Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How much AC is too much AC? Would you take a Dexterity aurora soul with 27 AC at level 5? How about AC 29 at level 5?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1140478
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4754191/character-submission-thread/?pageforid=4767302#post-4767302
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If your DM has to seriously consider using your CMD against you instead of your AC when looking to take you down with a given monster, it might be time to think about taking down a notch.

Now for my own question: So anyone who watches a show with a really strong character will have probably seen what I call the "fastball special", where that strong character launches another by throwing them with all their might at an enemy.

Is there a mechanical basis or build for this in Pathfinder?

>cute outfit
>friendly face
>pattable hair
>dagger behind the back
I'm gonna get stabbed, right?

or raped.

>Is there a mechanical basis or build for this in Pathfinder?
Throw Anything

>le throwing halflings maymay

Ugh.

Does that work with people?!

Nah not halflings, Medium creatures.

I believe Spheres of Might is working on a talent that would let you set that up with an ally, but for first party that's pretty much ask your GM territory because the rules don't even consider it.

>Corwin doesn't really stick out at all is the thing.

Corwin is the group's Xander.

He's not experienced, or trained, or even that smart; but he's determined and cares for his friends, which means at the end of the day he's what keeps people grounded.

Also he dressed up as a soldier that one Haloween and has retained some of that knowledge for unexplained reasons.

>didn't get accepted to any game I applied to
>found out I got Employee of the Month at my job
Silver lining, r-right guys?

ITS OFFICIAL user

you're a fucking normie

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Post your r20 profile. You're in my game.
10 point buy, core only.

Did EotM come with a bonus?

Can't rape the willing.

>the group's Xander.

If only.

Congrats to being EotM, user!

Looks more like a potion vial or some kind of injectable

It's probably something to keep your stamina and endurance up so you can last all night and well into the morning.

>tfw I'm making a legit fucking build for Amuzak the not-really-edgy-edgelord
Wake me up

Throw
Anything

You've done better than I ever will. Consider this, and know that you are the winner.

Dedicated parking spot for the rest of this month, a $50 gift card and chance to be Employee of the Year.

Thanks user.

N-noooo.

I think I'm missing the joke.

I didn't think I'd be making a somewhat legit build for Doctor Feelgood either, bro.

>and chance to be Employee of the Year.
At the dawn of New Year's Eve, twelve Employees of the Month enter Warehouse 9. By the morning, only on of them walks out to be declared Employee of the Year.
You better start your training, son.

Corwin and Valeriya make a good grounded team!

oh good that makes three of us, rate this shit

commit suicide

>Dedicated parking spot for the rest of this month, a $50 gift card and chance to be Employee of the Year.
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal then.

Would a tiefling be a good basis for a psychopomp descendant, assuming the JBE reaper race is off the table?

Post your Roll20 Profile if Tuesdays at 8 EDT work for you.

10/10 Would experiment on.

Help me make sure I'm not fucking myself over?
myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1140478

What are your thoughts on Wrath of the Raunchy?

Okay so Corwin is Xander and Casimir is obviously Giles. So Seht, Onryou, Valeriya, and Aranha need to be cast.

I don't know what a Xander or Giles is!

Really good character selection that no one seemed to be upset about, DM did a good job of avoiding memes coming up to it. I wish the game the best and only hope we get some decent green text out of it.

Onryou's the enthusiastic and just a little bit dumb, brawling girl. That makes her Buffy. Valeriya is rich, but turns out okay, that's Cordelia. Aranha's part animal, so she's Oz. And Seht's quiet and sensitive with a little bit of magic, so he's Willow.

Longshot. Buildposter, you around? I need your DPR calculator, mine's refusing to cooperate.

It's not that big of a deal how high any one player's AC is as long as the enemies that matter always have a reasonable chance of landing their blows, and mooks are just around to be walking bags of xp, so it doesn't matter if they can only hit on a 20. Now, if it's multiple people doing it, or if the problem player's AC is so high that the bosses have a hard time landing their blows, that is a problem, but one that's easier to deal with.

It works! Shizuka would have made a great Dawn.

Shizuka isn't dumb or annoying enough to be Dawn.

>Alchemist 4/Wizard 4
Uhhh, you do realize that's a level 8 character right?

Isn't Ruse Cruise gestalt? That's what I was trying to convey.

user, I...

Typical Gestalt style is to separate the two sides with a "|" rather than a "/", to prevent confusion with multiclassing.

Oh whups my bad
I'm so pleb that I don't even Gestalt, ignore my stupid

If I'm not being meme'd on...

It's T K., Just put in an app for the Peulla Librum Daemonium game.

And yes, Tuesday at 8 EDT works for me. Assuming that's PM and not AM.

