Warhammer 40,000 General

>Daily Preachings
youtube.com/watch?v=Wcn3fdUEYxI

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>List organizer picture book
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Offline list builder
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY
thedarkworks.bigcartel.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Has this fella been debunked yet?

Built a Deathwatch Captain with a Xenophase blade, storm shield, and shoulder-backpack mounted Grav Pistol.

Gotta clean heavily and base him and then time to paint. Kind of annoyed at the resin flushing in the top of the hand.

Yes

No.

Maybe.

I don't know

Can you repeat the question?

DAMN IT TZEENTCH! Stop messing around ya lazy git!

I still don't believe the "Resin on hand" story, user.

>'Your stance is defensive, yet not indicative of self-preservation,' stated the warsuit. Before he could reply, bolter shells detonated between the giant's jump engines, It's shoulder mounted blaster whirred around, obliterating the Primarch of the Ultramarines Roboutte guilliman running in behind it. It's energy rifle never moved from Antaloch's helm.

So if I want a slaanesh force, should my primary detachment be EC kakaphoni with a cad of seekers and other shit, or should my primary be a daemonic incursion with a small kakaphoni in back? Also, here's a slaanesh wallpaper that hint get you judged. Great for phones.

>Implying it's not just super glue

Thank you GW

What is the medieval equivalent to tacticool, anyways? :P

As much as I like 40k, I can't bring myself to spend money on it with all these rumors going around. It's anyone in the same situation?

I wish GW would just come out and tell us what's going on.

Lots of pouches, belts, scrolls, books, vials, daggers, etc.

Sword, shield, shoulder mounted crossbow, tons of pouches, and a dank helmet.

Repostin' question about 2E storm bolters and termies: gotta kill fast, 6 models fast edition.

When using Rapid Fire + Sustained Fire, do you roll the hits together (so if one hit jams, the other still hits), or one at a time (so if the first jams, you can't fire the second)? If it's the latter, how does that work with unjamming and my second shot? Nothing says anything about interrupting rapid fire if the first one jams, but with GW, that's hardly indicative of anything.

Pic related is the relevant rules.

I can't wait to read about Guilliman bringing the Tau empire to it's knees.

I've been sticking tobjust buying basic Marines and expanding my AdMech force since I figured there's not going to be any spectacular changes tobeither of them.

And suddenly, new Marines.

At this point user, I'm just collecting and hoarding daemons for no particular reason. Might grab some CSM too

I can pretty much guarantee you that since the very day Rogue Trader was released there were people saying the game was dying. There's always going to be doomsayers user, just ignore them, the longer you wait to get into the hobby, the closer you are to it ACTUALLY dying.

youtube.com/watch?v=x5Za8HggalY

never change Veeky Forums

Yep, I feel the same, everything has changed too much too fast and with the rumors of nu-marines it kind of leaves me wondering what the future will hold. If Adeptus Titanicus isnt out in April then Im just going to buy a Malcador.

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW!

+++ Grey knights (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2017) (1844pts) +++

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Grey Knights: Codex (2014) v2010) (1844pts) ++

+ HQ (395pts) +

Brother-Captain (150pts) [Nemesis force sword, Storm bolter, Warlord]

Librarian (135pts) [Nemesis warding stave, Psyker [ML 3]]

Librarian (110pts) [Nemesis warding stave, Psyker [ML 2]]

+ Elites (686pts) +

Paladin Squad (346pts)
Apothecary [Nemesis force sword]
Paladin (banner+special) [Brotherhood banner, Psycannon]
Paladin (special weapon) [Nemesis force halberd, Storm bolter]

Paladin Squad (340pts)
Apothecary [Nemesis force sword]
Paladin (banner+special) [Brotherhood banner, Psycannon]
Paladin (special weapon) [Nemesis force sword, Storm bolter]

+ Troops (398pts) +

Terminator Squad (202pts)
3x Terminator (falchions) [6x Nemesis falchion]
Terminator (psycannon) [Nemesis force sword, Psycannon]
Terminator Justicar [Nemesis warding stave]

Terminator Squad (196pts)
3x Terminator (halberd) [3x Nemesis force halberd]
Terminator (psycannon) [Nemesis force sword, Psycannon]
Terminator Justicar [Nemesis warding stave]

+ Heavy Support (365pts) +

Nemesis Dreadknight (235pts) [Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Nemesis greatsword and power fist, Personal teleporter]

Purgation Squad (130pts)
4x Purgator (incinerator) [4x Incinerator]
Purgator Justicar [Nemesis force sword]

Decent grey knight list? Meta is super competitive but people certainly want to win

I already have an army, it's just that with rubles of various factions being squatted/changed I'm not sure if I should keep going into it.

