Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What do you think of everyone signing up to /pfg/ games with spunky tomboyish punchgirls? Why are they so popular?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit
PS: Outdated, playtest should be out next week but that's not a promise.

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48402740/
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Genki punchgirls are an obvious waifu is all

I miss the times in which thicc tiddy monster spellcasters were pitched.
Damn Dragon's Crown sorceress controversy.

Why do you even still want to talk about this? What do you want from us?

It's autism. Like non-meme autism.

This is the work of an enemy autism.

I want to apply to a pfg game with a Urban Raging Cannibal Barbarian. Would any games actually fit such a character. If it was gestalt the other half would be either investigator or bling mage.

An evil game

>spunky
Active, inspiring, supposedly strong-willed but not so much that she can't tolerate a big nerd. One can imagine she'd take the lead in romantic matters, or in the bedroom, unless your fantasy is that she's completely submissive underneath a fragile veneer of strength (ugh...)

>tomboyish
Just one of the guys, easy to get along with. Won't misunderstand you, mislead you, or be annoyingly femmy, unlike other women IRL.

>punchgirls
Dovetails with the above points on "spunky" in that it implies an active, energetic, and inspiringly powerful character type. She's also going to be strong and muscular if that's your fetish, but also busty as a rule because everyone knows that the girl with the most physical strength is always the bustiest one in anime and japanese vidya.

I like how buttflustered /pfg/ gets about character death. Especially the people who say "my character should only be able to die when I think it's ok" and other similar stuff about "points of drama". Or about "of but my investment is completely ruined", if you can't enjoy the campaign through the lens of another character then you weren't enjoying the campaign, you were only enjoying your character.

People who demand fudging to save their character are the kind of people whose characters I enjoy dying the most.

i mean as a GM i don't really enjoy killing characters

I mean any of the currently recruiting games.

no

Who among us is a sad enough dude to think about applying to Legacy of Blood and Flame with pic related?

...just me then?

Nobody's even complained about their character dying without their permission in a fucking mule's lifetime.

Lurk moar.

If a Swashbuckler has the Weapon Versatility feat and decides to deal say, blunt damage with his rapier, does he still get the benefit of his class features which trigger off of "piercing weapons"?

GM might say yes, but I wouldn't hold out hope.

>Nobody's even complained about their character dying without their permission in a fucking mule's lifetime.
Have you been living under a rock? This argument comes up in every fudging thread ever.

I don't know, but it remains a fact that the nodachi is still the most optimal weapon for my build by leaps!

Except.

Y'know.

It hasn't.

uhh

no

I don't think you'd find it in the last 30 threads. In fact, I think odds are more likely you'd find people discussing ways to kill off their own characters.

I mean you claiming it doesn't come up doesn't make it any less true that many people for fudging want fudging for their character live at every point except when they deem it ok.

Where? Link some posts.

Oh you're drunk, that explains everything. Carry on.

Except fudging to keep your character alive wasn't the point. It was "Why does /pfg/ do X"

When /pfg/ does not do X.

Begone from my sight.

What about a nodachi is actually that optimal compared to a falchion or even a greatsword? Is it better with certain PoW disciplines?

By RAW, a weapon's damage type is determined by the damage it deals, as opposed to the damage a weapon deals being determined by its type. It's a minute difference which means that you'd lose all of your features.

Which is pretty fucking silly but that's how it works.

ya'll got any of dem roll20 games with open slots for a 3.5/pathfinder rookie with experience in other editions/games?

Not him but, while not enormously better, it's superior by a small amount and takes identical investment as either in most cases (unless you're only getting a racial proficiency in a falchion), so you might as well always use it over them.

I'm not the guy from the original post. I'm saying that this stuff comes up all the time in fudging threads.

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/48402740/

That thread for example is mostly a huge argument about it. That being said /pfg/ doesn't normally demand fudging people on here just get ass blasted occasionally and quit games because of "it was unfair", but they generally prefer to just leave rather than demand fudging in my experience. I've only played 3 games with folks around here though.

what does that have to do with pathfinder, thats not a pathfinder thread

stop baiting.

That's not a pathfinder thread, it's talking about DMs fudging, not players, and it's from over HALF A YEAR AGO.

Eh I've had people get assblasted about character death in pathfinder too. Just I associate a lot of different shit with /pfg/. Not to say /pfg/ is better, I fucking hate how most of the people around here treat the game, but they're awful in a different way.

I literally just pulled a random thread up. I could find a more recent thread about fudging. Also if players fudge it's just straight cheating. I personally think GM fudging is just straight cheating too, but the line is blurrier on that end.

Shh...do you hear that? It's the sound of really pointless baiting.

why are you in /pfg/ talking about a random non /pfg/ thread

if not to start shit

I'm not seeing what actually makes it better. A falchion should be more reliable given its higher minimum damage, and a greatsword would also have a higher maximum damage if you don't mind a smaller threat range.

An arabian nights themed game just opened up, the link to the Roll20 page is still up in the last thread.

To the surprise of no one, threads about fudging have people talking about fudging.

We don't make threads about not fudging because the default assumption is that it isn't happening. Perhaps on the grand scale, people do get pissy about bad rolls killing their characters, I wouldn't know, but on /pfg/ it's safer not to assume things because odds are 50% of games globally aren't gestalt.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67321/legacy-of-blood-and-flame

It's 1d10 and has an 18-20 critical range as a martial weapon.

That said, if you have martial weapon proficiency then a cracked opalescent white pyramid will cheaply get you an *exotic* weapon for nearly nothing. And since you buy one anyway to put it into a Wayfinder and get Weapon Focus for cheap and not a feat tax, you've lost literally nothing. Always specialize into something exotic, bottom line. Fauchard is a nodachi with reach, elven curve blade is a nodachi with weapon finesse.

1d10 is higher average than 2d4. It's never a better idea to use a falchion, there's no point.

Lower threat range on a weapon with only a tiny damage increase over a nodachi means that the nodachi is always better unless you have no goddamn bonuses to damage whatsoever, in which case what the fuck are you even doing with that greatsword?