andalien, was recognized by the Spaniards, and they also saw that the Mapuche divisions were separated from each other in a way that prevented them from aiding one another easily. Jerónimo de Alderete without Valdivia's permission picked out Ainavillo's division for a vigorous charge by his cavalry but the Mapuche had learned to close their ranks, presenting their copper tipped pikes and this repelled the Spanish charge with some injury to their horses leaving the Mapuche untouched.

Valdivia realized that Alderete had forced his hand and sent out Pedro de Villagra with the rest of the cavalry and directed the softening up of Ainavillo's command by volleys of their firearms and artillery. Jeronimo de Alderete and Pedro de Villagra then led a new charge that broke Ainavillo's disordered division at the first onslaught and they fled with the Spanish in pursuit, followed by the rout of the other two commands of Mapuche upon seeing the spectacle. Where the fleeing Mapuche entered terrain the cavalry could not follow the Spanish foot and Michimalonco's warriors followed killing many. The battlefield was littered with discarded weapons, 300 dead Indians killed in the clash with Ainavillo alone, according to Vivar, 4,000 was the total Mapuche loss after the pursuit, according to Lobera, and 200 were captured including many leaders of the army. Valdivia had the nose and one hand of each of the prisoners cut off and sent them back with a message that the Mapuche should now submit to Spanish rule.

mediafire.com/download/c21fjlui9gnhc17/Osprey - MAA 101 - The Conquistadores.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ay07xilhp4tybb7/Osprey - WAR 040 - The Conquistador 1492-1550.pdf
mediafire.com/download/k0xb5q64tdbbs8m/S&T 058 - Conquistador.pdf

The community project this month is an obsolete unit or vehicle.

To the user who shared the Britrex site - thanks, it's awesome.

>300 dead Indians killed in the clash with Ainavillo alone, according to Vivar, 4,000 was the total Mapuche loss after the pursuit

It's always during the rout AFTER the battle when the real killing gets done.

Poor bastards.

does this just mean any ww2 vehicle

No. Unless you plan on running it post ww2.

Like basically any ARVN or VNA vehicle in Vietnam.

Thought I'd share some thing I've finished recently. Late Roman Cav I've just, a field surrounded by wattle fencing and a thatch house.

Looking good user!

Is the roof of that house made out of teddy bear fur?

Hey /hwg/, I am considering getting into historical wargames and I started saving money for my first miniatures. I would like to collect AWI Continental forces but I am not sure if I will be able to find people to play with me. Isnt AWI sort of limited to Continentals vs Brits or can you mix other napoleonic armies as well?

> Isn't AWI sort of limited to Continentals vs Brits

Not really, you can include French and Hessians as well as natives to spice things up.

> can you mix other napoleonic armies as well?

Napoleonics is a totally different period, it'd be like using Wehrmacht models in a WWI game.

>Isnt AWI sort of limited to Continentals vs Brits
AWI is pre-Napoleonic (just)
There are also the French and German (Hessian) forces as well, not to mention the various Indian tribes that got involved
You could stretch it back to French & Indian War although I believe the Brit uniform was slightly different

The Spanish and Dutch were also involved on the continental side to a certain extent.

An interestingly different campaign idea might be Brits vs Spanish in Central America for the San Juan campaign.

I see. Do you usually play certain scenarios with historically accurate forces or make up your own?

I generally find it's best to build a force along historical guidelines and then scenarios will generally fit around that.

I.e. build an infantry regiment from the period, then if you know a certain action you wanted to refight involved say two battalions, you'd have the stuff to do it already.

>I.e.
e.g.* My autism will not let this slide.

>AWI
>napoleonic

Two different eras user. Two different methods of fighting and vastly different uniforms too. That last bit is very important seeing as you're going to be painting.

If you're interested in AWI, a little research should be your first step. There are links at the top of the thread to a bunch of Ospreys and other books.

As for the different armies involved, France sent a force of ~5K to fight in North America, both sides had native allies, both sides had militias and other irregulars, and the UK hired mercenaries from several German principalities; i.e. Hessians.