I don't want to spend a ton of money if it's referred irrelevant within a year or so.

POST YOUR HOMEBREW CHARACTER RULES, FAGGOTS Because you know this is the only place you'll use them

The Crystal King (165pts)
>The leader of the Glass Host of the Apostate Kings, the minor Chaos Lord who goes by the name of the Crystal King is a brilliant strategist and fearsome warrior on the battlefield, who favors the use of ever-forward momentum, misdirection, and psychological warfare on the foes of the Apostate Kings. Permanently bonded to the Armor of Mosaics, an ancient armor of ever-changing Warp-glass that defracts and blinds foes in close proximity and possesses a Daemonic sentience, he strides forth into battle with his Plasma Pistol and the daemonic mace Mirror-Hand to harvest the foes of Slaanesh and turn their remains into works of Hell-forged glass and sculpture.

WS5 BS5 S4 T4 W3 I6 A3 Ld10 Sv2+

Wargear:
>Master-crafted Plasma Pistol
>Frag and Krak Grenades
>Aura of Dark Glory
>Mark of Slaanesh

Special Rules:
>Independent Character
>Champion of Chaos
>Fear
>Fearless

Relics of the Host:
>Armor of Mosaics: This armor is a twisting, ever-changing tapestry of blasphemous works to the Dark Prince, and embues its bearer with unholy vitality and incredible resilience to damage. This armor provides a 2+ Save and the Eternal Warrior special rule. Its bearer also counts as having Defensive Grenades.

>Mirror-Hand: A shimmering mace of unholy Daemonic power, Mirror-Hand is used by the Crystal King to shatter any and all that surrounds him that does not appeal to his Warp-twisted sense of fractal beauty.

Mirror-Hand is a Power Maul with the following profile:

S+2 AP4 Rules: Melee, Shred, Concussive, Blind, Daemon Weapon

Put him in a Bang-Bus with some Plasma Chosen or Power Maul Chosen and he wrecks face like the demi-god he is...but he has a habit of dying to other Plasma Chosen and massed Executioners.

>Guilliman bringing the Tau empire to it's knees.
>implying Rowboat will get there before Ghazghkull teleports in and wrecks the Tau's shit
Let's be honest: If anyone deserves to curbstomp the Tau, it's probably the greenskins. They've had to put up with being Tau target practice for waaay too long.

Damn Daemonette's a shortstack

How about a grand alliance of everyone fucking up the Tau's shit?

She ain't short, Fulgrim's just tall as fuck.

Played a casual 1500 maelstrom game tonight, Tau vs. Ynnari. Well, it was supposed to be casual. Ynnari player thought melee-focused reaver + jetbike list (no scatlasers) would be goofy. What was goofy is how close I got to getting tabled.

Do you even Waaagh, bro?

>Race that enshrines reason, technology, and progress and views violence as a means to an end get their shit kicked in by a race that lives fer fightan and whose completely illogical faith in their technology is the only thing that allows it to function at all

It's like pottery

>Orks
>wercks someone

then the artist drew Fulgrim wrong, cause that ain't him

That's not Fulgrim; that's a regular lord.

>Fulgrim
Nigger that ain't Fulgrim.

Wow, Jaffar got an upgrade.

>Fagrim

>his face when he learns that Eldar and Guilliman teamed up.

She's just behind him. Angle of view makes her small relative to the lord. Also, thoughts on my slaanesh list problem? Also, I can't seem to find the aspiring champion in the csm codex, so could I just run him as a lord since I gave him a daemon sword (it's a portion of a princes sword) and a curved dagger with a jewel on the pommel?

I take it back, I want this to happen, make it so GW, I command you!

Her hand is on his belt. She's reaching up for that.

O shit, I always thought she was waving

You asked for it, fellow faggerino.
I'm set on getting the model for this guy done and then using him if I ever find a way to transport a dude twice the size of a Kastelan with Mechandrites on his back.

just follow the sustained fire rules, man

>The player nominates the initial target and rolls to hit exactly as normal. If the player makes the to hit roll he can roll one (or more) special sustained fire dice to see how many actual hits are scored by the hail of fire.

A storm bolter rolls one die to hit. A rapid firing storm bolter rolls two dice to hit. For any of its hits you can roll 1 sustained fire die to determine the result of the shooting (since it's a sustained fire-1 weapon). Easy peasy.

Tau list: CAD + OSC
>O'Ralai
>2 Kroot Units
>Breachers in Fish
>Pathfinders
>Piranha
>4x plasma Crisis in reserve
>Remora in reserve
>OSC
Ynnari list: Thing where he can double-soulburst, 14" for warlord
>Archon + Shadowseer + other guy + dflamer bomb with pinpoint webway
>3x reaver squads
>3x jetbike squads (no scatlasers)
>4x kabalites mostly objective camped

Turn 1: 3 units of bikes turbo boost (Hammer & Anvil) to surround my forces. I manage to kill the reaver and one of the jetbike squads, soulburst leads to 1 stealth suit and 1 kroot squad getting charged and killed

Damn straight.

