Horus Heresy General - /hhg/

40k models? edition
In my 30k? subedition

Ya'll niggas need water filters; GW uses FOC to balance its games; smoke phospex erry day; I'm not saying it's [REDACTED SECTION], but it's [REDACTED SECTION]; mechanicum all over your face; photography lessons; poorfags ruin everything; IW bitterness is canon; moritat sucks, more news at >THIS THING
mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

First for old classic

Why can't I play orks in 30k? They existed back then.

Next book

Opening this thread the right way

Can you not use 40k codices in 30k?

Erebus did nothing wrong

Emperor is a non-human creature of warp energy that enslaves anyone who murders those that disagree with him.

What kind of anti-armor would T-Sons field, armor is tough to crack.

Fluff more important than effect

Officially you can't but outside of tourneys nobody will enforce this.

I've regularly seen Eldar, Orks, Dark Eldar, and even Necrons in 30k. Some guy even substituted Rangdans with Tyranids.

This nigga got some fuckin haji runes on his collar

Aircraft and speeders.
They're also mechanised infantry, so upgunned and upgraded transports would work if you don't wanna go that route.

SWORN TO AVENGE
CONDEMN TO HELL
TEMPT NOT THE BLADE
ALL FEAR THE SENTIIIINEL

Their anti-armor weapons/vehicles were basically the same as everyone else, just not in large numbers.

FW recently added 3 Orders alongside the standard TS Cults/Fellowships as an excuse to give them regular military formations.

Today's offering is a spinning Marine of the IXth. Only 15 more legions to go and the diorama/kill team will be ready!

Spinning Diorama user is best Diorama user.
Keep up the good work

>checker patter on shoulder

Propa flash.

And for those that don't enjoy spinning Marines, here's a still shot. Still need to base and weather him a bit, but so far I'm pleased. All the red was done with a simple yet effective three colour blending, all the iconography is freehand.

>that enslaves anyone who murders those that disagree with him.
So, what I'm getting from this is that the Emperor was both Allah and Dubya.

Current plans for my 2500 IH list I'm working on. Just have the marines right now, have to buy 30k vehicles.

Head of the Gorgon

Autek Mor, cyber-familiar
4x cataphractii terminator command squad. 4 power fists, standard bearer with a thunder hammer
Land raider phobos with AC and EA

5 man vet squad with combi plasmas, marksman, sgt has AA

2 thudd guns with shatter shells

Contemptor cortus with assault cannon

2 10 man tac squads in multimelta rhinos, sgts have AA and combi plasmas

5 man tac support squad with plasmaguns and a multimelta rhino, sgt with AA

Deredeo with missile launcher

2x vindicator laser destroyer squad

Sicaran with lascannon sponsons

Aegis with comm relay

Spinning marines a best.

>Even in the Imperial Lie, sometimes you find truth. There is indeed a season for all things. And now that I see myself mind-to-mind and soul-to-soul, I know I cannot raise my hand against you. But know this: you are my greatest disappointment.
>Does your master hear me? Father!? You can kill me, but you will never have my Legion! My strength is not in steel and fire! That is what the loyalists will never understand. A season for all things: a time to live, and a time to die. A time to build, and a time ... TO DESTROY!
>Come now, M'Shen. There is one final thing to discuss.
>The assassin has overcome my final defense, and now she's come to murder me. In the end what separates a warrior from a slave? Weapon Skill? Power? No, a warrior chooses...a slave obeys.
>You think you have memories. The Palace. An Imperial Order. A Thunderhawk. A crash. And then this place. Was there really an order? Did that Thunderhawk crash, or, was it hijacked? Forced down, forced down by something less than a warrior, something bred to sleepwalk through life until they're activated by a simple phrase, spoken by their kindly master. Was a warrior sent to kill? Or a slave? A warrior chooses, a slave obeys.
>Come in
>Stop, would you kindly?
>"Would you kindly", powerful phrase. Familiar phrase?
>Sit, would you kindly? Stand!...would you kindly? Run! Stop! Turn. A warrior chooses, a slave obeys.
>KILL!
>A warrior chooses!
>A shlave obeysh!
>OBEEEEEEY!

