I like Halfling Riding Dogs...

I like Halfling Riding Dogs. What changes could we make to the dog to make this feasible so that Veeky Forums autists can't go REEEEEE A DOG WOULD MAKE A TERRIBLE MOUNT ? I just want my halfling to be able to ride a doggo.

Other urls found in this thread:

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/chapters-a
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've been lurking for a while. Don't think I've ever seen anyone complain about dogs as mounts

Mah Indoor Lancer brother

Dogs would need to be huge, wolf sized.

Veeky Forums complains about potatoes in med Europe settings

It's Veeky Forums, give it a minute

Whatever changes you make, Veeky Forums will still REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Don't change anything. If a DM doesn't let your halfling ride a dog, it's not the DM you want to play with anyway.

>tfw you play a small man with a big heart who rides into battle upon his dog drawn chariot.

It's great to be chief.

Are you designing a setting, running a game, or a player in a game? What system? In 3.PF, "Riding Dog" is listed as an option for halfling mount in core, so unless your GM is houseruling it out, it's already supported.

I am aware of that

I mean what are the physical deficiencies that a dog might have that would prevent this if not handwaived

Like how Veeky Forums shits up mecha threads with physics and muh 3/4ths rule

/thread.

You literally shouldn't care, and i'm misusing "literally" here with extreme prejudice. It's in core, it's supported and it's cool. Veeky Forums's autistic opinions should have same weight to you as a dry fart on a windy day.

Ok fine

I just wanted to talk about fucking riding dogs, ok?

the conflict is a false dichotomy I invented in the hopes of spurring conversation SO START ARGUING YOU AUTISTS

That actually makes more sense than a mount. If you can have sled dogs, why not chariot dogs?

Really no reason you can't.

I can imagine having more than four in a team would get a little difficult to control in combat.

Also, perhaps the canine instinct to bite and not let go, compared to a horses instinct to trample, would makes things a bit awkward.

Literally the only thing that would make dogs poor mounts is that they are too small for most humans to ride. If you're a fantasy person of the right size for a normal dog or you have a fantasy dog big enough for your human, why not?

Gobbos ride wolves so halflings can do what they want

Well, there's stuff like their gait which may be uncomfortable, and their backs aren't suited to support weight the way a horse's is. Not that any of that should stop OP.

I'm no biology expert, but that sounds like BS. The only thing I would assume a horse's back is particularly suited for is standing around in a field. That we use them as vehicles has more to do with their coincidentally appropriate human-carrying size and fast movement. When it comes to strictly bearing weight and domesticity they don't even match other animals like oxen. Canines can carry a greater percentage of their body weight easily and they have good speed and fantastic socialization.

You could have just said you wanted to talk about riding dogs and posted pictures of Dogs. We're not monsters. We're not going to ignore pictures of cool/cute/awesome dogs, user. They're good dogs, user.

Why does that hot dog only have shoes on his back feet? Is he an Arwing pilot?

Normal people ride big ass doggos

casualvillain.com/Unsounded/chapters-a

> Veeky Forums
> Not Veeky Forums

REEEEEEE NORMIES GET OFF MY BOARD!!!

Your autism for using the traditional lowercase is clashing with his autism for capitalizing the beginning of a sentence because that's the rules, eh? Alright!

AUTIST FIGHT!

A horse can carry up to a 20% of his weight without discomfort, a llama the same, and a dog 12%.

Their bone and muscle structure aren't the same.

So estimating an average sized dude plus a saddle at 200 pounds, you need a 1000 pound horse to carry him, or a 1666 2/3rds pound dog. That's a big-ass dog.