Samsarans may fit the bill better.

Can't believe I forgot that part, bro. It oughta be fixed now.

Not native outsiders.

Well, now's your chance to get on that shit, senpai.

I've always seen it represented as a double slash with spaces between, so Plebeian 4/Scrublord 1 // Weeaboo 3/Gaijin 2.

Ironfang Invasion.

Player's Guide.

When.

So, I just finished IG2. It started off bad, but I think I can work it. Still gauging interest. Memefags and lewdfags are not welcome. Any potential players want to contribute?

Soon.

Yay!

I'm not a memefag or a lewdfag but when it's said out loud that they're not welcome, I worry that the DM might turn out to be too stubborn.

I might be able to.

But I already built my character, and I like him the way he is.

>lewdfags are not welcome
Doesn't it seem a little counter-intuitive to post that with robutt?

Thursday

If you're cool with what you got, that's all that matters in the end, right?

Its going to be shit!
SHIIIIIIIIIIT

I'm willing to go so far. This is not an ERP game. Sexy can still apply.

Open to suggestions, user.

Combine Throw Anything with the Body Bludgeon and Hurling rage powers. Add Hurling Charger and Spirited Charge for extra shenanigans and to let you get some pretty disgusting range with your more aerodynamic party members.

It's going to be GOOD.

GOOOOOOOOD.

I sure hope not, I really need a classic fantasy AP without any gimmicks.

For anybody sniffing around now that wasn't in the last thread, I'm still looking for critiques on my application to Hell's Rebels. I've already made a slight adjustment to the personality section albeit that isn't in response to any criticism thus far, but I am looking for more opinions on the application.

Thank you in advance for your input!

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4754191/character-submission-thread/?pageforid=4767302#post-4767302

>mfw the party is eating at the tavern... And runs into the woman my character bedded in Session 2, with a baby boy

so whens the shotgun wedding

How far do you estimate a level 10 character doing this could throw a teammate at someone? Assume that it's a 3 man team of:
> The person throwing
> The person being thrown
> Someone buffing the thrower with things like True Strike and potentially the Warpriest Air Blessing?

That's a tricky one IMO if that last buff would work, not sure if that counts since the person counts as a person but also potentially AS a weapon? What it does is remove any minuses you might get from using a ranged weapon past the first increment.

It's probably going to have mass combat and settlement development, so there goes that thought.

GODDAMNIT.

Probably going to be at the end of the arc.

She's a bombshell curly-haired redhead with an adorable Scottish accent the DM absolutely nails, so I'm totally fine with it.

>All these apps in slutty clothes that still wear armor on their sheets

>and a baby girl
>and two more baby boys
>and another girl

>Her father has a long awkward-shaped staff composed of two black hollow tubes and something like a crossbow-stock
>Something about you owing her something honest? Can't quite make it out, he's really screaming loudly

Cracked ioun stones only have a chance to activate in a wayfinder.

An image doesn't necessarily have to represent the equipment. If it did, nobody would ever get an image, save for promiscuous spellcasters.

I'd go so far as to say an image should avoid representing equipment when possible, keeping in mind all the upgrades you'll be getting throughout an adventure.

At least 25% Flake.

Uwaa? Why do you say this?

Oh. But I still want both of them, so should I just roll them at the start of the first session? For now, I'll just remove the will bonus and keep them separate.

Personally I only look for a good, non-lewd headshot, if the rest of the image fits what I want, that's just gravy. I end up playing a lot of female characters since good images of male characters that match my personal taste are hard to come by.

Val dresses up in a costume and kills people, and is a member of a secret society.

I wouldn't call that "grounded."

I love that series because of just how god damn autistic the girl is.

>male characters that match my personal taste are hard to come by.
This, goddamn. I can't play females for shit so I always default to male despite my growing folder of female character art, and it's so frustrating for me to try and find male art that I want to fuck.

I've got a lot of fuckable male art!

Don't fuck art!

Xander is the name of a powerful character from a Fire Emblem game.

That's the Vilderavn, not Valeriya.

The two have no connection, NONE.

One is a well-grounded rich aristocrat, the other is a vicious and very sexy badass!

What about dogs?

Mah nigga. Everybody knows Flake is best girl.

I wish /pfg/ would get over this dog trend! Cats are better.

Dogs are loyal and like getting petted! Cats are old hat and autistic!

>Cats are old hat and autistic

that's funny, I thought they were cha-based?

Talking yourself into getting naked and tossing your fat wolf tits all over the guy with absolutely no encouragement on his part is pretty impressive.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

Applications are now open for not-quite-Legacy of Fire; Hop a carpet and fly to another Katapeshi night!