WIP - Painting/Converting/Sculpting General

Work In Progress (WIP) General: I've seen another yellow one floating around. Flesh Eaters lad, when are ya gonna get to it?

>Citadel Painting Guides:
mediafire.com/folder/drb4mezm6792i/not_citadel_nothing_to_see_here

>Paint range compatibility chart across manufacturers
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

>Painting Videos only
mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>DIY Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>DIY Spraybooth
starshipmodeler.com/tech/pa_booth.htm

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zo5l-1r8OMo
youtube.com/watch?v=Tp2j_8TwsX0&list=PLGC1fmQp8LDu9n4VN3yvQhBx4yZSdDiJa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for LOOTING

How can i find Pillpitt on DhGate(or the other casters)??
Damn, that site is awfull if you need to find a specific seller

love it, please loot more.

I didn't do it man, it's my inspiration. I didn't do this either, but it's still cool

posting more orky vehicles for fun and profit

heres the finished version, youre welcome. I made it.

Wip shot, I need to add more variation to the skin tones to try and get some texture out of it, and the metal and fur are basically just basecoated at the moment.

Definitely recommend everyone try painting a bust at least once, nice change of pace compared to 28mm minis.

Looks cool, are you going to give him a goat eye?

Anons, what are your go-to colors for a basic Death Guard theme? I think I'll go for the HH scheme (almost white bodies, green shoulder pads, gold trims), cause the post-heresy one (all shit green) seems boring. I wanna go for base color -> dip -> dry brush since I don't have a lot of free time these days and I hate fielding unpainted minis, so I need a fast method.
I've found this recipe online:
Rakarth Flesh base + drybush Ulhuan Grey
and Castellan Green for the shoulder pads

Need advice on gear and models to use for four space marine captains.

One a terminator, one a jump pack marine and maybe one with a bike? The fourth is the master of the fleet and I need a static pose model with a cape, preferably.

What are good loadouts? I was thinking lightning claws or thuner hammer / Storm shield for the terminator and assault captains and plasma / power sword for the master of the fleet ( like a space pirate). What about the bike?

What's a good loadout for a chapter master?

Have this guy lying around and I want to give him something on his head. Some kind of hairdo or maybe a helmet. Any ideas?

Help a colour blind git out, are Crimson Fists just a deep blue like Macragge Blue or actually a different colour?
Also can you spray Citadel base colours through a cheap airbrush?

Pompadour.

They are indeed a deep blue. And I'm pretty sure if you thin them a little, citadel paints work with most airbrushes.

Any cool modelling ideas for them? I'm actually thinking of just buying the sculpted shoulder pad kits from GW come payday.
Maybe do some low key "tacticool" by actually using the bags and pouches that come with marine kits.

That thing was finished a long time ago, here you go.

Was thinking something like this too.

Only laziness stands in the way of good pictures

Best way of doing DG quickly I've found is to undercoat white, give them a wash of 50/50 seraphim sepia and medium, then a white highlight. Gives them that nice ivory colour. Then Castellan green for shoulders and warplock bronze for the trim.

Ulthuan grey seems way too white for my taste. Would try a color more like zandri dust or khaki.

Thanks, and yup!

Could you please post some pics of that in action?

Pretty sure the idea was to drybrush tih ulthuan grey before dipping

Would use Kantor Blue instead of Macragge but yes, you can use them with an airbrush. They need a lot of thinning though, especially the base paints.

I would probably use Kantor blue but my local store doesn't have that and I'm not gonna wait a week or two before starting to paint.

superb user.

i saw the very first pics and your result is stunning

Why someone would ever like a bust?
Serious question.

I guess if they like painting more than having models you can also use to play games.
Although I would use that as counts-as giant monster #3 from the Beastmen army book

They are great fun to paint, and look awesome on display.

I did not paint pic related. It was painted by meg maples.

Sure, It's the example colour scheme FW uses in their how to paint article on the 4 major traitor legions.

Gimme some tips for painting Warriors of Mayhem, /wip/. Shall I just look at pre-heresy Emp Children tutorials and paint silver trim instead of gold?

By the looks of it these should be a fair bit darker than Emperor's Children, so perhaps do all steps with one shade of purple darker?

Any tips on how to improve this?

Dumb question: could anyone help me identify what shade of paints were used on these models?

simplegreen

Consider painting black + purple highlights + purple wash

Rude.

Hihglights too thick, too much evangelion

Canopy gold looks bad

Maybe finnish painting it

Would the canopy look better if it didn't have the gold in it?

Highlights along the edges of the panels.
Highlights on the black.
Paint the gems.
Paint the rest of the metalics either silver or brass.

That's about it, I think.

Sorry i didnt have time to reply in the last thread, "yellow" parts are screaming skull with thin washes of seraphim sepia and agrax earthshade. Grays are just dawnstone with agrax earthshade washes. Blue is Stegadon scale green and highlights on it are a mix of stegadon scale green and screaming skull. I then washed the blues with a mix of Nuln Oil and Agrax eathshade. Metallics are Tin Bitz and Brass Scorpion with Ironbreaker as highlight, metallics are all washed with agrax.

