Warhammer 40,000 /40kg/

No Fun Edition.

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/document/324151979/White-Dwarf-351
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the Hive Mind

There's 3d where i can find nfos about recasters?

Good lad.

WIP thread for painting advice and shit
RPG thread for pretending to be space marines

>playing 40k
>having fun

Repostin because I didnt see the new thread. If my commander fires a tidewall railgun he cant buff his unit with ignore cover + reroll misses right?

So the grey knight adversary thingy can give me free ML1 in any situation or I'm missing something?

Because ML2 Celestine spawning demons sounds hilarious

STOP

REMOVE TAUFAG
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MAKE COMMORRAGH GREAT AGAIN

It was specifically stated in the thread transition No memes.

Can't wait til this cunt gets the boot. All of his codexes are fucking bad.

>No memes.

Where do you think we are?

Apparantly the cancer ward.

HEAR THE DIRGE AND DESPAIR

no need to be upset, Lad.

does anyone know whether AdMech will have at least one playable unit in DoW 3?

apart from the titans I mean

If both players agree on using them, yes.
But I don't think any GK player would want to gimp himself even more.

Allegiances

Imperium of Man: Imperial Guards, Imperial Knights, Space Marines, Admech, Skiitari, Sisters, Custodes, Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Space Wolves, Dark Angels, Black Templar, Legion of the Damned, Ordo Assassins, Inquisitors, Deathwatch *NEW FACTIONS*: Ultramarines (Imperial Fists become the posterboys for SM codex), White Scars, Death Korps of Krieg

Aeldari: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Harlequins, Ynarri *NEW FACTIONS:* Corsairs and Exodites, more Eldars coming soon

Xenos: Tau, Orks, Tyranids, Genestealer Cult, Necrons *NEW FACTIONS:* Kroots, Snakebites Klan, Lictors, Pariahs (yes, tons of sub-factions)

Chaos: Khorne (World Eaters), Nurgle (Death Guard), Slaanesh (Emperor's Children), Tzeentch (Thousand Sons), Chaos Space Marines, Daemons of Chaos *NEW FACTIONS*: Abaddon's Black Legion (CSM posterboys are now the World Bearers), Chaos Eldar, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Renegade Knights

Which alliance will you choose?

No one here really cares about DoW 3.

Apart from the fact that it looks like total shit and will definitely be the worst in the franchise, discussion of it belongs on /v/.

Holy shit stop posting this fucking meme

If you're legitimately trying to convince people this is real you've already blown it like 4 times and keep changing the lists

Fluff question, as there doesn't seem to be a 40k tpg general:

Could a greater demon of who had been weakened/drained of power consume a lesser demon to recover strength? Or are demons unable to destroy each other, even when there are large differences in various power levels?

So only against gay nights? Lame.

Thanks for everything these past few years, Veeky Forums. My favorite community by far and it made my life a little bit better.

Here's to hoping the warp isn't real. Bye.

Starts with only Orks, Eldar and Space Marines with Guard being the first DLC faction.

Only "AdMech" unit will be the Imperial Knight, though those are neutral.

It's for narrative purposes only, so it doesn't matter if you're fighting GKs or not.

Don't an hero, user.

There's still so much left that GW can destroy and you should stay until the end of the wild ride.

>as there doesn't seem to be a 40k tpg general:

RPG thread for pretending to be space marines (Cross-thread)

whats is the appeal of playing admech? no offense but they dont have many models and their minis look bland and boring.
is it the fluff? the tactics?

So, anyone got a nice summary of Part 3 of Gathering storm?

Is it Read the book?

Are you seriously going to end your life with a pokemon image.

>AdMech
>bland

They have some of the most detail-heavy models in the entire game.

Stop posting this bland bait already.

what? the models look awesome

Just like charging out of rhinos and taking 3+ saves out in the open against AP3?

Jokes aside I wish to run it in normal games because I find it funny.

is the term "deathstar" new, never heard of it. now the last couple of weeks everyone uses it, in person and in videos. i know what i means btw

Where do you think you're going.

Do you think I will let you off my wild ride so easily, mortal?

Have a better version.

Nah. First time I heard the term in 3rd edition with Ulthwé infinite Seer Council.

