In need of RP advice

In the campaign I'm in, we have just liberated an elven princess/priestess from a lich's lair.
Now, here's the thing: we kinda might have played a hand in making the city-state she was kidnapped from not a thing anymore, we had forgotten that saving her was even a thing on our plates, and the people who enlisted us to get her are now most certainly dead. Now we don't know what to do about her. As the trusty Cleric, it has been decided that dealing with the issue is going to be my problem.
Whatever I do, I don't want it to be a huge thing, we already spent a session pulling her out of the hole she was in, but I also have to generally be a good guy about the issue. Suggestions?

Domesticate.

Recruit.

Lewds

I have thought about this, but I'm not really sure if the game would handle having an NPC tagging along with us very well, plus I have a strong feeling that she would exist in the same nebulous realm that wizard's familiars do, in that they just pop into existence when they are relevant.

That's a /very safe/ nebulous realm.
Good place to leave small and impressionable children.

Solid point. I suppose I'll default to that if I can't come up with something better. I'm not sure if I should feel dirty for expecting everyone else to forget about it as my reasoning.

Exactly how destroyed is this city state?
Because if there's anything left of it, it sounds like she's the legitimate ruler.
This could be an opportunity to re-build the place, with a Queen who owes you a lot.

Regency, you say?

Does she know her country's dead, and have you been up front about your possible involvement?

On a scale of 1-to-10, with 1 as "Some dead guys" and 10 as "Not even ruins are left", about a seven. Nobody worth noting is alive, and even most of the people not worth noting are probably dead, or otherwise disposed of.
The kingdom was a pretty smallish one (Honestly it was more like a city, and she probably should have been a mayor's daughter, but whatever, not my place to argue). There is a pretty thrashed set of ruins, but most of it is fundamentally intact.
If we did follow this, we would basically be starting up a new elven kingdom/city, but it would be one that the land is there for.
The destruction was demon-related, btw. Kind of our fault because we looted a spooky temple and freed some evil demon and his minions who had a beef with the elves 'cuz they sealed him.

Not yet, us rescuing her and talking about what needs to be done (by me) was the last thing we did before we broke for the night. Presumably the next time we get together, we will either be picking up right there, or be on our way out of the lich-den.

On a scale of 1-10, how attractive is this eleven princess/priestess? It doesn't pertain to any advice I'm going to give you, I'm just a curious pervert.

That said, you should tell her the full truth, and nothing but the truth about the fate of her home, her family, and her people, and how you and the party, with only the noblest of intentions, may have caused its destruction. The Gods would expect nothing less from you, and you'd be doing her no service to lie to her or tell her half-truths. She has a right to know what happened.

+1. Domesticate with love, as if she were your own daughter.

Catch her up on the goings on, offer her a spot in the party so she can see for herself you're not monsters. She'll either wander off and die or something, or enter the void for a while, and the DM will be the one forced to figure out what to do with her.

Good news: now she's a queen.

You know what to do.

I don't know on a scale, in the DM's word's she's "fairly attractive, with delicate features".

I like it. I'm not quite positive what the DM has planned for this, and doing that might give him an opportunity to fix stuff behind the scenes.
I know everyone wants to think they've outsmarted their DM's plan, but I think we might have actually broke some things by doing them out of order.

>Charisma as highest stat
>Social Reputation and Conversation are her worst areas
How even do you?

Never got to /osrg/

Good games are generally a balance of staying ahead of the DM, but taking in the scenery while the rails do their thing from time to time.

Good roleplaying means understanding that the character you play has its own personality, goals, desires, etc. A good roleplayer essentially lets their character write itself.

What would your character want to do in this situation?

>I think we might have actually broke some things by doing them out of order.
Sounds like you broke a city state.

Are all the demons dead now or have they just moved on to terrorize another castle?

kill yourself

He would want to do right by her, but not at the expense of the greater mission (Fate of the world affair). That is now a tad difficult, since she doesn't have a proper home to go back to, one can be relatively certain that any kingdom has enemies who might like the opportunity to lash out at the only remaining part of it, she's already been grabbed by evil once so some form of eye is on her, and we don't really have any particularly close allies who could take care of her.
Taking her with us is probably the safest approach, assuming she doesn't flip out when she learns what happened to her home, but it feels a little strange and awkward to invite the princess of a small kingdom you had a hand in destroying to follow you around the world.