Spain and Holland fought against the UK too, as did the Kingdom of Mysore, and battles associated with the war took place in the Caribbean, Central America, the Gulf Coast, Europe, Africa, and India. Gibraltar, for example, was besieged by Spanish and French forces for over 3 years.

There's a LOT you can do in the AWI era. You just need to learn something about it first.

>Do you usually play certain scenarios with historically accurate forces or make up your own?

If they aren't historically accurate you might was well call them Orcs and Elves.

Strangely enough, the whole idea behind historical wargaming is to use history.

I guess he meant "the exact number of regiments with their relative strength factored in" by "historically accurate".

The French also unsuccessfully tried to invade the Channel Islands.

>I guess he meant...

Seeing as he thought AWI was Napoleonic, I wouldn't give him that much credit.

>The French also unsuccessfully tried to invade the Channel Islands.

Yup. Lots of places to place a battle.

Alright dude, I already said I am new to this. I found the AWI miniatures under the napoleonic tag in some sites and got confused. I didnt mean to insult you or anything.

Yeah

thanks user, first time painting horses

Ignore that guy, if you can find a guy to play with you should try a skirmish game. Skirmishes don't need to be 100% historical they can just represent small battles set in the period that were never written down.

Skirmish games are cheaper (less miniatures needed) and let you know if you've got an interest in the period.

Good rules for that period are Muskets and Tomahawks and Sharp Practice
M&T
youtube.com/watch?v=qjrVRg9TzOg

SP
youtube.com/watch?v=Z00knWPFOBo

>Skirmish games are cheaper (less miniatures needed) and let you know if you've got an interest in the period.

At first, you don't even need miniatures either.

Any rules set will have basing requirements; that's the size and shape of the base the miniature is mounted on. What you can do is cut out pieces of cardboard to the proper base sizes, mark them as representing various figure types, and then use them to "test drive" various rules. It's just a stop gap, not something you'd use all the time.

Once you find the rules you like, you start collecting & painting your miniatures and throw the cardboard bits away. That way you don't get stuck with miniatures for a rules set you eventually realize you don't like.

Cold War/Modern East Euro terrain is a big hole in the market. You can re-use some WW2 houses for small villages but I don't think anyone manufactures ready-to-go stuff. I'm busy with work and new baby otherwise I've considered giving it a go myself.

There is a guy that makes modular apartment building pieces in 1/87 scale
redstarrailways.com/kubikirsr.asp

I like how that fence turned out.

Yep

i.e. - id est "in other words"
e.g. - exempli gratia "for example"

>Cold War/Modern East Euro terrain is a big hole in the market. You can re-use some WW2 houses for small villages but I don't think anyone manufactures ready-to-go stuff.
Shit mang, tons of railway models in 1:87 that can be used with a bit of a stretch of imagination.

I'm going to blame it on the fact that I haven't eaten yet today.

Who can possibly expect to get their latin right on an empty stomach?

Cheers user. I made a couple Its actually all my first attempt at making terrain and I'm happy it ended better than I expected.

Playing games set in Australia?

Sure, for fairly generic stuff. No one makes specifically Eastern European/Soviet architecture though. There's enough of a difference I'm sure you've seen a picture before and said to yourself "that's definitely from Russia" and not just because of the drunk guy squatting

You might give those roofs a drybrush of slightly lighter brown/tan

Two vehicles completed recently - an Armourfast M10 Wolverine with a fair amount of stowage and crew added...

...and a Revell Cromwell, almost totally OOB with the exception of a small stowage item on the side of the turret from a GW IG tonk.

Please clean up the rims of the bases but otherwise top notch.

>No one makes specifically Eastern European/Soviet architecture though.

This is kind of a big problem, though I suspect it's better covered in 6mm. I was looking into those standard soviet pre-fab buildings in 28mm for doing Chechen wars or maybe a little STALKER a while back and there's basically nothing there either.

I suspect that it's down to all the stuff being expected to take place in West Germany, which conveniently also just ties into WW2 (tons of buildings available for that of course) so no need to make anything more fancy than perhaps a more modern looking shop front and petrol station. Or generic bombed-out ruins and industrial buildings.

Protip: Monopoly pieces make decent cheap scenery for very small scales.