It's been around since at least 5th edition. I think it started in Fantasy.

Star Wars is pretty old at this point and I'm pretty sure the term has been around for more than a decade.

guess my brain has just being ignoring it up til this point

Is this a decent army build for casual play against my brother and our friends?

Will only be playing against other Space Marines and Necrons with me being the most experienced player in the group.

The grand total anti-tank in youtr army is a single melta gun and one lascannon

also
>black templar
>working along side a psyker
ugh

BT since 3rd are ok with Imperial Psykers. Not madly in love with them but ok.

They just hate non Imperial psykers a lot. That is why FoC was such a fluff rape. Working all nicely with xeno psykers was a colossal fluff rape

Also got Multi-Meltas on the LRCs, at least. Running any anti-tank with Templars is always a pain if you want to be assault focused.

>Nu Black Templars
>not working with an Inquisitor
>not using Greyfax' sexy "no Overwatch" Psychic power when you can put her in

>Working all nicely with xeno psykers
Kinda overstatement. Greyfax and BT were super anxious about the Ynnari but they had no choice. Celestine had divine visions and her word was the will of the emperor.

How does this list look?

no ofc he cant, he fired a weapon

Bruh, it's too early for this.
1) I mean early in the morning for me
2) Gw hasn't burned everything down yet
3) if you do an hero, do it covered in your own semen. Maybe Slaanesh will embrace you.

>The grand total anti-tank in youtr army is a single melta gun and one lascannon

There's a couple of Multi-meltas and Meltabombs in there as well. Personally I'd definitely want more, but it might be workable. Maybe replace the 10-man Crusader squad with an Ironclad Dreadnought for dropping and and punching vehicles to death, or ditch the Drop Pod as well and get some Landspeeders or Bikes as fast tank hunters?

>list features 10 warbuggies
>current model is pig disgusting
>most converted ork buggies look like trash
Help.

Kill yourself, retard. I dare you to do it.

Could use a Dreadnought instead, yeah. Only put it together with stuff I currently own for now and I don't even have any Speeders or Bikes yet.

r8? Been wanting to try out skitariis and scions. Vanguards take the jalopies and scions deep strike

Edgy

Take the bottom part of an old Trukk (the ancient Gorkamorka ones), rip off everything else, and glue it onto the underside of a Land Speeder. It fits on pretty easily and the wheels are about the right size, so you can add some Grotz and Ladz to drive the thing then add damage and glyphs to taste. You can even use the Typhoon missiles as Twin-linked Rokkits.

I've seen an Ork player who used a squadron of looted Vypers to represent buggies as well.

Bobby G, His Wife and their beautiful Children take their many dogs for a walk/10

As far as I know you can only take conscripts as a part of an infantry platoon but I'm not sure about unbound lists

>wife

You mean side piece?

>His Wife

That's not Yvraine though.

the only shit you will get is order (imperium, tau and eldar), destruction (tyranids, orks), necrons (necrons) and chaos

Is Girlyman doing my army now? Battle Harem?

He is getting all the Eldar and Imperium ASSets for himself.

This.
Basically, you can only take a platoon as a troops choice and then units inside the platoon as options.

You can't take it separately.

>Cawl healed Guilliman's body, Yvraine healed his soul
>Guilliman is deeply depressed by state of Imperium
>Fulgrim and Mortarion are pissed by his return and swore to kill him
>Guilliman reinstitutes 500 worlds of Ultramar and puts Calgar at it head
>Yvraine and Guilliman have suspicious attraction
>Red Corsairs got Blackstone fortress from Abaddon
>they also hijacked Macragge's Honour from Ultras
>there is hidden Webway gate on Luna of which Emperor, Magnus and Malcador didn't knew about
>Magnus had upper hand in fight with Guilliman, Sisters of Silence temporarily block his power, harlequins trapped him in Webway
>Guilliman recognizes what Cypher's sword is, and don't want it near Emperor

The sword is from Horus or something? I always though the sword was from the Lion.

>World Bearers
WORD bearers

they bear the GOOD WORD

It's the Lions sword. It eats souls

Nice and mobile and lots of anti-tank. Looks good to me but you're skittarii will barely get out of the deployment zone turn 1. This is definitely a list where I, a guard player, with ups take 2nd turn. That way I could hide my tanks and wait for your crabs and the Tauruxes to move first.

