Cringy shit you can't help but enjoy

>Villain: "If you kill me, you will be just as bad as I am."
>Party member: "I've killed tens and hundreds of your minions just to get here. What makes you think I'm not actually worse than you are?"

>revenge-driven orphan finally bursts into the villain's lair
>finds him on his deathbed
>the only reason he hasn't died yet is because he was waiting for her and was sustaining himself on pure willpower
>when he sees her, he says something along the lines of "Finally, you're here. Now I can die in peace."

>Party member: "You killed my parents/lover/children/dog/etc.!"
>Villain: "Well, I can't be expected to remember everyone I've killed, yknow?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=369174
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=387497
youtu.be/alKyMnBktWk?t=1m20s
youtu.be/GlhOUyy4wbs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Depending on delivery, both could be great.

>Player: The whole "I'm a magical prodigy" backstory. Especially with younger spellcasters.
It bleeds of special snowflake, but when magic is involved this is actually preferable, to me, in comparison with the whole "I studied I really hard" thing, because being a prodigy doesn't imply the setting is full of people who are even BETTER at it than you on account of having had way more time to study/practice the craft.

Anyone who can do a good HK voice has my artistic licence to have as much fun at the table as possible. I don't care how corny it is, a good HK can really liven up the party.

HK?

Hector Kardashian.

Hannibal Kektor.

Fine, I'll post a few more examples:

>Character A tries to commit suicide
>Character B encourages A to go on, because he is a fucking trash person who is too weak to actually do anything about his life and takes an easy way out instead
>A is indignant and enraged by B so openly mocking his shitty life and starts arguing with B, forgetting about the suicide attempt entirely
>turns out, B was counting exactly on that to try and prevent A from suiciding

>a jaded character who keeps whining how the world is fucking awful and he hates his job of saving the other people
>when the shit hits the fan, however, he's the first one to protect everyone, because that's a job that needs to be done, and if it's not him who does it, then who?

>a character is experiencing hallucinations about everyone trying to kill him, even his closest friends (I'm not fond of anime examples, but think something along the lines of Higurashi)
>even if he's unsure whether that's hallucinations or an actual conspiracy, and whether it's him going mad or the world around him, he still decides to trust the people around him

Annoying as hell Fairest that is actualy extremely fragile

I fucking love jaded characters that is first to protect. I just think its loveable

>PCs go through a harrowing, near-death experience
>"Hey, before we move onward, there's something I need to do."
>PC hugs another PC, and soon all the PCs exchange hugs

I enjoy timid mages and healers, despite them being 100% waifubait/magical-realm for most people. I don't like the characters in a fetishy way, it's just an archetype that I think is interesting to have in games that are so often based around violence and force as the main ways a character exercises their influence over the world.

I also like the "I have 18 Charisma and I know it!" Sorceress archetype. But that one IS a bit Magical Realm.

>Villain: "I have achieved great power! I am now indestructable, you are far too late!"

>Players attack, he dies at the first blow, turns out he was an charismatic, but utterly average joe, and he was just wrong or bluffing about the ritual. Bonus points if he look just as surprised as the players when he dies.

>the royal family has a superpowers that are crucial to ensuring the stability of the nation, if not the world

>half of every jRPG with princes and princesses, like many of the Tales, the Final Fantasies, and the Fire Emblems

Defend this.

>mfw overcoming shit you shouldn't be able to handle through sheer DM fiat and FORCE OF WILL
>"UWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH" optional
Read more about these and other tales in "Shit that didn't happen but I'd like to do once"

Some dude with superpowers used said superpowers to create a nation with himself as the head. His superpowers was then passed down from generation to generation.

What is "The Legend of Zelda".

>>Party member: "You killed my parents/lover/children/dog/etc.!"
>>Villain: "Well, I can't be expected to remember everyone I've killed, yknow?"

Awful movie, but the best delivery of that had to be Street Fighter.
Chun-Li:My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces.
M. Bison:I'm sorry. I don't remember any of it.
Chun-Li:You don't remember?!
M. Bison:For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

"Behind every nobility, there is a crime."