I'll do it, thanks.

got a game of ASL in Saturday. played "Death Throes" from the module Poland in Flames. I was the poles and some highlights from the game

My first trip line of defense-2 squads got overran pretty quick and were locked in melee and both were reduced to 1/2 squads with no casualties inflicted in return. the next turn both half squads killed off the germans attacking them to a man. A german squad goes berzerk and charges one of the 1/2 squads locking them in melee. The german playes shoots into the hex with the polish half squad and the berzerk squad and rolls a K2 result killing one of the units-random selection kills his own berzerk squad!

the next turn 2 german leaders and 2 polish squads are taken prisoner-and later in the game 2 more polish squads would be taken prisoner.(Ive never seen that many prisinors taken in all my games of playing ASL all together) no prisoners ever managed to get freed. the germans stumbled next to my hidden squad with a medium MG and my guys couldnt do shit on the 16 column with a -2 dice roll (Rolled a 12-i rolled 4 12s that day)

The german advance was going well until I got my reserves on and i managed to slide them into 2 of the building hexes I was holding and my dice rolls turned around. I had a broke leader and 2 broke squads all under DM and managed to rally the leader and one the squads.(rallied the leader on a 3 and the squad on a 2) and my defensive fire that turn managed to break or kill a couple of his stacks moving into position to assault one of the buildings. he just didnt have to time to take both of the buildings and I managed to eek out a win! I think thats the first win i have gotten down there in over a year!

I'm the user from last thread and yeah I haven't found any Soviet architecture in 15mm. I might just grab some German stuff and place the game in Berlin and Western Europe.

who here plays bolt action with themselves?

Played it a couple of times solo, but i prefer 5 men in kursk for solo play because of the smaller force sizes which makes games more "rpg-like".

Did that guy pretend to have a wife by putting a wig and some make up on?

the teeth are different and i think there have been more pics of the couple on facebook.

Another Revell one, finished the base now

And a random Fujimi T-34.

Nice stuff there.

Got a pic of your entire collection?

Thanks. Not yet, but I'll eventually take a photo once the painted vehicles are properly based.

It's a real Milhouse's parents situation right there.

>Two different methods of fighting

Not that different except the Yanks used guerilla tactics a lot more. When the regulars actually outright met it was good ol' line infantry tactics.

I think he means that there are tactical differences in the way line infantry operates in both eras.

Undoubtedly a handful but it still ultimately results in people standing shoulder-to-shoulder volleying musketry at each other.

I wrote up and posted the battle report for Naval War that I mentioned last thread. If anyone is interested in reading, and/or checking out the system, it's available here:

>naval-war.com/navalforum/battlereports/59-java-sea-night-clash

BRDM

>Yanks used guerilla tactics a lot more

please tell me more about The Patriot

>guerilla tactics
No

This lad has it. It's to do with spacing and the control of said infantry spacing.

It could mean any ships. Gun/torpedo-oriented combat ships were fielded in some numbers during WW2, even though the entire concept of a ship meant for gun combat is obsolete when aircraft exist. So pretty much every combat ships from WW2 would qualify. For that matter, so would things like "every modern naval vessel", because cruise missiles exist and therefore naval combat vessels shouldn't.

That's not really in keeping with the spirit of the theme you pendant

>militia literally used the terrain and their knowledge of it to let them ambush and harass British forces, because they knew they'd get their shit kicked in in a stand-up fight
>not guerilla warfare

>pendant
>pedant

Pick one.

I was gonna do a lefh18 for the monthly challenge but then i found videos of people using it in syria the madmen

To be fair I don't think there's a single piece of hardware made in the past century that hasn't been used in Syria by now.

>This lad has it. It's to do with spacing and the control of said infantry spacing.

Exactly. That, more light troops/skirmishers in a given force, and other changes.

Royal French in the AIW did NOT fight like Republic/Empire French in the Revolutionary/Napoleonic Wars. In fact, the French army began making tactical changes after the AIW thanks to their experiences in that war.

Herping & derping that 1780 French = 1800 French because "French" ignores the reasons behind historical gaming. If you just going to ignore the facts and make shit up, you might as well call both sides Orc and Elves.

