Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4UqS07qgT4
youtube.com/watch?v=JlnJEgxY5Og
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=k4UqS07qgT4

I don't see anything wrong.

Just the French throwing down the aristocracy.

Depends on the setting.

"Because you were raging assholes and we got tired of your shit, that's why."

really gets your noggin joggin'

You know the real point of orcs and goblins is that they give players the ability to not feel bad about killing because 1. they're not human and 2. they're intrinsically evil. It's pretty deep-rooted in fantasy, not just a D&D-started thing.

Really makes me want to open the borders and let all the orcs fuck our women. #LoveWines

So replace them with undead who are mindless at best and filled with unnatural antipathy for all that lives at worst. Everyone wins except Veeky Forums and it's 'what if necromancers wiz gud tho' faggots

>fighting enemies that can't die
It's not the same if they don't bleed, faggot

Why replace them? Variety is the spice of life. Players get to fight all of these evil races. Not just one.

Sure, I guess you could, but that also brings to mind the original intentions of D&D
>which is not the only RPG ever, nor the only one that matters, but considering a lot of aspects of modern RPGs are based off of or evolved from it it seems like fair game
where you're playing out your Conan/Fafhrd/LotR fantasies, and don't have to stop and worry about who's right or wrong, because you're the hero and you're right. Of course that has its own issues IRL but if you're going to be a hero you'll be a good guy.

Orcs work because they can be weak and stay weak.

The problem with undead is there is always a bigger guy. You never see orcs as a end level threat.

Declaring total war on a neighbouring nation for no reason than "rargh, me warrior culture" tends to elect less than savoury responses. If orcs don't wanna get hit, they shouldn't start shit.

>The problem with undead is there is always a bigger guy.

My favorite version is the one where there isn't. No reason, no motivation, no head to cut off, no easy way out, just the slow creeping death of the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=JlnJEgxY5Og

The 70s did doomsday scenarios best.

what a disgrace, must be half ork

>women in crowd not wearing hijab.
>women in crowd

fake

There, I fixed it.

What, orcs being killed just because they're orcs? Are you trying to say that there is something wrong with goblinoid genocide?

>You never see orcs as a end level threat.

You must not play or read much.

I think he means that orcs only go up to "big strong orc" unless you give them class levels or something.
Whereas undead have "skeleton" and "zombie" but upgrade to things like "minotaur zombie" or "skeleton mage" and then to "vampire" and "vengeful ghost" and then "death knight" or "lich" and then "vampire lord" or "undead giant" and then "undead dragon" and then "undead demigod" or "ancient superlich" or anything more.
Undead, rather than a race, are a classification of existence.

Not really

But you have Orc Shaman, Ogre, Goblins, Orc Warlord, Half Orcs, Black Orcs and Trolls

Really makes me think of all the men, women, and children that died in the orc raids.

simple execution was to good for that slimy bastard!

>Orc Shaman
Doesn't sound much tougher than a usual orc.
>Orc Warlord
Okay, so he's the big guy. One step up.
>Half Orc
That sounds weaker.
>Goblins, Ogres, and Trolls
Other species entirely.
>Black Orcs
Sounds like a different ethnicity of orc than a stronger orc, honestly.

>That sounds weaker.
But he is smarter

>Other species entirely.
They are still part of a usual orc warband.

Black Orcs are a warhammer fantasy thing, the result of evil dwarves going "Hey so orcs are strong, but they're too dumb and rowdy to make good slaves. Let's use magic eugenics to breed orcs that are not only bigger, stronger and tougher, but also smarter and more disciplined, then use them as a slave race. What could possibly go wrong!?"

If robot enemies are good enough for Jack, they're good enough for you.

Most people won't get this reference.

I pride myself on derailing - in a campaign - any attempt to give orcs or the ugly races sympathy. For me, the fun is 'steering' the party towards violence and antipathy, and it can be interesting to watch the DM get more and more frustrated when the plot he wants just doesn't stick.

You can pat yourself on the back for getting it.

This, I don't get why that Bender says that

>you can't have evil people in fiction anymore
I hate my generation

>You need the evil people to be an identifiable other so that you can act without the guilt of killing a human or someone you identify as
You were the one with a crutch all along, pseudo-oldfag

Yeah, why so easy death? Should've tortured him for at least a few days.

My favorite setting only has three races, human, elf and goblin. They basically look the same unless you pay attention (elves have the ears, goblins have six fingers and toes along with more pronounced fangs). Personalizing them helps keeps fights somewhat lower.

>our women
Please, no lying. Being possessive about a woman is bad enough, but you don't even have one to be possessive about.

>You never see orcs as a end level threat.

Orcs can advance just as the players can. An orc warlord who rose to power and amassed an army while they were off punching demons in hell can be an endgame threat, both to the party and the civilizations in the setting.

Really gets that noggin joggin, doesn't it?

I'm sure your woman likes it when Tyrone gets possessive.

>c-c-cuck
You're too autistic to know what a woman is like.

I think I hear your wife's son calling.

Guys guys guys, we are all autistic here. No need to get into a insult throwing argument.