In short, it means at some point the Royal Family did something to become the Royal Family. In high magic settings, this often means they somehow stole an important magical asset that allowed them to become what they are. They may try to dress it up as some sort of nobility, claim they were given the powers as blessing from the gods or that they're using the power to protect everyone... but at the end of the day all humans started equal. Those in power just want to make sure their stolen power stays in their own bloodlines. After awhile the younger generations even begin to full-heartedly believe the lie, and think it's normal that's they're somehow "special"... better than their fellow man.

You forgot to add "Robespierre is my nigga, French Revolution best day of my life".

Nobody wants to risk their lives saving some spoiled bitch who's never done anything good for anyone and has pretty much spent her entire life living on the work and tribute of others.

Making her "special" somehow, essentially to the welfare of everyone, creates a situation where she can be made out as something more than a worthless parasite or a useless figurehead.

>Burn the rich
>Class war
>each according to his ability each according to his needs
>Full communist
>No passarĂ¡n
>Abolish wage labor
>Property is theft
Get this anti-liberal shit out of here.

>stop the BBEG and become bbfs with him

>Everyone in the party is functionally retarded
>They're the heroes anyway because no one else will fucking bother

It's stupid but I find it hilarious every time.

>it's possible, i kill a lot of people

>Street Fighter.
>Awful
I take it you don't like cheese.

>Teaming up with the BBEG to defeat the REAL evil
>You and the former BBEG come to grow and respect eachother
>The former BBEG proves useful, using his "evil tyrant 101" knowledge to predict the real evil's moves so you're always one step ahead of him
>After deafeating the real evil, you and the former BBEG seen no reason to keep fighting
>Best bros 4 lyfe

Raul Julia was a gem, and he is the best part of that movie

I mean, fucking

>For I beheld SATAN as he FELLLL from Heaven... LIKE LIIIIIGHTNIIIIING

Is there a better, gloriously cheesier final line for a villain monologue?

youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8

HK-47, a robot from star wars

>the indestructible tank is pint-sized and/or stick-thin
>the quiet character learns to open up to their friends
>a legitimately insane character
Basically, pic related is my guilty pleasure

Yep. Like this autist here.
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=369174
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=387497

Paper-pusher villains.
Boring, petty, arrogant, cruel and passive-aggressive as hell.

Man, Mythweavers has some awful players. I played in a Mass Effect game once where one guy rolled up with a 'male' asari. He ticked literally every checkbox- he was a lonewolf orphan who was absolutely unique due to muh secret genetic experiments and was also a ridiculously powerful biotic because male asari. I was laughing my arse off when he applied but the GM fucking ate it up and I had to play alongside that turbo autist for two months and twenty in-game minutes until the game fell apart as all PBP games do.

youtu.be/alKyMnBktWk?t=1m20s

My Character got a "Power of Friendship" bonus on healing when I saved the beloved Ranger of the Party from dying. Which is funny because all the players ship them, out of the RPG, including the GM.

Patrician taste. Just add
>gender: ?
to it

You're all idiots.

>Captcha: AMAPA POWER

>Villain: "If you kill me, you will be just as bad as I am."
>Party member: "I've killed tens and hundreds of your minions just to get here. What makes you think I'm not actually worse than you are?"

The best variant I've read about of this was

>Defeats the BBEG
>"In the end, we aren't so different you and I"
>"Oh I dunno, I'd like to think I would choose better last words"

I certainly hope that, when you've burned civilization down, that you have something good to replace it with.

I'm a reader for THE sole BitD PBP game currently going on.... has taken them 13 days to complete the generation for the crew. They just now started the in-game stuff.

>character that is supposed to be your best friend or rival in the setting is bleeding out and dying
>"user! This is the last of my power! Take it!"
>he dies and suddenly you have godlike stats either for the battle or through the rest of the campaign

Sacrifical deaths to help someone else always get me pumped.

>GM: she crosses her arms, "what are you going to do, shoot me?"
>Player: I shoot her

Always puts a smile on my face

Hero gives a villain a new lease on life, and they actually go out and be different instead of going back to being a villain

>Villain standing in front of some obviously dangerous, ancient arcane device or power source cackling madly
>"BEHOLD! THE POWER IS MIIIIIINE."
>Gets fucking iced by a power surge or something, power beyond his control

>pol is anarchist
no

Spooky shit mate.