Thanks anons

3 power fists and a thunder hammer rather

Around 2500 you starts to see LoWs, primarchs, leviathan talons and/or a unit spam. Do you think your list could compete with any of those?

Last 2500 point game I came up against a typhon, pert, 6 quad launchers and 3 Medusa's.

I'm not judging your list poorly, just want to know if you think you can go toe to toe with these types of list.

then you play with waacfag spergs who dont know how to have a good time without crushing their opponent
i feel sorry for you senpai

Hell if I know. I've never played against a LoW. This is just kind of an idea of what models to build towards to get a bigger list eventually.

That sounds like a pretty shitty 30k list though. Save that shit for tryhard 40k tournaments, 30k should be about building a list that makes sense, looks good, and have a good time with it.

The vindicators can hurt big shit at least, if I can keep them alive. Have to hope we play with actual terrain.

christ. and I thought my meta was shit
and I'm the RG bro that has to bring mech/cybernetica for anti-armor

Does anyone know how to get into contact with the people selling these? Pretty desperate to get into 30k Epic.

>I see what you did there.

WAACfags make the meta. There's a casual group I play with but winning in that group feels like nothing compared to beating cheesefags.

>typhon, pert

Did he use a different FOC than the AoD to get both a super-heavy and a primarch?

yes

seeing things like these almost make me wonder what the reaction from FW would be if one of the guys casting them found a way to anonmyously send FW a giant box with copies of all the masters/master molds to produce them.

never gonna happen, but it's one of those things where it's hard to say if they would just bin them, or jump on the chance to make a great product line.

>i will never know this feel

I made my list to be fluffy and contain all the shit I wanted to play, it came out at 3K and is basically hopeless. At least I have fun.

Levitihan? or what?

My metta will have primarchs at 2500 once the release evryone's and we're going to do a big group order there's 8 of us that play 30k.

I feel like they'd use them if it weren't for their change from 6mm to 8mm. With the upcoming Titanicus, I have a difficult time seeing them not rebooting Epic.

Anyway, at 2500 I could take Ferrus Manus and just use Orth in the sicaran as my HQ. Definitely something I've thought about. I'd have to drop the land raider though. Straight up replacing Autek and his command squad and land raider wth Ferrus and Orth would save me 55 points. Not sure what I'd do with them.

If it was a leviathan FoC and the typhon was painted as/using the Iron Warriors rules, then he had an illegal list.

Even for the optional Org charts the allied detachment can NEVER be the same 'faction' as the primary.

Leviathan FoC
Death Guard allies

Well, for 40 though I could change my Cortus to a regular Contemptor. I do like overcharge for I5 though. The other 15 could give it a havoc launcher or a graviton gun maybe? I dunno, it's an option. I think that autek's squad and a land raider probably gets more done than Ferrus on foot by himself though.

>Typhon was traitor Iron hands

mot really but i think you can take more then one low in a leviathan list.

he is a cheesy faggot and you should slap his shit.

>Death Guard allies
So, Pert and TWO Typhons?

I smacked his shit so I'm not salty about it. Shit list like his are easy to work around but you have to tailor your own list to face that stuff.

Was looking at an old version of my list; I'd actually have 75 points left because this was before I added a third power fist and a thunder hammer to it.

I could do something with 75 points, I'm not using any fast attack. Could get me an attack jetbike, or some tarantulas or a land speeder or something. My elites and heavy support are full.

is there a particularly good way to use support squads with graviton guns or is it something i should leave to other guys, namely dreads/myrmidon secutors?

Daily Word Bearers Post #6

L O R G A R D I D N O T H I N G W R O N G

Anyone?

Do I dare to dream that this might be a feasable list? I just want mono-sisters talons of the emperor to be workable.