Orks are the only Xenos race to ever park their fleet over Terra. They're perfectly capable of wrecking any bunch of zoggin' gits when they decide to go on a proppa WAAAGH!

this is the worst fucking photo I have ever seen in my entire god damn pathetic life.

So does anyone have PDF of rise of the primarch? I can't seem to find anyone posting it.

Is that fulgrim?

Are you memeing or have you been living under a rock? That's the Yncarne.

It is LITERALLY in the OP. I just double checked strictly so I can call you a blind nigger.

Turn 2: Bomb warps in. Pathfinders get Psychic Shrieked, Broadsides and half of Kroot die to Dflamer. Soulburst kills remaining kroot. Fortunately due to poor positioning they don't do anything the rest of the game. Devilfish immobilizes itself. Jetbikes charge at broadsides and ghostkeel. Did I mention they have banshee masks? They do. Kill them and consolidate into more combat. 1 locks up with remaining stealth suits, 1 kills piranha drones.

I like it except for the Purgator squad. How are you going to get them in template range?

What effect does the Mark of Khorne have on a person? I don't know what the fuck is 'Rage and Counter Attack' supossed to represent.

>Orks are the only Xenos race to ever park their fleet over Terra. They're perfectly capable of wrecking any bunch of zoggin' gits when they decide to go on a proppa WAAAGH!

We don't talk about The Beast series in polite company

I'm actually about to get to work in Photoshop to make the Grey Knights Brotherhood formation actually usable in games under 3000pts. Not adding any rules, just changing the units required/optional.

Congratulations, you're a shit photographer. I've seen better potatoes and pictures done by potatoes

damn, youre still assembling this same model?

Turn 3: Jetbikes charge O'Ralai, previously wounded twice by his own gets hot, he dies. Jetbikes multicharge into breachers and piranha, piranha lives, breachers die. Warp bomb kills Devilfish. Forgot about that part, it actually would have tied the game if it held the objective it was on. So would the Remora but it didn't come in. Crisis Suits drop, kill some Kabalites and hold a point.

Close to three hours, three turns. Felt like 5 with all the soulbursting.

Remaining Tau forces: Devilfish drones, immobilized piranha, 3 crisis suits + shield drone, Remora in reserve.
Remaining Ynnari forces: Jetbike squad, 2 kabalite units, warp bomb.

Lost by 1 point. Thanks objectives!

>implying The Beast series is bad
Love it or hate it, the series is canon ya git, Ork Diplomats, Attack Moons with huge Ork faces and all.

And from the sound of things, it's loads better than the bullshittery GW's pulling with the Gathering Storm. Seriously, warp-fucking Cadia right out of the gate was just uncalled for.

The Aspiring Champion is the name of the CSM Sergeant equivalents.

It turns them into a Berzerker-lite. Blood-thirsty and angry but not enough to turn them into the raging dogs of Khorne, at least not yet. The Mark also appears as a dark red mark weeping blood, a solid brass tattoo, or something invisible to the eye but staining the soul forever in the service of the Blood God.

Whoops, 2 jetbike squads.

Lessons learned:
>shining spears are actually pretty nasty
>melee ynnari are competitively viable and not for casual play
>not being able to overwatch fucking sucks as a Tau player
>A hunter contingent would have been a huge advantage.

What size is that table ?

Honestly, this has been a question for all of 40k's lifetime. Pick a faction/models you like with a play style you enjoy and stick with it. Updates come, metas change. If you follow WACC and cheese you'll just be chasing a train that'll piss you off just to keep up with. As much as people on here complain about the sky falling, I don't see factions being squatted, there will probably be new models and a changing meta.

Soo...if it's the model/paint part you're interested in, go ahead and start whenever. If it's the rules meta that scares you...you will be in a state of perpetual terror from this game.

>Orks are the only Xenos race to ever park their fleet over Terra.
Yeah and were BTFO on easy-mode, even without Spiritual Liege.

it's not about loving or hating Da Orkz, it's about GW backing shite ideas with shit execution

Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, The Real Version (225 pts)

WS6 BS2 S5 T6 W4 I4 A5 Ld10 Sv2+

Wargear
>Cybork Body
>Mega Armor
>Twin-linked Big Shoota
>Power Klaw
>Bosspole
>Stikkbombs

Special Rules
>'Ere We Go
>Eternal Warrior
>Fearless
>Furious Charge
>Independant Character
>Mob Rule
>Rage
>Waaagh
>Prophet of Gork and Mork: If Ghazghkull is your warlord and calls a Waaagh, he gains a 2+ invulnerable save. In addition units within 12' of Ghazghkull's unit equipped with Mega Armor can run and charge on despite having Slow and purposeful. The effects of Ghazghkull's Waaagh last until the end of his next turn

Gifts of Gork and Mork
>Adamantium Skull: Confers a 4+ invuln save and Rage

I still don't think this is as good as Ghazghkull should be

Jesus christ thats one barren table, if thats all the terrain you have then set it in diagonal so the whole table is covered in it and not just your deployment zones.