People have wanted an admech faction forever and now we have 2. the canticles and doctrina imperatives let you buff board wide every turn. They have very solid shooting in a game where a good shooting phase can cripple the enemy.

War convocation is the meme answer

Someone actually explaine Guilliman and Yvraine's relationship?

I misread that so bad that I now have the mental image of a sword eating while playing soul music.

As a very recent convert to AdMech, I like:
>heavy religious, especially Catholic overtones
>priests anointing machinery with incense and chanting to soothe the spirits of land raiders
>irony of not knowing how most stuff works despite being the collectors of knowledge
>mix of Renaissance and futuristic aesthetics
>new models and kits, no need to rely on sculpts from the 90s
>beep boops

same
unbound allows you do not care about having too many hqs

using a conscript squad outside platoon is ripping a unit in half, its like saying i take 3scouts although its 5+

Cool, just let me source 10 OOP trukks and 10 speeders.
>new kit when

There is nothing to explain, pretty common thing for progressive noblebright Imperium.

>priests anointing machinery with incense and chanting to soothe the spirits of land raiders

Best part is, it's true and it works.

Less Renaissance and more classical, actually. But given much of the early Renaissance was inspired by classical statues and architecture I guess your not technically wrong.

That's what makes it so great.
>Ominus Dominus, keep Chaos shits outofus

True, I was referring more to things like the vanguard helmets and the rangers rifles/arquebus

How would Veeky Forums react if The Outsider C'tan is the Hive Mind Sarah Kerrigan of the Tyranids

I miss the Grimdark, I'm glad the Grimderp is less obvious like it was during 5th-6th

No. Even your cheese mongering faggot army needs to follow some rules.

i always thought, part of it is simply greasing the machine with the right oil

Land Raiders have machine spirits that need soothing. Otherwise it might rampage.

Lots of other things don't, or only have very weak machine spirits that can't do anything.

Those ones are the ones where it's just applying the right oils and such.

Centurion Warsuits have so pissy machine spirit that killing the pilot might not stop the thing going berserk on your ass anyway.

anyone know where i can download white dwarf 351? its an older one...

Wait, Eats or absorbs? Like if it absorbs, then actually wouldn't that be good to use on the Emperor?

scribd.com/document/324151979/White-Dwarf-351

Is it possible to purify the Chaos Gods? They all have dual aspects to them which in turn gives them power from good deeds like Khorne getting strength from courage and honor, while Tzeench gets power from hope and Slaanesh can gain power from love.

If a large enough group channeled those emotions, would they change the Chaos Gods daemons and habits? Would the Chaos Gods try to reward compassionate, loving people with the equivalent of that insulin blob from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or a Daemonette Wife, or a Bloodletter Champion to defend their city, or ancient tomes to help rediscover the golden age?

No more feasible is to create a benevolent god who can then absorb the good souls and good aspect emotions
The problem with the chaos cunts is they are so powerful they can absorb weaker gods - that's why khorne has the skills of other war gods he basically takes over

Mhm I just mean to say, for instance, a powerful warrior on some random world, protecting their town from Dark Elf raids, facing impossible odds, if Khorne noticed, would he give them a boon or send a daemon to help him on the basis of his courage and honor?

Best looking solution is probably to take a trukk kit, cut off everything behind the middle axle. Expensive and a little bulky, but consistent with the rest of the ork range and fairly easy to do. It's either that or gg with plasticard.

Or take deffkoptas instead of buggies and buy the AoBR ones.

Incidentally, is there a rules-set out there which lets you play with 40k models and is actually better than 40k? Or at least more balanced? Seems like the kind of thing someone would have tried to make at some point, given the level of weapons-grade autism found in this hobby.

Sadly there isn't a 40k like game in the market.
Everything is skirimish and "gods of war" (can't remember the name of the thing) is the only fantasy rank a file game out there after GW axed WHF.

Potentially, but anything sent to help is probably going to slowly drive him mad and try to get him to kill his friends.

thanks man appreciate the advice. I was actually thinking of starting guard instead of the scion/skitarii, what kind of list would you play at 1k with them?

Rise of primarch epub yet?

Check OP links.