HQ-

Jenetia Krole (150) (tactic- Crusader)

Excruciatus cadre x5 - Adrathic Destructor, Silent Judge with needle pistol (120) (Tactic- Infiltrate)
Dedicated Transport- Kharon Aquisitor, Multi-Melta (125)

Excruciatus cadre x5 - Adrathic Destructor, Silent Judge with needle pistol (120) (Tactic- Infiltrate)

Troops-

Prosecutor Cadre x10, Bolters, nucio-vox, breaching charge (135) (Tactic- Stealth)

Prosecutor Cadre x10, bolt pistols, nucio-vox, breaching charge (135) (Tactic- Infiltrate)

Prosecutor Cadre x10, bolt pistols, nucio-vox, breaching charge (135) (Tactic- Infiltrate)

Elites-
Oblivion knights x10, Raptor Guard (170) (tactic- Crusader)

Oblivion knights x10 (150) (tactic- Crusader)

Oblivion knights x10 (150) (tactic- Crusader)
Heavy Support-

Seeker Cadre x10, Grenade Launchers, breaching charge (195) (Tactic- Stealth)
Dedicated Transport- Kharon Aquisitor, Heavy Cannon (125)

Seeker Cadre x10, Flamers, breaching charge (145) (Tactic- Stealth)

Seeker Cadre x10, Flamers, breaching charge (145) (Tactic- Stealth)

(3000)

Idea is that all of the squads with nucio-vox infiltrate in, except the one bolter squad getting a backfield objective of some kind, scout from Krole where applicable, and season to taste. Re-roll on sieze does give me a slightly higher chance of going first, but I'm not banking on it. Voxes for deepstriking rest of army.

cont-
2 adrathic destructors on the HQ squads as the only thing that could deal with a 14-on-all-facings, armored ceramite'd box, its the best mono sisters have. Rest of the aquisitors (all 10 of them) can fish for 6's on missiles and multi-meltas, and all of them have twin-linked weaps to harass flyers. Thoughts?

How?

In the Leviathan FOC the compulsory LoW slot must be filled by an Engine of Destruction or Great Beast type unit, not a Primarch, and it is your Warlord. A primarch must be your Warlord, so he cannot be taken as a non-compulsory LoW for the detachment or the Allied HQ, because the compulsory LoW is the Warlord.

Or am I just missing something?

looks aight
might overwhelm some lists but it doesnt really seem to me to have any particular punch

used right, they can entirely obviate your need for heavy anti-armor. drop them in a pod, or outflank them with the warlord trait. if using head of the gorgon outflank them in a rhino.

FW has explicitly stated that you may do so, but that it would be wise to allow 40k armies special advantages as needed to allow them go compete against 30k armies.

The specific example cited iirc was doubling the squad max squad size of boyz squads.

>allow 40k armies special advantages as needed to allow them go compete against 30k armies

>I'm not saying it's [REDACTED SECTION], but it's [REDACTED SECTION]
I said something that got into the OP? This is the happiest day of my life! Time to go thin my paints.

It's Orks, user. They're in there with DE, Nids, and stock CSM.

>as needed
key words, mate

It should say something about orks and tyranids that they need this.

I want to get to painting my iron hands and getting started with my army but humidity has been in the high 90s.

Maybe I should break down and get brush on primer.

Vallejo surface primer.

>Bought all the paints
>Bought some MKIII marines
>Assembled, cleaned, and primed the models
>Ready to make some Iron Warriors

But I hesitated and realized that I really want to make a White Scars army list, I've just been put off by the fact that I hate painting white.

Anyway, any White Scars players here who could help me with a list? Also what are the thoughts on using 40k bikes instead of Outrider bikes?

>what are the thoughts on using 40k bikes instead of Outrider bikes?
I prefer the 40k bikes, but FW purists might have a fit.

You'll want to swap the mk7 riders out, though.

Ask around on TacComs in a not douchebaggy way and someone might be nice to you. The guys who make this shit are all kinds of paranoid and rightly so. Even if you did manage to get a referral they might not even choose to sell to you.

They already said at the Weekender they're not interested in rebooting epic, they said epic would just be 30k at another scale which would eat into their business.

Problem with Outriders are that the Attack Bikes doesn't fit in... Outlook-wise. I'd just use GW bike unless they make Outrider Attack Bike.

Why does the 1d4 mechanicum list keep talking about using the macroarid explorator as a dt when I haven't seen it as such in the cog boys red book? Is the editor retarded or am I blind and suffer from foetal word bearer syndrome

It's because 1d4 is shit. It's full of outdated tactics, things that worked in older editions, and exploits that only work if you don't understand how the rules actually work.

I've spent the last few weeks going back and forth between Alpha Legion and Thousand Sons, but this morning I made a decision:
WORLD EATERS

You won't regret it. Chainaxes are amazing

When it doubt, go Dark Angels or Blackshields.

