Miniature Cases

Anyone know of any good carry cases for miniatures? Just like everything at GW it's too fucking expensive.

Other urls found in this thread:

krmulticase.com/cases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

feldherr is rather good, but it's soft not hard case

Is it cheaper?

yeah, I guess. There are also way more variants to choose from, I believe you'll find one that fits your needs

>suitcase
>foam
>???

I think you can understand what I meant based on the picture

KR multicase are pretty good, they make some thick card cases which are pretty cheap and good for storage/short journeys and you can customise the foam inserts quite a bit before ordering, or you can drop more money and get a metal one.

gw cases aren't really all that expensive for what you get. an equivalent size of the cheapest level of pelican case will cost you twice as much, for instance.

the cheapest option for a hard case would to be to buy a cheap toolbox, and cut some modular foam to fit it. this will likely still cost 30-50$ though

So one of their skirmish cases would be the best bet

The last GW case I used was pretty inefficient and expensive 2bh, you can get better cases for the money
krmulticase.com/cases

One of my friends got that case and he hates it. You get less space from larger models squeezing the foam against the next row.

Depends how much you need to carry
I've got the big one
Bigger and cheaper than the hard case
Gdubs is cheaper but lower quality than most alternative cases
Which is weird

cheap hard plastic toolbox from home depot
Foam bottom layer
cut out cells/little cubbies in a thicker layer of foam

should be able to hold 2 layers like that. maybe 50 minis in their own places with room to spare for dice and templates

its what i do for warmahordes.

Buy foam trays. Put foam trays into plastic storage bins.

Unless you actually need to sling your army over your shoulders when you ride your fixie to game night.

I was thinking the hard case because it looks like it can hold a lot but still be able to carry.

>spend hundreds to thousands on miniatures
>won't drop $100 to $200 on a quality case to protect them

Just buy Battle Foam.

haha, reminds me of something I saw at G-Dubz-- this guy had nice ass magnet-tray cases and all his models magnetized so they would stick to the tray... problem was NONE of his shit was even painted, so why even bother?

Maybe if he's Tyranids or DE with tons of spikey bits that can snap, but yeah if there's no paint to protect from chipping why bother. Just toss them in a shoebox.

You Magnetized first, then paint.

>assembling an entire army and then magnetizing it to a custom army tray transport before even priming or painting any of them

I doubt that guy is ever going to paint them.

It's too expensive and that system is shit in my opinion. If you need to carry large models it just distorts the shape and all the smaller ones are loose.

I think KR make the best cases. They're cheap, good foam and everything is modular. I just have one carry case and swap stuff out. Depends where you live though I suppose, don't know if they deliver to the US.

>KR make the best cases
>foam isn't firm and will flop all over itself
>come in literal cardboard boxes
>cest

It's cheap for a reason. KR is the best for mass storage or cheap foam but it's not the best for protection or quality.

What, You are gonna drill into your minis after it's done? Get fucking real

Soft foam is far superior to hard foam like the stuff Battlefoam make.

I've owned one of their laser cut trays for Space Hulk and it was fucking shit, it was like keeping them in a laser cut block of wood. If you moved it at all it would snap the delicate things off.

You want something that has some give in it to avoid damaging the delicate bits. They use this soft foam for transporting archive material.

The cardboard boxes are very strong and coated in a wax. Also, loads of companies are copying the design, so it can't be that bad. Besides, the cardboard part goes into a ridged carry bag.

You don't need to drill shit to glue a magnet to the bottom of a base.

>CARDBOARD IS SUPER STRONG GUYS IT'S COVERED IN WAX

You're both retarded, the best method is ditching the cardboard and putting the trays in a rigid or hard shell case, using foam trays that are made of stiff foam for the sides but soft foam for the cell walls.

No you'll probably find you're the fucking retard.

Why pay for 20 plastic cases when you only need 1 to take your models anywhere? When they're stacked up in the house I generally don't feel the need to jump on top of them or fucking elbow drop them.

Would also recommend KR Multicase. Not sure about wear and tear, but the case itself, bag, and precut foam were quite nice.

I use one of these. I play Kings of War so my army is multibased, so shit isn't going to fall over, 2500 points fits on the one tray, and it's dirt cheap.

You put all the trays in one fucking case moron. Leave it to KRfags to be this stupid.

>putting the trayS in A rigid or hard shell casE

>Why pay for 20 cardboard cases when you only need 1 to take your models anywhere?

A guy at my store just uses a big transparent snaplock case he got at Joann's, and the foam which comes with the models arranged to cushion his minis. It is surprisingly good.

So you have a case that can hold multiple armies from multiple games?

Some people play more than one game you know.