media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UAMystic3.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b:
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools:
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previously, on /5eg/:
Let's continue discussing the newest arcana. How do you feel about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer#5e_Unearthed_Arcana
strawpoll.me/12523063
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Kobold Dragon-Hunting Party

Second for updated Arseplomancy
1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer#5e_Unearthed_Arcana

>Let's continue discussing the newest arcana. How do you feel about it?

I'm about halfway through the disciplines, but there are some obvious balance oversights. I appreciate that mearls and crawford are experimenting with new things, but I would appreciate it if wizards would hire someone more competent (literally anyone on DMSguild) to experiment.

>DM's Guild
>Competent

Fucking kek

strawpoll.me/12523063

fucking heretical

> Deep stalker conclave leads
That's unexpected. I don't even remember what it does.

8th for peasant army

Why though?

10th for wot4e mystic

>Nomadic Mind

>Psychic Focus. Whenever you focus on this
discipline, you choose one skill or tool and have proficiency with it until your focus ends.

Why are they still doing this?

>How do you feel about it?
I'm literally crying of joy, I have been waiting for this since the beginning, and it's everything I've ever wanted

13th for necromancer skelly army + animal shapes druid for tons of giant scorpions

nah that's the last straw, banned at my table.

Well, for Theming, they're already ahead, because they literally use the power of the mind to enhance their bodies power, withstand strikes that could kill a lesser man and punch someone through walls.
Statwise i'm unsure, but i'm sure another user can enlighten you.

>Let's continue discussing the newest arcana. How do you feel about it?

I've got some pretty mixed feelings.
I like it a lot in some respects, but it also really steps on the toes of other classes pretty hard. That I don't like.

One nice thing about the Mystic is that it makes strength wizard builds pretty pointless.

Now you can just do a Swole Mystic and Punch the fuck out of shit. You just need to decide if you are going Iron Fist or Luke Cage because you probably don't have the PPs to do both.

what, was the rest of the stuff about leaping up cliffs and summoning elementals somehow alright but being good with something for a turn is somehow too much?

Honestly I want to love it but this doesn't seemed balanced at all. I'd need some serious proof from players before I'll allow it.

Aight, so there's a bunch of 3rd party stuff in the bin, which of it is actually any good?

Was anyone doing strength wizards to begin with?

>Hone the Blade
>+1
>+2
>+4

That's a typo, right?

At least the Thief still has some decent functionality.

However Nomad/Rogue multiclasses are going to be skillwizard extraordinaire

>guy in my group has an abomination of a multiclass monk/wizard so he can be an alter self monk with some other spell utility
>immortal completely btfo his entire build at level 1

Divine word against peasant army

At least they took out weapon and armor proficiency...

Mechanically wise I'm not seeing it

They can't be serious with the mystic. Am I the only person who feels like it can do everything, everyone else can do? It's a caster, a buffer, a melee fighter, a tank, a skill monkey and everything. This isn't good for the system even if it is cool.

>1,2,4,8,16...
No

you ever hear about the camel and the straw sonny jim?
I know my players, they will abuse the shit out of it, and they will see all the exploitables I see. I will not allow this class in anything but a memefest oneoff. I almost want to say the homebrew was more balanced.

The real problem for me is they can just do fucking everything. And do it well.

Just like most of the casters?

Can anyone explain me Psychic Weapon focus ability? you don't add Str or Dex to your attacks? why?

I'd run an all Mystic party for fun. Mostly because they'd all be similar but still have completely different abilities.

Any other situation this shit's more banned then Lore Master.

Did Wizards of the Coast completely phone in this class from levels 11-20? There are no new higher-level effects at all; a mystic simply receives large packs of psi points with which to activate lower-level effects.

Could they not be bothered to write genuine higher-level abilities?

>Mystics can only take disciplines from their order
>Get two additional from any order
Does this make it more balanced?

They can't do it at the same time. Mystic is more like a "build your own class" thing.

Who needs them when your low level abilities are better than the capstone of some other classes.

Honestly it hasn't been mathhammered yet. It looks good but the PP economy is going to limit it's ability to go full NOVA all fight erry fight.

Keep in mind that it definitely lacks some of the AoE and control abilities of regular casters.