Nice report Thank you for the link.

But it's not the deciding factor of the period or war. It was used but it wasn't particularly important all the major battles were fought generally in the 'European' manner but with a slightly modified system.

It's the same with the French and Indian war people think 'muh rangers' when yes they were useful in scouting and helping avoid ambushes butthe the campaigns were about controlling area and the associated sieges of forts/towns. All done in a European manner.

I thought one of the biggest changes in the Napoleonic Wars was innovation in command structure and logistics that allowed for larger armies.

You wouldn't have gotten battles the size of Leipzig or Borodino in the SYW.

>But it's not the deciding factor of the period or war

That guy never really said it was, though.

Yep. We haven't even touched on different methods of manoeuvering that develop i.e. French vs Prussian systems.

How about we just blame it on arrogance and delusions of intelligence

> I made a typo
> delusions of intelligence

ok

>In fact, the French army began making tactical changes after the AIW thanks to their experiences in that war.

Oh what, did the men standing shoulder to shoulder while trading musket fire stand an extra bloody inch apart after 1790 or something?

Geez, who shat in your cornflakes this morning? It was me, I shat in your cornflakes. I've been shitting in them every morning for months now, and you can't stop me.

Don't take me very seriously. My particular strain of sarcasm doesn't translate well to writing.

Well after the institution of the metric system they would've started standing centimeters apart, not inches.

Jokes on you tastes like nutella

being this autistic lol

where do you think you are, just because most people here are in their 50's doesnt reduce the autism level

Anyone got a scan of the new Saga book (Aetius & Arthut) ?

go buy it poor faggot

>Oh what, did the men standing shoulder to shoulder while trading musket fire stand an extra bloody inch apart after 1790 or something?

While you're trolling, it's good for the new user to begin learning this.

There was a huge difference between the "linear clockwork" tactics of the SYW era and the more fluid formations of the Napoleonic period. Tactical maneuvering - how you got your troops to the point where they would fire standing shoulder to shoulder as you sneeringly troll - was no the ponderous & geometric Prussian system but instead became the surprisingly quick & fluid French system.

Just how a regiment or brigade fought changed too, especially with light forces and their tactics being more integrated into all formations. There was also a shift towards what we'd call combined arms down to the division and even brigade level.

As user also points out, command and logistics changed perhaps most of all. During the Danube campaign of the 1740s, for example, the French army's operational movements were constrained in part by how far it was from the BAKERY DEPOTS it had earlier constructed. A Napoleonic era force would have used mobile ovens among other logistical "methods".

>ponderous & geometric Prussian system

Fucking Germans.

I think when we polled it we're mostly in our mid 20s to late 30s, though we do have a significant bunch older than that and relatively few younger than 25.

/autismlol

Any NZ anons? What do you play?

I think one of the things that consistently blows my mind about ASL is the sheer amount of content for it. Every time I think I have a decent vague comprehension of the different modules I stumble into something new.

Never heard of Poland in Flames, nor the publisher BFP. Shit, 45 scenarios? I feel like for a 3rd party module that's monstrous.

>I am ANGRY. Angry about MUSKETS.
>the thread

DID SOMEBODY SAY MUSKETS

delet that picture!!!

>qt warrior girl expectation

>qt warrior girl reality

IMHO the Bad Squiddo minis are...pretty bad. Or at least nothing outstanding.

Also, are you allergic to rotating pictures?

Hey /hwg/, what's the best Medieval/Crusades miniatures game in your opinion? Been taking a look at both Deus Vult and Crusader so far but I was looking for some informed opinions on both miniature and rules quality.

I got Deus Vult Recently but haven't read it yet. If by Crusader you mean the game that covers everything from Ancient times, I'd say g with Deus Vult. It has some pretty interesting mechanics regarding individuals, scouting and so forth. The game was written with medieval times in mind, something that's really missing from the market as it always gets bundled together with ancients.

Pretty much exclusively games that we write and publish through ostfront publishing; Ostfront, Westfront, dogfight! NZ Wars, Lacquered Coffins.
Going to have a game of Lacquered Coffins this Sunday down at the wargames club, likely RAF vs Luftwaffe