As title, I'm a pretty n00b but willing to learn

As title, I'm a pretty n00b but willing to learn.
Didi you have any advices, infos, pro tips about recasters??

Which one is the best to start with?
I have interesse in either 40k, Fantasy and Aos.
Even in other minis companies(I can't stand metal ones :( )
Anyone to help a poor sinner?

Other urls found in this thread:

forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Legion-MKIV-Outrider-Squadron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hi agent jonhson

HAHAHA GET FUCKED GW

Get fucked

Kys

As these fuckers won't help I will.

r/yoyhammer is where most of the discussions are.

Search aliexpress, Z/Zhanchui, Coolcastornot/CCoN are all good.

Thanks for the help

Thank you dude

It's what your mama said last night?

I wish to have GW manager's money

I'm not gay: sorry if you had some hopes

The only "bad" thing about yoyhammer is they don't share contacts and i dunno chinese or mandarin

>n00b
user, I...

At least i wrote in the OP.
Now that you have appointed your self-esteem has grown? If yes, i'm glad for you

The post you are replying to is implying that you type like a 10 year old boy.

This reply is so patetic that turns to be awesome.
Pls continue

You'll have to search and find them. They are available on the subreddit, but you have to look for them.

>23$
I've seen him for 16$

I got me a GW Guilliman for 11$

Well all recasts are in resin, with a few CCON ones being in metal. I have had good experience with recasters, no detail loss or anything. The only annoying parts are occasionally broken bits and some erroneous mold lines. Prepare to invest a little more work into them, but otherwise they should be fine. I would say start with CCON because the quality is nicer, but if you are more apt in the hobby side of things go with Zanchui to save more money.

For other minis companies you can find a good amount of Warmahordes, and even Confrontation and Kingdom Death stuff online. There are some recasts of models made to be proxied in GW games (Scibor, Titan Forge). Other companies generally aren't popular enough to have recasts.

Any idea the scale of the old guill compared to the new one? I hate the new model and would prefer to use the old one as a proxy.

Contemptor height

Thanks again. Btw CCoN has started a good sale. I must hurry to find his mail

Which caster?

I saw only Z has Warmahordes(and Modelmuzi)

I don't know how tall a contemptor is. :/

2 space marine bodies and a head

I think that either Sylvia or Irene has a good amount of Warmahordes stuff on ali. Somewhat more expensive that Zanchui but they offer stuff that Zanchui doesn't.

I send a message to both: let's wait.

In your opinion which has better SM and sigmarine between Z and CCoN?

I haven't actually bought tac squads from either, but I did grab some FW bits. Both were fine really, but CCON stuff had less in the way of bubbles and flash (Again, nothing worse than what you would see with official Forgeworld and CCON casts), and a much larger selection of individual pieces. Zanchui does however throw in extra pieces with their squads. For example with the assault marine he includes enough extra torsos to make 20 additional marines. So Z is better when it comes to value.

You must be seriously retarded, I found contacts of two well known recasters within a few minutes. Literally all you need is a name and you can find most of these bastards through some simple google searching, it's actually kind of laughable that these people think they're managing to somehow protect their favorite recasters. But then again I guess with people like you in the world, doing something as simple as not spoonfeeding people is almost as effective as putting up a fucking brick wall.

Stay away from Z, his product is absolute horseshit, only good thing about him is he's cheap if you were maybe looking for shit to do conversions out of. I use MI, she's more pricy than most, but also has free delivery and her products are second to none, honestly can't tell the difference between her models and official GW plastic, you get what you pay for, she costs about half as much as GW.

Z seems pretty polarizing. Half the people love his stuff and the other half seem to think he's awful.

I second MI. Pic related just came in today, and I haven't even done anything to them yet. It was my first order form her. Communication was great. Just email her and ask for PayPal with your order number.

I'm rather impressed with my first LF order, too. I'll be ordering from them again for sure, though they're an little more pricey.

I have a much larger Z order coming in, and frankly I'm rather nervous about it. With MI and LF, I only bought a few small things, but Z was so cheap, I just went ham.

>half the people aren't retarded and the other half are too poor to know any better and can't afford anyone else anyway

Gee who should I listen to

Z is so hit and miss that it's never worth your time for anything over $20. Plus you should never use him for any vehicles outside of Rhinos and Drop pods

I'm hoping at some point to get Alparius's contact info. It seems like he's generally in the middle for quality/price.

The best things about Z it sends are price and product range. Lots of sellers only seem to have very specific sets.

It seems*

I'm not Alpharius. Might use gmail, too.