But it looks ridiculously strong versus single target casters and shit classes like the Monk.

I don't see it replacing the Battlemaster/Paladin/Cleric/Wizard/UA Ranger/etc/ but yes it's going to shit all over most of the Monk builds because it has way way more options than they do.

UA is basically non cannon cannon until they put it in the adventures guild or a physical book it is just official homebrew basically

Sort of, but then you need to make one for the knife soul fags.

I like it this way. The large numbers of psi points using the disciplines 7 point abilities allows for some superhuman combos. like jumping up a 120ft cliff, then punching someone 70ft off said 120ft cliff.

Nomad gets shafted without the addition of more disciplines. Unless you make the nomad's schick that it can grab disciplines from other orders

They don't need any additional features. The benefit of becoming a high level Mystic is that you can use the low-level abilities all the fucking time, that you can turn the abilities that were nova at level 10 into at-will at level 20 through the sheer glut of psi points.

Who need arcane archer when you got nomadic arrow?

One: its your damage rolls, not your attack rolls.
Two: You have a magical weapon that deals fucking psychic damage, no shit you can't add more onto that. I'm surprised they lifted it at level 6 and not 10.

Why is it though? Shouldn't it have a real class identity compared to others?

I can understand they wanted to avoid class bloat but couldn't the Soul Knife had been a monk? Couldn't the immortal be a fighter?

Giving a pile of abilities and saying pick whatever you want isn't going to lead to anything balanced.

Hah.
Time to build an evil mystic into a bbeg.
He'll be really cool and overpowered as fuck.

But at least action economy should be able to kill him.

>They choose from the immortal list

May as well have a party of mystics as they can fill every niche role in the game

One really nice role for the Mystic is as a way to buff up some NPCs without having to stat up full casters or give them too much gear to loot.

Make some hobgoblin soul-knife assassins to send after the PCs and you can scare them without potentially giving them magic weapons.

> build monster using PC rule
enjoy having it die in 1 round.

this is already the 7th time this post has been made here since the release.

Mystic is hilariously overpowered and over versatile.

A level 9 soul knife can kill an Adult Black Dragon in 2 turns by rolling average damage by stacking Bestial Form onto Brute Force. At level 14, he can make the Dragon's AC 10. Shit in Every Paladin's mouth while you do this, and take 5 other disciplines to shit on every other class while you're at it.

>implying I won't bloat the shit out of its HP

Come on, user.

I think someone at WotC likes adventuring days with 4-6 fights per day so they actually think these numbers are balanced for us scrubs who can barely get in 2 per session if lucky.

>you deal 1d8 damage without Str or Dex up till 6th level
Woah, so strong

anyone calculated the max damage it's possible to do in one turn with the mystic yet?

Official tier list:

God Tier:
Awakened Mind
Great tier:
Wu Jen

Good tier:
Nomad

Shit Tier
Immortal
Knife Asshole

Presumably you can make two attacks as they're considered light, by using your bonus action.
Thus the trade off between deciding to ready a parry or not.

They have more defense than monks, but knowing they only have one attack their damage is piss poor, dunno if can surpass monk even if spending psy like crazy

Note, this is based on discipline lists, not the actual subclasses. Subclass wise, a Knife Asshole picking up awakened mind disciplines is probably the best.

I want to wake up from this nightmare, open my laptop and find UA: Food and Provisions waiting for me. It's better then this, anything's better then this.

Why do you assume you can stack brute strike + soul knife + bestial claws?

I think you could stack brute strike with either bestial claws or the soul knife. Both however suck down PPs like skittles.

>Mighty leap
People say it overrides the jump limit, why? I don't see it in the description. Jump spell makes your jump distance be x3 and doesn't override the cap, why Mighty leap does?

>i'm going to ignore the rest of the discipline because fuck logic
Yes, you deal 1d8 psychic+1d10 psychic per psi point and you get to fucking hit the dude on a dex save and ignore their AC. Or, even better, you just make a fucking +3 weapon for 10 minutes, either yourself or your fighter friend, for 5 psi points.

Specific trumps general bro

So Soul Knife can't learn any discipline? What do they do with all their extra psi points?