The rage has cleared my mind, user. There is no more doubt.

>> 52168980 #

Tere is no fuking reason to take the macrocarid instead of a triaros,it price the double and it use a HS slot,transport the half,and stik dakka on it is pricey

The only reason to take a macrocarid is put iside 10 pedestal with arc rifle and go to RAPE everything have an AV value,from a spartan to IK 20 Haywire shot are death sentence

What's it like not being loved by anyone?

Really? Lots of better places to put Peltasts, and for Haywire you want Hoplites in an Arvus, but it's got decent support abilities with Explorator Web and can basically mount three Myrmidon Destructors for slightly less than the cost of one, on top of being a Flare-shielded Spartan -1HP. It's certainly worth the spot for carrying an Archmagos and a few gravidons. I like to think of it as the Spartan-scale Land Raider Redeemer.

Also, Irrad Engines are amazing. Rest in peace anything not 2+ armoured.

Looking to start my 30k wolves/talons army and I threw together pic related. I'm trying to make a 2k list for a tournament in a few months, any pointers on my list? I'm trying to make the army as built for melee as possible, and trying to cover my ass from psychic cheese.

>babby wolves so shit they need mummy and daddy to hold their hands

lul least my shits not on fire famiry

rules query - can you take drop pods in drop assault vanguard RoW? It says "only units that can deploy via deepstrike" may be taken in the army, and "The army may not include any immobile units".
What about Fulgrim if he choses the Warlord trait that grants a unit deep strike ?

Is the tournament going to be ZM? If not, your list isn't great, I'm afraid. Some transports would go a long way to getting your dudes across the table safely (and remember, transports double how far you can Scout as well). Some ranged anti-tank wouldn't be a bad idea either - I get that you're going for a melee focus but you're probably going to struggle as things are.

Its actually going to be a 40k maelstrom tourney, but since I'm doing 30k for GW's inner circle, I was just going to make it easy.

How did you guys react when the First Heretic and the Vengeful Spirit came out? I mean, 'the Emperor made the Primarchs with help of the Chaos Gods,' 'the Emperor begged the Chaos Gods for power" kind of things.

The only person saying he got help from chaos to make the Primarchs was a daemon and we don't know that he actually begged for their power, he could have just stole some. There could have been anything in that portal anyway, just because Horus went on to battle daemons for years doesn't mean the Emperor did or saw anything remotely similar. The Emperor is a master psyker and Horus isn't so he could have manipulated things in there for his own ends.

I was kind of disappointed about the Emperor got his power from the Chaos Gods. (doesn't matter he cheated or begged or whatever) I preferred his power on his own, born with power or 'humanity's power-combined' or whatever that doesn't involve Chaos Gods.

Just ignore black library. It's for the best.

he didnt get ALL his power, he got extra

Not anymore, Fenris in debris.

He may not have even done that, it isn't really clear if the Portal is to the gods doorstep or to some random place in the warp. For all we know Emperor might have been Solid Snaking his way through the place collecting the warp equivalent of Mario Super Stars for himself and his kids.

not yet it isnt friend Σ:^)

'humanity's power combined' IS the warp, there's really no difference. It's the emotions and souls of millions upon millions of humans. That's why Big E is fairly weak compared to the chaos gods, the throne only feeds him 1000 souls a day whilst chaos gets every soul that dies across most the galaxy and beyond.

>leveled down by Dark Angels bombardment
>infested by daemons
>human population is cursed by Magnus and purged by Grey Knights
>meanwhile Ultramarines and Eldar kick five legions of chaos out of Macragge

Can you tl;dr the whole primarch return and eldar triumvirate thing in 40k for me?

What legion is loads of fun to play? I play tested a POTL Thousand Sons list and they are super fucking boring. Any suggestions?

>POTL
There's your problem, that's the most boring Rite.

>need a primarch
>barely holding
>Space Wolves faced a Primarch
>competently held ground

Not a great comparison but I fucking despise 40k for its cartoon villain antics and hope it gets AoSquatted

>hope it gets AoSquatted
then have even more 40kids turning to HH?

Is Pride of the Legion just a bad RoW for Dark Angels given their Legion Rules demanding they have more models than the enemy at the end of the game?