I haven't ordered from him yet, but he is supposedly good according to yoyhammer.

I have an Avenger coming from Z because it was $24, though I probably will have to get a stand for it. I need one for my Deathclaw, too.

Dose any one make Epic stuff?

They are very rare. Apparently if you lurk around the epic forums long enough and get involved in the community you can ask around there. Unlike regular 40k they are ACTUALLY protective of their recasters.

True. And not only recasts, but totally new custom models as well. Shit is impresive, like the Knights, Reavers or the new Warlord titan.

There's a lot of proxy lines now: Onslaught Miniatures, Vanguard Miniatures, HLS Models, Microworld Games and a few others, so you should be covered.

Thanks again

For MI better ali or her site?

They're so bad?
I though to try his Warmahordes, AoS Behemoth and IK.
For the IK i could try someone else, but he's the only one with stardrake

What do you mean?

What it is?

>What do you mean?
Fixing grammatical mistakes.

Kek. Have you ever tried Alpharius? I should watch his catalog

I ordered mine off the website. Just send her an Email with your order number in the subject field and ask. We for PayPal. Keep it simple because of Google translate.

I create an order on MIs site and then instead of paying there I email her with the order number and ask for a paypal invoice instead. The site has some sort of western union type payment deal going on which I don't trust and with paypal you can at least get your money back if she screws you.

Any DiY recasters here?

Can GW plastic be melted down?
I want to make simple weapons and things to convert dudes with, so I figure if I could cast blocks I could sculpt them out no worries.

I can sort out a furnace, as long as it's actually recastable stuff.

I wouldn't try melting down GW plastic. Don't think it would work.

Go look at guides for casting your own stuff, 1d4chan has a decent one i think.

Thank for your share

Which one is the best for troops in quality/price? I have checked MI but it costs basically the same as GW unless you plan to order something big, like carnifexes and the like.

GW plastic can't be melted down. Your best bet for doing lots of figure so lots of dudes would be resin. For just a handful of parts then oyamaru and green stuff should be fine.

I got genuine Leman Russ and his dogs for £30.

Where would I find recasters?

Mad luck

That Avenger will likely have a trashed cockpit and pilots. So just paint the canopy black. The nose will also probably not fit, so be ready to rebuild the whole front.

Yea, that kinda worries me.

This is the total of what I got. I probably shouldn't have ordered so much, but idk, it was all just so cheap, especially the upgrade packs.

How do you made a screen of your order?
Copy/paste the several articles from catalog?

No, this is what he e-mailed to confirm my order, so I screenshotted that.

Cool. I wonder to pick some promo models from him and maybe some legio custodes.
It's your first order?

So I wrote to CCoN with a question about delivery costs/times some time ago and stopped receiving newsletters since then. Is it possible that the fucker removed me from the mailing list or sth?

Mailing lists are weird with them. Often times I'll get news of a sale a week after they finish

Yea, that is my first. MI has a bunch of promo models, too. After seeing her quality () first hand, I'd say consider her. I'm thinking about getting the NL sorcerer from her.

any cheap leman russ?

Does anyone sell the mark IV bikers? forgeworld.co.uk/en-PL/Legion-MKIV-Outrider-Squadron

Can't find them in ccon albums

Thank you user

Maaaaaaaybe Z has

Both MI and LF have them. I've heard particularly bad things about Z and bikes.

Apologies as I hate spoonfeeding, but I cant find anything related to MI online. Ive always used Zanchui but his quality is really going downhill. If someone could point me in the right direction of another it'd be massively appreciated.

There are more than enough hints in this thread for MI, and from googling/yoyhammer. Trust me, if I can find it, anyone can.

Really? Ive tried Aliexpress, yoymart and generally googling. I must be completely thick -_-

Yes you must be. A good place to start is the yoyhammer reddit, do a search there and you will find what you are looking for in literally minutes.

try to search her directly on google(or just on the adressbar.net): you'll find her site

Z is rly that shit? Better check others for my sigmarine

If you can't figure it out via googling "MI yoyhammer" you should just walk away from the Internet

Thanks anons. I'll start having another look now.

Found MI website now. Apologies for me being dense

Here to help and be helped

It's fine. Just had to make sure you put the effort into it, that's all.

>hello fellow kids
GW basically got all the good ones shut down and anyone that says different needs to keep their fucking mouths shut, especially around someone that says n00b after 2008.

>protecting IP thieves
HAHAHA

I'm a big GW spy and i'll shut down the internet BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

War Dream has quit for sure?

People who think they're smart are often twice as dumb as people who are just straight ignorant. It's why we can't have nice things.