Ynnari assrape the action economy until it begs for mercy. It was pretty obvious even before people started playing it that they were going to be very competitive. Even a pure Deldar list using Ynnari detachment will be competitive. I honestly have no idea of how to reliably counter a jetbike Ynarri army.

Heyyyy, from the pic - did you try ballast point's red velvet yet?

Close up of that desert fish?

Wait.

What if we had METAL BAWKSES of our own!?

not mine. I just really like this shade of red and am wondering how this was painted.

But how is this useful at all? Entering a Rage gives the person tunnel vision and makes them less aware of their surroundings, which is death in a firefight.
Imagine not being able to identify all surrounding threats because you can't stop thinking about how much you want to stab the guy shooting at you from the other side of the street. I don't really see any advantage.

the highlights are fucking gorgeous

Three 4'x2' pieces. The X-Wing players got there first and had all the 4'x6'.

It's not that barren, each section had three terrain pieces each. I was expecting Dawn of War deployment when I set it up but we rolled a Hammer & Anvil mission.

Mark of Khorne makes you better at punchan' shit. Stop thinking

It grants them the blessings of Khorne, greater combat prowess. Khorne's all about that melee combat, man.

Nigga this is 40k stop overthinking it.

I recognize that trim
thedarkworks.bigcartel.com/

I didn't buy the Gathering Storm books.

>tau are starting to get triggered at the insinuation of being roflstomped by orkz
THE BUTTHURT WOULD BE ETERNAL, IT MAKES ME WANT IT MORE!!!

I'm gonna be honest, that site name sounds suspicious.

I actually haven't had much Ballast Point, those caps were my opponent's. Here's some of what I bring for objectives.
One sec. It's actually the color scheme from the eBay seller...

Looks like a brown flesh tone base gradually highlife do with lighter shades of brown to a edge of white or pink.

>painted fluffy tau vs unpainted cheesedar
Like pottery

aAre we ever going to see a table of fully painted minis with arms attached?

Oi, leave me outta this
(You)

>I didn't buy the Gathering Storm books.

First time here?

Read the OP.

Nah, I've just been busy with uni. Also, sorry for quality, my phone camera is fucked up.

Funny enough, I played a casual 1650 list of GSC vs. Ynnari the other day.

My friend conceded at the end of Turn 1 when I killed both the Visarch and his Incubi squad, as well as Yvraine and her Wyches, and a Wave Serpent, then my friend failing to kill anything but my 1 summoned Aberrant squad, with half of my army still in reserve.

It felt bad.

I think BigCartel is like another Etsy

Then why doesn't it give +1S instead of Rage and Counter Attack?

>greater combat prowess
In which way? Does it make them faster? Stronger? Better reflexes or durability? All that seems to be covered by the other Gods already.

>stop overthinking
But the other Marks make sense from a military standpoint. Why can't this one? How would a soldier benefit from this blessing?

Skaragnaz the flash (150pts)
>Skaragnaz is the warboss of the Razlands, an ork controlled world full of wonder and merriment for the boyz with enough teef to set foot on it. With amusements such as the rollakarts, hitt'emz, and da spinnin' top available boyz from all over travel to 'ave a go, filling Skaragnaz's pockets with lodz of teef, which he often spends doing up his mega armour for utmost speed rather than protectiveness. Some say the suit itself is the most impressive ride on the world.

WS5 BS2 S5 T5 W3 I4 A4 LD10 3+

Wargear:
Power klaw
Stikk bombs
Zoom Suit

Special Rules:
>'Ere We Go!
>Bulky
>Furious Charge
>Independent Character
>Mob Rule
>Waaagh!

>Zoom suit
>Modelled like more form-fitting mega armour with large motor on the back and rokkitz on the legs, free hand holding pull cord for engine
>Provides a 3+ armour save, 4+ invulnerable save and the "let'er rip!" special rule
>Let'er rip!: May be activated in the shooting phase, if done so in the following assault phase if Skaragnaz is not in a unit he may assault 3d6" and his power klaw is not considered unwieldy. Roll a d6 after using this rule, on a 4+ it may not be used again for the rest of the game.