The easiest solution would be to just ditch her somewhere, but such are the woes of playing a character with a conscience.

Well, that's why I think we broke something. The demons wrecked the city-state, we killed some of his underlings, and now they are just kind of gone. Three sessions have gone by and nothing has really come up about them since then. Maybe everything is going just as planned, but I have the feeling that some things were supposed to be in place that weren't yet. Within the scope of the campaign, this isn't a massive deal, this seems like it was just a monster-of-the-session that got out of hand.

Get the fuck out

>and now they are just kind of gone.
>I have the feeling that some things were supposed to be in place that weren't yet.
Well you've got an elven princess from a small destroyed kingdom where a powerful demon was resurrected.

I think the kingdom rebuilding thing is a good idea but you'd best start working on a backup plan should that demon still be around. Go on a quest to find a legendary warrior to protect the kingdom. Then make the situation "not your problem."

>but I also have to generally be a good guy about the issue. Suggestions?
Says who? Who is your god?

>elf.jpg

B R I D G E
T R O L L

Not-Pelor. Upholds general righteousness and not being a dick. Clerics, and really primary spellcasters as a whole are quite rare in this setting, and usually come with steep tags, so while nowhere near as stringent, I do kind of have to hold myself like a paladin. It's really not that bad, but it does present complications when my choices are grey and gray.

That could work, but I'd guess that would be in the DM's hands, not ours. I'll definitely probably keep that one in mind though.

>but I'd guess that would be in the DM's hands, not ours
S o T a l k T o H i m B e t w e e n S e s s i o n s

kys

>Charisma as highest stat
I think you mean SIN

Lie as long as possible, worrying about her finding out in character, and eagerly awaiting the dramatic reveal where she finds out and hates all of you out of character.

> Elf-Hime
> Lichboss down in one Session

Elfs get old as fuck in pretty much every setting. Just let her build a new state.
If you build it, they will come.

just stop

Establish her as a noble blood line and then marry her to a loving noble family. Her estate will then be transferred as her dowry. Then the party itself will be viewed as saviors and either rewarded or given political rights.

>Regency
this. Her name will not carry on, but she is still a bargaining tool that could be used for ransom.

>pic related

Do what any noble would do with an unwanted daughter: stick her in a convent.

>female elf
You know exactly what to do.

There is only one good thing female elfs are good for.

Being the healer

>elf princess wat do

May have or definitely destroyed the city state?

If definitely, you could try and ensure she never learns that you did it: destroy certain clues, silencing/bribing people, hiding key information...it would be a real test of alignment: Would you tell the princess that she can reunite her shattered people and create a new town? Teach her healing/arcane magic to help her in this task. She might eventually find out and then it's a question of her forgiving her party and you especially for not telling her the whole truth.
OR
Do you push her toward revenge/justice and she becomes the strongest [class type] and search for the monsters who destroyed her town. She assembles a party of adventurers to help her complete the task...only to finally succeed by finding your party in a dungeon with the McGuffin needed to revive her town.

If you're a good cleric, that doesn't mean you have to put the world in danger for her. And if you're not lawful, that also doesn't mean you have to be entirely truthful. If you're on a quest to save the world, and you tell her that you did this and she decides she's going to kill you, you're justified in killing her to protect yourself and save the world. The same justification for not telling the truth if you're not lawful.

Otherwise, you just have to weigh what's best for her without obstructing the mission.

Is this just a disguised 'elf slave wat do' thread? It smells like one.

>As the trusty Cleric, it has been decided that dealing with the issue is going to be my problem.
Why you? Why is the cleric the designated elf-sitter?

But since it's your fault she's got nowhere to go back to, it's sort of up to the party to set things right. Either take her with you as a camp follower (cooking, cleaning, moral support), or find her a nice village to settle down in and make lots of half-elven babies.

A good GM can just re-lay the rails, or make it seem like you were on them all along.

Being an elf prince/princess must be the most terrible job ever. Just imagine thousands of years as a princess waiting for your moment to rule.