>Immortal doesn't get Armor and weapon proficiencies
>Stuck with Dex+Con+10 and shitty weapons
>Have to constantly spend psy to deal any damage
So 7d10+Str at best? that's 43.5 per turn while spending psy like a madman? seems pretty subpar

doesn't matter how much PPs it uses. The point is it can nova hard enough to kill a fucking Adult Black Dragon at level 9 in 2 turns. After that you can long rest and go fight another fucking dragon.

They don't get extras and but they can take them from anyone's list.

Discipline isn't restrict by order.

Soul knife gets disciplines, just fewer of them

Soul Knife can learn ANY discipline dude. There aren't any restrictions on the disciplines each Order can learn.

if you remove the soul knives you can still, at max with the luckiest roll, do 112 damage in one hit.

Jump spell doesn't, why mighty leap does?
Step of the wind doesn't, why mighty leap does?

>he has a problem with leaping up cliffs
lol what the fuck

Because Jump and Step of the wind only increase your natural jump limit.

>Being able to force an adult dragon into melee

Herp, derp the Black Dragon just stands there and lets the soul knife melee it for a couple of rounds.

The Soul Knife can do some decent damage but honestly just about every class with Nova damage can do some serious damage which is why big meatbags solo encounters tend to be incredibly shitty encounters just like they've been in every edition of the game since 1e.

I got no problem with it, Personally I want to be able to do that. What I really want is to be able to jump up on the balcony of the BBEG while he's monologuing and use knock back to hurl him 70 feet off of the balcony.

Yo, you serious? That seems kind of weird. I guess it doesn't say "prerequisite" for it.

Bestial Claws allows you to make a melee weapon attack. This means you use your equipped weapon and for the Soul Knife, that would be the soul knife.

Brute Force can be applied to that.

So, 14 psi-points for 1d8+7d10+7d6+any other modifiers you elect to add on. Or alternatively, 7 psi-points for 1d8+7d6 against AC 10, if you're going up against a heavily armored bulwark.

Sadly, you can't stack Bestial Claws with Phantom Knife.

jump and step of the wind have durations, mighty leap is one single jump that you cast. it's sort of like a manual teleport, desu.

Can leap 20 feet per PP to hit him.

>not being able to force an adult dragon in to melee
laughinggirls.exe

Mystic is your friend for doing Wuxia action like balancing on bamboo trees or running across a lake.

If you're a Soulknife, if you're an Immortal you're fucked.

Pretty weird the discipline fucks the main Order.

Literally in the document brah.
> However, a mystic can learn any discipline regardless of its associated order

>big meatbags solo encounters tend to be incredibly shitty encounters just like they've been in every edition of the game since 1e.
I think this is a major problem with 5e. I don't ever feel like the monsters are ever really more than big ol' bags of hitpoints and XP. Very rarely are they a threat.

discipline isn't restricted by order you know.

My biggest problem is they seem like they're throwing out old design decisions in favor of making the class more powerful.

Even simple shit like the avatar being able to influence people's moods but then it says "if they succeed the save they don't know you tried to do anything to them lol"

Then why the fuck should you roll an enchanter. The biggest "oh fuck" moments are when you fail to charm someone in an otherwise peaceful engagement.

Add Knock Back for 7d6 more if you can bat them into a wall.

what was that wizard school that made clockwork constructs called again? I'm looking through the homebrew but I can't find it

Yeah sorry, somehow I missed that.

yes and? that doesn't affect my statement in the slightless

Nope you knob

Bestial claws manifests claws not your psi-knife. It's one or the other idiot

Bestial claw is an actual "weapon" you don't use your knife

That's why I generally focus on the adventure to get there rather than the stupid meatbag.

My favorite adventures to run at low level at this point had for bbeg: a fat aristocrat who was intended to be useless in combat without his three goons, who the players dispatched quietly; literally no one unless you count the skeleton they expected to attack them any minute in an anatomical research lab; a single wizard whose main danger was the ability to remain generally undetected by the castle staff, not his prowess once found out.

so, a mystic can, for the cost of 28 psi points, or 35 if the target is heavily armoured, do 7d10+1d8+4+7d6+7d6 which at max rolls for all would do 166 damage. or at average, 83 damage

That's over three hundred if he crits and rolls well.