Dude. People have been telling you what you could change to make your awful colour scheme less shit for, idk, 8 threads now and yet you keep posting the same pictures of your clown Wraithknight, that dollar store looking tank here and the rest.

WHY?

Sentinels for my renegade guard. The bases are raised because the models themselves are actually a touch shorter than the official models, so I figured a boost would make them fairer.

It would look better if you painted it purple like the rest of the body, it would blend in better

Also paint some eldar graphics on the hull

>blue is green
ugh
Me noggin 'urts

Oh and weathering:
Stirland mud and pigments, once varnished i drybrushed Mournfang brown to make gradient and highlighted with steel legion drab.

Yeah one thing i dont understand, the paint itself look like a middle ground of green and blue, but when i use it it turns to blue. Fucking magnets.

Not that guy, but my attempt at this came out as pic related.

Im asking for advice so that I can finish it better.

Thanks. How do you think it would look if I added more Screamer pink to it?
I was thinking of perhaps painting the panels on the "wings" of the falcon with that color to break up the purple a bit.

I see. I'll probably change them then.
As for Eldar graphics, I was thinking of either going with saim han style Chevrons or maybe with Altansar chain pattern.

For input. No need to be a dick.

That doesn't really scream Death Guard to me. More like faded Imperial Fists? Maybe it would look better if you paint the trims iron or whatnot.

THIS.
Wraithknight user is nothing more than a shitposter at this point.

There's a clown wraithknight?

Completely agree. The problem was coating the entire thing in the wash rather than just doing the recesses, which removed te classic DG white look. This was the test model for my army, but I've since moved on to Dark Angels.

Dropped this in HHG last night and was going to wait until it was finished before posting here, but what the hell. Apologies for sideways phone photo.

topknot from marauder kit

I made a looted tank with a beat up predator i found for cheap, this was a long time ago though. Still one of my favorite pieces. Thinkin it needs an update to the paintjob what do you guys think?
1/2

where would one acquire such busts? I know how to use zBrush and could propably make my own and 3D print them.

>How do you think it would look if I added more Screamer pink to it?

Just grab a piece of paper or something and try it out.

fuckin mobile bs
1/2

Some people here get triggered by my Wraithknight's color scheme

2/2
Just realized the copilots grenade broke off. That was my count as stikkbomb chukka. So what do you guys think new paint or nah?

>these people don't know how to thank their doctor

You pay them no heed user, it is very pretty.

Wraithknight? More like Wasteknight.

neat, did you use ironbelchers or ogryns as the base?

They're actually the plastic Cave Trolls from the old Mines of Moria starter set, and a whole lot of spare skitarii bits.

user, you're a real bro. Thank you.

So I made a base for metallic orc wyvern. Any advices on how the fuck im supposed to mount this thing on?

You post this in every thread I've seen in the past 2 weeks and it's not the wraith knight it's the nid that triggers them

Why dont you do the same with the falcon?

Fade the purple into that violet

And highlight the bronze

Perhaps I should.

nice pauldron

any time!

Topknots are great, maybe if you feel like it pic related is easy to model and looks great

For people who enjoy painting more than gaming.

>want to use ork as corpse under my Archmagos' foot
>don't have orks
>would need to order bits from eBay

Should I just not bother and make a basic rock for him to rest his foot on instead?

I would say rock, very few ork models match the quality of the newer sculpts and there's a good chance he'll look super dumb.

might've went over the top here but mostly for the sake of a learning experience. I think pigments are a thing I need to look into.

CEASE

I would say your weathering is good except that the dirt goes to high on the model.

the dirt should no really exceed the bottom of the wolf decal on the sides.

How many do you own?

Why is it, that all small FW stuff is painted so.. meh? Standard 40k stuff is painted way better

youtube.com/watch?v=zo5l-1r8OMo

looks like a decent series

youtube.com/watch?v=Tp2j_8TwsX0&list=PLGC1fmQp8LDu9n4VN3yvQhBx4yZSdDiJa

A lot of the models you see are the FW staffers actual armies.

I'd say pin and superglue (since it is already painted). If you just use glue, you're only gluing paint to paint and it will come off. Hence the pins.

Loot it!

how do you get the worn texture on the side of the plasticard plates

Chip away at it with an xacto knife, brillo pad for finer scratches on the flats.

StuGs are cute!

Honestly? I've usually seen it posted in response to "wtf are all these people bitching about" or other posts like
If you don't want to keep seeing it, stop bringing it up.

>I've seen another yellow one floating around. Flesh Eaters lad, when are ya gonna get to it?
I used the wrong shade of yellow and had to strip the little lad. Gonna start again whenever I get off my ass and pick up a pot of Flash Gitz Yellow at my FLGS. Still wondering about how to do the shoulder pad. Not sure if the adhesive on blue painter's tape will peel the paint/primer off the model. My primer was coming off very easily for some reason.

Note: meant "you" in the general sense not specifically (you)

holy FUCK . gorgeous!

The main colors probably dont need to be repainted unless it feels out of place with the rest of your army. But you could probably punch it up a fair bit with some washes and highlighting. On the ork flesh, for instance, and the metallic bits. They look flat in the pics.

Hmmm, fair. thanks m8

Tom the rubric its on its way.