When 40k jumped the shark

>when 40k jumped the shark

Hey.

That's pretty good ingame.

i really dont mind this model at all

You can actually make a nice model of that with a bit of green stuff and some knife work.

Friendly reminder that the franchise was pre-jumped at birth because Rogue Trader was unapologetically silly and anything you deem "not grimdark enough" would have likely fit in perfectly with 1e.

Except there isn't a shred of self awareness present in this case.

Impossible for 40k to jump the shark

Things can just be shitty

Dreadknight is shitty

The guy is using tiny mechanical arms to control larger mechanical arms while still exposing his stupid face directly where the giant mechanical heart should be....

dawg heard you like power suits

> This is an official model

Faggot, I'll fite you!

*awooing intensifies*

>implying these pieces of shit weren't intended to be SUPER BADASS for the greyknight-babbies

And, again, in no way portrayed as anything other than super badass.
Because Matt Ward is the Rob Liefeld of tablletop gaming.

This is so much more pure 40K than half the stuff we see nowadays.
The entire premise is "weaponised powerloader from Aliens"
Does it look goofy and impractical? Yes. Does it fit with GRIMDARKNESSFARFUTURE? Not necessarily. But is it totally out of place for a setting where space marines eat brains to get memories, a setting that only takes itself seriously about half the time? Absolutely not.
The problem was that it was really good, so became ubiquitous. People are then forced to take it seriously, and are understandably annoyed.

This. In trying to make the armor look ornate, they made it look tzeench-like as well as like a toy-like

>Be Chaos
>Supreme force of destruction and creation
>Get stomped by a fucking baby carrier
Will Chaos ever recover?

He looks like a Thousand Sons unit.

Honestly, the model is awward and doesn't hold a candle to the FW Rowboat, but it bothers me nowhere as much as the attached fluff.

On the prowl for bitches obviously

But isn't that how pretty much everything in the 40k book is presented? There are a lot of examples from the 40k universe specifically of things that are completely unnessecary/uselesss or would be useless on a real battlefield. Specifically any kind of bi-pedal tank. (Treads work better, and don't provide ankle weak points). I'd argue that the self awareness at this point is pretty ingrained into the franchise.

Mother
Fucking
This

In all fairness, the idea is pretty badass (and was in Aliens and when they did Penitent Engines). The presentation was shite though, baby carrier.

Saying that, Space Marines are meant to be superbadass. But super badass compared to regular humans and lesser aliens, which is where Ward goes wrong.

>In all fairness, the idea is pretty badass (and was in Aliens and when they did Penitent Engines).
Honestly, that would have been cool for the IG, not so much for the Grey Knights.
What they should have done is a Contemptor variant with a shield and sword.

ARMOR FOR MY ARMOR FOR MY ARMOR

Not this?

Leaving the 'eavy metal aesthetic is when 40k went to shit.

I think it would be fine if there were just some armor over the legs.