It's my Priest's yeasterday session right here
>Underwater session with the rest of the party, cast light on Morningstar, only source of light
>Attacked by two waves of 6 Sahuagins and 2 sharks each
>Square formation, the Priest is in the middle spending the entire fight saving the Hunter, rogue, fighter and mage
>They fall one one by one under 0 hp, spent entire fight stabilizing them
>One wounded shark remains, the almost-dead fighter wants to finish it cause he missed every attack on it
>Priest out of heals, smash his Morningstar on the beast
>Fighter is pissed
>Everybody is bitching about the fact that in the end the healer is the only one in great condition
>Filthy halfing rogue calls him a coward
>Filthy gnome paladin who came without a weapon is judging him
>Tell the ungratful cunts to fuck off
>Knows that even with that kind of shit he will not deny them Pelor's light

>both
We can't count to 3 now? Veeky Forums is over.

>special
>a situation where she can be made out as something more than a worthless parasite or a useless figurehead
You forgot "servile fucktoy".

Now, that's something i didnt know i want in my games, but i really do now. I kinda want hug IRL as well, so that would make it a bit magical realm, but...

I've been Character B a couple of times.

>>Villain: "Well, I can't be expected to remember everyone I've killed, yknow?"
I actually loved a similar exchange in the origin of Batman Beyond.
Where the villain shouts, "Who are you?
Batman replies, "You killed my father."
And the guy gives him a very sarcastic look and says, "Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down?
Only to get the reply, "Too bad, that's all you're getting.", followed by a swift attack.

>The best variant I've read about of this was
>>Defeats the BBEG
>>"In the end, we aren't so different you and I"
>>"Oh I dunno, I'd like to think I would choose better last words"
Yeah, gonna steal.

youtu.be/GlhOUyy4wbs

That's how you do a villain, peasants

>I have spent my whole life studying the intricacies of magic! Feel the power of sixty years of research!
>Uhh, you know these are level one characters, right?

Well, the people most likely to end up founding nations are the people best at either killing enough assholes to get bandits and shit to back the fuck off, or else have some other quality that makes the cabin they built in the woods attract other people for protection.
Given the importance of bloodlines in a lot of jrpg settings, where one ancestor a thousand years ago that makes up >1% of your total heredity can let you turn into a dragon and shit, this quality would then be passed down.

>we can do this easy, or we can do it real easy.

>background isn't just lyrics to Les Miserables

From Batman Beyond:
>Who are you?!
>You killed my father!
>Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?

Stop watching anime

My nigga. Gotta love that slight pause before the last statement.

My bat-brethren

The villain is clearly of a higher social class than his mooks, so he obviously deservers better treatment. What are we, animals?

Saw one where they had the BBEG down and were deciding what to do with him; the appointed leader of the group wants to kill him and we got this exchange
"if you kill him you'll be just like him"
"I don't know, I figure I'll still be alive; that's a pretty big difference"

>A murderously insane volatile asshole is infinitely loyal to his friends, who are the only ones who can deal with him

> (OP)
>>Player: The whole "I'm a magical prodigy" backstory. Especially with younger spellcasters.
>It bleeds of special snowflake, but when magic is involved this is actually preferable, to me, in comparison with the whole "I studied I really hard" thing, because being a prodigy doesn't imply the setting is full of people who are even BETTER at it than you on account of having had way more time to study/practice the craft.

"Strange, no one gets that powerful without taking shortcut.... Wait, did you ever cast or use magic of any kind during Samhain? You know doing that means you automatically gave up your soul to the Pumpkin King in return for that power? Well, hope that being technically undead doesn't interfere with your future plans."

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I haven't seen a Bitching about Words in Order of the Stick thread in a while, is it still going on?

>the guy is prepared for a flashy swordfight
>the other guy just pulls out a gun and shoots him
That what you will, but that scene in Indy was great.

Impossible. Raul Julia achieved levels of ham that no human being has ever surpassed. I'm sad that he died.

And how is that related to the thread, again?

>main villain's black knight second in command betrays his lord and sides with the heroes at the last hour